• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relocating Keys to Top of Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. The coding in that section is kind of confusing to me.

Okay. The coding in that section is kind of confusing to me.
Me too, but I asked it before months of what its purpose and no one gave me a proper answer.

Yes. I removed all regular non-bot accounts from that list, except for AKM.
May I inquire if it's possible to include my name, considering I spent several hours meticulously cleaning up the formatting of pages?

Last edited:
Me too, but I asked it before months of what its purpose and no one gave me a proper answer.
Maybe you can ask Ya Boi King Kai about if it is better to keep or remove that section?
May I inquire if it's possible to include my name, considering I spent several hours meticulously cleaning up the formatting of pages?
I suppose so, but it will spam our recent changes page, so it has to be removed later.

Maybe you can ask Ya Boi King Kai about if it is better to keep or remove that section?
Alright, sure.
I suppose so, but it will spam our recent changes page, so it has to be removed later.
I was not technically spamming; instead, I was engaging in semi-automation to improve these pages (you can review each edit I made, and they were all positive). However, I believe it's time for me to take a break. Semi-automation, in this context, refers to the practice of personally reviewing each edit before implementing changes.

I will resume fixing the pages when I have the opportunity to do so again.

Last edited:
Alright, sure.
Thank you. 🙏
I was not technically spamming; instead, I was engaging in semi-automation to improve these pages (you can review each edit I made, and they were all positive). However, I believe it's time for me to take a break. Semi-automation, in this context, refers to the practice of personally reviewing each edit before implementing changes.

I will resume fixing the pages when I have the opportunity to do so again.
I just meant that mass-editing in general takes up a massive amount of space in our recent changes page unless edits from administrators and content moderators are automatically filtered away by choosing this option.

Bot account edits are automatically hidden there though.

I just meant that mass-editing in general takes up a massive amount of space in our recent changes page unless edits from administrators and content moderators are automatically filtered away by choosing this option.
I am aware, I admit. Seems I will do this in small amount next time, I will try to set up my schedule for this. Thanks for the note.
Bot account edits are automatically hidden there though.
Mhm, but I was evaluating every edit by myself. So it was not a bot running, I was, but in an efficient way.

Sorry for causing any possible trouble.

@Antvasima @IdiosyncraticLawyer would you mind explaining what exactly is left to do here? I just ran through nearly half of the pages in tier 8 and only got 2 pings (I used regex that checked for properly formatted "Key:" and the commonly used "Keys:"). Mind you, 1 of those 2 pings was a mistake I purposely made myself to check to see if the bot was working, and the other wasn't even a mistake with the keys, it was just a conflicting edit made in the past (look at the bottom right, "skipped" denotes that it was already fixed)

@Antvasima @IdiosyncraticLawyer would you mind explaining what exactly is left to do here? I just ran through nearly half of the pages in tier 8 and only got 2 pings (I used regex that checked for properly formatted "Key:" and the commonly used "Keys:"). Mind you, 1 of those 2 pings was a mistake I purposely made myself to check to see if the bot was working, and the other wasn't even a mistake with the keys, it was just a conflicting edit made in the past (look at the bottom right, "skipped" denotes that it was already fixed)
Technically, this is already entirely done; I just wanted Dread to run through it again because Promestein mentioned that her MassEdit algorithm potentially missed some stuff.

I can confirm it has in fact missed some pages, I have personally moved some manually while bolding stuff as per the new mass site edit we're doing

Ironically I just got an actual ping on Living Laser that was an actual mistake, so yea I guess it is worth going through them all again. If Dread isn't back I believe I could do this. In that scenario, anybody have any ideas for improperly formatted things to check for ? I feel like "Keys:" is the most common, but anything else?
Butler compiled this list a while ago:
I just finished relocating the properly formatted key sections for Tier 7.

And I found a reliable way to actually relocate all key sections even if they were formatted incorrectly. Here are different variations of the same section handled by the MassEdit regex.

I'll be running it in the background while handling the Discord issue. I think both of these shouldn't take more than 3 or 5 days. I'll start working on these tomorrow.

@Catzlaflame How much progress have you made?
If Dread isn't back I believe I could do
I re-cleared tier 8 of the standard format variation + the "Keys:" variation and notified users who made new profiles with the mistake; other than that I am waiting to see if Dread is returning or not because they tend to get pretty annoyed when other people work on stuff they started. In a scenario where they don't, I'd likely prioritize the bolding project though since I think that's more important

I re-cleared tier 8 of the standard format variation + the "Keys:" variation and notified users who made new profiles with the mistake; other than that I am waiting to see if Dread is returning or not because they tend to get pretty annoyed when other people work on stuff they started. In a scenario where they don't, I'd likely prioritize the bolding project though since I think that's more important
@ImmortalDread

I think that you and other staff members can freely continue with finishing the key-fixing project if you wish.

Thanks a lot for helping out. 🙏❤️👍

I will do a complete 30k check-up to check if there are any possible missing pages.

Apologies for any delay and inconveniences.

No problem at all. It is very understandable. 🙏

Scanning through 17k+ pages, I fixed at far only two pages that are missed by Prom.

This thread can be closed. The chances of “being” missed is very insignificant to require an additional check-up.

However, I saw many pages with no keys.

Scanning through 17k+ pages, I fixed at far only two pages that are missed by Prom.

This thread can be closed. The chances of “being” missed is very insignificant to require an additional check-up.

However, I saw many pages with no keys.
Well, not every profile needs keys. If that's how you see the situation, though, I'll look into scanning the pages with AWB myself.

It took 3 hours+ to only scan more than half of them (still running while we are chatting) and I found only two relevant pages.

You can do it again and wait for 6 hours+ if you suspect there is significant quantity that are being missed.

Recent Changes (Only bot edits): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/S...s=1&limit=1000&days=1&enhanced=1&urlversion=2

The first two profiles are relevant to this project, while the rest involve basic wiki fixes.

I can't stay all night, and as the process develops, I doubt there are any additional-missed pages.

Feel free to work on this in your free time without needing to keep this thread open.

Therefore, in my consideration, I believe this can be closed.

Statistics:
  • 17000+ skips
  • 5 edits
    • 2 relevant edits
  • 3 hours and 15 minutes

Last edited:
Recent Changes (Only bot edits): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/S...s=1&limit=1000&days=1&enhanced=1&urlversion=2

The first two profiles are relevant to this project, while the rest involve basic wiki fixes.

I can't stay all night, and as the process develops, I doubt there are any additional-missed pages.

Feel free to work on this in your free time without needing to keep this thread open.

Therefore, in my consideration, I believe this can be closed.
It'll be a while before I can do that, as AWB doesn't work on Mac, and all my non-Mac computers are currently being repaired.

I understand your perspective completely, but I still fail to see the purpose of keeping the thread open for such insignificant quantity. I believe this task can be postponed until you've completed your current priorities.

My argument is supported by the statistical evidence I presented earlier. There is no significant issue or “major concern” that justifies keeping this thread active. In a thorough review of 17,000 pages, I only identified two instances where there might be a concern. Therefore, the number of potentially missed pages is minimal.

I'm not insisting that everyone must agree with my viewpoint. We can choose to keep the thread open, and anyone who has the time and resources available to run a script for a thorough six-hour check is welcome to do so at their convenience.

Thanks a massive lot for all of your help. 🙏❤️

I also think that we can close this thread then. Thank you greatly to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back