• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relocating Keys to Top of Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Further help would be very appreciated in that case.

Perhaps I can include you in her private discussion with JaRB and Dereck03, so you can also receive instructions for how to properly and safely handle mass-editing via a Bot account?

Perhaps I can include you in her private discussion with JaRB and Dereck03, so you can also receive instructions for how to properly and safely handle mass-editing via a Bot account?
There should be no problem, as this project is also near its completion. ✌️ I got a bit delayed because of the storm, and I also had to change PC as well.

To ensure everything is in order, I've been running the bot for Tiers 0-6 in the background while handling other important projects. However, it seems that the bot didn't make any changes, indicating that the keys have now been correctly relocated to their appropriate positions, at least for the properly formatted Key sections. This is because the expression used by Prom (which I also use) likely detects only the correctly formatted Key sections.

I am planning to proceed with running the bot for Tier 7 and below.

Yeah I got the expression from someone on the Dev fandom wiki and showed them our pages and asked if it was possible, so they likely didn't account for incorrect formatting.
Makes sense, because the regex syntax used '''Key:''', and I also saw pages with incorrectly formatted key sections untouched as well.

There are also many ways to incorrectly format a Key, so it seems infeasible to take all of those into account with MassEdit, at least with the current regex used, and I don't know how to improve upon it either. So, I figured that part will require some manual checking instead.

There should be no problem, as this project is also near its completion. ✌️ I got a bit delayed because of the storm, and I also had to change PC as well.

To ensure everything is in order, I've been running the bot for Tiers 0-6 in the background while handling other important projects. However, it seems that the bot didn't make any changes, indicating that the keys have now been correctly relocated to their appropriate positions, at least for the properly formatted Key sections. This is because the expression used by Prom (which I also use) likely detects only the correctly formatted Key sections.

I am planning to proceed with running the bot for Tier 7 and below.
Thank you extremely much for helping out. You are amazing. 🙂🙏💖🥳🎉🎊
Yeah I got the expression from someone on the Dev fandom wiki and showed them our pages and asked if it was possible, so they likely didn't account for incorrect formatting.
Yes, the correct formatting is this:

'''Key:''' '''State 1''' | '''State 2'''

But our editors can just as easily have used this:

'''Key: State 1 | State 2'''

Or this:

'''Key''': '''State 1''' | '''State 2'''

For example.

Makes sense, because the regex syntax used '''Key:''', and I also saw pages with incorrectly formatted key sections untouched as well.

There are also many ways to incorrectly format a Key, so it seems infeasible to take all of those into account with MassEdit, at least with the current regex used, and I don't know how to improve upon it either. So, I figured that part will require some manual checking instead.
Would just using '''Key: work instead?

Okay.

I just finished relocating the properly formatted key sections for Tier 7.

And I found a reliable way to actually relocate all key sections even if they were formatted incorrectly. Here are different variations of the same section handled by the MassEdit regex.

I'll be running it in the background while handling the Discord issue. I think both of these shouldn't take more than 3 or 5 days. I'll start working on these tomorrow.

Thanks a lot. Your are a godsend for the wellbeing of our wiki. 🙏💖🙂

As I think you know, I have been trying to get @Promestein to provide instructions regarding this issue for other staff members via a DM/PM conversation.

@Elizhaa @Dereck03

Do you still have functioning Bot accounts? If you wish, I can ask our wiki representative to reactivate them otherwise, so you can more efficiently help our with these types of tasks.

Thank you extremely greatly for your help.

Yes, you have the permission to do so.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I appreciate your verbal approval. If it's acceptable to you, kindly include me in the specified sections <!--enabledusersbegins--> and <!--enabledbots--> in this page. My bot's name is ImmortalDread-bot.

The final code should looks like this once you save it:
This is intended to be a check-page for [[Wikia:AutoWikiBrowser|AutoWikiBrowser]] for users on '''VS Battles Wiki''' only. For using AWB on your wiki, please create '''Project:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage''' using the below format. For problems or support, please seek [[wikipedia:project:AWB|developmental support]].

== Global settings ==
<pre>
<nowiki>
<!--Typos-en:http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/Typos&action=raw-->
<!--Typos-ru:http://ru.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Википедия:AutoWikiBrowser/Typos&action=raw-->
<!--foo bar-->
</nowiki>
</pre>

== Enabled users ==
=== Bots ===
<!--enabledusersbegins-->
<!--enabledbots-->
  • Kav-Bot
  • AKMdroid
  • Elizhaa-Bot
  • Promezwein
  • ImmortalDread-bot
<!--enabledbotsends-->

=== Humans ===
  • AKM sama
  • Elizhaa
  • ImmortalDread
<!--enabledusersends-->

I plan to complete this task after my college hours. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hmm. It is likely more appropriate if we approve your new Bot account first after your main account has been granted content moderator rights.

Please remind me here afterwards.🙏

This is how exactly you need to do:

I made the code ready for you to copy and paste.

This is how exactly you need to do:

I made the code ready for you to copy and paste.
Done. You can begin now, I believe.

It is 1:19 am for me. I will start working on it at 8 am.

Which tiers are left to do if I may ask?
Technically, all the tiers have already been gone through, but there are likely parts that were missed for all the tiers, whether by negligence on the operator's end or the keys being incorrectly formatted. I would advise that you run through all of them again using a format that'll catch both correctly and incorrectly formatted keys to the extent that that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back