• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

I just noticed what they are doing with Bugs. Pink panther would fit under the same thing. He should be fine then probably. His page only considered two cartoons

Have everybody here inspected the new rules, so we do not remove any pages that do not need to be?

So far only Composite Godzilla has been decimated.

And Shaggy has been revamped.

That is it.

Okay. Were the tabbers at the top of the Godzilla profile pages updated accordingly?

PaChi2 said:
Anna can stay as long as only her Awakening abilities (which are 99% of the profile) are the ones remaining. Not as a composite.
^ Rename Anna (Fire Emblem Composite) into Anna (Fire Emblem Awakening) and there you go. Or Anna (Fire Emblem) and split it into Awakening and Heroes. Though now 3 Houses Anna exists. Whatever, really.

It looks like Spaw is composite for his base, according to the profile's key, so I think that first key for his profile should be rearranged and separated into different profiles for each base canon.

The Spawn comicbook uses one canon in theory, yes, but I have read that it has been inconsistent/incoherent over the years.

What currently needs to be done here, in summary?

I think Lara Croft does, since it seems to include all her games and I'm fairly certain not all of them are canon to each other. Could be wrong, didn't play much.

Elizhaa said:
Since, the rule was made, can someone link me all the pages that are fine to be delete because I want to certain of deletion as some pages are being discussed to be split into multiple pages?
bump

Antvasima said:
What currently needs to be done here, in summary?
Most composite pages need to be seperated before they are fine to delete;d its looks most of these pages are still not separated here.

For this case, I think we can go with this choice: Composite profiles will be deleted but their delete source codes will be posted here so supporters can used for splitting the profile canon versions, I think this process is more efficient.

Any opinions, everyone?

I would also appreciate if more people actively help out with this.

Elizhaa said:
For this case, I think we can go with this choice: Composite profiles will be deleted but their delete source codes will be posted here so supporters can used for splitting the profile canon versions, I think this process is more efficient.
Any opinions, everyone?
I disagree with this. Yes, it is taking a long time for these processes to push through, but trying to rush things may end up hurting us. And considering that our forums will be axed in a couple of months, I believe the best course of action is simply proceeding as we are now, instead of risking losing all of the source codes to the profiles.

However, I do agree with Ant that more active participation is really needed at this point in time.

I guess its makes sense. I just wanted to let you know the codes would not be loss since content moderators, admins, and bureaucrats could still retrieved them from the deletion logs.

why did composite godzilla get deleted?

there is no canon godzilla, we consider any licensed godzilla canon as there is no main timeline and stuff. There is like 20 different godzilla profiles and none of them are being used much as there is too many. Composite godzilla was the perfect solution for a main godzilla profile, yet now it is gone and practically undiscussed.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Because there is no Godzilla who has all of that, and they are explicitly different entities (most of the time).
"In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable."

pretty sure it falls perfectly into the description

There's been a new rule regarding composites. The new one forbids mixing continuities to creating a composite character.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
There's been a new rule regarding composites. The new one forbids mixing continuities to creating a composite character.
(whisper) that's a load of barnicleeees

Wait so Composite Scooby Doo is allowed since (excluding Apocalypse and some of the resent movies) most of the stuff exists in the same continuity

I think that Scooby-Doo is allowed for the cartoons that are in the same continuity.

On a slightly unrelated note:

"In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable."

This rule either doesn't make sense, or is poorly worded, since

• I legit don't know what it means and who it applies for, and I've asked a couple of staff members
  • Even then, in the current state this is just baiting loopholes to exist and justify pointless composites once more.

I mean, is that justified? Gags with no correlation don't seem prime profile materials.

He certainly can't do everything he does all at once.

I do not know. The Looney Tunes profiles are probably not particularly reliable, but feature major pop-culture icons.

This profile isn't a Composite at first sight, but it's obviously one.

Darkrai is an incarnation of every Darkrai from every media, and while Pokémon has its own rules regarding canon because of a few statements, there are several contradictions with this such as the general mindset and morality of the different Darkrais. CryoTheMayo explained this much better.

This is a serious case of adding everything from every media into the same character, even if the depictions of each Darkrai are completely different from each other.

The obvious solution is to split the profile according to each incarnation, because the way it seems, this is deliberately violating the rules of the wiki under the argument that Pokémon has a green light (which should seriously be revised considering this is a thing).

Back