• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I watched the livestream. I can say they did acknowledge the issues with Omnidock, they went over why they went with the Sun Disk feat and from what I recall, it was essentially having the researched finished a year ago when RT had shut down.

It sounds like the research team had already reached their conclusion, so there was no point in changing it
That's not addressing the concerns or admitting anything.

Hey you got this question wrong?

Eh that was a month ago

eh the mu is good just had a terrible verdict(sounds familiar?)
Animation and music aside, i dislike how they researched it, which most of you already heard of it from me a million times

But the issue is it made some idiots like the mentioned guy above from reddit and others like him believe the meat riding given, which really any mu they done before had a similar issue, gaslighting characters that arenr actually as they say at times

ngl I would have appreciated more if they did a DBC making extended arguments to why they're right and all over them just handwaving the opposition to saltiness.

When was the last time they made a DBC where they go on full long explanations to why they are right about their verdicts? Did they stop doing that?
Ben vs Hal was the last time I remember that happening

He called out Guts VS Nightmare, he just doesn’t go into powerscaling unless if the result contradicts the episode’s own logic.
I never understood why this mentality of "judge it by episode logic" is a thing

Why should i judge an episode from their episode logic instead of the supposed general logic, if they said homelander won and it was correct under their logic for example, is that suppose to be ok?

Ben vs Hal was the last time I remember that happening
Wow, what a fall from grace

You know, I think they should do more stuff like that, I know there are people who are still salty about that matchup, but there are also a lot of people who defend Death Battle for their verdict in that fight

Death Battle is pretty much doing the same thing, putting the important calculations in the black boxes rather than address them in the video

I watched the livestream. I can say they did acknowledge the issues with Omnidock, they went over why they went with the Sun Disk feat and from what I recall, it was essentially having the researched finished a year ago when RT had shut down.

It sounds like the research team had already reached their conclusion, so there was no point in changing it
So, what is the intended implication of saying it was done a year ago? If they stand by it, it shouldn't matter how long ago it was done.

I honestly don't think they should be obligated to "address" issues with calcs, it really isn't a big deal. But I don't really watch Death Battle, so whatever.

You know, I think they should do more stuff like that, I know there are people who are still salty about that matchup, but there are also a lot of people who defend Death Battle for their verdict in that fight

Death Battle is pretty much doing the same thing, putting the important calculations in the black boxes rather than address them in the video
apparently they do address that they should start saying things in the epsiode rather than black boxxing

Anyway's someone managed to calc the sun disc to star level using only the highest of high ends for the planet size. His mid ball was "brown dwarf" level

For example, I think Ben vs Hal is a wash for Hal, I have seen the arguments for Hal, and they make more sense than the arguments for Ben since Hal is faster, resists what Ben can do, can be scaled higher, can have better haxes, etc.
I feel like at that moment, they realized "no matter how much we explain it to our fans, there will always be a loud minority who won't accept"
What was their fault. They didn't nail it enough how much faster Hal is than Ben, nor did they explain well their reasonings. Even Death Battle dicksuckers pointed that out.
I honestly don't think they should be obligated to "address" issues with calcs, it really isn't a big deal. But I don't really watch Death Battle, so whatever.
They got paid 730k by the fans, I think we deserve better explanations rather than them running away to their hugboxes. It can't be that hard to publicly address the opposing arguments after you release an episode. I mean, if you already researched the characters, just record yourself doing a QnA to what the haters say.
I feel like at that moment, they realized "no matter how much we explain it to our fans, there will always be a loud minority who won't accept it, so why bother?"
tbh sometimes I have felt angry about their outcomes, but I changed my mind after hearing more about their reasoning

Gaara vs toph is like 10 years old, are people still using that? Cause like vsbw had scarlet king at 5D a few years back lmfao

If your going to shit on deathbattle scaling, at least use more recent examples
I was using Gaara vs Toph as an example because it was a while ago, so there isn't much contention anymore.

What was their fault. They didn't nail it enough how much faster Hal is than Ben, nor did they explain well their reasonings. Even Death Battle dicksuckers pointed that out.
Yeah, it was. But it also didn't help when Kuro the Artist decided to pit his Omnitrix in the race and try to debunk the episode, which didn't help matters.

They got paid 730k by the fans, I think we deserve better explanations rather than them running away to their hugboxes. It can't be that hard to publicly address the opposing arguments after you release an episode. I mean, if you already researched the characters, just record yourself doing a QnA to what the haters say.
I do miss those days...

tbh sometimes I have felt angry about their outcomes, but I changed my mind after hearing more about their reasoning
Yeah, but not everyone is like us. If we get mad about the outcome, we take it on the chin and move on.

That's not the case with certain fan groups. Like even when Death Battle is right when a certain character loses, none of their fan bases take it well.

Case in point, the Ben 10 fan base still refuse to accept that Ben loses to Hal. Berserk fans were upset when Guts lost to Dimitri. Sonic fans were stewing when he lost to Mario at the time.

When you keep dealing with those types of people from time to time, you'd eventually just handwave it all and just try to move on

Back