• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

Antvasima said:
  • Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once.
I mean, this kind of principle is what makes stuff like Composite Human possible, which we've removed previously. Even if we exclusively apply this to fictional universes, you have some verses where the power system is technically usable by any living human being (for example, it could theoretically be possible in many Fantasy verses for a single human to have mastery of all magic, despite no human actually achieving it in-verse), which would justify a loophole of making a "Composite Human" which is actually more of a proxy for "Composite character in X-verse".

Antvasima said:
  • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
This kind of contradicts with our other rules of canon and plot requirements. We disallow verses that don't have continuity, and this seems to just provide a workaround where "well, the verse doesn't have a linear canon/continuity, but it's fair to slam everything under the same IP together and make up our own continuity".

Apologies on not commenting sooner; I've been busy with testing, which just finished, thankfully.

No, making profiles for species are nothing like composite human. A species profile would be for abilities that all members of the species have, regardless of upbringing. A wolf will have enhanced senses, a bear will be 9-B, etc.

A human will not have every skill humanity has ever had. A human species profile would be nearly blank and rated 10-B since humans are the basic assumption for all profiles.

I still think these conditions should be addressed in the rules, as this does counter profiles like Composite Human and stuff like that.

@Dargoo Faust

I would appreciate if you could write up a draft text based on the one that I posted earlier, which you find acceptable, and that allows us to keep Pokemon- and preferably Looney Tunes-style profiles.

Antvasima said:
@Dargoo Faust

I would appreciate if you could write up a draft text based on the one that I posted earlier, which you find acceptable, and that allows us to keep Pokemon- and preferably Looney Tunes-style profiles.
I don't think Looney Tunes is consistent enough for us to have profiles on them, so I don't see how that's possible.

I'm fine with drafting a version that's amicable to Pokemon, although even then I have reservations regarding as treating two of the same Pokemon as effective clones with the same powers, feats, and skills no matter how I draft it.

There is no set of abilities that 'all' members of a species will have besides possibly DNA sequencing; although even then there's variance in regards to that.

For example, the claim 'all developed, healthy adults can walk' is incorrect, as a number of healthy adults can be born paraplegic, and others can be bodybuilders who work their thighs every day of the week. A perfectly average human doesn't exist.

So obviously we're not making the profiles based on commonalities among all members of a species. To go off the rule, and examples of it being applied (Pokemon, for example), we seem to be using the strongest possible interpretation of a member of that species.

A human will not have every skill humanity has ever had. A human species profile would be nearly blank and rated 10-B since humans are the basic assumption for all profiles. You seem to be misreading the rule proposed. [B]for [I]entire[/I] species[/B] "if it can be shown that the species in question [B]would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once.[/B]" I'm not reading that as 'an average member of that species' said:
I still think these conditions should be addressed in the rules, as this does counter profiles like Composite Human and stuff like that.
I feel like that clause fixes a lot of the issues with the species rules, too.

Dargoo Faust said:
I don't think Looney Tunes is consistent enough for us to have profiles on them, so I don't see how that's possible.
I think that it would be better if we continue our discussion in the other thread, as there are more staff members participating there, especially if we are supposed to delete all of the Looney Tunes profiles and similar.

Antvasima said:
I think that it would be better if we continue our discussion in the other thread, as there are more staff members participating there, especially if we are supposed to delete all of the Looney Tunes profiles and similar.
Alright, I'll copy+paste the stuff I posted here, there.

Just read through the Looney Tunes annihilation proposal.

The way Looney Tunes should scale would much affect other comedies with inconsistent crazy feats.

Anytime a new discussion thread is made, please post a link here. Thanks.

Who are going to replace Mickey Mouse and Godzilla in the Featured section of the wiki? Perhaps just disambiguation pages?

Mickey only has 2 versions around right now (leaving composite at a side), I would go for King Mickey if you ask me, as a disambguation page for only two incarnations that already link to each other may be redundant.

We probably have to come up with other very popular and distinctive characters to link to instead if Mickey and Godzilla are removed.

We can actually make the modern Mickey Mouse shorts Mickey and Fantasia Mickey easily, and there is a House of Mouse respect thread for a 9-B Mickey, so we can get to working on them for the linking

Dargoo Faust said:
Alright, I'll wait for that. I've talked over the subject before, though, so hopefully there's new stuff to be brought to the table.
Still waiting on this. I even talked this over with Saik on Discord, and so far I haven't really been presented with much more than trophy descriptions from Smash.

Personally I think Bugs Bunny (and basically most Looney Tunes characters unless specific incarnations can be identified) is so iconic as a cartoon character and especially a Toon Force user that, instead of deleting the profile as a whole, we should simply refrain them from entering into any versus debate thread in the versus board of this site.

The current composite profile imo should stay as is, except LT characters will be banned from any versus debate thread in the versus board of this site. Looney Tunes is so iconic to be removed from any information website about fiction. Just picking a particular canon is so difficult.

Just my 2 cents.

Before making decisions here, we first have to decide how to properly word our new rule in the other thread.

So as Ant and Di and Blue says by now:

We refine our wordings on the general rule first.

Warp gate

That is why there are so many Godzilla profiles, I knew this was gonna happen someday. So I divided the Composite Profile in individual profiles.

I still haven't seen any response on the removal for G&W's High 8-C tier. Considering that Ed has already said that there's legitamate arguments for removing it, and Saikou hasn't responded despite being prompted to this thread and me having brought his attention to it off-site, I would like it to be added to the chopping block on the OP.

I disagree with Bugs getting split up in the 1st place since we don't have any proof that the comics and the show aren't canon.

Hell, we don't know if even some the EPISODES aren't canon

Thing 2 is that Bugs isn't barney, Bugs has been in plenty of combat situations and much of his hax he uses in combat or offensively

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
since we don't have any proof that the comics and the show aren't canon.
Hell, we don't know if even some the EPISODES aren't canon
Why are we assuming them to be canon in the first place?

Why do we need to disprove their canonicty if they haven't been proven to begin with?

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
We don't know if they are even non canon, we can't assume they are or they aren't
I mean, can you give me a solid sequence of events that occur and logically add up for the original toons, comics, etc?

The cartoons aren't meant to be taken as a continuous story. It's just skits and shorts with little to no rhyme or reason between them outside of what's needed to set up the next joke.

Back