• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

How popular is Warhammer actually? I feel like I barely ever hear people talk about the characters. Like, I hear people talk about characters from other media and what they talk about sticks out more.
Warhammer has always had a very big niche (similar to DnD, SCP and WoD) tho not quite mainstream but still very popular among various circles, funny enough there's a store that deals exclusively with Warhammer merch and games not too far from where I live.

Oh yeah, there is another thing about 40k that makes it popular for vs match-ups, which is the fact that, for a while, it was a popular meme to talk about how 40k was the greatest sci-fi because it's so powerful, and beats all the other lame, conservative sci-fi like SW, ST, Halo, etc. It built up a reputation as "The Final Boss of Sci-fi." This meme has died out a bit after people began to drop stuff like The Culture, The Xeeleeverse, Gunbuster, Lensmann, etc. on it, and that made people be a bit more skeptical of its supposed ridiculous OP-ness. Now, you probably have an even number of people who want 40k to prove its superiority in a DB, and people who want it humbled.

Never doubt the odds! Master Chief for the win!!!!!
Doomguy's reaction after Halo Infinite 2 gives Master Chief a feat where he overpowers a sun-disk:
robert-downey-jr-rdj.gif

Just noticed that Ruby vs Maka is on the list of upcoming episodes. Last I heard of that MU (like seven years ago or so) it was a win for Maka; has anything changed since then? Wouldn't mind either one winning, tbh. Though somewhere deep in my cold heart, I admittedly still have a soft spot for Ruby.

Just noticed that Ruby vs Maka is on the list of upcoming episodes. Last I heard of that MU (like seven years ago or so) it was a win for Maka; has anything changed since then? Wouldn't mind either one winning, tbh. Though somewhere deep in my cold heart, I admittedly still have a soft spot for Ruby.
Nothing has changed. Ruby still gets rag-dolled with no-diff by Maka.

Doomguy's reaction after Halo Infinite 2 gives Master Chief a feat where he overpowers a sun-disk:
robert-downey-jr-rdj.gif
Nah... it'll be a black hole gravity hammer feat that transcends scaling frfr.
Nothing has changed. Ruby still gets rag-dolled with no-diff by Maka.
Iirc Ruby does get a few new feats post Volume 4/5. Idk how she compares to Maka tho.
Funny enough both received downgrades here but Maka still has clear AP/dura scaling and feats advantage while Ruby has the speed advantage. Going by DB standards and blogs I've seen, the stats will look something like this:

Ruby, Low 7-B to 7-B (down scaling from maiden storms) with FTL speed (lazer feats)
Vs
Maka, Low 6-B to 6-A (down scaling from pre-Kishin Crona effecting the Moon) with Rel likey SoL speed (scaling to BlackStar).

Ruby can stall with her semblance, speed and aura but eventually she'll run out of steam plus her silver eyes should be useless like Asta's anti-magic Vs Deku's quirks (however incredibly lenient verse equalization may cause a problem, which considering Omnidock is actually within the realm of possibility) meanwhile Maka only needs one clean hit to win.
Lesbians ftw.
Only because it's more marketable than Bi, seriously tho I'm pretty sure Blake at least goes both ways but I dropped RWBY years ago so I guess it doesn't matter in the long run.

Couldn't Ruby scale to Superman because of the DC crossover they had and Superman is outerversal and immeasurable speed (by Death Battle standards least), couldn't that allow Ruby to win over Maka?

Couldn't Ruby scale to Superman because of the DC crossover they had and Superman is outerversal and immeasurable speed (by Death Battle standards least), couldn't that allow Ruby to win over Maka?
Yeah no, using a DC crossover it's not gonna fly in the both the causal or Vs communities and after Omnidock it'll do DBs credibility zero favours.
I'm just gonna envoke Omniman vs Bardock in that Death Battle will pull a Sun Disk for RWBY to have Ruby win, we all know Ruby shouldn't scale to planetary but if anyone anywhere on the web could pull that off it's Death Battle (and maybe tiktok), an the FTL arguments for Ruby go without saying.
Ruby gets both BB and SMT scaling via Cross-tag which actually ties in nicely into the core material unlike the DC crossover.

I just hope they give and represent Ruby (and Maka) with respect and dignity an not like Weiss vs Mitsuru is the minimum, but I have a feeling it's gonna be more like Deku vs Asta and I know I'm not gonna like that cause I didn't like that episode either lol.

Okay putting my pessimism aside for a moment, they've had like a decade with this episode baking in the oven. Can't imagine how many script rewrites they must've gone through over the years to get it right. An Goku vs Superman 3 does give me some hope for it, though that was a clear passion project by Ben.

I just hope they give and represent Ruby (and Maka) with respect and dignity an not like Weiss vs Mitsuru is the minimum, but I have a feeling it's gonna be more like Deku vs Asta and I know I'm not gonna like that cause I didn't like that episode either lol.

Okay putting my pessimism aside for a moment, they've had like a decade with this episode baking in the oven. Can't imagine how many script rewrites they must've gone through over the years to get it right. An Goku vs Superman 3 does give me some hope for it, though that was a clear passion project by Ben.
This makes me wish that Weekly was here to argue that RWBY is canon to DC Comics and that Ruby scales to Prime Earth Superman so that he can say Ruby stomps Maka. Nevertheless, life is cruel and we can't get what we want.

Yeah I'm not going to lie: Ruby vs Maka is one of those DBs where I can realistically see Ruby and Maka acting real friendly towards each other and bonding over their desire to protect their worlds from the monsters that plague it. So it'd be nice to see them having a friendly match ala Goku vs Superman 3 instead of the norm, you know?

This makes me wish that Weekly was here to argue that RWBY is canon to DC Comics and that Ruby scales to Prime Earth Superman so that he can say Ruby stomps Maka. Nevertheless, life is cruel and we can't get what we want.
Weekly... I'm only a lurker here, but I vaguely remember that name. Last I saw them, I think they were arguing really hard for Bayonetta buffs / DMC downgrades. If we're talking about the same person, what happened to them?

Weekly... I'm only a lurker here, but I vaguely remember that name. Last I saw them, I think they were arguing really hard for Bayonetta buffs / DMC downgrades. If we're talking about the same person, what happened to them?
I always keep forgetting all the specific reasons why Weekly got banned, but one of them was him trying to bribe some members with real life money for dubious calcs or something IIRC

I always keep forgetting all the specific reasons why Weekly got banned, but one of them was him trying to bribe some members with real life money for dubious calcs or something IIRC
Wow, okay that's pretty bad. From what I remember of him though, that about lines up. He always seemed to be a bit more... adamant about his positions on things.

I don't mean to dig up old drama though, I was just curious.

Weekly, give me 1 quadrillion dollars and I'll scale Ruby to high outer-boundless with my totally legitimate PhD in theoretical physics and mathematics.

I wonder which fights they're gonna choose to be in the 2025 season and which we'll have to wait until 2026. Obviously they won't just use all of the most wanted matchups all at once but I do wonder how long we'd have to wait for something like Gru vs Megamind considering each of those matchup goals also included one unknown fight alongside the announced ones.

I wonder which fights they're gonna choose to be in the 2025 season and which we'll have to wait until 2026. Obviously they won't just use all of the most wanted matchups all at once but I do wonder how long we'd have to wait for something like Gru vs Megamind considering each of those matchup goals also included one unknown fight alongside the announced ones.
I hope we don't have to wait too long for Gru vs Megamind. Need some good Megamind content to drown out the ******* the character's been served with, year.

Something something Dehydration Gun.

Back