• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

"Think about it if you had a Goku that was as powerful as Superman would you even want him?"
I mean, so long as he still has challenges to face, this doesn't even matter. It's not hard to write peeps on that level for Goku to fight, even after reaching ludicrous heights like Superman's high-ends, so this statement has never made sense to me, at all.

Look I find the whole Dragon Ball salt thing to be overrated

Nobody bitched about Thawne stomping Black
Nobody cares too much on Vegeta eating shit against Thor
Silver vs Trunks had it's moments mainly due to Ian comments but the mu was looked at as debatable and again he was up against Archie so like come on now

Goku was a Deadman walking in Goku vs Superman 3 and everyone accepted that

Sure they'll be idiots going overboard but let's be real what fanbase doesn't have there fair share of moron's?

Here they have an actual gripe given how DB botched the outcome and results for the episode making there complaints valid in this instance
I don’t even care about Dragonball and the result is dogshit lol

I think Dragon Ball has one of the loudest idiots in the fanbase
In it's prime yes mainly in the 2000s and 2010s

Still do, nowhere comparable to it's peak

Man, Death Battle and VS Battles are just two sides of the same coin lmao.
Yes which is why we love and hate each other
It's basically looking at your own reflection 🪞

Last edited:
I am currently calculating how would the Sun Disc feat be under this Wiki's methods.

Must say that it's extremely funny and and more challenging than I thought. Will post here the results!

I don’t even care about Dragonball and the result is dogshit lol
A dude who's In a Monster Hunter brought up folks mentioning the fight to be BS lol
For these people, Goku is not a character, he's a powerset. Same for the whole verse. For whatever reason there's this whole subset of people who really, really want Dragon Ball to be the strongest-est verse ever, but also don't care about the characters very much and, in some cases, have never even seen the show.

The irony of course is that, if Goku were as strong as these people want him to be, he'd be miserable because there'd be no one to fight. It's part of why I'm okay with Goku losing to Superman, he'd love that there's still someone so much stronger than him out there.
I mentioned this before Goku losing to Clark like he did in 1 and 3 mainly the latter because at the end Goku went out swinging, giving it his all

Hell that Goku vs Sonic Sprite animation reception was largely positive because despite Goku losing in that one it was done tastefully and it respected both combatants

Goku fans may be dumb as shit alot but I kinda understand given folks look at Goku as THE guy to flex for clout especially LN nerds and etc to go here's my boring as shit character that can flex Goku outta existence. So it's understandable why there defensive to an extent

A dude who's In a Monster Hunter brought up folks mentioning the fight to be BS lol

I mentioned this before Goku losing to Clark like he did in 1 and 3 mainly the latter because at the end Goku went out swinging, giving it his all

Hell that Goku vs Sonic Sprite animation reception was largely positive because despite Goku losing in that one it was done tastefully and it respected both combatants

Goku fans may be dumb as shit alot but I kinda understand given folks look at Goku as THE guy to flex for clout especially LN nerds and etc to go here's my boring as shit character that can flex Goku outta existence. So it's understandable why there defensive to an extent
I call that last thing Goku derangement syndrome. Commonly found in Sonic and obscure LN fans, it is a condition where you take hate the Goku solos memes yet take them seriously and you cannot rest until you let everyone know your character can beat Goku. See Sonic fans making a billion fan animations of Sonic beating Goku and constantly asking Ian Flynn questions about it.

Most people with G.D.S either hate, don't like, or have a shallow view of Goku, yet still recognize Goku is the guy in internet pop culture that's seen as strong.

My working theory is that they are jealous they're character isn't viewed with the same respect, so they constantly clout chase Goku, unintentionally furthering Goku as the guy to beat.

Goku is more than just a walking power level.
Oh I know, he's a wonderful walking example of the human condition and the pursuit of happiness.

Most Dragon Ball fans know this. Apart of why he's seen as the guy is because we respect Goku and his dedication and will and silliness and kindness.

People with a shallow view of him are the ones who don't understand why he's so beloved. They don't understand how Goku got the reputation he did.

For example, 'Man why does everyone love that Goku guy and think he's so strong, don't they know (insert Sonic or obscure light novel protagonist here) is way stronger?'

I like Goku because he's a cool, silly monkey guy. You (not literally you) like Goku because he can blow up 27 billion universes.

We are not the same.
It's a little bit of both. Goku doesn't take himself super seriously, he's not a 'hehe look how cool am I' dude. He's a massive goober who can also blow up a shittillion universes.

I call that last thing Goku derangement syndrome. Commonly found in Sonic and obscure LN fans, it is a condition where you take hate the Goku solos memes yet take them seriously and you cannot rest until you let everyone know your character can beat Goku. See Sonic fans making a billion fan animations of Sonic beating Goku and constantly asking Ian Flynn questions about it.
Just wait until my new character, Heart Virus Johnson, hits the scenes.

Look I find the whole Dragon Ball salt thing to be overrated

Nobody bitched about Thawne stomping Black
Nobody cares too much on Vegeta eating shit against Thor
Silver vs Trunks had it's moments mainly due to Ian comments but the mu was looked at as debatable and again he was up against Archie so like come on now

Goku was a Deadman walking in Goku vs Superman 3 and everyone accepted that

Sure they'll be idiots going overboard but let's be real what fanbase doesn't have there fair share of moron's?

Here they have an actual gripe given how DB botched the outcome and results for the episode making there complaints valid in this instance
I remember that the complaints in gvs 1 and 2 were that they took out of context some superman panels and things like that, bc the analysis at that time were not the best.
In gvs 3 there were also things that didn't convince me of the analysis but it was much better than the previous ones in terms of the argumentative level.

were that they took out of context
Death Battle has to stop doing that shit cause it help fuel the "DB is bias shit" and ya can't blame for thinking that when they do it
Most people with G.D.S either hate, don't like, or have a shallow view of Goku, yet still recognize Goku is the guy in internet pop culture that's seen as strong.

My working theory is that they are jealous they're character isn't viewed with the same respect, so they constantly clout chase Goku, unintentionally furthering Goku as the guy to beat.
I wouldn't disagree on that tbh I remember that post on Twitter that was talking about this
Peeps will flex about how there flavor of the month character is Deeper,Better, Stronger than Goku meanwhile the latter will be remembered for years to come while said flavor of the month falls of in the dustbin of history

Sonic are also guilty of this I argue due to how bad the 2010s were to them so they needed something good to cope over with frontiers help furthering this

Last edited:
For example, 'Man why does everyone love that Goku guy and think he's so strong, don't they know (insert Sonic or obscure light novel protagonist here) is way stronger?'
Honestly? I think that even Sonic is a victim of this sort of mentality, but I feel like it's in reverse as some people think that Sonic is meant to be some purely strong character without any sort of nuance or complexity to him. And as a Sonic fan, it sucks to see because like Goku, there's a lot of depth to him that has made him one of my favorite characters of all time.

I'm not the best when it comes to articulating my thoughts and feelings, but what I love about Sonic the Hedgehog is that he is a character that personifies the concept of freedom and is willing to oppose any sort of attempt of someone trying to enforce control or remove said freedom from others. My favorite example of this mentality is in Sonic and the Black Knight, where the villain's goal of that game is to create an eternal world where everyone in it is part of an endless cycle of rebirth and destruction due to the villain's fear of the inevitability of the end. But despite knowing that his actions would doom said world to one day coming to an end, Sonic puts a stop to their plans due to his love for freedom and imparts a message of living life to the fullest and as freely as possible while not being afraid of death.

There's plenty of other examples of that in the games and other pieces of media, especially in the IDW comics, but I absolutely love that Sonic is a character who is so dedicated to his ideals and beliefs that he's more than willing to be a bad guy if one's actions directly harm the freedom and happiness of others. It's why he's such a great character when written well, and it bugs the piss out of me that there's a vocal group of people who only talk about him because he "beats" Goku or whatever.

Back