• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I guess now we know where Cell's ability to create Cell Jrs. came from.
GZoTaEaWwAM_FXj

You say that, but planets in Nasuverse are 1-C (6D, possibly 8D), and the Planet (and likely the other planets too) in Final Fantasy VII is 3B, possibly 2-A (or something like that), so it's not entirely out of the question.
I don't know these series but feel free to explain your reasonings for this and I will explain how it doesn't apply to Invincible at all

De

Death Battle be like "Homer scales cause he's stronger than Maggie who killed Mr. Burns who made the sun disk. Also also Mr. Burns can press the button without breaking his hand."
I SEE NO FLAWS WITH THIS WHATSOEVER! DEATH BATTLE IS BACK!!! I WILL NOT QUESTION THE CALC OR SCALING BECAUSE I AM BUDDYS WITH THE CAST AND CREW!

I don't know these series but feel free to explain your reasonings for this and I will explain how it doesn't apply to Invincible at all
FF7 has basically this huge stream of magical energy that helps protect it.

For nasuverse…. the inner layer of the planet scales to 6D, because it’s mentioned it can shut out all interference up to the 6th dimension (I kinda disagree with this, and way less characters should be scaling to this than what’s on the profiles.) the 8D is from scaling to the moon cell,which has a 8D barrier protecting it’s core (which again, I kinda disagree with, as nasu for the most part doesn’t use dimensions in the way that the wiki does)

FF7 has basically this huge stream of magical energy that helps protect it.

For nasuverse…. the inner layer of the planet scales to 6D, because it’s mentioned it can shut out all interference up to the 6th dimension (I kinda disagree with this, and way less characters should be scaling to this than what’s on the profiles.) the 8D is from scaling to the moon cell,which has a 8D barrier protecting it’s core (which again, I kinda disagree with, as nasu for the most part doesn’t use dimensions in the way that the wiki does)
Yeah nothing like that is in place with planet Viltrum. There's no "stream of magical energy" and no "higher dimensional gobbledygook" in play. It's just a planet (albeit one most likely bigger than earth due to its ring and multiple moons).

I know I'm beating a dead horse ATP but the verdict just scream of vs brain rot in the worst way possible

Instead of picking the sensible way for the winner that would've been digestible and understandable they went in the way that even vs nerds from YouTube , Reddit, several discord servers were like what are y'all on?
like again
"Omni-man being faster than Bardock and having better stamina would allow him to be a to wear n teat bardock over the course of battle by the time the latter is weaken he would be able to deliver the final blow"
while you can argue against it its not something hard to buy and something you can give credit as being possible in the fight
how the hell you picked the worst option of doing it☠️

do invincible scalers try to say the planet is bigger than a star like One Piece scalers do?
Most of r/Invincible disagrees with the result and thinks Death Battle oversold Omni-Man lol

Also no not quite. The argument is that a space gun that previously destroyed a star only destabilized Viltrum's core. Meaning they think Viltrum is tougher than stars. Since absolutely nothing suggests that Viltrum is some weird super planet that's somehow tougher than a star, I think it's simply an anti-feat for the space gun. Also the space gun explicitly one shots viltrumites so Omni-Man doesn't scale to it at all.

Remember when the meta vs Carolina was announced and when the screwattack forums were incredibly disappointed Ben himself came on the forums and basically said “you aren’t the fans we want”

I guess what they want is the current stream of glazers and fanboys
Alienate the fanbase that first made you popular to make more money

classic corporate move

The argument is that a space gun that previously destroyed a gun only destabilized Viltrum's core. Meaning they think Viltrum is tougher than stars. Since absolutely nothing suggests that Viltrum is some weird super planet that's somehow tougher than a star, I think it's simply an anti-feat for the space gun. Also the space gun explicitly one shots viltrumites so Omni-Man doesn't scale to it at all.
Some people would rather interpret things hyper-literally or endlessly over-analyze certain things than sit down for a moment and consider that maybe, just maybe, the author just wanted to have a cool thing happen and didn't in that moment take into consideration everything else they had ever written before then.

"Nu-uh, Kirkman definitely intended the core of Viltrum to be star-level."

Remember when the meta vs Carolina was announced and when the screwattack forums were incredibly disappointed Ben himself came on the forums and basically said “you aren’t the fans we want”

I guess what they want is the current stream of glazers and fanboys
That happened?

Some people would rather interpret things hyper-literally or endlessly over-analyze certain things than sit down for a moment and consider that maybe, just maybe, the author just wanted to have a cool thing happen and didn't in that moment take into consideration everything else they had ever written before then.

"Nu-uh, Kirkman definitely intended the core of Viltrum to be star-level."
welcome to vs particularly Modern VS

Yeah, the screen cap was floating around for a bit, but I was there when it happened. He said something along the lines of “we are excited to make the content we want for the fans we want”

Looks like they got the fans they wanted out of gumballviking and the like
being real the fanbase prob atp just here for the animation and music knowing the research gonna be a hit n miss
basically the jingle the key moment

anyways gents giorno preview should come out this sunday
I think Giorno's preview is probably gonna be the less important one of the two. Most of his kit just doesn't matter in the match-up unless they're unironically gonna use frog-armor as a legitimate potential win-con.

Back