• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Discussion Thread 05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next Time - quoted by Kingo the Sixth
I feel like people are underestimating Ed's alchemy and speed here. Aang's bending is good but Ed's is more versatile, and Ed is a very clever fighter and would eventually realise what Aang's limits on bending are and would transmute everything Aang throws at him into something he wouldn't be able to bend. Like metal for example, cause Aang has never learnt metal bending.
FMA also has hypersonic feats (and apparently lighting timing but I'm not sure?). Aang can't really beat Ed in base form as far as I'm aware.

In Avatar State, it becomes a lot closer. Aang can fly which gives him a lot more mobility now and his stats are obviously greatly improved here. But Ed can still do his transmutation trick on whatever Aang bends, and he can use Deconstruction Alchemy to rip Aang's shield in this form apart, and probably even Aang himself, Kenshiro style.

Zuko's speed feat is claimed wrong and not even properly approved. If a calc is proved wrong it should be removed from the profile.

And either way, durability is sorta irrelevant here, as again, Ed can instantly kill Aang by deconstructing him and messing up his innards.

Problem is, Aang's sheer numbers and power in this form might overwhelm Ed by just throwing so much shit at him that he can't even keep up, and Ed is gonna have a tough time getting close enough to use his alchemy. But nevertheless, this doesn't seem like a stomp for now. Correct me if I missed anything.

Man.... Remember when Aang had the chance to become able to use the Avatar State at will, but couldn't because he was too attached to Katara?

I wonder what the timeline where he finished unlocking his chakras was like....

Wait Aang vs Edward? That's the next match? Oh gr8 one of my favourite childhood icons is being put in a series where he could possibly die horrifically, screw my childhood I guess.

Watched the episode and the fight is cool, but the verdict seems so wrong in so many levels.

Their "wrong" verdict on Captain Falcon vs Johnny Cage surprisingly fit on Poison Ivy vs Petey Piranha though.

Tbf there's some talk about Falcon's space station feat being higher then it's current rated as (we'll see where that goes)

And right or not the fight was flipping awesome.

They used our calc for fears of base Johnny Cage and just brush off Inner Power as an anti-elder god power instead of some power up that is super effective against elder gods.

They also do not use the feats of restricted Raiden.

And they somehow inflated several AP feats of CF, BS and Zoda.

Good job I do not have time to debunk them one by one.

The Mario and Sonic calcs from here were only in the predicton blog, not in the actual video

And those blogs are fan made, they aren't always acurate to the result like Death Battle

The real cal howard said:
I mean...inner power is outright stated to only work on Elder Gods though. They're not wrong there.
Even then, they scaled something Raiden did against Onaga to him to give him a fighting chance which makes no sense to me.

Tbh I never saw Aang Vs Edward coming, anyway I enjoyed the newest DB (Johnny Cage Vs Captain Falcon) regardless of the outcome.

I'm still curious why DB got rid of the "FIGHT" shout out at the beginning of their animations this season.

It's been a while since i edited the FMA profiles, i'm not sure Ed had a lighter automail against Greedling since i recall Winry builting one for him later on, Greed was just re-born and wasn't going all out on him and when he did, he was able to suppress him , but since he was able to be faster than Kimblee he is likely able to keep up with him.

So, the justification i'm going to change is (Solf J. Kimblee realized that he is too fast, likely able to keep up with Greedling, who can keep up with Wrath) to be more safe.

Community Death Battle in Death Battle Cast is never to be meant accurate. It is there to show the audience how (il)logical the audience are, and how the hosts can gather information within seconds.

Should go into a real researched Death Battle instead. inb4 their research accuracy can fluctuate a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back