• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

Would canon composites be affected by this? (composites except not really since it's the same character throughout it all) Examples being Unicron and a few FF characters (mainly the main 3 recurring V bosses)

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
You can't divide things from each other into seperate continuities if we don't even know if there even is a continuity.

It's why we mash everything Mario related into a profile because he has no canon to use
Or, maybe, like our rules specify, we don't use verses that have no clear continuity instead of mashing everything together to get imaginary characters?

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
If we have characters from no real continuity then we remove many popular characters then
Alright.

I'd rather us follow our own standards than make creative exceptions for verses that don't meet them.

Mario isn't composite, we only use stuff from the games. All games published by Nintendo are confirmed to be canon, it's just that it's a loose canon; meaning the main story is simply completely out of order.

So, could anyone explain why Myths are an exception? I have no problem with it by itself, but I don't see specific reasons for it.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
So, could anyone explain why Myths are an exception? I have no problem with it by itself, but I don't see specific reasons for it.
I think the OP finally explains it.

Anyways, as the one that did Casper and Papa Smurf, I'm sure I'll need help with those, as I didn't think much of specific incarnations, especially on Casper.

I think the OP finally explains it.

Anyways, as the one that did Casper and Papa Smurf, I'm sure I'll need help with those, as I didn't think much of specific incarnations, especially on Casper.

Papa Smurf (Sony)

Heads up before anyone brings it up, I'm in the process of decompositing current Goosebumps profiles, so no need to delete them now.

In the event I die or give up or something, then y'all can proceed to nuking unworked profiles.

I am very willing to help with Neopets related stuff, although I am not very experienced/confident at editing profiles. I'm not sure if Numbersguy is active, especially in regards to the 'verse, but if he is, it may be worth it to contact him.

Still, I will gladly help with any Neopets revisions, so PLEASE contact me if any start!!!

Well, basically, the "Composite" Neopet profile needs to be divided into individual species, instead of being a combination of every single one.

Fun. Well, if nothing else, I can probably help establish which species should have what. I'm not as good/experienced at making profiles, however.

As in, just give each species of Neopet their own profile? Not that much trouble, since there's only like, 55. But again, I've only made like, 3 profiles in my life & very rarely edit profiles.

But yeah, shouldn't be too much trouble. I guess start with a revision thread to establish what and what not to include and hope people participate?

Edit: Roughly made a revision thread.

Genericstickman said:
Would canon composites be affected by this? (composites except not really since it's the same character throughout it all) Examples being Unicron and a few FF characters (mainly the main 3 recurring V bosses)

I added a copy of the current rules to the first post:

• Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.
    • Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. However, these profiles should not include exceedingly extraordinary or underwhelming feats and abilities from notable individuals of a species, and the viability of these profiles are determined on a case-by-case basis.
    • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
    • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite.

I agree. Their profiles should preferably be split into each respective canon.

Since, the rule was made, can someone link me all the pages that are fine to be delete because I want to certain of deletion as some pages are being discussed to be split into multiple pages?

Anna can stay as long as only her Awakening abilities (which are 99% of the profile) are the ones remaining. Not as a composite.

I doubt that has any major composite parts. They have three abilities, and Zero Day isn't exactly a franchise with many entries, so I don't see how they would be composites.

So after getting no responses for nearly a month, I will leave a message on Ed's and Saikou's wall explaining that Game and Watch's non-Smash key will be removed shortly. I'm mostly doing this as Ed has already conceded that there's valid arguments for this key being removed, and has left no further comment on my arguments here.

Back