• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I heard rumors from a friend that Ultra bought SMT scaling, but I have my doubts on the legitimacy of that.
how-strong-is-joker-without-a-persona-v0-bbvx3dlmog6d1.jpeg

This guys is soloing all your fav verses

So something I've been wondering on the Giorno side of that I'm hoping someone more Jojo-knowledgeable can help answer:

Does GER need to perceive/react the attack to RTZ it?

I'm wondering because if their research determines that Joker's speed gap is vast enough, could he overwhelm Giorno with his wide range of attacks or just attacks in general to prevent RTZ from going off. I know GER has its own sentience aside from Giorno's and reacted to Diavolo in the King Crimson time-thing, but it's something I've wondered.

Like I know the animation itself is not going to have Joker speedblitz Giorno in the beginning with no way to react, and we'll probably get a few RTZs of some of Joker's attacks, but in their analysis they do the whole 'who can win the most what-if more often than not' when everything is said and done. Definitely not trying to downplay Giorno here either because dude is totally impressive in his own right, but having his one ability be the deciding factor for this whole debate is a very flimsy place to begin arguing out of. It still is a very good ability though.

So something I've been wondering on the Giorno side of that I'm hoping someone more Jojo-knowledgeable can help answer:

Does GER need to perceive/react the attack to RTZ it?

I'm wondering because if their research determines that Joker's speed gap is vast enough, could he overwhelm Giorno with his wide range of attacks or just attacks in general to prevent RTZ from going off. I know GER has its own sentience aside from Giorno's and reacted to Diavolo in the King Crimson time-thing, but it's something I've wondered.

Like I know the animation itself is not going to have Joker speedblitz Giorno in the beginning with no way to react, and we'll probably get a few RTZs of some of Joker's attacks, but in their analysis they do the whole 'who can win the most what-if more often than not' when everything is said and done. Definitely not trying to downplay Giorno here either because dude is totally impressive in his own right, but having his one ability be the deciding factor for this whole debate is a very flimsy place to begin arguing out of. It still is a very good ability though.
I’m pretty sure RTZ is passive

I don't think it matters that much; they just much rather watch the animations than engage in a debate. You can't make someone care about something they don't; they aren't required to discuss why something is wrong, especially in something as subjective like VS debates. The debate/calcs may be one of the appeals, but it doesn't compare to the animation portion everyone comes to the video for. People just enjoy watching familiar characters they know in exciting battles far more than how many terashits per megafart an explosion is worth.
You and I both know that isn't the actual reason. Picking apart the result and research is picking a fight with the DB Fanbase.

Also omnidock being not 2 million yet is due to the wait or result? Opinions?
They've been gone for 9 months so probably the wait.
Adding to this

Invincible popularity is in a doormant state due to how season 2 was handled by Amazon with the whole break and splitting the season as well certain moments not living up the comics (Omni Man and Invincible vs the Viltrumites) and being less interesting than season 1

Season 3 should bring things back assuming they don't drop the ball on the invincible war and Mark vs Conquest

Results may play apart but I need a remind how did Frieza vs Megatron and Goku vs Superman 3 did after a week

I read the story awhile back especially that ******* scene and it is amazing how many idiots be asking when the Anissa shit gonna happen.

Like bruh that shit ain't gonna happen for awhile so keep it in ya pants
Wait, people actually are anticipating that scene? That scene is horrifying. Put me off ever reading the comic book.

I read the story awhile back especially that ******* scene and it is amazing how many idiots be asking when the Anissa shit gonna happen.

Like bruh that shit ain't gonna happen for awhile so keep it in ya pants
People are so ******* weird about that scene man, it's annoying.

"Heh heh, I can't wait to see how Amazon is gonna handle that scene heh heh. The casuals aren't ready for this."

Like bro shut your gooner *** up. It is what it is, stop blowing it out of proportion (not referring to you, obviously).

I think he is referring to this:

If that's it, then this discussion is pointless. That scene is not a flashback, it is Mark's internal visualization of a scene from one of Nolan's books. While based on the actual Infinity Ray, the story in question (unless I'm missing future context that explains this is an event Omni-Man witnessed or was told about by Space Racer) is based on the stories Nolan has heard about that Infinity Ray, not something that actually occurred. The next scene that Nolan wrote about shows his self-insert traversing a planet and being attacked by aliens called rognarr. This is alluding to a previous viltrumite encounter with them. However, while it can be inferred that the rognarr can kill viltrumites, the scene itself is not a one-to-one visualization of what happened, instead again being a depiction of what occurred in Nolan's book.

I've remained silent on my thoughts about Omni-Man vs Bardock, mostly because I've been playing keep up with the thread, but also because I've been waiting to see how things played out amongst the community regarding the sun disk feat. This wouldn't be the first time Death Battle brought something new to the table that the community overlooked, Beerus vs Sailor Galaxia for example. This sun disk feat has been getting absolutely blasted though, so seems like no such luck in this case. There have been some defenders, and honestly I'd be open to star level Omni-Man. There was even a calc awhile back that showed some promise (found it).

However, this just doesn't work. Because this isn't something that happened (ignoring that none of this happened, it's fiction), this is from a book written by Omni-Man about something he's heard legends of, visualized by Mark's narration. It is a fictional book, recounting a story the writer heard, being recounted by the writer's son.....hardly the basis for a clear-cut feat. I'm open to being wrong, but unless I'm missing some more context then this argument doesn't help back the sun disk. I didn't even need to bring up the nonsense of crosscaling from comic to tv.

I'm open to being wrong, maybe I missed something, but with what I'm seeing this looks like a bust.

Omni-Man vs Bardock was a 7/10 for me. Fun fight, fire music, fine breakdown, ****** up analysis.

You know, I get that the Pokémon leaks are shocking and all, but I actually don't mind them and I think the themes and story they portray are fine, good even. Grim mythology stories like those should be in more series because they're cool. I know I've made jokes and all because frankly, it's funny to joke about a Pokémon being the next EDP, really funny, but those stories mention those topics in a really tasteful way, like, there's no sexualization at all. It's just a bland description of what happens that doesn't go into details that make the subjects it portrays exploitative. They remind me a lot of real world mythology and folklore, which tends to have such serious, grim themes into their stories and how they sound like cautionary tales.

Back