• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why we do it here, however as we have noted before, why make a match with a speedster character if you plan to equalize speed in the first place? Or why equalize speed when the speed gap is not large? That's nonsensical. Like one shouldn't make Flash vs Kirby only to equalize speed as that then ruins the whole point of Flash being in the battle as you are equalizing his defining quality...There is no point in that siituation...

This is one of the reasons this site isn't as good as I know it could be. This site wouldn't be near what it is if it wasn't for the community. WE make this site what it is.

Speed equalize doesn't mean the site is bad as non-equalized speed fights can happen. We make the site what it is, just like any community. We do this so that we have a large variety of possible matches. Without it, we have many characters who will possibly never be used in a fight. The simple fact is that Speed Equalization is made more for options. Hence why we note the "speed was equalized" when added. Otherwise we'd have a ton of speed stomps with Tier 4s with Infinite - Immeasurable speeds wrecking characters with MFTL+ speeds. I am sure we've had this discussion before.

But it doesn't make sense, logically. Why not allow space for strength equalization as well, leading to skill based fights? Like no one will use Superman's skill in a debate, it's all "me punch hard" when he is a very skilled opponent. Why specifically speed equalization becoming the norm?

Speed is the single most important statistic in a fight. If you can hit your opponent and they can't hit you, the fight is kind of boring. Hax lets you get past AP. There's rarely a hax that counters speed.

I'm guessing because speed is the most "broken" stat? Power and durability can be dealt with if you have certain abilities, superior skill or, well speed. But if you are completely outmatched speed wise the opponent can finish you before you even think, leaving you completely helpless altogether.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Speed equalize doesn't mean the site is bad as non-equalized speed fights can happen. We make the site what it is, just like any community. We do this so that we have a large variety of possible matches. Without it, we have many characters who will possibly never be used in a fight. The simple fact is that Speed Equalization is made more for options. Hence why we note the "speed was equalized" when added. Otherwise we'd have a ton of speed stomps with Tier 4s with Infinite - Immeasurable speeds wrecking characters with MFTL+ speeds. I am sure we've had this discussion before.
YoU pARaPhRaSeD wHaT i SaId

I like how Death Battle somehow got a much smaller number for the speed of Mjolnir even when they used a far greater distance, than what they did when they calculated it with a much smaller distance.

Edit: I just did a little calculation, and the speed for Mjolnir was only 55 billionc.

Unoriginal Memes said:
I like how Death Battle somehow got a much smaller number for the speed of Mjolnir even when they used a far greater distance, than what they did when they calculated it with a much smaller distance.
Edit: I just did a little calculation, and the speed for Mjolnir was only 55 billionc.
Death battles does this a lot, they will show numbers on the screen and when you actually do the math the result is different than what they say it is.

Why take out that form in a Death Battle? We should know that a stomp doesn't mean a Death Battle won't be made. I mean, many DB's have been stomps.

Ep 113 spoilers
Theoretically Lobo (Post-Crisis) tags Superman (Post-Crisis) and Wonder Woman (Post-Crisis). Who are moving at > 8.7658128e+16 c and reacting at 3.15569258917113954e+20 c
Guess why Screwattack still let Ghost Rider win.
Because Lobo didn't have a way to put Ghost Rider down, and Zarathos exists?

Ep 113 spoilers
Screwattack themselves say Lobo is smart enough to deduce GR's weaknesses and can create or find a weapon to counter it. So the question is: can Lobo do so before GR (1) chips the soul of Lobo away using Hellfire, (2) lol Penance Stare, or (3) grabs Lobo and chews his soul away with his body - with GR's soul chewing power.

Ep 113 spoilers
Theoretically Lobo (Post-Crisis) tags Superman (Post-Crisis) and Wonder Woman (Post-Crisis). Who are moving at > 8.7658128e+16 c and reacting at 3.15569258917113954e+20 c

Ep 113 spoilers
Screwattack themselves say Lobo is smart enough to deduce GR's weaknesses and can create or find a weapon to counter it. So the question is: can Lobo do so before GR (1) chips the soul of Lobo away using Hellfire, (2) lol Penance Stare, or (3) grabs Lobo and chews his soul away with his body - with GR's soul chewing power.
Well there wrong cause unless lobo has prep there's nothing preventing zarathos from stomping his ass

Ep 113 spoilers

Ep 113 spoilers
Well there wrong cause unless lobo has prep there's nothing preventing zarathos from stomping his ass

It's not bloodlusted? Doesn't sound ic

Type 8 Immortality renders any speed advantage Lobo has. Hell, it makes it so that Lobo wouldn't even finish him off even when he was limiting his power.

He's smart enough to figure out that holy weapons are his weakness. He's also fast enough to do so.

For Ghost Rider, holy weapons are the only things that can kill The Rider, but I don't see anything inherent to Ghost Rider that would protect him if Lobo had a way to force Johnny Blaze to actively reject the Spirit of Venegeance. Its established that the transformation is 100% controlled by Johnny, and he needs to consciously allow the spirit to take over.

This is identical to the situation Lobo has been in before. He faced Bighead. Bighead would not be killed, under any circumstances, while the person wearing the mask wanted the mask on. So Lobo used a Guilt Grenade and just made the guy take it off, so he could kill him easily. Ghost Rider is a violent anti-hero whose entire life has been against his mothers wishes (she gave him up so he wouldn't become the Ghost Rider, and now look at him), so there's very little to indicate guuilt wouldn't work on him. Lobo could just force Johnny Blaze to reject the spirit and let Lobo kill his human side..

TitanCrusher101 said:
Type 8 Immortality renders any speed advantage Lobo has. Hell, it makes it so that Lobo wouldn't even finish him off even when he was limiting his power.
He's smart enough to figure out that holy weapons are his weakness. He's also fast enough to do so.
Not when the Penance Stare is an omnidirectional attack with incredible AoE. Just accept that Lobo loses.

And how would Lobo even know? Knowing about the weakness of concrete (Which was the thing he analyzed in the scan) is different from figuring out your opponent is weak to holy weapons. It's also not like it's incredibly hard to find any, and Johnny could easily go into Zarathos and crush him, or use his helllfire to burn Lobo's soul to a crisp, or use the omnidirectional Penance Stare, ore eat Lobo's soul.

Not to mention Lobo is drunk almost all of the time, which limits him in a fight. And that he's only ever used the "spotting the weaknesses in anything" ability only once or twice, meaning he hardly uses that. And without that little ability. Lobo isn't going to suddenly think Ghost Rider's weak to holy weapons when he finds out he can't do any meaningful damage.

And Lobo doesn't even really have the speed advantage anymore if he's trying to find holy weapons, which will probably require his Roadhog. Lobo's combat speed is only useful for combat, which means that he'll have to get on his Roadhog to search for holy weapons. And Ghost Rider's Hellcycle can easily keep up.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Not to mention Lobo is drunk almost all of the time, which limits him in a fight. And that he's only ever used the "spotting the weaknesses in anything" ability only once or twice, meaning he hardly uses that. And without that little ability. Lobo isn't going to suddenly think Ghost Rider's weak to holy weapons when he finds out he can't do any meaningful damage.

And Lobo doesn't even really have the speed advantage anymore if he's trying to find holy weapons, which will probably require his Roadhog. Lobo's combat speed is only useful for combat, which means that he'll have to get on his Roadhog to search for holy weapons. And Ghost Rider's Hellcycle can easily keep up.
Lobo's blood regen distracts him. Clones keeping GR busy while the original fetches a holy weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back