• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Joker and Giorno when they realize they both have the overall goal of societal reform
cant-find-the-original-picture-of-this-goofy-kissing-so-i-v0-hl6dy243q1ga1.png

smh only Kars can do that

I forgot to mention Giorno's final and most legit win condition. Giorno became Dio in the Jorge Joestar light novel. As JJ had official artwork drawn by Araki and was endorsed by him, the light novel is 100000% canon. Since Giorno is now his own father and is technically Dio, it should stand to reason that Giorno should have Beyond guiding him in this fight.

Joker will suffer immense PIS and Giorno will win neg diff
It would be so funny if this is how Giorno wins I can't lie. Using THE most obscure feats imaginable, peak cinema.

There's something I've always been a little curious about with Persona lore. With the way cognition/the collective unconscious works (or at least how I understand it to work), could fictional characters manifest as shadows in the metaverse (or the TV World, or whatever version of it you prefer)? Or to take it a step further, could a fictional character be someone's Persona?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, Persona lore experts.

There's something I've always been a little curious about with Persona lore. With the way cognition/the collective unconscious works (or at least how I understand it to work), could fictional characters manifest as shadows in the metaverse (or the TV World, or whatever version of it you prefer)? Or to take it a step further, could a fictional character be someone's Persona?

So in theory yes, it's possible. For example, Joker's persona is Arsene, based on Arsene Lupine from the novels. If you want to be obtuse about it having gods and goddesses already is an example of this already happening for a 'fictional' character. So it's honestly not out of the realm of possibility for something like that to happen down the line.

inb4 Goku is Persona 7 Protag's Persona. Not Sun Wukong. Straight up actual Goku.

if Giorno does win what would be a good reasoning in your opinion
Within Diavolo's Time Erasure, all processes and events that would have occurred are erased and obliterated, with only the results remaining afterwards. i.e. causality itself is completely screwed during time erasure. Death Battle could then use this to say that resistance to causality manip isn't enough to resist RTZ as it still worked within time erasure despite causality being literally eradicated there.

They could then say the resistance and manipulation of fate isn't enough either to stop Giorno. RTZ could negate Epitaph's 100% fated vision and JoJoveller states that even if Epitaph predicts Giorno and GER's death, it won't ever come to pass. The sleeping slaves arc also talks about how 'fate is a sleeping slave' and that Giorno set it free. In interviews, Araki also states that challenging and overcoming fate was his biggest theme throughout part 5. Also, in part 6, Giorno was literally fated to be drawn to Pucci, since he's a son of Dio. And yet, he just... wasn't.

For what it's worth as well, Weiß Schwarz (Japanese card game) did a collaboration with the golden wind anime and for Giorno's final cards, he's referred to as being 'chosen by fate' in both of them. Use that how you wish

Use the same logic as the blog post to put RTZ at infinite speed and GER only needing to hit you to activate the death loop.

Finally, if Death Battle use a similar sort of scaling to the blog post (i.e. put Joker at 7D) then the High 1-C GER scale might actually be required. They just have to explain the TSRK novels as best they can, if they even know it exists, and try to argue how GER/RTZ would scale to the 10D cosmology introduced there (which can genuinely be possible and sound convincing abeit with a bit of wank).

That's as best a reasoning i think you're going to get for Giorno winning without DB downplaying Joker that much.
Put RTZ at infinite, Death loop only needs contact, RTZ bypasses fate and resistance to causality and fate. Argue at an high-end how RTZ could scale to High 1-C in a convincing manner if Joker is put at 6/7D or around that level. A bit of swank is required, but they can deffo make it sound reasonable enough.

I guess if they really go off the rails and use Jorge Joestar scaling, they could say how Giorno is Dio and have Beyond help Giorno because of it. But then they'll be straight up lying at that point

So in theory yes, it's possible. For example, Joker's persona is Arsene, based on Arsene Lupine from the novels. If you want to be obtuse about it having gods and goddesses already is an example of this already happening for a 'fictional' character. So it's honestly not out of the realm of possibility for something like that to happen down the line.

inb4 Goku is Persona 7 Protag's Persona. Not Sun Wukong. Straight up actual Goku.
I totally forgot what Arsene was based on, you're right.

Goku is a really funny example, though. Would Persona-ku scale higher / be stronger than actual Goku? 🤔

Goku is a really funny example, though. Would Persona-ku scale higher / be stronger than actual Goku? 🤔
Honestly I... I think it might be? Using the baseline dimensional scaling that a Persona would have would put it at like 7-D, then it would depend on what kind of foes Goku-sona fought. I don't really know Dragonball scaling all that much when it comes to how many dimensions they deal with even after all these episodes, so I don't know how that'd measure up.

Though I also think I might be lowballing OG Goku here, I'm not entirely certain.

Funny enough, we do technically have actual examples of this thanks to SMT having crossovers. (As for other in-universe fictional characters, Jack Frost is literally a Mascot character in Joker's world lol).

But uh yeah for anyone looking for BS composite characters look no further than Outerversal Guts, Outerversal Ainz, and Outerversal Ghost in the Shell for a few examples

Funny enough, we do technically have actual examples of this thanks to SMT having crossovers. (As for other in-universe fictional characters, Jack Frost is literally a Mascot character in Joker's world lol).

But uh yeah for anyone looking for BS composite characters look no further than Outerversal Guts, Outerversal Ainz, and Outerversal Ghost in the Shell for a few examples
You didn't even mention the biggest name:

Say, how does our favorite piece of giant, floating, screaming, laser-shooting geometry work as Outerversal? Wasn't it stated to have a specific dimensionality in its own canon?

....Ah.

"An entity strikingly similar to the Angel that attacked New Tokyo-III. It is a fake created by Jabo Kakuryu in order to rattle Shinji Ikari's heart.

Though normally appearing as a kind of crystalline octahedron, it will change shape and attack based on the situation. The original 6th Angel fought with the Evas and was destroyed by a positron cannon."

Oh well.

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, what happened there?
Basically, Fire Emblem has a problem of feats not meshing well with story.

Three Houses (the game Dimitri is from) has dragons tanking magic nukes and characters fighting and beating said dragons.

Same characters can be killed/severely wounded by getting shanked by a dagger by some randoms.

Does those characters actually do shit to warrant the Scaling or just typical shenanigans

Basically, Fire Emblem has a problem of feats not meshing well with story.

Three Houses (the game Dimitri is from) has dragons tanking magic nukes and characters fighting and beating said dragons.

Same characters can be killed/severely wounded by getting shanked by a dagger by some randoms.
Yeah its one of those cases where if you don't have power scaling Brain rot he doesn't impress you

I think it works well as an actual DB too just off that simple connection alone, plus the Ghostbusters fighting an actual Ghost on DB goes super hard
Does the most recent movie do anything for them? I'll be honest, I never saw it because I heard it was, uh, bad. I cant even remember the title and refuse to Google it.

Typical shenanigans, existing in SMT and being able to harm top tiers. Nothing special that I know of otherwise
I don’t know who paid you to lie, but I hope you understand that Motoko has no viable feats besides beating up demons so weak they don’t even have profiles, Guts best feat is beating up Tiamat, and Ainz is the only legitimate outer crossover that you listed.

Believe it or not: stepping into Shin Megami Tensei does not automatically make you boundless+++++++++++.

I don’t know who paid you to lie, but I hope you understand that Motoko has no viable feats besides beating up demons so weak they don’t even have profiles, Guts best feat is beating up Tiamat, and Ainz is the only legitimate outer crossover that you listed.

Believe it or not: stepping into Shin Megami Tensei does not automatically make you boundless+++++++++++.
Reminds me of people frothing at the mouth over outerversal madoka magica even though the characters were being made fodder by literal fodder demons.

There's also Alice, which is a mix of European folklore and elements from Alice in Wonderland. And not exactly a Persona, but you can recruit Dante from the Devil May Cry Series in SMTIII.
Hell, they don't even necessarily have to be fictional; Ryuji's Persona is Captain Kidd, based on a real Privateer. And Cleopatra is a recruitable demon in the more recent SMT games.

I imagine they mostly focus on Folklore / Mythology since it's public domain. Winnie the Pooh, Sherlock Holmes and Steamboat Willy for Persona 6

How does Persona and SMT connect wirh each other?

There's also Alice, which is a mix of European folklore and elements from Alice in Wonderland. And not exactly a Persona, but you can recruit Dante from the Devil May Cry Series in SMTIII.
Hell, they don't even necessarily have to be fictional; Ryuji's Persona is Captain Kidd, based on a real Privateer. And Cleopatra is a recruitable demon in the more recent SMT games.

I imagine they mostly focus on Folklore / Mythology since it's public domain. Winnie the Pooh, Sherlock Holmes and Steamboat Willy for Persona 6
Iirc, the version of Dante that appeared in SMT III was also the most powerful version of him on here for a long time. He might still be, I haven't checked in awhile.

I'm going to Alice.

Back