• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

What does it matter who wins or loses?

It's just a show on the internet, why do we put so much stake on who they deem the winner?

Folks here, why does it matter to YOU?
Because I wanna be RIGHT

But for real, been arguing about GER specifically for years so Giorno losing would be highly cathartic for me. Beyond that it's just a normal love of both franchises as I have a long history with both of them and a high admiration for their styles.

But screw that, I'm the Lupin III guy now, I'm legally obligated to be biased here!

It's why more people talk about Xeno Goku than CC Goku, right? Unless Xeno is also Heroes and doesn't refer to Xenoverse?
Ok, so it's very weird.

So when most people say Xenoverse Goku, they refer to the Xenoverse games. Xenoverse 1, 2, and The Breakers are all under this umbrella.

What WE on the wiki refer to as Xenoverse Goku is this one from Dragon Ball Heroes who specifically uses SS4, however the casual viewing of Xenoverse Goku is closer to our CC Goku as in Xenoverse 2 our main Goku that's fighting canonically uses the God transformations and Ultra Instinct, following the DBS timeline.

If you want a 'which one is technically better to refer to', that depends entirely on perspective. I choose Xenoverse since it's not only far better known but while Heroes predates it by 5 years, the western audience were not aware of it until the Heroes anime came out in 2018. So if you want to have the most people know what you mean, Xenoverse, if you want the most correct definition, probably Heroes

reaction-to-accurate-joker-vs-giorno-result-v0-smoka4rib5xd1.png

For salt it overall depends how well DB goes about and given the nature of GER I doubt there going in half assing shit

If joker loses, outside vs community salt things would proceed as usual given GER REP and vague nature

Plus persona doesn't have a massive reputation in terms of vs power among normies

If Giorno loses I def expect salt on the casuals if the crew mainly fumbled the explanation but can see things be fine assuming they actually deliver on it

Overall it boils down to how DB goes about it

Death Battle fumbling an explanation? Nah, they would never.
I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to explain "Joker has resisted similar abilities at a much higher level, therefore he can resist GER" seeing as how they've had similar examples from other fights in the past.
Arguing joker resisting GER isn't impossible death battle has to just pick a very strong example from Joker side to be a good enough case of him being able to resist GER fuckery
Giorno is very wanked and Persona being super strong isn't accepted by casuals and needs a lot of metaphysical babble that it's hard to explain and understand. There will be salt.
Going on this agreed I don't think persona Cosmology super easy to explain without going metaphysical babble on it

Lets not undersell Giorno, here. He does have a lot of abilities (or at least a lot of creative applications for his primary ability). I mean, can Joker do the ear trick? I think not 😎

But in all seriousness, it's not that Giorno lacks abilities, it's just that Joker says "nah" to damn near all of them. There's levels to these things.

"Oh cool, you can turn a brick into a snake? I shot God in the face."

ngl these comments cooking
I feel like neither of these fanbases have power scaling brain and the average fan from either one would probably say that their verses is massively overrated.

Like as a JoJo fan myself I look at people claiming characters like kars have city or mountain level AP and I'm just here thinking he's funny bird man who can turn into different animals and has a really strong healing factor. Like the idea that Joseph is city block level is such nonsense to me having watched the entire series because he never does anything remotely like that Joseph is a silly trickster who uses his wit and hamon to outsmart his opponents he doesn't level building or city's that just doesn't happen. These guys can't fly or run at ftp speeds they had to take cars and planes to get to Egypt if they were as fast as some people scale them to be then they'd get their faster jogging.

It's one of those things where peoples high ball calculations are just totally inconsistent with the characters portrayal and the scale of the series.

I honestly don't know what's up with persona but given the situation I'm guessing it's a similar thing

It's much worse with Persona

If you only played the game and don't analyse it with powerscaling brain you'd put Joker at building or city level at most (and that's with a massive power up)

Whereas most of the powerscaling community puts him at universal and above.

It's kinda hilarious if you think about it

Back