• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 9, We're not Windows or Apple after all]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, prove that it's a supernatural fear instead of Alucard just being spooky?
It's called watch Hellsing? It's not being "spooky.", like literally what kind of argument is that even? Soldiers freeze at the sight of Alucard without even know who he is, drove Winkle insane from dozens of meters away, instilled fear into the likes of Anderson with Level 0, etc.

Thu

To be fair it shouldn't be fear hax but rather madness manipulation.

TBF that whole 3 million souls thing was them being very generous to Alucard much like Schrodinger he only gets that many souls in the final episode, as far as I know there’s nothing to suggest he had millions of souls before the London battle. Heck even on this site we only recognize him as having over 120,000 souls and certainly not millions.
Actually 120,000 is an extreme low-end lol, me and Random want to do a better calculation since that's leaving out big unmarked periods.

It's called watch Hellsing? It's not being "spooky.", like literally what kind of argument is that even? Soldiers freeze at the sight of Alucard without even know who he is, drove Winkle insane from dozens of meters away, instilled fear into the likes of Anderson with Level 0, etc.

Thu

To be fair it shouldn't be fear hax but rather madness manipulation.
Yeah the level 0 thing I'd say is fine

However I'm pretty sure a dude casually walking out with two pistols after an entire fighting swat squad was sent in fo kill him would be ****** terrifying even if you don't know who he is.

And Winkle was extremely intimidated and scared just from Alucard's existence on the ship cause she knew who he was

Though even playing devils advocate and going with Sauron being MFTL+ theres still the issue of arthas' passives which sauron currently does not resist

Though even playing devils advocate and going with Sauron being MFTL+ theres still the issue of arthas' passives which sauron currently does not resist
His profile is missing a lot in that area. we are pretty much trying to revise the entire verse with a skeleton crew.

His immaterial state is outright infinite speed though, and there's some "time huh" stuff he could potentially pull (although I'm only proposing that for the Pre-Ea key).

His profile is missing a lot in that area. we are pretty much trying to revise the entire verse with a skeleton crew.

His immaterial state is outright infinite speed though, and there's some "time huh" stuff he could potentially pull (although I'm only proposing that for the Pre-Ea key).
Ea?

If the Vingilot scaling falls through, I've found some alternative MFTL+ stuff from breakoff Ainur (weaker than the Valar and their strongest lessers) potentially crossing the universe to make their own worlds, or from the Silmarillion where the wording may mean the Ainur explored the universe while making Arda. Morgoth also did some corrupting of stars, and then there's Varda making stars like she's got nothing better to do.

The former is from his final notes which we currently accept. I'll have a look depending on how the Vingilot goes down.

is Ea referring to Eru?

crying.jpg

On an aside, LOTR is getting High 3-A ratings for the relevant characters and infinite speed (for Ainur) is being reaffirmed.

Abilities and stuff are still a while off.

BTW I'd put Sauron vs Arthas at "Right: Decent"

Why only decent?

Well they majorly ****** up Arthas' speed seeing as there ain't even a feat in the verse at mach 5 or whatever, feels like they just pulled it straight outta there ass to make Arthas and Sauron comparable in speed.

I also hear that Sauron has very little reason to scale to the Island Lifting feat they used for his AP, so that's 2 pretty decently big wrongs.

BTW I'd put Sauron vs Arthas at "Right: Decent"

Why only decent?

Well they majorly ****** up Arthas' speed seeing as there ain't even a feat in the verse at mach 5 or whatever, feels like they just pulled it straight outta there ass to make Arthas and Sauron comparable in speed.
I only have a cursory understanding of WoW thanks to Weekly and stuff, and even I could tell that Arthas was downplayed.

I also hear that Sauron has very little reason to scale to the Island Lifting feat they used for his AP, so that's 2 pretty decently big wrongs.
There is only one possible reason to relate the two. Ossë was very briefly alligned with Morgoth, and Sauron is Morgoth's strongest servant. But it's a stretch to directly scale Sauron to Ossë, since it's a massive stretch to even say Ossë was a servant of Morgoth (although I admittedly will probably mention this on profile as a brief part of the justification changes).

Heck, Ossë can be scaled above Sauron, as he was chosen by Morgoth as a weapon against Ulmo, the third most powerful Vala.

Sauron at minimum should scale to Moon level, as Morgoth sent spirits to attack Tilion and destroy the Moon, and they should be below Balrogs, who are far below Sauron.

We also have a solid reason to scale Greater Maiar to the Valar, since the two are depicted in notes as comparable in utilisation and emission of power. So that whole thing was bunk.

In hindsight, I have a lot of problems on the LoTR side (Eru likely could destroy Sauron's soul, but at the same time, Eru is the one to ensure all free souls are indestructible) but the research was better than the worst I feared, so I'd still say it was decent enough.

The most annoying thing is mistaking the infinite speed feat with teleportation. DID THEY NOT EVEN READ THE FOOTNOTES! C'MON! THIS IS HIGH/SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL STUFF!

I only have a cursory understanding of WoW thanks to Weekly and stuff, and even I could tell that Arthas was downplayed.

There is only one possible reason to relate the two. Ossë was very briefly alligned with Morgoth, and Sauron is Morgoth's strongest servant. But it's a stretch to directly scale Sauron to Ossë, since it's a massive stretch to even say Ossë was a servant of Morgoth (although I admittedly will probably mention this on profile as a brief part of the justification changes).

Heck, Ossë can be scaled above Sauron, as he was chosen by Morgoth as a weapon against Ulmo, the third most powerful Vala.

Sauron at minimum should scale to Moon level, as Morgoth sent spirits to attack Tilion and destroy the Moon, and they should be below Balrogs, who are far below Sauron.

We also have a solid reason to scale Greater Maiar to the Valar, since the two are depicted in notes as comparable in utilisation and emission of power. So that whole thing was bunk.

In hindsight, I have a lot of problems on the LoTR side (Eru likely could destroy Sauron's soul, but at the same time, Eru is the one to ensure all free souls are indestructible) but the research was better than the worst I feared, so I'd still say it was decent enough.
Ehhhhh, sure they discounted the 5-B feats that realm of scaling has, but scaling to Gul'dan's raising of the Toomb of Sargeras Island is nothing to scoff at and it's also rock-solid scaling.

Yeah, I can definitely see why Sauron was mishandled here, could change it to bad TBH, if only for Suaron's side being ****** up so bad.

Was the speed they used for Sauron, Mach 5 if I recall, even decent?

The most annoying thing is mistaking the infinite speed feat with teleportation. DID THEY NOT EVEN READ THE FOOTNOTES! C'MON! THIS IS HIGH/SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL STUFF!
LMFAO I can see why that'd be frustrating!

But don't worry, after Cosmology is done Arthas at least has some kind of a real wincon in Frostmourne's soul fuckery going 5-D minimum

Ehhhhh, sure they discounted the 5-B feats that realm of scaling has, but scaling to Gul'dan's raising of the Toomb of Sargeras Island is nothing to scoff at and it's also rock-solid scaling.

Yeah, I can definitely see why Sauron was mishandled here, could change it to bad TBH, if only for Suaron's side being ****** up so bad.

Was the speed they used for Sauron, Mach 5 if I recall, even decent?
Mach 5? It's a lowball but acceptable. The feat can be scaled to Mach 28. They also briefly mention a relativistic speed feat in the blog, but that's from Arien. Her place in the scaling is... difficult to pin down. She shouldn't directly scale to Sauron however.

MFTL+, I find the justification they put for dismissing it wrong. The Vigilot was used at that speeds for a relatively brief test drive. I don't think Eärendil would use the ship at such low outputs for the greatest war of the age. That aside, the Valar have created constellations and moved stars, and Death Battle considers those to be speed feats. Sauron should downscale from them as a Greater Maia.

But don't worry, after Cosmology is done Arthas at least has some kind of a real wincon in Frostmourne's soul fuckery going 5-D minimum
Worst bit is that the feat can even be Immeasurable. Tolkien's later notes say that the Ainur could no longer travel forward in time upon entering the space and time, but never said anything about backwards. Although I'm saving this for a future revision, alongside Acausality and other stuff (Law Manipulation and Concept Manipulation will be great. Latter might even be at 5-D).

Gonna be fun to see the Cosmology blog. Love reading those in my spare time, even if I barely understand half of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back