• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Omni-Man vs Bardock was a 7/10 for me.
I'm feeling about the same, personally. Three things stood out, to me:
  1. The scaling was wack (discussed to death, no need to elaborate).
  2. The animation was good, but definitely not Devil Artemis' best work, in my opinion. No offense to him, though.
  3. Bardock's voice didn't really work for me. Tom Schalk killed it as Omni-Man, though.

I don't think that scene was Mark's imagination, as the narration doesn't line up with it. I think that was just for the benefit of us, the viewer.
Whether or not it's literally Mark's imagination (my mistake for stressing that, as if the scenes were literally depicted inside thought bubbles), it doesn't take away from the fact that it's a story book. Nolan against the Rognarr is for the benefit of the viewer as well, but it doesn't depict him as a viltrumite warrior, it shows him as the character on the cover of the fictional piece of literature Mark is holding.

You know, I get that the Pokémon leaks are shocking and all, but I actually don't mind them and I think the themes and story they portray are fine, good even. Grim mythology stories like those should be in more series because they're cool. I know I've made jokes and all because frankly, it's funny to joke about a Pokémon being the next EDP, really funny, but those stories mention those topics in a really tasteful way, like, there's no sexualization at all. It's just a bland description of what happens that doesn't go into details that make the subjects it portrays exploitative. They remind me a lot of real world mythology and folklore, which tends to have such serious, grim themes into their stories and how they sound like cautionary tales.
I just find the thing funny for memes

I'm feeling about the same, personally. Three things stood out, to me:
  1. The scaling was wack (discussed to death, no need to elaborate).
  2. The animation was good, but definitely not Devil Artemis' best work, in my opinion. No offense to him, though.
  3. Bardock's voice didn't really work for me. Tom Schalk killed it as Omni-Man, though.
Pretty much my thoughts
I'm wavering which is better between Omnidock and Friezatron, initially this week I was definitely leaning towards the latter..but after watching Frostathan's S10 death battle ranking I'm not so sure now.
both are solid fights that have some pros and cons to them I feel friezatron edges out given overall Bardock after going ssj just didn't do much beyond dominating Omni Man then just die after getting his arm blown out and kinda felt he just gave up which didn't felt right given how it was done in the storyboard and who he is
Not to say Frieza going black and getting half his body rekt taken out and just finishing off mega is so much better I say that's due to how it was paced that's a issue but I felt it the structure much better

I don't wanna dunk on anyone's opinion, but I don't see how Frieza vs Megatron doesn't just clear Omni-Man was Bardock in every way. I could maybe see a case for the music being better, but that's it IMO. Megatron's monologue when he was distracting/goading Frieza is the best part of either of these episodes
Yeah, It's definitely in my top 5 Dragon Ball episodes and possibly top 3. An it was DA's first DB animation in blender and it looks absolutely stunning companied with eargasming SFX. Only thing holding it back for me is some stuff that was cut from the storyboards which I wished they kepted in the final product.

But it's for sure the new Hulk vs Broly 2 for being a Dragon Ball episode I just find myself going back too, Frieza is also one of my favourite DBZ villains so listening to his analysis is a treat.

I think the reason why people are anticipating the Anissa scene is due to the fact that male SA is never taken seriously by media. The Boys Season 4 being the most recent popular example.
Myeah unfortunately if roles arent swapped in these sort of scenarios, they wont be bothered, females get more attention then males when it comes to sensitive topics

Like males can be made for fan service, but not females, if a shota in animanga is teased by older girls its not infuriating like a loli teases by older boys or you cant do stuff like "shut up you are a woman" but the opposite isnt as crazy or that men cant cry and have a rough life to struggle comparable to a woman in these sort of stuff

You would think after females were given equal rights it would be equality in medias of about all sorts

Yeah, It's definitely in my top 5 Dragon Ball episodes and possibly top 3. An it was DA's first DB animation in blender and it looks absolutely stunning companied with eargasming SFX. Only thing holding it back for me is some stuff that was cut from the storyboards which I wished they kepted in the final product.

But it's for sure the new Hulk vs Broly 2 for being a Dragon Ball episode I just find myself going back too, Frieza is also one of my favourite DBZ villains so listening to his analysis is a treat.
I'd be interested to see those storyboards, if you have a link.

But yeah, I think both characters were handled perfectly, there. The dialogue exchanges felt very in-character, the choreography was way better than I thought it would be given the size difference (not to mention the more creative parts, like when Frieza pulled Cybertron closer with telekinesis), and overall the little 'story' the episode had played out wonderfully. Megatron is, in my opinion, one of the most well-handled characters ever featured on DB.

That's why, even though I don't hate Omni-Man vs Bardock, I think Frieza vs Megatron is substantially better. But no actually you see, I tricked you, I secretly just like it more because the Dragon Ball character won and I'm a huge fanboy :geek:

Myeah unfortunately if roles arent swapped in these sort of scenarios, they wont be bothered, females get more attention then males when it comes to sensitive topics
I'd love to go on a rant about how all this is down to the fact our society destroyed almost all the rules of propriety that governed interactions between men and women, and is now being forced to haphazardly pick up the pieces, but that's controversial and off-topic, so I won't.

Instead, someone tell about this "SMT scaling" I keep hearing so much about.

I'd love to go on a rant about how all this is down to the fact our society destroyed almost all the rules of propriety that governed interactions between men and women, and is now being forced to haphazardly pick up the pieces, but that's controversial and off-topic, so I won't.

Instead, someone tell about this "SMT scaling" I keep hearing so much about.
Well you see, when you have over 30 years of series involving concepts such as jungian stuff and religion, you end up building a cosmology that's ******* cracked

Okay, yeah I see the difference now. The part with Megatron's barrier makes a lot more sense, and Frieza fights in Golden for longer (there's a few other differences, but those are the two main ones I noticed). Wonder why those parts were cut.
I guess due to time restraints and Budget tho tbh the only thing I would've kept was the extended panic bubble and Frieza not noticing where Meg's was before getting shot into space

The rest eh can't say miss I don't like Megatron getting ragdolled by golden Frieza towards the end

Last edited:
@TMaakkonen permission to bonk?
Honestly we should slow it down and not use too much.

Oh ye, Omnilander is a MU non-VS folks created, it was going to be bigger than Bardock.

On JokerGER, you know, I always defaulted to think that DB will make Giorno have powers similar to Almighty skills, but if they dont do that, Joker could in theory nullify all forms of damage. Hell, infinite death loop requires a kill in the first place. Even if I have a hunch GER takes it, this could be a draw as well.

Honestly we should slow it down and not use too much.

Oh ye, Omnilander is a MU non-VS folks created, it was going to be bigger than Bardock.

On JokerGER, you know, I always defaulted to think that DB will make Giorno have powers similar to Almighty skills, but if they dont do that, Joker could in theory nullify all firms of damage. Hell, infinite death loop requires a kill in the first place. Even if I have a hunch GER takes it, this could be a draw as well.

Anime-Narukami wouldn't have a problem with his almighty reflecting Lucifer

The word you're looking for is "child", and its pedophilia on both fronts
To be clear, shota and loli don't mean child, it's a body type, not an age thing. A child by definition is someone who's underaged, some loli and shota aren't underaged, that's where the "500-year-old dragon/demon loli" meme comes from.

Presuming all of Death Battle's outcomes for Dragon Ball characters are correct (which I'm pretty sure they are most of the time), I wonder why it is that Saiyans always seem to lose their MUs (yeah Broly won his, but I've heard fairly convincing arguments that he shouldn't have), whereas non-Saiyans generally have a really great track record.

Presuming all of Death Battle's outcomes for Dragon Ball characters are correct (which I'm pretty sure they are most of the time), I wonder why it is that Saiyans always seem to lose their MUs (yeah Broly won his, but I've heard fairly convincing arguments that he shouldn't have), whereas non-Saiyans generally have a really great track record.
Saiyans fight mostly against comics, non-Saiyans dont. :V

On JokerGER, you know, I always defaulted to think that DB will make Giorno have powers similar to Almighty skills, but if they dont do that, Joker could in theory nullify all forms of damage. Hell, infinite death loop requires a kill in the first place. Even if I have a hunch GER takes it, this could be a draw as well.
The bio of the stand words it in a way that suggests one hit from it is all it needs for death loop

Given they took even Dio elbowing the road roller in manga with no Za Warudo assistance over its clarification canonically using his stand too in other stuff, let alone dio lasers in anime being extension of the scene in manga, i doubt they will look much deeper into these and say otherwise

Unless they really do a 180 they could take giorno and GER stuff to some insane levels at face value

How popular is Warhammer actually? I feel like I barely ever hear people talk about the characters. Like, I hear people talk about characters from other media and what they talk about sticks out more.

How popular is Warhammer actually? I feel like I barely ever hear people talk about the characters. Like, I hear people talk about characters from other media and what they talk about sticks out more.
It's kind of been trying to fill the void left by SW to a greater or lesser degree of success. Its popularity has been growing, but I don't know that GW, the owners, are equipped to deal with a franchise that matches SW in scale. I reckon they'll introduce some major ****-up somewhere along the road, and people will drift away.

It's kind of been trying to fill the void left by SW to a greater or lesser degree of success. Its popularity has been growing, but I don't know the GW, the owners, are equipped to deal with a franchise that matches SW in scale. I reckon they'll introduce some major ****-up somewhere along the road, and people will drift away.
I highly doubt you can **** up a franchise as badly as Star Wars did

Just do pointless fun rather than try to do pandering and you'll be fine

Back