• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

No, because the games have a completely different canon and storyline. Nightfire and Everything and Nothing are completely different stories with little to no references to the original plot of the Brosnan games.

If you said that to GoldenEye, I'd have bought it, but no, it's again compositing appearances of the character out of laziness

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Triforce made a thread for dealing with Composite Link, as for Composite Mii, that can have Wii Sports and Nintendo Land separated. Wii Sports Mii was around Wall level iirc..
Wait, do we have Nintendo Land profiles?

@Joaco0902 ATM, the Composite Mii is judged based on feats from Nintendo Land such as fighting "Two Ganons" or fighting Kraid in the Metroid attraction of Nintendo Land.

Wait, why are we straight up deleting Anna from the site? I mean, yes, the composite profile has to go for obvious reasons. What I mean is, I'd like to have a replacement profile created in the place of the original. And due to the nature of the character and the probable reason why she was composited in the first place, I'd like to call out the Awakening version of the character to replace the current profile. Not only is the character a physical presence in the game, with even the possibility of marriage for her under the right conditions, but she's also the one in charge of the Outrealm Gate, which is an interdimensional portal that is basically just there to justify DLC. It also establishes Fates in the world of Awakening as well, but that's a different topic.

Also, since we're getting rid of the composite profile, a profile for the Heroes version of the character should be made as well, since this version of Anna canonically is the commander of Alfonse's army, and is a major character in the campaign.

Anna already has another profile that includes her Awakening version and her Heroes version. This one will still be here even if even if this one goes. Though, now I'm more neutral but just pointing that out.

Jason and Freddy comics are canon right? They start off directly after the events of the film. Or would this be considered extended canon?

Extended canon.

I personally think the comics are fine, but it's important to have a discussion about it.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, come to think of it, going by the last thread, we were going to better clarify what kind of composite pages that are and are not allowed, yet our current Editing Rules simply say this:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics, potentially gathered from questionable sources, and do not comply with other rules of the wiki."

This should probably be expanded upon according to our previous discussion before we proceed further.
We still really need to improve and expand on our current very limited editing rule before we do anything drastic. For example, it needs to specify that composites of the Pokémo variety are allowed and why, and likely the Looney Tunes variety as well, as they have no true canon.

Help would be very appreciated.

Personally, considering prior discussions over why composite profiles should not be allowed, I believe a better wording for that editing rule would be something along the lines of,

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable, canonical version of the character at any given point in time."

"potentially gathered from questionable sources" is a bit too vague, and would not be a problem exclusive to composite profiles. And "do not comply with other rules of the wiki" doesn't explain much other than just... it's against the rules, when the section is meant to explain why it's against the rules.

To answer Antvasima's question, however, to explain why species or creatures along the lines of Pokemon might be allowed,

"Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once."

To explain characters set in a clear but non-linear canon (such as Loony Tunes), the section I wrote up earlier could be used:

"In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may be acceptable."

Would these sections (or some variations on these sections) be acceptable explanations for what is and is not allowed?

@DarkGrath

That seems fine to me, yes, but let's wait to see what other staff members think as well.

Here is the entire new suggested text:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable, canonical version of the character at any given point in time. Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable."

Walker21232123 said:
Tom and Jerry had no canon.
They do. The original Hanna-Barbera Series, the Chuck Jones shorts, Tom and Jerry Kids, the 2000s WB Animated series, a coupla interconnected movies in the 2000s too, and the 2010s Animated series and those crappy crossover films. All of these are individual series that would have their own profiles

Please don't just assume because a character is from the 1940s they don't have a "canon". There are still definite series and reboots, even though the episodes themselves don't have a continuity. Just because Simpsons have a floating timeline doesn't mean we're compositing them across medias.

Basically anything from Hanna-Barbara and Warner Brothers needs multiple profiles for different canonicities, due to how many times they reboot long-dead franchises and make new shows and the like.

Here is the current suggested regulation text based on the other discussion thread about this topic:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.

• Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once.
  • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
  • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite."
Staff input regarding if it is acceptable would be very appreciated.

So... again, what about Myths? They are the composites of several interpretations of several story tellers who probably didn't know each other's works (some were known, obviously, but not all of them), with majority of the deities having had multiple versions over time and location depending on what the cultures saw as best fit for them.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
So... again, what about Myths? They are the composites of several interpretations of several story tellers who probably didn't know each other's works (some were known, obviously, but not all of them), with majority of the deities having had multiple versions over time and location depending on what the cultures saw as best fit for them.
The Grandfather Clause.

HenryWong122 said:
The Grandfather Clause.
yeah but why tho?

Even the normal composites were more clear in what could and couldn't be used, and in the canon used for them.

Here's it's quiet literally hearsay for the origin of most of them since there is no single canon. Literally nothing in a myth is something we can use as a base thing that all other versions can be tied to, even the names of the gods changed a lot.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
HenryWong122 said:
The Grandfather Clause.
yeah but why tho?
Even the normal composites were more clear in what could and couldn't be used, and in the canon used for them.

Here's it's quiet literally hearsay for the origin of most of them since there is no single canon. Literally nothing in a myth is something we can use as a base thing that all other versions can be tied to, even the names of the gods changed a lot.
The Greek Gods only had ever two names, the original Greek names and the Roman names.

No, not at all. The Greek gods were slowly formed out of other named gods.

Regardless, my point is, myths don't fit any of out standards for profiles except popularity, composite or not. Why would they get special treatment?

I get people put work and effort into the profile, but Composite profiles also had their fair share of research behind them.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No, not at all. The Greek gods were slowly formed out of other named gods.
Regardless, my point is, myths don't fit any of out standards for profiles except popularity, composite or not. Why would they get special treatment?

I get people put work and effort into the profile, but Composite profiles also had their fair share of research behind them.
I'm tired of talking to you. Good Bye.

I mean, your reasons for keeping the myht profiles was to make them excoections to the rules and saying that Greek gods didn't have more than two names. Neither is a reason.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Also G&W isn't getting deleted.
You could make an argument for his High 8-C key going bye-bye but Mr. Game & Watch himself isn't deletable
I made an argument for his High 8-C key going bye-bye.

My opinion hasn't really changed, there's no real justification for that key, and it's honestly worse than any composite I've seen listed on the OP. It's not even compositing under the same character, but different characters on entirely different games (which don't even match our standards for continuity or canon to begin with, as an aside) slapped together because an entirely different franchise had a representative that was loosely based on the original games, with a few trophy snippits explaining what the character in Smash is.

I'm fine with considering him an exclusive Smash Bros. character, however.

Mr Game and Watch could almost be considered a species; we consider the Writer from DC Comics a civilization/species for similar reasons.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Mr Game and Watch could almost be considered a species; we consider the Writer from DC Comics a civilization/species for similar reasons.
... I feel like this is going to be used to defend obvious composites in the future. In before someone gets the idea to make a 'Hylian' profile to circumvent the composite Link deletion.

I don't feel like I have to explain why considering G&W as a species is utterly ridiculous and isn't supported by anything, and I'd love to actually hear any evidence from you that remotely supports your conclusion.

Game and Watch is a composite Game and Watch games character. Not a species. There is a character from Smash and that's it.

I think Saikou should have the right to debate before that profile gets touched however. I do agree that simply making him a Smash character is a fine option.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think Saikou should have the right to debate before that profile gets touched however. I do agree that simply making him a Smash character is a fine option.
Alright, I'll wait for that. I've talked over the subject before, though, so hopefully there's new stuff to be brought to the table.

I agree with Dargoo on the Game and Watch matter. I do understand where the point of compositing him is coming from, but there really isn't enough basis to make them an exception.

Antvasima said:
Here is the current suggested regulation text based on the other discussion thread about this topic:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.
@All staff members

Back