• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

My omnipotent goat Giorno will solo that fraud from that series full of fans that don't play the game and only watch game walkthroughs. 🥱 🥱 (I might look like a hypocrite saying this with a Touhou PFP)

2 DAYS UNTIL EVERYONE SEES GIORNO'S MIGHTY POWER
persona fans fr fr

qtipiti6t1oa1.png

Man I really need to watch JoJo's one day cause this is the type of silly stuff I love to see.
This isn't actually a thing that happened, it's just a joke people were making back when the Part 5 anime was coming out.

I highly recommend it though, it's a fun watch. I remember watching the first three parts with my grandparents, and we all had a great time.

I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, but I wonder how more casual Persona fans are looking at this match. Because speaking as someone who used to be / hung around with people who were in that side of the fandom, they don't really get how strong Joker actually is. I remember being stunned when I found out that he's actually, like, Outerversal lol.

Last edited:
I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, but I wonder how more casual Persona fans are looking at this match. Because speaking as someone who used to be / hung around with people who were in that side of the fandom, they don't really get how stronger Joker actually is. I remember being stunned when I found out that he's actually, like, Outerversal lol.
casual p5 stans too busy gooning to find out Joker is some uber destroying god

I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, but I wonder how more casual Persona fans are looking at this match. Because speaking as someone who used to be / hung around with people who were in that side of the fandom, they don't really get how stronger Joker actually is. I remember being stunned when I found out that he's actually, like, Outerversal lol.
There’s a lot of dissent in the fandom about this, iirc.

Some people think the scaling for SMT is fine,but persona should not scale, as there are too many differences.(for that I raise you SMT IF and P1, they are clearly connected)

And some who just think the entire scaling is wank (the scaling is fine for SMT imo)

Some people think the scaling for SMT is fine,but persona should not scale, as there are too many differences.(for that I raise you SMT IF and P1, they are clearly connected)
pretty sure iirc persona 1-2 scaling to smt is fine to many it afterwards is the issue but i ain't into that debate nor does it matter here

pretty sure iirc persona 1-2 scaling to smt is fine to many it afterwards is the issue but i ain't into that debate nor does it matter here
I'm just going to say it, the people who think otherwise just don't understand that the "Newsona" games are still connected to the "Oldsona" games. Those old characters are still brought up if you watch the TV in Iwotodai dorm. They still scale no matter what.

I mean I wasn't supporting the idea that that would work, I just didn't know that was a thing he could even do. The only Age Manip. ability I remember from Part 5 belongs to Prosciutto.
Yeah, I'm just bringing that up.

Honestly, what's even the point of using regular Gold Experience? It's so weak in comparison to Joker's Arsene, it's not even a high tier in JoJo. How is that even going to play out until Giorno inevitably pulls out GER.

Yeah, I'm just bringing that up.

Honestly, what's even the point of using regular Gold Experience? It's so weak in comparison to Joker's Arsene, it's not even a high tier in JoJo. How is that even going to play out until Giorno inevitably pulls out GER.
I've personally always thought that Giorno's MU's just aren't very good. His abilities aren't bad necessarily, but they're ineffective against most of the people he gets put up against in VS fights, and then it just comes down to, "do they resist GER? If yes, Giorno L, if no, womp womp."

The most interesting thing you'll ever get out of a GER MU is a stalemate.

I mean

Digital Devil Database: We've read about some references in the game to older Persona titles (specifically through a computer game within Persona 3). Are there any other throwbacks to the older titles or any cameos? Beyond that, does this take place in the same general "universe" or is it completely new otherwise?

YN: There are things here and there that the fans of the series will recognize. And yes, Persona 3 takes place in the same universe as Persona and Persona 2.

Just an aside, but I've always wondered if Gold Experience could create animals that are extinct. Like, could Giorno make a dinosaur if he wanted to? My inner 5 year old has to know, because that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, but I wonder how more casual Persona fans are looking at this match. Because speaking as someone who used to be / hung around with people who were in that side of the fandom, they don't really get how strong Joker actually is. I remember being stunned when I found out that he's actually, like, Outerversal lol.
I checked some of the persona subreddits and tweets to see what they had to say about this and most of them are saying that Joker is going to get washed by GER

ah ok

On another note:
Idea - Give me an MU, and I'll tell you if I think it should be an official episode, a DBX, or a rap battle.

9NJY2iM.jpeg
Kira (Death Note) vs Yuma Kokohead (Raincode)
I finished watching Raincode (gameplays) and I want some action for its characters, although I see a rap battle between Joker (Persona 5) and Yuma (Raincode) as more feasible.

There is another specific character from Raincode that I would be interested in for versus, but that's already a spoiler, and spoiling mystery productz is one of the worst things you can do.

Last edited:
yeah i and @Theuser789 said this shit ain't gonna be some shitstorm if giorno wins
Yeah. It's only going to really be powerscalers who would be upset if that happens. Most casual viewers would look at it and go 'yeah that's fair' if Giorno wins since GER is renown for being insanely OP and undefeatable whereas Joker isn't really known for that type of stuff.

If Death Battle wants this to be the season of controversy, both Joker and Eggman should win their matches. Otherwise only Kratosura will get OmniDock's level of salt.

Yeah. It's only going to really be powerscalers who would be upset if that happens. Most casual viewers would look at it and go 'yeah that's fair' if Giorno wins since GER is renown for being insanely OP and undefeatable whereas Joker isn't really known for that type of stuff.
I've actually seen some power scalers argue against Joker resisting GER. I don't think I agree with them, but the argument exists. So I think it'd be a fairly small outcry if Giorno won.

Speaking of, if they (DB) do say that Joker can't resist GER, how would they have Giorno actually kill him? Joker would still massively out-stat him, so would he even be able to actually hurt him?

Unless I'm forgetting someone, the last Persona character they had on Death Battle was Mitsuru. And iirc, they scaled her to the explosion on the Moonlight Bridge.

Obviously things have probably changed since then, but I imagine people here would be upset if they scaled Joker similarly.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, the last Persona character they had on Death Battle was Mitsuru. And iirc, they scaled her to the explosion on the Moonlight Bridge.

Obviously things have probably changed since then, but I imagine people here would be upset if they scaled Joker similarly.
I fully believe they only scaled Mitsuru to that so that it wouldn't be an even bigger blowout for her fight against Weiss.

Kind of like how they didn't give The Doctor the highest of his stats against Rick. Not to mention Joker has the much more impressive 'Persona MC scaling' that gets them much higher due to being the player character.

Back