• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Decisions (not yet finalised) from the last thread

To discuss and report: profile pages that need to be removed, profile pages to be reworked and split, and updating all of the pages that link to them

Important Notice

Antvasima said:
Let's wait with deleting profiles until after we have decided how to modify our rules regarding what is and isn't allowed please.
Current list of possible composite character profiles

Character Suggested treatments Decision/Status
Anna (Fire Emblem Composite) Thanos decimated
Barbie (Movies) Current Barbie profile should be split according to her films and animated shows
Billy Lee Stay
BlackÔÿàRock Shooter (Composite) Thanos decimated
Bugs Bunny (Composite) To split into Bugs Bunny (Comics) and Bugs Bunny (Cartoon). Possibly more profiles in other media if differentiated enough. (Under discussion whether to delete all characters from the Looney Tunes verse)
To be refrained from any versus debates in the versus board of this site due to difficulty in identifying any canon versus joke/gag feats.
Calypso (Twisted Metal) Stay as still within the Twisted Metal game
Casper the Friendly Ghost (Composite) Split into Ghostbusters debut and any more profile according to the media appearance
Composite Mii Composite profile to be Thanos decimated.
All different Mii incarnations in different media/games should be interconnected by top tabs.
Composite Ruler (Crusader Kings 2) To split into different profile/key phase for different race and class from its game
Crash Bandicoot (Character) Stay as game canon Crash and Skylanders Crash
Daffy Duck Same treatment as Bugs Bunny
Daphne (Cartoon), Fred (Cartoon), Shaggy Rogers (Cartoon), Scooby Doo (Cartoon), Velma (Cartoon) Current profile should stay with match results but restrict to Scooby Doo original cartoon feats. Note that there is a reboot since 1987. So maybe make multiple profiles for multiple era or works.
Death (Folklore), The Big Bad Wolf, The Bogeyman (Folklore) Stay (due to the nature of folklore being too diverse among folks - sorting among different folks can be more tedious than doing on Pokemon)
Devilman (Composite), Satan (Composite Devilman) Split into different profiles for different timelines and given set continuity/media
Dirk the Daring Stay
Elmer Fudd Same treatment as Bugs Bunny
Felix the Cat (Composite) Current Barbie profile should be split according to his different works
Fortuna Stay(?), but with key phases for different personas perhaps(?)
Garfield To split into Garfield (Comics) and Garfield (Cartoon). Possibly more profiles in other media if differentiated enough.
Gargantuar (Plants vs Zombies) Stay
GARO (Composite) To split according to different media (Tokusatsu, anime and likely more)
Ghostface (Composite) Thanos decimated/To split according to different people carrying the title
(for instance this Captain Falco covers Andy Summer and Ryu Suzaku has his own profile though he is the next Captain Falcon)
Godzilla (Composite) Thanos decimated
Hachune Miku, Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin/Le, Lily (VOCALOID), MEIKO, Megurine Luka and basically all VOCALOID characters Due to the multi-media nature of the characters, we are forced to use each composite version of all their official appearances. Separate specific key phases for specific and highly notable artwork appearances are recommended though.
Henry Stickmi Stay(?); but needs to specify which equipment/skill he has (for each fight can limit some of his equipment/skill)
Hero of Lore (Composite) Split into different games. Similar treatment with Link (Composite)
James Bond (Composite) To split into different timelines that can be considered separate continuities. Add fresh profile for new game/media.
Kermit the Frog (Composite) To split according to different media appearances (unless some works share the same canon)
King Kong (Composite) Thanos decimated - split any specific feats into separate rpofiles according to works in media
Kuzco Stay
Lightning McQuee Split into different media/works
Link (Composite) Thanos decimated
Mazinger Z Stay
Michael Myers Split according to each Halloween timeline or each crossover work
Mickey Mouse (Composite) Similar treatment as Bugs Bunny
Mr. Game & Watch Stay(?)
Normal Neopet Wonder if the whole verse needs to be reworked. But I am not comfortable to snap it away straight.
Papa Smurf Split according to media
Plok Stay
Princess Zelda Same treatment as Link
Red (Angry Birds) The most well-known version is the video game version, then the movie version. Again, split into different versions (OP Bird and NP Bird may share the same profile). Has to acknowledge the difficulty to realise feat yields from the game direct.
Sadako Yamamura Stay
Scrooge McDuck Stay
Scorpion (Injustice Composite), Superman (Injustice Composite) Stay
The Awake Stay
The Doctor (Doctor Who) Stay according to this guy
The Mask Stay (with reclassification to Comics!Mask, Movies!Mask, Anime!Mask, Joker-Mask and Lobo (Post-Crisis) Mask) be reworked according
The Player (Neverwinter) To split into different profile/key phase for different race and class from its game
The Lakewood Slasher (Composite) Stay
Turok Stay
Vecna (basically characters from Dungeons and Dragons) To be discussed separately
William Blazkowicz Stay(?)
Willy Wonka (Composite) Stay(?)
XCOM Soldier (Composite) Stay but split into different key phases for different roles, or limit equipment for different roles picked
One special request for RPG characters to classify by career: key phases should be set for each character picking one career and needs to go through procedures for a non-instantaneous change in career.

Here are the new rules:

• Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.
    • Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. However, these profiles should not include exceedingly extraordinary or underwhelming feats and abilities from notable individuals of a species, and the viability of these profiles are determined on a case-by-case basis.
    • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
    • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite.

This thread is for sorting out which composite threads are to be deleted, which are to be split into several profiles etc.

Once the profile classifications are done, the requests for profiles to be deleted can be sent to the profile deletion thread.

Can somebody in the staff rewrite the first post to get a better title and summary explanation please?

Kinda surprised Princess Zelda isn't on that special list of composites considering her profile is a mash up of all the different Zeldas in the series.

If her profile mashups every appearance she had at this point, she qualifies as a composite.

It's essentially the same thing Composite Link is, and he's getting nuked.

So you Will have to work on every different incarnation.

Ehhhh

Henry Stickmi

Need to make sure here.

This Henry is a composite Henry of every single option in all of his games. Most of his abilities come from his "fails" which aren't considered canon.

However my objection is that he'd thereotically have access to these abilities as they're presented as choices he can take... It's just that in that situation it'd lead to a fail.

However it's up to you guys i guess

The Calaca said:
If her profile mashups every appearance she had at this point, she qualifies as a composite.

It's essentially the same thing Composite Link is, and he's getting nuked.

So you Will have to work on every different incarnation.
There's only four incarnations worth having profiles. OoT due to Sheik, Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, and Breath of the Wild. Also the non-canon ones.

Devilma and Sata should be deleted, as their profiles a mash-up of alternate timelines and reset continuities (excluding Devilman Lady, which is canon to the original). I can make other, non-composite profiles in the future.

Also G&W isn't getting deleted.

You could make an argument for his High 8-C key going bye-bye but Mr. Game & Watch himself isn't deletable

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

You're not welcome. I'm still against this. This is begrudging.

...that was too mean. You didn't do anything, Ant. I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you.

Anyway, come to think of it, going by the last thread, we were going to better clarify what kind of composite pages that are and are not allowed, yet our current Editing Rules simply say this:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics, potentially gathered from questionable sources, and do not comply with other rules of the wiki."

This should probably be expanded upon according to our previous discussion before we proceed further.

I don't think there is anything to add to be honest, except that:

• Under special cases, the wiki allows for species to be composited if there is minimalistic difference amongst them alongside little significance to the actual plot of the verse.
That should cover all the Pokémon and Digimon profiles alongside generic minions, right?

Well, we are gonna need the basic coding of the to be deleted composite profiles, including the match results, so they can be moved to the Joke battle wiki instead of being lost forever.

Can somebody check through what was said in the previous thread regarding exceptions, and then summarise it here?

Zark2099 said:
Time to make a Composite Battles Wiki
I mean, I don't think I'd plan to do that myself, and I wouldn't ask anyone else to do it, but in all honesty that does sound like a good way to handle it.

Antvasima said:
Can somebody check through what was said in the previous thread regarding exceptions, and then summarise it here?
Here's a basic summary.

Pretty much all composites should be banned. However, there are some profiles that, while appearing to be composites, should still be allowed (such as Pokemon). While these may appear to be composites, given that they describe things such as entire species or just characters with the same capabilities and capacities as other characters, they are essentially "canonically composite". They should be exceptions since they essentially exist within the canon.

Honestly, that explanation does work, it could probably just be a bit more precise.

I thought that there was an exception for prominent characters with no coherent canon, such as Bugs Bunny, as well.

For Bugs Bunny specifically, the way it should be handled wasn't 100% concluded in the original thread. One of the main suggestions with the most support seemed to be to simply composite the individual versions of the character (like separating the comics version from the cartoon version). If we handle it like this, how should that be explained in the rules?

EDIT: If that is how we end up handling it (which I'm not saying we necessarily should, mind you), then here's a potential explanation that could be used:

• In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may be acceptable.
(I've reworded it, as such a profile would not technically be a composite. It would only include the depictions that take place in the same canonicity, and it would essentially just feature the version of the character at the latest point in the timeline, similar to "End-Game" keys for game characters, so it likely wouldn't truly be considered a composite profile.)

The Doctor is fine thanks to the openness of Doctor Who's canonicity (plus there would be much bigger revisions if we decided to neglect the EU since that's what half our ratings are based on)

Secondly the Injustice stuff is fine (that page's usage of Composite is slightly misleading)

Also while Michael could be separate pages each Halloween timeline is clearly split up with little cross scaling

If you mean the EU then ok we can have that discussion but I'm still in opposition

Perhaps you could ask the staff members who contributed to the previous thread to help out here as well?

I'll ask Saikou, Medeus, Sera, and Dargoo. Anyone else who should be involved?

EDIT: Dargoo is currently inactive due to finals, and will be until the 15th, so I will not contact him for now.

I do not remember so well. Sorry. But you can check through the previous thread on your own for contributors if you wish.

ByAsura said:
Devilma and Sata should be deleted, as their profiles a mash-up of alternate timelines and reset continuities (excluding Devilman Lady, which is canon to the original). I can make other, non-composite profiles in the future.
I think all the characters in Go Nagai verse need to be reworked. Someone just needs to sit down and take the time to properly do them, instead of rushing and skimming through all the material scrounging for the best feats.

I think all the characters in Go Nagai verse need to be reworked. Someone just needs to sit down and take the time to properly do them, instead of rushing and skimming through all the material scrounging for the best feats.

There is only Devilman manga and Devilman anime

Just rework on the anime counterparts, kick all the manga feats back to the manga profiles and we are done.

Back