• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

At least Joker didn't raid Myriad Truths on Gio...
Knuckles is gonna beat Piccolo trust.
ngl i don't even think sonic fans have knuckles beat piccolo these days mainly because unlike the big blue and edgy the hedgy knux hasn't done shit in terms of scaling
True honestly. Big problem is that his superform is dubiously canon, too.
All true, at least Piccolo got a long deserved buff with Orange Piccolo to keep up with the Saiyans plus has nice scaling with Cell Max and Gamma 2 meanwhile Sega still refuses to allow Knuckles to go Super in the modern games, literally a "trusts me bro he is still comparable to Sonic and Shadow" statements guy.

Doesn't help Sega are afraid of giving permanent buffs to Sonic characters movesets after the backlash of putting the Wisps in subsequent games, so in classic over-correction manor they introduce a gimmick that's seemly one and done for the debut game (From Emerald powers in Superstars to Doom powers in Shadow Generations).

ngl i don't even think sonic fans have knuckles beat piccolo these days mainly because unlike the big blue and edgy the hedgy knux hasn't done shit in terms of scaling
And now with Shadow Generations, the glazing for the edgy hedgehog will become even stronger thanks to Shadow's Doom Powers and some of the blatant Shonen anime shit Shadow does in the game.

This game makes even base Shadow stomp Ryuko if that means anything, so yeah.

And now with Shadow Generations, the glazing for the edgy hedgehog will become even stronger thanks to Shadow's Doom Powers and some of the blatant Shonen anime shit Shadow does in the game.

This game makes even base Shadow stomp Ryuko if that means anything, so yeah.
As a Blaze fan all I can do is be envious at Shadow fans since I know Sega will never glaze her and she'll likely be just another crutch for a potential "Silver Generations" (similar to what happened to Rouge) yet the same Sega are so adamant at pushing the new "strong female" characters (Surge, Trip, Tangle, etc) while also "correcting" Amy they forgotten that Blaze already checked all the boxes without even trying to fit any "quota" shame really.
The expanded story plus Gohan Vs Goku were welcome additions tbf. Regardless if peeps think Beast Gohan is deserved it's satisfying the action follows the narrative (E.g the narrative says Gohan is on par with his dad and boom, they actually fight each other to show they are indeed comparable in power to each other, scaling aside it's nice when statements and feats match).

The expanded story plus Gohan Vs Goku were welcome additions tbf. Regardless if peeps think Beast Gohan is deserved it's satisfying the action follows the narrative (E.g the narrative says Gohan is on par with his dad and boom, they actually fight each other to show they are indeed comparable in power to each other, scaling aside it's nice when statements and feats match).
Tbh I don't really care if Beast is 'earned' or not, so long as it means that Gohan is finally locked in and is going to be relevant to the story in some capacity.

With Gohan having what most consider to be the best What If in Sparking Zero, I think the tracksuit era is finally truly behind us (though he did admirably in the TOP, as well).

At least Joker didn't raid Myriad Truths on Gio...

All true, at least Piccolo got a long deserved buff with Orange Piccolo to keep up with the Saiyans plus has nice scaling with Cell Max and Gamma 2 meanwhile Sega still refuses to allow Knuckles to go Super in the modern games, literally a "trusts me bro he is still comparable to Sonic and Shadow" statements guy.

Doesn't help Sega are afraid of giving permanent buffs to Sonic characters movesets after the backlash of putting the Wisps in subsequent games, so in classic over-correction manor they introduce a gimmick that's seemly one and done for the debut game (From Emerald powers in Superstars to Doom powers in Shadow Generations).
pretty much Piccolo got a buff plus statements from At confirming hes around goku tier of power
knux hasn't done shit to say he's comparable to current sonic at his peak

also doesn't help that piccolo is the smarter fighter of the two

pretty much Piccolo got a buff plus statements from At confirming hes around goku tier of power

I know they obviously couldn't have possibly seen it coming, but I'm happy DB never featured Piccolo up till now. Now he can hop in when he's at a whole new peak of power.

Who do they want for Josuke that isn't Yu?
Ichiban Kasuga (Yakuza)
https://meups.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon3.jpg.webp

Oh my god... that might actually be incredible.

My only reservation is the speed gap. Does LAD have high level speed scaling like that? I've played all the games, but I've never tried to scale them.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt he fought (alongside his friends) and kept up with a suppressed Majima so let's just say he's HyperSonic for the hell of it. As far as I know, IDK if Yakuza has speed metas.

Yeah...the sucky part is that Knuckles isn't as much of an idiot as Knuckles vs Donkey Kong portrayed him as being, dude's both a very skilled combatant and a decently smart fellow.

The issue is that Piccolo is not only way stronger based off DB's standards, but he's just an objectively smarter fighter as well. So if they clash, people are going to think that Knuckles is still some dumbass.

Tbh I don't really care if Beast is 'earned' or not, so long as it means that Gohan is finally locked in and is going to be relevant to the story in some capacity.

With Gohan having what most consider to be the best What If in Sparking Zero, I think the tracksuit era is finally truly behind us (though he did admirably in the TOP, as well).
Man, don't even get me started like I truly get Gohan not wanting to be a battle addict like his dad or even being a full time martial artist like Piccolo or Tien but that's not an excuse to let yourself become too weak to protect your family and kinda defeats the purpose of Gohan being a dad, if he relies on Goku for protection.

A studious, peaceful man that avoids violence but isn't afraid to throw major hands when diplomacy fails and will snap if you threaten his family is what Gohan should be (Hopefully Mark doesn't get fed to him tho).

Man, don't even get me started like I truly get Gohan not wanting to be a battle addict like his dad or even being a full time martial artist like Piccolo or Tien but that's not an excuse to let yourself become too weak to protect your family and kinda defeats the purpose of Gohan being a dad, if he relies on Goku for protection.

A studious, peaceful man that avoids violence but isn't afraid to throw major hands when diplomacy fails and will snap if you threaten his family is what Gohan should be (Hopefully Mark doesn't get fed to him tho).
Exactly yeah, you nailed what I was thinking. There's absolutely a middle-ground between being Goku and being deadweight, and I choose to believe that Gohan's finally found it.

Yeah...the sucky part is that Knuckles isn't as much of an idiot as Knuckles vs Donkey Kong portrayed him as being, dude's both a very skilled combatant and a decently smart fellow.

The issue is that Piccolo is not only way stronger based off DB's standards, but he's just an objectively smarter fighter as well. So if they clash, people are going to think that Knuckles is still some dumbass.
tbf i don't think it mainly due to DB Sega hasn't done knux justice in years the only time he did shit was in a movie and that version is far different than game canon
Exactly yeah, you nailed what I was thinking. There's absolutely a middle-ground between being Goku and being deadweight, and I choose to believe that Gohan's finally found it.
gohan being a familiy man was never an issue but the constant back n forth with it in super was dumb im happy superhero and after seems to end that shit once and for all

Knuckles punched Sonic out of Super Form easy 6D

Oh damn the crew wants this? I mean I'm impressed by the reach it gained, and Yakuza hype will help.
I genuinely hope this MU happens, I love both series a lot. I wonder how it plays out, though.

My initial reaction would be to say that Josuke wins, and I'm pretty sure he at least has a massive speed advantage, plus the fact that Kasuga can't see stands (though I personally choose to believe his weird delusions would allow him to - I mean that just for fun, just to be clear).

Again statements guy strikes again, game Knuckles is stated to be a martial arts master in multiple sources and in IDW Knux and Espio are said to be the two most skilled fighters, yet most of his best BIQ feats are funny enough in his debut game (S3&K):

*Uses homefield advantage to catch Super Sonic off guard (PiS feat but a feat nonetheless)
*Uses his knowledge of Angel Island to repeatedly get ahead of Sonic and Tails to set off traps
*After getting electrocuted by Eggman and realizing he is in no condition to fight, he uses the last of his stamina to show Sonic and Tails to Sky Sanctuary Zone to stop Eggman.
*Manages to overcome tougher versions of the boss mechs that Sonic and Tails fought (tho this is likely game mechanics).
*Timed his escape from Eggrobo's clutches perfectly which caused Mecha Sonic to destroy Eggrobo.
*Was able to defeat Super Mecha Sonic by exploiting the weaknesses of super form and timing his attacks.

Yup I agree with @Theuser789 better off using Archie Knux in DB tbh.

I genuinely hope this MU happens, I love both series a lot. I wonder how it plays out, though.

My initial reaction would be to say that Josuke wins, and I'm pretty sure he at least has a massive speed advantage, plus the fact that Kasuga can't see stands (though I personally choose to believe his weird delusions would allow him to - I mean that just for fun, just to be clear).
Ichiban should debatably be stronger and more durable with a variety of moves to use, hes really only massively outclassed in speed.

Well damn, now I'm pretty sure it flips in the other direction, right?

RIP, Pickle Man
Tbh I don't hear much about Xeno/Heroes Piccolo but it would just be a repeat of Silver Vs Trunks (arguably a bigger stomp since peak Archie Knuckles is more powerful than Archie Silver).

Archie Knux Vs Juggernaut is the actual pushed MU but considered all DC/Marvel heralds are pretty much default 1-A on DB these days well... you get the picture (the animation potential is more than enough reason for the MU tho, don't care who wins).

Back