• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

they got 730k from fans so yeah actually it is.
I'll just post that perhaps the reason most people pledged for the Kickstarter was not cause they wanted "let's end this debate once and for all" but actually because they enjoy the series' that they've adored with yes even the controversy coming with the territory.

Like let's be real, if Death Battle never existed we wouldn't be having these conversations right now, discussions on the fun asf editing, the writing covering over these awesome characters and stunning work put into making these cinematic style videos where no other YT channel has achieved such influence. To quote Boomstick from GvS.

Because it's fun, Wiz! Damn it, man! There's more than one way to appreciate something. We're havin' a great time talkin' about awesome characters and slammin' action figures together... and that's okay! I'm just saying, no matter who you prefer, that battle was super, ...man!

Ngl, "their calcs are so bad that they shouldn't have to explain them" is not a defense I was expecting to hear.
Oh, that wasn't my reasoning. I'm not defending them, they were objectively wrong, I just figure people shouldn't be surprised. My real problem is the weird "you're obligated to be correct every time and explain it more than you did in the episode if we disagree," thing, where people seem to actually be getting angry over this. Might just be because I stopped caring that much over the accuracy of a fight between fictional characters on a YouTube channel a few years back, I don't blame other people for being a lot more invested.

Oh, that wasn't my reasoning. I'm not defending them, they were objectively wrong, I just figure people shouldn't be surprised. My real problem is the weird "you're obligated to be correct every time and explain it more than you did in the episode if we disagree," thing, where people seem to actually be getting angry over this. Might just be because I stopped caring that much over the accuracy of a fight between fictional characters on a YouTube channel a few years back, I don't blame other people for being a lot more invested.
Okay yeah that's actually a much fairer take, I get what you're saying here.

Honestly can't blame you I think it's been awhile time and a felt out dick up to this extent in my ears that got many this heated

Tbh I think they pivoted from the "let's end this debate once and for all" days, but I don't want to water down DB's either as essentially just a glorified DBX as that would diminish a lot of the hard work and editing poured into it aside from animation.
Honestly they should just bring back the qna blogs, that way the researchers explain themselves while ben can relax

Didn't they admit Gaara vs Toph was wrong? Either way, that episode was done years ago.
Yeah, it was. But it also didn't help when Kuro the Artist decided to pit his Omnitrix in the race and try to debunk the episode, which didn't help matters.
Kuro is a salty fraud fanboy, but he did raise good concerns about how stupid it is for Death Battle to composite all the Green Lantern comics for no reason.
Yeah, but not everyone is like us. If we get mad about the outcome, we take it on the chin and move on.

That's not the case with certain fan groups. Like even when Death Battle is right when a certain character loses, none of their fan bases take it well.

Case in point, the Ben 10 fan base still refuse to accept that Ben loses to Hal. Berserk fans were upset when Guts lost to Dimitri. Sonic fans were stewing when he lost to Mario at the time.

When you keep dealing with those types of people from time to time, you'd eventually just handwave it all and just try to move on
I do admit there are people who won't change their mind no matter what, but there's still a significant number of people who can change their mind or are willing to hear Death Battle out. And people who defend Death Battle. Death Battle should do casts to appeal to those people.

I generally try to defend Death Battle whenever I think they get an episode right whenever I can or feel like it. That job would be easier if they did a DBC elaborating on their arguments.

Take Goku vs Superman for example, people were extremely salty about it back then, but the consensus changed its mind about the outcome of the fight.

Didn't they admit Gaara vs Toph was wrong? Either way, that episode was done years ago.
I can't site any receipts right now but I believe they have, it's just that they...to put it nicely reallly dislike admitting that a verdict they've made for an episode was sketchy. Just look at how long it took for em to admit that Yang vs Tifa was wrong.

I watched the livestream. I can say they did acknowledge the issues with Omnidock, they went over why they went with the Sun Disk feat and from what I recall, it was essentially having the researched finished a year ago when RT had shut down.

It sounds like the research team had already reached their conclusion, so there was no point in changing it
The issue is they didn't acknowledge bardocks side of things at all.

I can't site any receipts right now but I believe they have, it's just that they...to put it nicely reallly dislike admitting that a verdict they've made for an episode was sketchy. Just look at how long it took for em to admit that Yang vs Tifa was wrong.
ngl they would have more goodwill if they at least said they think the verdicts of some old episodes are wrong

At the end of the day, I guess I'm kinda just saying that people watch stuff because it's fun. Do I get annoyed if a result is egregious? Yeah, a little, especially if it's a character I like(I brought up Gaara vs Toph earlier rather than Ben vs Hal or something because I'm actually knowledgeable on both characters and DC cosmology shit bores me, also Hal Jordan in the presence of a teenager is never good), but at the end of the day, I remember it's a show about some silly little fellas goofing around about media they like, and I look to myself, and go "did I have fun?"

And you know what? I did.

Not to say any other perspectives are invalid, that's just my personal feelings.

I get the issues
Honestly they should just bring back the qna blogs, that way the researchers explain themselves while ben can relax
Only reason they stop because folks tend to act entitled over it and folks throwing them shit from macho man vs Kool aid episode

Also last year the last time we had a QnA public wise was Guts vs Dimitri
Goku vs Superman 3 and Galactus vs Unicron was like members only shit iirc

It 100% isn't the case here (or at least not exclusively), but I can understand why the team wouldn't wanna deal with salty Dragon Ball fans at this point. I've been in the community for like 11 years, and I've definitely seen them say some wild **** ("Super Goku is outerversal in base trust 🙏").

Kuro is a salty fraud fanboy, but he did raise good concerns about how stupid it is for Death Battle to composite all the Green Lantern comics for no reason.
But that’s the thing, they didn’t. They just failed to properly explain how the GLs surviving the Crisis wasn’t just a feat of resisting existence erasure but it also kept their history from being changed by the reboot aspect of COIE.

At the end of the day, I guess I'm kinda just saying that people watch stuff because it's fun. Do I get annoyed if a result is egregious? Yeah, a little, especially if it's a character I like(I brought up Gaara vs Toph earlier rather than Ben vs Hal or something because I'm actually knowledgeable on both characters and DC cosmology shit bores me, also Hal Jordan in the presence of a teenager is never good), but at the end of the day, I remember it's a show about some silly little fellas goofing around about media they like, and I look to myself, and go "did I have fun?"

And you know what? I did.

Not to say any other perspectives are invalid, that's just my personal feelings.
Understandable

On a another note, wanna ask how do you'll feel with the speed scaling they gave for Bardock to Toei Goku dodging the astroids? that feat probably has various ranges but either way it'd still be an MFTL speed feat.

Kuro is a salty fraud fanboy
Hey, hey. Kuro's cool. Just let him make his Ben 10/Danny Phantom comic/videos and keep him away from powers calling stuff, he's good.
I do admit there are people who won't change their mind no matter what, but there's still a significant number of people who can change their mind or are willing to hear Death Battle out. And people who defend Death Battle. Death Battle should do casts to appeal to those people.

I generally try to defend Death Battle whenever I think they get an episode right whenever I can or feel like it. That job would be easier if they did a DBC elaborating on their arguments.
True. But like what Kuro did in the response video after they did the cast, people will more than likely use the casts not to gain understanding but more try to show how they did it wrong.

Because some won't listen to gain understanding, they listen to try and further their arguments.

It 100% isn't the case here (or at least not exclusively), but I can understand why the team wouldn't wanna deal with salty Dragon Ball fans at this point. I've been in the community for like 11 years, and I've definitely seen them say some wild **** ("Super Goku is outerversal in base trust 🙏").
Oh, don't get me started on those people. Even when a Dragon Ball character wins, they'd still be pissy about it

I get the issues

Only reason they stop because folks tend to act entitled over it and folks throwing them shit from macho man vs Kool aid episode

I mean I get it, but like for a season premiere, your first episode back AND happens to have a controversial winner, you'd at least expect them to send the full calc

True. But like what Kuro did in the response video after they did the cast, people will more than likely use the casts not to gain understanding but more try to show how they did it wrong.

Because some won't listen to gain understanding, they listen to try and further their arguments.
I'd still say it's worth it. It shows you are willing to elaborate on your arguments and stand by them.
Some DB fans won't change their mind, but there's a big number of people that accept that capeshit solos DB

QnA's used to mean something, but all it does just ads fuel to the fiery hate certain fans have. They'll never be satisfied with the answers they'll get.

This is why, on a certain level, I don't blame them for not wanting to continue QnA's.

What's the general consensus on Thor vs Vegeta? That seems like an episode where the Marvel herald clearly wins if you look at both of their feats. Kinda like Superman vs Goku.

I'd still say it's worth it. It shows you are willing to elaborate on your arguments and stand by them.
Yeah, but if you have to do for every episode that gains notoriety, how long will that help please fans and just becomes ammunition for them to retaliate.

Some DB fans won't change their mind, but there's a big number of people that accept that capeshit solos DB
Yeah, but here's the thing, there the loudest out all of the Fandom, unfortunately

Yeah, but if you have to do for every episode that gains notoriety, how long will that help please fans and just becomes ammunition for them to retaliate.
The fans would have more ammunition if they don't respond.
Yeah, but here's the thing, there the loudest out all of the Fandom, unfortunately
You can potentially change the general consensus on a matchup with good arguments, so yeah, I'd still prefer if they addressed the criticism towards their verdicts. I want them to double down.

The fans would have more ammunition if they don't respond.
Meant to say more ammunition, but I guess this is "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

You can potentially change the general consensus on a matchup with good arguments, so yeah, I'd still prefer if they addressed the criticism towards their verdicts. I want them to double down.
Yeah

But I just don't think I wanna deal with how fans react if they do these QnA's and double down. Because I know for a fact they will get even more riled up.

They did. It was during the cast that was mentioning the MU that the fanbase could decide on. They directly mentioned that Yang vs Tifa was wrong there, and also the same with Gaara vs Toph, unless I'm mistaken. They were quite open about it, during that moment.

Look I find the whole Dragon Ball salt thing to be overrated

Nobody bitched about Thawne stomping Black
Nobody cares too much on Vegeta eating shit against Thor
Silver vs Trunks had it's moments mainly due to Ian comments but the mu was looked at as debatable and again he was up against Archie so like come on now

Goku was a Deadman walking in Goku vs Superman 3 and everyone accepted that

Sure they'll be idiots going overboard but let's be real what fanbase doesn't have there fair share of moron's?

Here they have an actual gripe given how DB botched the outcome and results for the episode making there complaints valid in this instance

Look I find the whole Dragon Ball salt thing to be overrated

Nobody bitched about Thawne stomping Black
Nobody cares too much on Vegeta eating shit against Thor
Silver vs Trunks had it's moments mainly due to Ian comments but the mu was looked at as debatable and again he was up against Archie so like come on now

Goku was a Deadman walking in Goku vs Superman 3 and everyone accepted that

Sure they'll be idiots going overboard but let's be real what fanbase doesn't have there fair share of moron's?

Here they have an actual gripe given how DB botched the outcome and results for the episode making there complaints valid in this instance
Idk, one time I left a comment about Superman winning on Goku vs Superman 2, over a year after it originally released, and I had literally 90 comments on it the next day.

Oh, don't get me started on those people. Even when a Dragon Ball character wins, they'd still be pissy about it
For these people, Goku is not a character, he's a powerset. Same for the whole verse. For whatever reason there's this whole subset of people who really, really want Dragon Ball to be the strongest-est verse ever, but also don't care about the characters very much and, in some cases, have never even seen the show.

The irony of course is that, if Goku were as strong as these people want him to be, he'd be miserable because there'd be no one to fight. It's part of why I'm okay with Goku losing to Superman, he'd love that there's still someone so much stronger than him out there.

For these people, Goku is not a character, he's a powerset. Same for the whole verse. For whatever reason there's this whole subset of people who really, really want Dragon Ball to be the strongest-est verse ever, but also don't care about the characters very much and, in some cases, have never even seen the show.

The irony of course is that, if Goku were as strong as these people want him to be, he'd be miserable because there'd be no one to fight. It's part of why I'm okay with Goku losing to Superman, he'd love that there's still someone so much stronger than him out there.
"Think about it if you had a Goku that was as powerful as Superman would you even want him?"

Back