• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 9, We're not Windows or Apple after all]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mach 5? It's a lowball but acceptable. The feat can be scaled to Mach 28. They also briefly mention a relativistic speed feat in the blog, but that's from Arien. Her place in the scaling is... difficult to pin down. She shouldn't directly scale to Sauron however.

MFTL+, I find the justification they put for dismissing it wrong. The Vigilot was used at that speeds for a relatively brief test drive. I don't think Eärendil would use the ship at such low outputs for the greatest war of the age. That aside, the Valar have created constellations and moved stars, and Death Battle considers those to be speed feats. Sauron should downscale from them as a Greater Maia.

Worst bit is that the feat can even be Immeasurable. Tolkien's later notes say that the Ainur could no longer travel forward in time upon entering the space and time, but never said anything about backwards. Although I'm saving this for a future revision, alongside Acausality and other stuff (Law Manipulation and Concept Manipulation will be great. Latter might even be at 5-D).
Interesting, though I mean I find the justification for dismissing 5-B Arthas similarly Tosh, but their backup scaling was fine so I don't really care lol

I love me some concept manip!
Gonna be fun to see the Cosmology blog. Love reading those in my spare time, even if I barely understand half of them.
Well my sanity is being spared having to go through ******* Shadowlands at least, it's one of the few things I'm not carrying the verse on for once!

Interesting, though I mean I find the justification for dismissing 5-B Arthas similarly Tosh, but their backup scaling was fine so I don't really care lol
Yeah, that's what saves the episode on the lore front. Minus the issue I have with Osse, the lower end stuff was all pretty solid. Like I said, Mach 5 is reasonable enough, and I have few complaints about the tertiary stuff (although a lot of it is from compositing, which would have been fun if they used MERP, aka LoTR DND).

I love me some concept manip!
You can thank Morgoth for discord.

Yeah, that's what saves the episode on the lore front. Minus the issue I have with Osse, the lower end stuff was all pretty solid. Like I said, Mach 5 is reasonable enough, and I have few complaints about the tertiary stuff (although a lot of it is from compositing, which would have been fun if they used MERP, aka LoTR DND).

You can thank Morgoth for discord.
Nice

Now for the obligitory "you got any 7-As, high-end 6-As or really low-end High 6-As or baseline to nearby baseline 5-Bs?"

Nice

Now for the obligitory "you got any 7-As, high-end 6-As or really low-end High 6-As or baseline to nearby baseline 5-Bs?"
Ha. Revisions were just accepted, but after the changes, the tier will be

Low 7-B, possible 7-A to 5-C.

At least 7-A, possibly 5-C

No High 6-As or 5-Bs unfortunately.

Someone did propose Arien to be a High 6-A, possibly High 3-A, by minimally scaling the light of the Sun to our Sun, but I'm not particularly convinced. The Sun in LOTR is troublesome to rate.

All of them need ability revisions, but tiers should stay the same, so you can have match ups in the future.

Now I'm curious how sauron and arthas' lawhax would work against each other
You know a lot more about Domination shit then I do, so can't answer that
Ha. Revisions were just accepted, but after the changes, the tier will be

Low 7-B, possible 7-A to 5-C.

At least 7-A, possibly 5-C

No High 6-As or 5-Bs unfortunately.

Someone did propose Arien to be a High 6-A, possibly High 3-A, by minimally scaling the light of the Sun to our Sun, but I'm not particularly convinced. The Sun in LOTR is troublesome to rate.

All of them need ability revisions, but tiers should stay the same, so you can have match ups in the future.
I'll wait for the ability additions then

Also I just realized that since Warhammer Fantasy has 5-Cs now... well, ya know...

Now I'm curious how sauron and arthas' lawhax would work against each other
Sorry, made a mistake, Sauron's getting Fate Manipulation. Eru's the one getting Law Manipulation.

Ainur are capable of willing the future along certains paths. Morgoth used his will to make a certain character's entire bloodline meet terrible fates (like, Game of Thrones stuff) as he was feeling pissy and wanted to punish someone for refusing to join him. Extra impressive since Eru's Laws make it so free-will cannot be easily tampered with. Sauron's will is lesser to Morgoth though, but his Second Age key should scale to a similar level, if not superior.

Their Low 1-C key has better Fate Manipulation, but that's largely due to scale.

They do get resistances due to Eru's Laws though, but I'm still compiling them. At bare minimum, some 5-D soul stuff, mind stuff, and maybe Acausality. The former two are already present for many characters, Eru just makes it heavier.

TBH though Gelt probably just turns Saruman into a golden statue for his collection and is done with it lol
Saruman gets absolutely destroyed. He does have one thing that might help him out. His voice is ridiculously convincing in a way that's not even mind manipulation. It's just so persuasive most characters in LOTR are unable to resist it, to the point they can spend their entire lives dominated by it...

But I 100% doubt Gelt has a weaker will than Theoden with the bullshit he went through. But it might buy Saruman nanosecond to regret his life.

Saruman gets absolutely destroyed. He does have one thing that might help him out. His voice is ridiculously convincing in a way that's not even mind manipulation. It's just so persuasive most characters in LOTR are unable to resist it, to the point they can spend their entire lives dominated by it...

But I 100% doubt Gelt has a weaker will than Theoden with the bullshit he went through. But it might buy Saruman nanosecond to regret his life.
true lol

Honestly I'd prefer Saruman vs Settra, just to imagine Settra's exact ******* reaction to what Saruman says

Ironically, Settra is probably what Saruman wants to be. Be a successful ruler, bring in a golden age, and say **** off to any (other) divines.
Yeah, actually. Grimgor would also have a pretty amazing reaction methinks

BTW want an invite to the Warhammer Fantasy discord?

My exposure's mostly limited to Total War and youtube vids, and even that's limited. I might take you up on that in the future, but if I join now, I'll just be ghosting.
I mean multiple people are ghosting lol, I'm active to talk occasionally, and from there it's only Naito, Soma, and Blackcurrant lol

All he needed was a staunch line of Elven spears.

Pov: You alerted the Doomstack

All this talk in a dead thread :VVVV

Unironically, the cycle has lasted long enough that history repeated itself again. OP is gone. We kinda do need a new thread to update this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back