• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Tiamat (Dungeons & Dragons) vs Nicol Bolas (Magic the Gathering)
Yep, I can see this being a full episode

Raditz (Dragon Ball) vs Terra (Mega Man)
Probably a DBX. I haven't heard much of a track record of Mega Man bosses having actual analysis potential.

Yu Narukami (Persona) vs Takumi Aiba (Digimon)
Rap battle. Tiering discrepancy from what I've seen at a glance seems a bit yikes.

Axe Cop vs Inferno Cop
Rap Battle FRA

Garnet (Steven Universe) vs White Chain (Kill Six Billion Demons)
dunno (literally who or what is Kill Six Billion Demons?)

God Emperor of Mankind vs God Emperor Doom

My OMNIPOTENT GOAT Doom needs to go 3 for 3 by obliterating the Fraud of Mankind
9348585-god-emperor-doom-vs-the-emperor-of-mankind-marvel-comics-vs-v0-fr2deanqtsga1.png
Doom should by all rights win, but I could see DB claiming that Big E can draw Doom into the warp where he has higher stats and win that way.

FF7 has basically this huge stream of magical energy that helps protect it.
Well, that "stream" is an alternate dimension that is the literal life force of the planet and everything on it (and apparently it can create and contain universes and timelines in FF7 Rebirth, but I can't confirm or deny that last part since I haven't played it yet).
the 8D is from scaling to the moon cell,which has a 8D barrier protecting it’s core
It's more like barrier cuts through 8D space, from what I remember.

Yeah, it was. But it also didn't help when Kuro the Artist decided to pit his Omnitrix in the race and try to debunk the episode, which didn't help matters.

I do miss those days...

Yeah, but not everyone is like us. If we get mad about the outcome, we take it on the chin and move on.

That's not the case with certain fan groups. Like even when Death Battle is right when a certain character loses, none of their fan bases take it well.

Case in point, the Ben 10 fan base still refuse to accept that Ben loses to Hal. Berserk fans were upset when Guts lost to Dimitri. Sonic fans were stewing when he lost to Mario at the time.

When you keep dealing with those types of people from time to time, you'd eventually just handwave it all and just try to move on
Now now, don't act like people here and other sites weren't baiting the Ben10 fans on, because they most definitely were

Anyway, I think most of Giorno's popular matchups suck. He has Ben 10's problem; for Ben, it's Alien X or bust and for Giorno, it's Golden Wind Requiem or bust.

At least Ben has a wide variety of Aliens with a ton of abilities and a wide-range of AP. For Giorno, he  needs Golden Wind Requiem in 99% of his fights, or he just dies.

It doesn't help that, in-canon, GWR's abilities are super vague, so it's really, really easy to "w*nk."

It also makes the "debate" really boring because it's just, "Can Giorno's opponent get past GWR? Yes? Then they win. No? Then (usually) the best Giorno can hope for is a tie." It's pretty lame.

(It doesn't help that Giorno is my least favorite JoJo protagonist).

Anyway, I think most of Giorno's popular matchups suck. He has Ben 10's problem; for Ben, it's Alien X or bust and for Giorno, it's Golden Wind Requiem or bust.

At least Ben has a wide variety of Aliens with a ton of abilities and a wide-range of AP. For Giorno, he  needs Golden Wind Requiem in 99% of his fights, or he just dies.

It doesn't help that, in-canon, GWR's abilities are super vague, so it's really, really easy to "w*nk."

It also makes the "debate" really boring because it's just, "Can Giorno's opponent get past GWR? Yes? Then they win. No? Then (usually) the best Giorno can hope for is a tie." It's pretty lame.

(It doesn't help that Giorno is my least favorite JoJo protagonist).
It’s weird seeing people use localized jojo names, ngl.

but yea I agree, it’s either Giorno stomps, or he gets stomped.

gonna post it here
We literally see the outward initial shockwave, so it's obviously meant to be the consequence of KV's attack. Furthermore, this doesn't line up with Vegeta's monologue, where he literally then explains his dad had absolutely no chance and was utterly one shotted. Vegeta also didn't think very highly of his father, stating KV's strength was paltry and that he already exceeded it quite clearly before the Saiyan Saga. He wouldn't be inflating KV's strength, but rather be intent on propping himself up instead, which he doesn't do. Instead, it's likely an accurate assessment. Obviously parts of the exposition ARE intended to be metaphorical. Frieza obviously isn't planetery in size, Teen Vegeta didn't magically appear as a phantasm, things like that, but there's no reason to assume the feat itself was fake when it was meant to establish the might of the Saiyans and how even then they were NOTHING to Frieza.

Also, it being a dreamlike/no nothing/not a memory sequence doesn't work at all, really, because the scene wouldn't make any sense UNLESS it was accurate. It's SUPPOSED to inform the viewer how strong and terrible the Saiyans are, how much more evil and powerful Frieza is, and how even the Saiyans last vestiges were nothing more than gnats against a brightly burning star. It being Vegeta cheering on his dad and not being accurate undermines the exposition we get alongside it and the clear narrative intent. (To me.)

An idiot from discord uses this to argue bardock isnt all that yet defend omniman and his shit, its amazing how some are so blindly licking them up
Wouldn't surprise if that's the same idiot
It's like me saying Devil Jin ******* up the earth surface was just an exaggeration in his ending despite how the scene was played and done

oh yeah btw I just finished Legend of Korra. Pretty good, and I got some potentially decent 'obscure'/minor MUs out of the deal.

Might re-watch Korra vs Storm, see what I recognise.
Stay tuned.

gabriel10sr-gabriel10sr-korra.gif

EDIT: now that I think about it, the statue of limitations has kinda run out on Korra herself. Never really thought about that for some reason.

Last edited:
oh yeah btw I just finished Legend of Korra. Pretty good, and I got some potentially decent 'obscure'/minor MUs out of the deal.

Might re-watch Korra vs Storm, see what I recognise.
Stay tuned.

gabriel10sr-gabriel10sr-korra.gif

EDIT: now that I think about it, the statue of limitations has kinda run out on Korra herself. Never really thought about that for some reason.
I hope they bring back Korra for Delsin Rowe.

Back