• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

There's no proof that Joker resists GER, Giorno still wins, Giorno still wins.
Persona researchers listing the ways he could bypass GER be like:
spongebob-long-list.gif

Persona researchers listing the ways he could bypass GER be like:
spongebob-long-list.gif
Respect the hustle man, but I'm pretty sure it's JoJover, here. I guess we'll see really soon, though.
Points towards the 5 pieces of evidence used in the G1

Unironically, you could actually argue more points then they did, such as some compendium hax like the sisters of fate or cosmology stuff
JOHN SWAN SAVE ME, PLEASE SAVE ME JOHNY SWANK SAVE MEEEEEEE
iu

I don't know what blog yall were reading, but they outright list causality manipulation as not only a resistance but also a hax Joker has
Affecting a place with different laws of cause and effect doesn't grant you Causality manipulation. You have to control the concept of Cause and effect itself, not a place with different causality or else by that logic we'd give any reality warper Causality manipulation

Affecting a place with different laws of cause and effect doesn't grant you Causality manipulation. You have to control the concept of Cause and effect itself, not a place with different causality or else by that logic we'd give any reality warper Causality manipulation
Huh? They literally did do that lol. They do just manipulate normal causality and Maruki's entire thing is the fact that he's just rejecting past events. Hell these are things that are accepted by our standards lol

So genuine question here: would Joker beating Giorno cause any salt or rage from the casual audience?

Because, in my perspective: while GER and RTZ are treated as OP as **** abilities, Persona is one of those franchises where all sorts of crazy RPG shenanigans happen. So if Death Battle is able to properly, and professionally, explain how Joker is able to resist RTZ in the context of his own game then I don't see why people would bitch about Giorno losing.

So genuine question here: would Joker beating Giorno cause any salt or rage from the casual audience?

Because, in my perspective: while GER and RTZ are treated as OP as **** abilities, Persona is one of those franchises where all sorts of crazy RPG shenanigans happen. So if Death Battle is able to properly, and professionally, explain how Joker is able to resist RTZ in the context of his own game then I don't see why people would bitch about Giorno losing.
Extreme salt. Not Ben vs Hal but it will be salty.

Not in the slightest, assuming they present their arguments well. Most of the problems with the fight is lack of media literacy causing people to either overestimate Giorno or underestimate Joker.

Assuming they don't present arguments well, GOD NO, THERE WILL BE SALT

Ngl I think if they explain it right things shouldn't get too out of hand but who knows.

Joker after Giorno calls his father to bring out Jesus Christ.
a close up of a young man making a funny face with his eyes closed and pink lipstick on his lips .
Giorno and Dio when Joker pulls out Messiah: (I don't have any funny images, so insert funny meme here).

If Joker miraculously gets the win it'll probably cause as much salt as Diocard, but won't be as bad as Ben vs Hal or Nolan vs Bardock

...Unless I'm underestimating how wanked Giorno is. If he's as wanked as Alien X/Saitama it'll cause quite a bit of salt.
Giorno is very wanked and Persona being super strong isn't accepted by casuals and needs a lot of metaphysical babble that it's hard to explain and understand. There will be salt.

Giorno is extremely wanked and most people won't accept the skinny anime emo boy be infinitely stronger than Goku lol

Giorno is very wanked and Persona being super strong isn't accepted by casuals and needs a lot of metaphysical babble that it's hard to explain and understand. There will be salt.
100%. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I used to be a more casual Persona fan, and I can confirm that a lot of those fans have absolutely no clue how strong Joker is. At best, casual fans would probably just say that Joker is vaguely super-human to some degree.

Giorno is extremely wanked and most people won't accept the skinny anime emo boy be infinitely stronger than Goku lol
Hey to be fair to Giorno, if GER doesn't have to kill you to activate the Death Loop, than he also beats Goku. At least main Goku, anyway, I don't know Heroes has any weird **** that would change that.

What does it matter who wins or loses?

It's just a show on the internet, why do we put so much stake on who they deem the winner?

Folks here, why does it matter to YOU?

Back