• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

There isnt
ah ok

On another note:
Idea - Give me an MU, and I'll tell you if I think it should be an official episode, a DBX, or a rap battle.

9NJY2iM.jpeg

Making the match a joke was a huge mistake after fans voted for it.
It felt more charming in my opinion. CoLex is an ass old matchup cemented in late 2000s and early 2010 feelings. I found it funny that Death Battle harkened back to that era with the analysis sections and the "It's time to end this debate once and for all" or something like that.

Anyways I think the Space Ray "only" destabilizing Planet Viltrum's core is more of a plot hole/anti-feat for the Space Ray than it is an indication that this planet is somehow inexplicably "tougher" than a star. This is like the "Universe Level Ice" meme people make about Dragon Ball but being used unironically. Also as other people have pointed out, since Space Ray canonically one shots viltrumites, this line of logic leads to a ridiculous circular scaling of Omni-Man < Space Ray < Planet Viltrum < Omni-Man.

Last edited:
I don't agree with the 4-C results, but the argument is, in fact, Infinity Ray > Viltrum > Stars, not necessarily Viltrum > Infinity Ray.
thats one of the arguments that falls apart thanks to ray > viltrumite. The one I saw that was proposed was infinity ray unable to destroy core > everything else in the series, essentially making the stable core the strongest thing in the verse bar the gun itself

Anyways I think the Space Ray "only" destabilizing Planet Viltrum's core is more of an plot hole/anti-feat for the Space Ray than it is indication that this planet is somehow inexplicably "tougher" than a star. This is like the "Universe Level Ice" meme people make about Dragon Ball but being used unironically. Also as other people have pointed out, since Space Ray canonically one shots viltrumites, this line of logic leads to a ridiculous circular scaling of Omni-Man < Space Ray < Planet Viltrum < Omni-Man.
it's not the planet in it's entirety, just the stable core thats > omni-man, omniman is > the unstable core thats the argument against the anti feat. I don't buy it cause as the other guy said, it clearly wasn't thought out like that

Why can't I just say that the star that the Space Ray destroyed was a "weak star" because it got destroyed by a beam that couldn't even fully destroy a planet? It's equally as nonsensical and not at all supported in the text as the idea of Viltrum being some super saiyan planet that's tougher than a star.

I'm fine with accepting that the Space Ray actually is Star Level (since it has a direct feat backing it up) and that it not fully destroying Viltrum was just an oversight on Kirkman's part. But trying to scale everything else to Star Level is just silly to me.

Why can't I just say that the star that the Space Ray destroyed was a "weak star" because it got destroyed by a beam that couldn't even fully destroy a planet? It's equally as nonsensical and not at all supported in the text as the idea of Viltrum being some super saiyan planet that's tougher than a star.
They used satellites and rings akin to like Saturn to say its more bigger then just Earth sized

How do y'all make Death Battle matchup thumbnail? Some characters I like have really shitty renders. Do y'all use those AI image upscalers to upscale the renders, or do y'all just pray that the render of your favorite character is big enough to look good in a thumbnail?

They used satellites and rings akin to like Saturn to say its more bigger then just Earth sized
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying at all. Saturn sized planets don't have "above star level toughness" either. I'm fine with them saying Viltrum is bigger than earth, but not with the idea that it's a "Star Level planet"

It felt more charming in my opinion. CoLex is an ass old matchup cemented in late 2000s and early 2010 feelings. I found it funny that Death Battle harkened back to that era with the analysis sections and the "It's time to end this debate once and for all" or something like that.
I felt they could've leant even further into that angle tbh. Maybe use the old "KO" and "Fight" effects or something.
ah ok

On another note:
Idea - Give me an MU, and I'll tell you if I think it should be an official episode, a DBX, or a rap battle.

9NJY2iM.jpeg
Wilfre (Drawn to Life) vs Dimentio (Paper Mario).

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying at all. Saturn sized planets don't have "above star level toughness" either. I'm fine with them saying Viltrum is bigger than earth, but not with the idea that it's a "Star Level planet"
I just pointed they made it seem a big ass planet from these

I'm fine with accepting that the Space Ray actually is Star Level (since it has a direct feat backing it up) and that it not fully destroying Viltrum was just an oversight on Kirkman's part. But trying to scale everything else to Star Level is just silly to me.
Idk why, this image always cracks me up
Robert Kirkman unironically thinks Mark beats Superman and the Hulk because he is more likely to let loose on the former and can fly circles around the latter, we shouldn’t be surprised that his own story’s internal powerscaling is a clusterfuck, he did the Infinity Ray + 3 Viltrumite combo because it looked cool and not the ramifications it would give to battleboarding nerds a decade later.

Large Star+ Level Viltrum Core, I am sick

How do y'all make Death Battle matchup thumbnail? Some characters I like have really shitty renders. Do y'all use those AI image upscalers to upscale the renders, or do y'all just pray that the render of your favorite character is big enough to look good in a thumbnail?
I use an app called inshot where it has a png maker, so you can work with that to turn images with backgrounds into renders, although a lot to the time I have to manual adjust things and sometimes I still struggle

ah ok

On another note:

9NJY2iM.jpeg
Barney Calhoun vs Kurtis Stryker(Half Life vs Mortal Kombat)
Venom Snake vs Garcian Smith(Metal Gear vs Killer7)
Daryl Dixon vs Ellis(Walking Dead vs Left 4 Dead)

Robert Kirkman unironically thinks Mark beats Superman and the Hulk because he is more likely to let loose on the former and can fly circles around the latter, we shouldn’t be surprised that his own story’s internal powerscaling is a clusterfuck, he did the Infinity Ray + 3 Viltrumite combo because it looked cool and not the ramifications it would give to battleboarding nerds a decade later.

Large Star+ Level Viltrum Core, I am sick
Kinda off topic but Antony Starr gives the same "he doesn't hold back" argument for Homelander beating Superman. And even giving Homelander or Invincible the benefit of the doubt, I still just don't get it. Why do people think Superman has no experience fighting people on his level who don't hold back? He's a superhero. He fights supervillains all the time lol

It’s kinda funny you bring up Homie in a convo about Mark, I’m pretty sure Kirkman said Homelander may beat Mark depending on if it’s Blue Suit Invincible or not
Kirkman doesn't scale. He, like basically all normal people, goes purely off of "vibes" when judging a character's strength. Early Invincible doesn't "feel" as tough or savage as Homelander does, whereas Blue Suit Invincible is a menace.

Back