• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

that too the reason were decent enough and folks came to an agreement that joker stomps in stats no matter what end
That's probably why they didn't get too into Giorno's stats, there's no point after what they said in Joker's analysis.

Also I feel like Giorno was respected, as well. Even if GER got negged, both the analysis and the animation portray it as the incredibly powerful ability that it is; Joker took it seriously, and I think that's pretty cool.

That's probably why they didn't get too into Giorno's stats, there's no point after what they said in Joker's analysis.

Also I feel like Giorno was respected, as well. Even if GER got negged, both the analysis and the animation portray it as the incredibly powerful ability that it is; Joker took it seriously, and I think that's pretty cool.
Not like scaling him to Diocard stats had any relevance as it was about GER in the end and why in the past years ago people had it as a draw cuz of GER being known as inconclusive king

This.

Crazy how when arguments are well explained, structured, and doesn't rely on complete contrivance that people generally accept outcomes.

Omnidock is still a generational fumble.
And just like that humanity is doomed (either tho neither Nolan nor Bardock are human). Honestly loving how memed on the Sundisk feat has become similar to Swank and "time... huh?"

image0.jpg

NextNext
Okay, that's somewhat reassuring. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't think there was a chance they would just scale it to 616 anyway, even if it ma

Same, Goku actually winning a fight would be nice to have. But I will not accept any form of Jump Force overhype, that trash game needs to die on every level, even as a VS argument
ryu whips out power ranger form for laughs

ryu whips out power ranger form for laughs
Look if Comp Ryu genuinely wins off of Power Rangers scaling (which tbf I know nothing about), then ya know what, cool, I could live with that. Good for him.

As long as it's either not a Marvel / DC high tier or someone who scales directly to them.

Look if Comp Ryu genuinely wins off of Power Rangers scaling (which tbf I know nothing about), then ya know what, cool, I could live with that. Good for him.

As long as it's either not a Marvel / DC high tier or someone who scales directly to them.
wat i seen all power ranger (death battle vids ) rangers are scale to each other cause all pull power from the same source

not much salt it seems
Honestly, feels like the entire internet left a collective sigh it didn't know it was holding once it realized the Giorno fans have been silenced
It almost like when the result isn't either total horse**** or poorly explained, most people are chill about it.
Can confirm, the Jojo subreddit and Twitter just shrugged and said “hard to believe GER lost, but I buy their reasoning, didn’t know Persona was like that” and the Persona/SMT community was popping off about their boy getting a dub and fraudchecking GER.

If this was 2018-2019 when the Golden Wind Anime just wrapped up and Persona 5 in Smash were fresh on everybody’s mind, it would’ve been a bloodbath. But it’s been 6 years since then

Can confirm, the Jojo subreddit and Twitter just shrugged and said “hard to believe GER lost, but I buy their reasoning, didn’t know Persona was like that” and the Persona/SMT community was popping off about their boy getting a dub and fraudchecking GER.

If this was 2018-2019 when the Golden Wind Anime just wrapped up and Persona 5 in Smash were fresh on everybody’s mind, it would’ve been a bloodbath. But it’s been 6 years since then
It's hard to deny when they provide like 10 different examples of Joker resisting things very similar things to GER. It's like, "Oh you don't buy that one? How about this one? Or this one? Or this one?", etc, etc. It's like that meme with Patrick and Spongebob.

Like the biggest complaint about the episode I’ve seen from JoJo fans is that Death Battle used EoH and used the “Araki wrote the story mode” mantra, which is technically misinformation/technically only half-true, but otherwise they buy Almighty bypassing GER.

It's hard to deny when they provide like 10 different examples of Joker resisting things very similar things to GER. It's like, "Oh you don't buy that one? How about this one? Or this one? Or this one?", etc, etc. It's like that meme with Patrick and Spongebob.
Like the biggest complaint about the episode I’ve seen from JoJo fans is that Death Battle used EoH and used the “Araki wrote the story mode” mantra, which is technically misinformation/technically only half-true, but otherwise they buy Almighty bypassing GER.
overall not much to complain about unlike the previous episode
Giorno a one-trick pony and if you take GER away what can he do lol

Giorno a one-trick pony and if you take GER away what can he do lol
I don't know if I'd say that, personally. He's a one trick pony against someone at Ren's level, sure. But against someone more comparable to his own normal stats, he absolutely has a bag he can draw on. It's why I think GER is bad for vs MUs. It's such a high level ability that once you reach the level of people who can resist it, the rest of Giorno's kit just becomes meaningless.

I think part of it is that GER was still given it's flowers in the fight. If Joker had just laughed it off and nuked him with an almighty attack as the research said that he could, I think people would absolutely be more salty about it. But no, instead Joker treated it as a serious threat, and the animation was better off for it.

Kinda crazy to me that it feels like Giorno, in an episode he had literally zero chance of winning, felt like he got more respect than some other DB combatants. At least in my opinion.

I guess that one Digimon guy from Cyber Sleuth could still reasonably stand a chance agienst Yu from Persona with the scaling they showed in the episode.
It's also nice cause it's one of the only Digimon matchups where the Digimon has the chance of loosing.

Last edited:
No I was suggesting Yusuke if he's MU for Josuke. Is he a good MU for Josuke?
oh, uh not as big of a stomp but that's comparing atomic bomb and a nuclear one to a coughing baby.

Yusuke still one shots in every respect, I think the only argument that could be made is "What if Josuke used his powers to fuse Yusuke into a book or something" but that's mainly just a speed thing.

I guess that one Digimon guy from Cyber Sleuth could still reasonably stand a chance agienst Yu from Persona with the scaling they showed in the episode.
It's also nice cause it's one of the only Digimon matchups where the Digimon has the chance of loosing.
I do wonder why that's one of Yu's most popular matches. Like I get the stock Personas/Digimon, but what about them as characters?

Even if Giorno's the easier pick amongst casuals, I'd argue there'd easily be more outrage if Joker lost. Because it could've more easily started wars amongst Jojo and Persona fans in that case.

I do wonder why that's one of Yu's most popular matches. Like I get the stock Personas/Digimon, but what about them as characters?
I think the most connection they have is the fact that they are investigating as leaders of a group...... though by that logic Raidou fits more because both are part of detective agencies.

Pretty sure it's more of a fight for the vibes rather than the characters having a laundry list of similarities

About the fight, I find it funny how Joker tried to shoot Giorno 4 different times, and every time it failed.
1. Shoots him then the bullets turn to bees
2. "Shoots" him but his perception screwed it up.
3. Shot the life snake and manage to shoot himself instead.
4. Once again tries to shoot Giorno but the bees from before come back to finally get rid of the gun.

Ok well, 5 times counting Sinful Shell. But I'm talking about his normal gun though.

About the fight, I find it funny how Joker tried to shoot Giorno 4 different times, and every time it failed.
4. Once again tries to shoot Giorno but the bees from before come back to finally get rid of the gun.
If we wanna be technical, Joker only shot his gun 4 times since the 2nd one never happened. This means Mista was right and the number 4 is cursed causing Giorno's death

Makes sense why he finally used the bullet that he knows will hit, I'd be pretty annoyed, too.

Also I don't know how, but I actually missed the damage reflection on the snake the first time I watched it, that was pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I think Joker had enduring soul on one of his Personas due to how he recovered fully when summoning Satanael.
I think he last used Jack Frost before he switched to Satanael, so it would have to be him (do we refer to Personas by gender?) that had it, right?. Unless I'm forgetting how Enduring Soul works.

Oh yeah, I think Joker had enduring soul on one of his Personas due to how he recovered fully when summoning Satanael.
No, actually there is a different reason for that (if he had enduring soul he would've just immediately resurrected after the KO)

During the Yaldaboath fight, once Giorno summons Satanael, the cast just start getting full party heals for free.

I think he last used Jack Frost before he switched to Satanael, so it would have to be him (do we refer to Personas by gender?) that had it, right?. Unless I'm forgetting how Enduring Soul works.
Personas do have genders, though many of them can vary if it's a generalized one like Jack Frosts as opposed to individual ones like Odin or more streamlined ones like Pixies

No, actually there is a different reason for that (if he had enduring soul he would've just immediately resurrected after the KO)

During the Yaldaboath fight, once Giorno summons Satanael, the cast just start getting full party heals for free.
Oh right, another reason why I'm replaying P5R. Forgot about that, cool it was included in the battle.

Back