• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"It's difficult, but if we work together, it's possible! Noah, change of plans! I'll use myself as bait to gather them around us! You use your smoke to make them all explode in bulk when I do! Then, we burn the blood so they can't regenerate!" Jeanne ordered, her sword colliding with one of the enhanced soldiers. Their muscle density was high, and her blows had long since gone weak from fighting enemies for what seemed like forever... but, she didn't care. Coating her blade in Aura and making that Aura spin, she created a chain blade of sorts. The rotations greatly enhanced her cutting power, allowing her to cleave the thing directly in half.
"You fight well, my friend..." Erebus replied, having fond memories of how his comrades fought, said courage turning into friendly rage— a rage still cracking at the seems of his soul but one not use in anger... but of recollection.

Watching as the young woman coat her sword with Aura, Erebus analyzed and applied the same method with all his weapons and armament, "It's not time yet..." he thought, something about his newfound items from his vacation had given new things to use, but not to throw them out all in a fight where usage of his trump cards wouldn't be as imperative nor practical under the circumstances he and their group are in

Having the aura coated in more black, he charged towards the horde of more enhanced soldiers, vaulting into a backward slash, cleaving things in half as his other free hand threw out black chained daggers, blasting his cannon near Ashrune to further increase momentum and cutting power, blasting him high up only to plummet swinging his sword down another soldier

"You fight well, my friend..." Erebus replied, having fond memories of how his comrades fought, said courage turning into friendly rage— a rage still cracking at the seems of his soul but one not use in anger... but of recollection.

Watching as the young woman coat her sword with Aura, Erebus analyzed and applied the same method with all his weapons and armament, "It's not time yet..." he thought, something about his newfound items from his vacation had given new things to use, but not to throw them out all in a fight where usage of his trump cards wouldn't be as imperative nor practical under the circumstances he and their group are in

Having the aura coated in more black, he charged towards the horde of more enhanced soldiers, vaulting into a backward slash, cleaving things in half as his other free hand threw out black chained daggers, blasting his cannon near Ashrune to further increase momentum and cutting power, blasting him high up only to plummet swinging his sword down another soldier
(Tiniest of nitpicks: Only humans can utilize Aura/Chi/Life Energy whatever you wanna call it, so Erebus would be applying the same technique to his weapons with Mana/Magic, instead of aura, since he's a Rakshashin. Irrelevant, just wanted to point out the difference between the two energy sources.)

(Tiniest of nitpicks: Only humans can utilize Aura/Chi/Life Energy whatever you wanna call it, so Erebus would be applying the same technique to his weapons with Mana/Magic, instead of aura, since he's a Rakshashin. Irrelevant, just wanted to point out the difference between the two energy sources.)
(I didn't really specify what he used, but we can say that he did use Mana/Magic to simulate what Jeanne was doing with her Aura, just adding his own spin to it)

"Right... I'm getting to that part." Cain murmured, her eyes zeroing in on the needles, and their exact positions in his body. Insertion was completed. But removing them was an entirely different issue entirely. There was not a single margin for error here. Even the tiniest, most microscopic twitch of the needles as they were removed would be instant death for Siglos.

And that... was something she couldn't let happen.

Cain's breathing sped up with each passing moment, as her hands inched closer and closer to the needles placed in his shoulders. It needed to perfect. It needed to be perfect. Even a muscle fiber twitching would throw it all off.

"Perfect... perfect... perfect... perfect... perfect... perfect...!

She moved with more precision and speed than she ever had in that moment. Her eyes were red, pulsating with stress and focus. She removed the needles in his shoulders with blinding speed, then released her own Magic, causing the small structures to dissipate... Nothing happened.

She continued to repeat this process, keeping her focus heightened, not leaving any margin of error in her movements. Everything had to be perfect. And everything would be perfect. She continued to remove each and every needle from his mangled form- No bleed spewed from his body, his form not even being able to process pain due to how fast the needles were removed.

...Nothing happened. For a few moments, at least.

Siglos would feel a sharp sensation go across his body, causing his form to immediately stiffen. It was as if he had been given a hardy pat on the back, which had caused him to temporarily freeze from surprise, stiffening his stance. There was pain, yes... but compared to what he had just experienced, the pain wasn't even worth noting.

And then... fresh oxygen flowed through Siglos's magical lungs, his chest finally moving with a semblance of rhythm, as it should. He could feel himself against the rough cobblestone... actually feel it, and not just have the sensation replaced by uncontrollable agony. He could smell, his blood no longer clogged by blood. He could see, his eyes no longer clouded with crimson. And he could taste his own sweat and tears in his mouth. He could... move. With pain, yes, but he could move.

"It... it worked..." Cain's eyes widened, "H-Holy shit... this worked? This worked??? I've... I've literally never done that before. *****... *****, how? He's ***** alive!!!"
Siglos said nothing for a long moment...his eyes staring up at the ceiling above.

Relief.

It was a strange feeling. To be so close to death's door. To feel such agonizing...excruciating pain dull into what was barely a dull ache in comparison. To feel his lungs...mercifully, fill themselves fully with air...without scrapping against the bloodied remains of his ruined organs. To smell something other than the acrid scent of his own blood....to actually...see clearly. Not in distorted...crimson shapes...but actually see. To be able to comprehend what was around him with the pain scrambling his thoughts, without the torturous sensation setting his flesh aflame.

Slowly...carefully...he sat up, his matted, dust-covered hair falling against his dirty cheek. Slowly...carefully he took a deep...long breath...

Before vomiting onto the cobblestone, the man hacking and coughing as a mixture of saliva and blood, and bile splattered onto the ground below.

"Haah....Haaah.....haaaah....." He coughed, rubbing his mouth with his sleeve.

"......."

".............."

"....C-Cain?" Siglos said softly.

Siglos said nothing for a long moment...his eyes staring up at the ceiling above.

Relief.

It was a strange feeling. To be so close to death's door. To feel such agonizing...excruciating pain dull into what was barely a dull ache in comparison. To feel his lungs...mercifully, fill themselves fully with air...without scrapping against the bloodied remains of his ruined organs. To smell something other than the acrid scent of his own blood....to actually...see clearly. Not in distorted...crimson shapes...but actually see. To be able to comprehend what was around him with the pain scrambling his thoughts, without the torturous sensation setting his flesh aflame.

Slowly...carefully...he sat up, his matted, dust-covered hair falling against his dirty cheek. Slowly...carefully he took a deep...long breath...

Before vomiting onto the cobblestone, the man hacking and coughing as a mixture of saliva and blood, and bile splattered onto the ground below.

"Haah....Haaah.....haaaah....." He coughed, rubbing his mouth with his sleeve.

"......."

".............."

"....C-Cain?" Siglos said softly.
"That... that is my name, yes." Cain said with a breath, falling backward onto her arse, now finally able to hear the ongoing bloodshed as her focus was broken.

"That... that is my name, yes." Cain said with a breath, falling backward onto her arse, now finally able to hear the ongoing bloodshed as her focus was broken.
"..........."

"....C-Cain...." Siglos repeated slightly. His ears twitched, his arms pressing into the filthy, blood-covered ground beneath him as he slowly moved onto his knees.

"...I...I...I'm a-alive...C-Cain." He whispered. It was almost as if he...didn't believe it. As if he was dreaming, somehow.

"...I...I'm....I'm. alive..."

"..........."

"....C-Cain...." Siglos repeated slightly. His ears twitched, his arms pressing into the filthy, blood-covered ground beneath him as he slowly moved onto his knees.

"...I...I...I'm a-alive...C-Cain." He whispered. It was almost as if he...didn't believe it. As if he was dreaming, somehow.

"...I...I'm....I'm. alive..."
"Yeah, because I saved you, dickweed." Cain grunted, slowly beginning to get up as well. The process may not have seemed arduous... but it seemed to have taken a lot out of her, to have to focus so hard, and move so quickly.

"Yeah, because I saved you, dickweed." Cain grunted, slowly beginning to get up as well. The process may not have seemed arduous... but it seemed to have taken a lot out of her, to have to focus so hard, and move so quickly.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, slowly, painfully getting onto his feet. His legs locked underneath him, the man barely able to keep himself from falling as he carefully relaxed his joints.

"...A-Alright..." He said softly. Slowly, he glanced towards the...abominations the group was fighting, taking a quiet, shaky breath.

"...I...I g-guess...you saved me...s-so we c-could escape...y-yes?" Siglos muttered. Idly, he dusted off some of the dirt from the tattered remains of his tunic...a rather futile effort, all things considered.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, slowly, painfully getting onto his feet. His legs locked underneath him, the man barely able to keep himself from falling as he carefully relaxed his joints.

"...A-Alright..." He said softly. Slowly, he glanced towards the...abominations the group was fighting, taking a quiet, shaky breath.

"...I...I g-guess...you saved me...s-so we c-could escape...y-yes?" Siglos muttered. Idly, he dusted off some of the dirt from the tattered remains of his tunic...a rather futile effort, all things considered.
"...Wow. Guy gets his life saved and the first thing he does is question my intentions instead of thanking the person who saved his life." Cain sighed, swiftly hopping onto her feet.

"...Wow. Guy gets his life saved and the first thing he does is question my intentions instead of thanking the person who saved his life." Cain sighed, swiftly hopping onto her feet.
"....We can...talk later, Cain." Siglos said quietly. He rubbed one of his eyes, gingerly bending down to retrieve his brown bag from the ground below. His eyes scanned cautiously around the area around him...almost as if he was scared another group of soldiers...or whatever abominations they were...would appear from the shadows.

"...I don't...I just want to do what we need to do...a-and leave. Surely...you can forgive me for that much."

"A thank you wouldn't even take 5 damn seconds of the life I saved..." Cain thought to herself, before simply sighing. It didn't matter whether he was actually grateful, what mattered was, as he said, finishing whatever job they needed to do and getting out of her.

"Duck." She said out of nowhere, spawning a dagger in her hand. Expecting Siglos to duck at her command, she launched a knife at him, which, should he do so on time, would violently collide with one of the soldiers creeping up behind him, blowing through its head like a cannon-ball.

Siglos ducked a second later then prompted, the dagger whizzing above him the moment before it would have impacted his skull, he glanced at the creature as Cain blasted it apart, its remains splattered across his flesh and fabric.

“…haaah…” The Everian stared at the abomination, his eyes wide, desperate. Quickly, he fumbled with one of the rings in his fingers, pointing the red jewel at its center at the fallen foe.

“D-Die….d…DIE…” He yelped out. A quick, gout of flame erupted from the ruby on the jewel, the magic burning into the creature's flesh. Siglos continued this...for a long time. His eyes trained on the corpse as he blasted flame after flame onto the soldier's corpse. He didn't blink...he barely even breathed, his eyes locked in a fearful, almost paranoid gaze as he watched as the flesh slowly turned to char...the weak flame working on its injured body...assuming it did not get back up.

Last edited:
Siglos…ignored her. No, it was more accurate to say he didn’t hear her at all, his focus was…entirely, on the monster before him. His body trembled, his quiet breath barely escaping the confines of his small, quivering lips. His eyes were…different. Hard…but also so…so frightened, akin to a small animal, cornered, lashing out at a perceived threat in a desperate bid for survival.

“…d-die…p-please, die…” He continued to mutter to himself, the flame dancing through the air as covered the corpse below.

"OI!" Cain, realizing he was not listening to her, took a more forceful approach. She gripped him by his wrist with her large, clawed hand, hopefully breaking his concentration and halting the flow of mana through his artifact.

"Look, it's dead. All burnt up. See?" She grunted, looking down at the burnt corpse, there barely being any char left of the thing... whatever was left would only twitch every few moments, but, it would not regenerate. Unable to die, but unable to reform.

Siglos flinched his head immediately turning to face Cain’s. His eyes were wide, his wrist trembling ever so slightly within her powerful grip.

“Haaah….haaah…” He breathed out, the beating of his heart almost audible within his chest. He glanced down at the corpse, as if seeing it for the first time. The flames dissipated from the artifact, the burning flame slowly disappearing from the ash.

“……”

And with a small, quick motion…he hugged the Rakshashin, his free hand wrapping across her pale skin.

“………”

“….T….thank you…” He said quietly.

"......" Cain immediately froze in place, not expecting this. She didn't know how respond. As in, she couldn't respond. There was no training, no preparation or practice that could've prepared her for this scenario.

"...uh... You're welcome....?"

"......" Cain immediately froze in place, not expecting this. She didn't know how respond. As in, she couldn't respond. There was no training, no preparation or practice that could've prepared her for this scenario.

"...uh... You're welcome....?"
“…..” Siglos said nothing for a moment, taking a soft breath.

“…I j-just need…need a moment. I…” Siglos said nothing, his arms wrapped tightly around the woman.

“I’m fine…I’m fine…” He muttered. He lingered in their one sided embrace for a few moments longer, before slowly letting go, his arms returning to his side.

“S-sorry…I…I know now…wasn’t a good time…” He said softly.

"Now-" Cain, before she could complete her sentence, dashed behind Siglos with blinding speed, slashing an entire score of soldiers down with her bare hand before they could get to Siglos. "Definitely isn't a good time, yeah... You're the only one here who knows how to work whatever teleportation circles that aren't exploded. Keep yourself safe."

@Oliver_de_jesus

Meanwhile, Jeanne had been executing her plan, slowly, but surely gathering the soldiers around herself and Noah, leaving basically the entire bulk of whatever forces were left surrounding those two, and leaving Noah to explode them like balloons. "Noah, now!'

The scorched remains spewed across the area as Noah exploded the rest of the enemies from the inside out, the blood sizzling on the material beneath.

"Ahhh!!" Jeanne slammed her fist against the ground, the scarlet fire from before spewing from her blackened fist. The mush was reduced to char, the ash merely dancing in the air... and it was over.

The scorched remains spewed across the area as Noah exploded the rest of the enemies from the inside out, the blood sizzling on the material beneath.

"Ahhh!!" Jeanne slammed her fist against the ground, the scarlet fire from before spewing from her blackened fist. The mush was reduced to char, the ash merely dancing in the air... and it was over.
Erebus stopped his attacks as he walked to his group, putting his blade to his side.

"Great work." he said, walking to Jeanne and patting her shoulder as he passes by.

"Haaa... haaa... yeah..." Jeanne breathed heavily, on the precipice of falling to her knees. She closed her eyes as tightly as possible to deal with the burning pain in her chest and arm... before letting out a sigh, opening her eyes.

"We... did it."

Siglos…slowly walked up behind the group, the tatters of his robes hanging limply from his flesh. He thumbed one of his rings uncertainly, his eyes scanning the room.

“……..”

“…A-are there…any left?” Siglos whispered quietly. He winced ever so slightly, the throbbing ache leftover from Cain’s treatment not fully going away.

"Haha... thank you. I could... ah... dang it... I could really use a bit of rest. My insides are on fire..." Jeanne said, limping onto Erebus' extremely large palm. "...in the literal sense."
"You deserve rest, comrade." he replied, patting her head.
Siglos…slowly walked up behind the group, the tatters of his robes hanging limply from his flesh. He thumbed one of his rings uncertainly, his eyes scanning the room.

“……..”

“…A-are there…any left?” Siglos whispered quietly. He winced ever so slightly, the throbbing ache leftover from Cain’s treatment not fully going away.
"None as of now, boy." he said, glancing at him, "It would be best if you work on the teleportation circles, we ought not waste any time. Jeanne here needs medical assistance."

Siglos took a soft breath, raising an arm to wipe some of the lingering grime from his face.

"...I wish Saffi were here...s-she could ease the pain at least." Siglos murmered. He glanced back towards the rubble, sensing the mana coming from underneath some of the rocks. An intact teleporting circle. It was lucky, for them at least, that he had not managed to detonate all of them.

"...S-Sylvia...Erebus...Cain. Can...one of you...move the rubble away from that area?" He asked, pointing towards a pile of debris nearby.

Last edited:
Sylvia, who had been fighting constantly to protect Cain and Siglos during the healing process, was leaned against the wall, breathing lightly and slumping downward ever so slightly. Every inch of her was covered in charred blood... the natural heat she produced from her body serving to vaporize the chunks of gore off of her body, preventing regeneration of the immortal soldiers.

"H-Huh...? Yeah, I... I can. I can. Ha..." She trudged over to assist Erebus, beginning to throw the rubble to the side with his help, speeding up the process.

Sylvia, who had been fighting constantly to protect Cain and Siglos during the healing process, was leaned against the wall, breathing lightly and slumping downward ever so slightly. Every inch of her was covered in charred blood... the natural heat she produced from her body serving to vaporize the chunks of gore off of her body, preventing regeneration of the immortal soldiers.

"H-Huh...? Yeah, I... I can. I can. Ha..." She trudged over to assist Erebus, beginning to throw the rubble to the side with his help, speeding up the process.
"It's fine, Sylvia. You need not to help me. You and Jeanne require rest..." he replied politely, finishing up the process faster, not wanting to bother others to assist him.

"Unlike her, I'm actually fine. You should know the kind of training Rakshashin go through. This was nothing." Sylvia said, continuing her work. She was... labored to an extent, yes, but she had not sustained any injuries, and her stamina pool was deep. Unlike Jeanne, she would probably be alright.

"Unlike her, I'm actually fine. You should know the kind of training Rakshashin go through. This was nothing." Sylvia said, continuing her work. She was... labored to an extent, yes, but she had not sustained any injuries, and her stamina pool was deep. Unlike Jeanne, she would probably be alright.
"I know." he muttered, but remained silent as he looked at Siglos with a nod, confirming that he had accomplished the boy's request.

"...Thank you. Erebus...and my emerald." Siglos said softly. He gingerly walked towards the pair, seeming...rather small, in comparison to the two massive warriors on either side. Gingerly, he knelt down, placing his hands on the magical circle at his feet.

"...T-this will only be a...one-way teleportation....s-since there...isn't a magical circle on the other end. Make s-sure to gather everything...important." He said softly.

"...Thank you. Erebus...and my emerald." Siglos said softly. He gingerly walked towards the pair, seeming...rather small, in comparison to the two massive warriors on either side. Gingerly, he knelt down, placing his hands on the magical circle at his feet.
Erebus sat on a rock to the side, as he steps away to let the two lovebirds converse, slowly stabbing his sword to the ground as he let his hands rest on the broken guard, staying quiet.

"Where are we going...?" Sylvia asked, looking down at Siglos as he began his work.
"....If I can m-modify this circle right...b-back to the inn." Siglos responded, the circle beginning to glow as he poured his mana into the runic pattern.

"...I'm...a-already linked to Alexia's...erm...the innkeeper's mana. She erm...branded me with a Stigma earlier. So t-that should...hopefully, let me pinpoint the location."

Back