• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I've actually seen some power scalers argue against Joker resisting GER. I don't think I agree with them, but the argument exists. So I think it'd be a fairly small outcry if Giorno won.

Speaking of, if they (DB) do say that Joker can't resist GER, how would they have Giorno actually kill him? Joker would still massively out-stat him, so would he even be able to actually hurt him?
Aging Joker to death by injecting life into him is the possibility I see the most, since it's a thing he's done once (though I'm curious if Persona-users even age in the Metaverse).
They could argue it's similar to life-related Almighty skills to bypass things like Omnipotent Orb and Null/Drain/Repel Phys skills. Otherwise, Giorno doesn't have a lot of options, which is why there're also people who think it would be a stalemate.

Aging Joker to death by injecting life into him is the possibility I see the most, since it's a thing he's done once (though I'm curious if Persona-users even age in the Metaverse).
They could argue it's similar to life-related Almighty skills to bypass things like Omnipotent Orb and Null/Drain/Repel Phys skills. Otherwise, Giorno doesn't have a lot of options, which is why there're also people who think it would be a stalemate.
They can be aged with powers but heal spells undo that as shown in the P4 anime

They can be aged with powers but heal spells undo that as shown in the P4 anime
Yeah I feel like this is just another thing Joker has plenty of answers to with the various skills and items in P5 and other associated games. There's also the whole thing of Giorno having to actually hit Joker for most of the stuff to work. Obviously they're not going to have Joker never get hit by a single muda-muda in the fight animation but I feel like the speed gap here works really hard against most of Giorno's wincons against him.

I've actually seen some power scalers argue against Joker resisting GER. I don't think I agree with them, but the argument exists. So I think it'd be a fairly small outcry if Giorno won.

Speaking of, if they (DB) do say that Joker can't resist GER, how would they have Giorno actually kill him? Joker would still massively out-stat him, so would he even be able to actually hurt him?
Thanks to GER being quite vague and for Araki constantly wanking GER in guidebooks, there's actually quite a few ways they could go about this:
  • Say that the infinite death loop only requires GER to punch you, not kill you, thus completely bypassing Joker's dura
  • Use the funny age manipulation to age Joker to death
  • Cap Joker at Universal (or less) and use GER's 'None' stats to get GER to (or above) that level. Since they are listed as 'None' because can't be measured using stand stats (which go up to infinity) and can't be compared to any other stand, as well as the fact it is stated in multiple sources that GER exceeds all existing stands in attack output and is hence called 'The Ultimate Stand', Death Battle could argue that GER would be the one out-stating Joker.
  • Since Joker is powered by Willpower, GER reverting his willpower to zero would render Joker powerless and GER could beat him to death
  • Death Battle could argue GER nullifying all of Joker's abilities could result in the same outcome
  • Use Stardust Shooters statements of GER being able to 'reset defense to zero' to have GER null Joker's dura and one-tap him (99% chance death battle has no idea this statement exists and it's dubiously canon at best)
  • Go completely batshit insane and use the schizo High 1-C scaling for GER (100% death battle doesn't know about this as this comes from obscure TSRK short stories)
  • If they start the battle outside the metaverse, they could have GER revert Joker back to before the battle started and outside the metaverse. Then have GER beat up a defenseless highschool boy
Yeah there are definitely a few ways they could argue (wank) GER to beat up The Jonkler

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure why, but I've got a feeling that they're probably not gonna scale Joker to same level he's at, here.

It's part of why I'm more interested in seeing Joker's preview than Giorno's; unless you're one of those 'GER has infinite stats' supporters, Giorno's scaling is pretty cut and dry.

Use Stardust Shooters statements of GER being to 'reset defense to zero' to have GER null Joker's dura and one-tap him (99% chance death battle has no idea this statement exists and it's dubiously canon at best)
Oh my god, I've heard about that! There's no shot they use that, but it'd be so funny if they did. Imagine the "GER one hits anyone???" threads.

Thanks to GER being quite vague and for Araki constantly wanking GER in guidebooks, there's actually quite a few ways they could go about this:
  • Say that the infinite death loop only requires GER to punch you, not kill you, thus completely bypassing Joker's dura
  • Cap Joker at Universal (or less) and use GER's 'None' stats to get GER to (or above) that level. Since they are listed as 'None' because can't be measured using stand stats (which go up to infinity) and can't be compared to any other stand, as well as the fact it is stated in multiple sources that GER exceeds all existing stands in attack output and is hence called 'The Ultimate Stand', Death Battle could argue that GER would be the one out-stating Joker.
  • Since Joker is powered by Willpower, GER reverting his willpower to zero would render Joker powerless and GER could beat him to death
  • Death Battle could argue GER nullifying all of Joker's abilities could result in the same outcome
  • Use Stardust Shooters statements of GER being to 'reset defense to zero' to have GER null Joker's dura and one-tap him (99% chance death battle has no idea this statement exists and it's dubiously canon at best)
  • Go completely batshit insane and use the schizo High 1-C scaling for GER (100% death battle doesn't know about this as this comes from obscure TSRK short stories)
  • If they start the battle outside the metaverse, they could have GER revert Joker back to before the battle started and outside the metaverse. Then have GER beat up a defenseless highschool boy
Yeah there are definitely a few ways they could argue (wank) GER to beat up The Jonkler
I personally don't by the "GER setting Joker's Willpower to 0" argument because even Diavolo was still able to fight back and summon his Stand after getting barraged a few times. Stands work on the same willpower-based arguments so it'd be pretty crazy to argue Joker has less willpower than Diavolo.

Also Joker's willpower was able to overpower Yaldaboath's own power of erasing him and the Phantom Thieves from the collective conscious of mankind. To say that GER is more powerful than an SMT deity is super insane. At least to me.

Yeah, it was. But it also didn't help when Kuro the Artist decided to pit his Omnitrix in the race and try to debunk the episode, which didn't help matters.

I do miss those days...

Yeah, but not everyone is like us. If we get mad about the outcome, we take it on the chin and move on.

That's not the case with certain fan groups. Like even when Death Battle is right when a certain character loses, none of their fan bases take it well.

Case in point, the Ben 10 fan base still refuse to accept that Ben loses to Hal. Berserk fans were upset when Guts lost to Dimitri. Sonic fans were stewing when he lost to Mario at the time.

When you keep dealing with those types of people from time to time, you'd eventually just handwave it all and just try to move on
Interesting coming from this Wiki since Hal is rated as Low Multiversal while Ben is rated as hyperversal on vswiki. So it seems death battle was incorrect.

z9815w2po5ud1.jpeg
0a27q7bhc7ud1.png

I personally don't by the "GER setting Joker's Willpower to 0" argument because even Diavolo was still able to fight back and summon his Stand after getting barraged a few times. Stands work on the same willpower-based arguments so it'd be pretty crazy to argue Joker has less willpower than Diavolo.
Yeah that's why we have the note on Giorno's profile saying that whilst there are multiple canon statements that GER can revert willpower to zero, he never seemingly used it in canon so don't use it on matchups here. They could argue GER reverting Pucci's willpower in Jorge Joestar where GER made it so Pucci was no longer even able to want to fight back, but that's non canon.
Also Joker's willpower was able to overpower Yaldaboath's own power of erasing him and the Phantom Thieves from the collective conscious of mankind. To say that GER is more powerful than an SMT deity is super insane. At least to me.
To be fair, GER was able to restore a completely erased space-time back into existence on a universal scale, whilst both Giorno and GER were affected by it and subsequently not existing at that moment. If you ignore the SMT scaling, those two feats seem to be on a similar level.

Even more so if Kyle is allowed the Life Equation as well. Which should scale Kyle up to High Father and Darkseid level. If not directly below the Source. As seen by the Godhead and Future End run. Where the power was so much, he had to join with the Source, if he didn't split his power.
Isn't Kyle low multiversal on this website? And Simon is high complex multiversal so he should have this in the bag.

like again
"Omni-man being faster than Bardock and having better stamina would allow him to be a to wear n teat bardock over the course of battle by the time the latter is weaken he would be able to deliver the final blow"
while you can argue against it its not something hard to buy and something you can give credit as being possible in the fight
how the hell you picked the worst option of doing it☠️
The more I think about it, the more disappointed I feel

Most of r/Invincible disagrees with the result and thinks Death Battle oversold Omni-Man lol

Also no not quite. The argument is that a space gun that previously destroyed a star only destabilized Viltrum's core. Meaning they think Viltrum is tougher than stars. Since absolutely nothing suggests that Viltrum is some weird super planet that's somehow tougher than a star, I think it's simply an anti-feat for the space gun. Also the space gun explicitly one shots viltrumites so Omni-Man doesn't scale to it at all.
It's funny. I was on the Death Battle Discord server and saw some people argue as to why Nolan takes out Bardock, nevermind the sun disk feat

Isn't Kyle low multiversal on this website? And Simon is high complex multiversal so he should have this in the bag.
Tbf, Kyle should be SoG level if he has the Life Equation. But we don't give Kyle a LE key for reasons I don't know. I think peeps just forgot.

• Use Stardust Shooters statements of GER being able to 'reset defense to zero' to have GER null Joker's dura and one-tap him (99% chance death battle has no idea this statement exists and it's dubiously canon at best)
My GLORIOUS KING JOKER will stomp Jonkler because of these arguments, BELIEVE IT

Every time I see a tweet from this guy I dislike him more. If there are all these unknowns, maybe the feat should be discounted? Of course, everyone on this thread knows why he is doing it. Without Death Battle, Nemesis is nothing. He has completely attached himself to their channel (and he isn't even paid lmao), and if it ever - hopefully soon with how they are treating their fans - goes under, his YouTube Channel will as well.

Every time I see a tweet from this guy I dislike him more. If there are all these unknowns, maybe the feat should be discounted? Of course, everyone on this thread knows why he is doing it. Without Death Battle, Nemesis is nothing. He has completely attached himself to their channel (and he isn't even paid lmao), and if it ever - hopefully soon with how they are treating their fans - goes under, his YouTube Channel will as well.
Are you good man, It's still not that serious.

Are you good man, It's still not that serious.
His entire ******* channel is based on "Is Death Battle's Outcome & Research Valid?", now its "DADDY DEATH BATTLE LET ME GLAZE YOU UWU".
Obviously, you, I, and all of us on this thread know that DB in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter, but **** it man, I got a shit job and life. Let me vent.

God, please let Giorno win so losers can get even madder at DB.........................

Back