• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"...We did something, Jeanne. W-with the destruction of these...c-circles, and the death of...those...fiends, Aegis should be safer. Was that...n-not our goal?" Siglos said softly. He shifted the runes within the circle with his palm, using the gathered mana on his skin to alter the circle's magic. He concentrated on the mana gifted to him by his Stigma, hoping he could zero in on its source.

"Do it. Preferably in front of the inn." Kargath said, while Shalor began breathing heavily, finally able to express the fear he had going into battle
"...O-oh! of course...it would be a bit...i-inconvenient if you and Erebus were moved into such a...small space." Siglos said softly.

...We did something, Jeanne. W-with the destruction of these...c-circles, and the death of...those...fiends, Aegis should be safer. Was that...n-not our goal?" Siglos said softly. He shifted the runes within the circle with his palm, using the gathered mana on his skin to alter the circle's magic. He concentrated on the mana gifted to him by his Stigma, hoping he could zero in on its source.
"......" Jeanne was going to say something in rebuttal, but simply ceased, letting out a sigh. The purpose in coming here was not to find out more about her condition... but to save people. To make things safer. And with this battle, they did just that.

"...We should report this to Velen. The soldiers we faced in our first battle together were... powerful, but... these are on an entirely different level. If you hadn't weakened them, our chances of winning would've dropped heavily... and we barely won then. We need to not only become stronger ourselves, but... we need to develop countermeasures against this threat."

"...We should report this to Velen. The soldiers we faced in our first battle together were... powerful, but... these are on an entirely different level. If you hadn't weakened them, our chances of winning would've dropped heavily... and we barely won then. We need to not only become stronger ourselves, but... we need to develop countermeasures against this threat."
"Velen?" he asked.

"....." Siglos said nothing for a moment, slowly locking the circle onto their new destination.

"...If we tell t-the authorities about this place...t-they may lift the lockdown. We could t-travel back to the church on foot. Or...c-carraige." Siglos said softly.

"...I fixed the...communication orb...b-but it's too risky to use that now...given what...happened." Siglos murmured.

"I would... suppose so, Erebus." Jeanne said with a light chuckle, "As Siglos said, reporting what happened here to the authorities here comes first. We may not have been able to explore every inch of this place, but... the royal court hopefully will."

"I would... suppose so, Erebus." Jeanne said with a light chuckle
He smiled at this under his helmet.
"As Siglos said, reporting what happened here to the authorities here comes first. We may not have been able to explore every inch of this place, but... the royal court hopefully will."
"We have already provided the initial blueprint for them to get a headstart at determining this place's threat, it's inhabitants, and the best possible solution. If anything, we may have done our part..." he replied.

(I'm sorry if I haven't answered much or my answers are short, it's just that I've been doing more things)
Siglos breathed out, slowly pulling his hand away from the teleportation circle.

"...It's ready. G-gather around, everyone."

Noah sighed at this, she was exhausted but she was also worrying about something, if these circles could be used throughout the city, was that how they got to the inn when they tried to kidnap her?
"I would... suppose so, Erebus." Jeanne said with a light chuckle, "As Siglos said, reporting what happened here to the authorities here comes first. We may not have been able to explore every inch of this place, but... the royal court hopefully will."
"I just hope that my fear that there are traitors in high society who work with these guys is not real" Noah said in response to Jeanne's comment.

"....Right." Jeanne murmured. She was... unsure. Everything felt painful, and unsure. But she did not know how to verbalize this. So, she became silent, remaining situated in Erebus' palm.

Cain and Sylvia did as asked, with Sylvia limping ever so slightly, letting out a breath. "Let's get the hell out of here..."

Siglos slowly nodded, lowering himself so that both hands touched the enchanted ground beneath them.

“…Alright” Soglos said softly. He concentrated, willing the mana within the circle to move through space itself…to open a path through the world, to attach itself like an anchor to the one spot he desperately wanted to reach.

In a few moments…a small light enveloped the group, visible even to those who could not naturally see the flow of mana. The vibrant light increased in intensity, growing brighter, brighter….

Until they vanished.

Assuming nothing intercepted their travel…they would reappear moments later, their feet touching the familiar cobblestones of Aegis’s street. The Inn stood behind them, close enough that they could reach out and touch the wooden building.

They had escaped. Alive, at least.

The people around the inn immediately jumped backward as the group was suddenly teleported in front of the inn, some running away in fear, possibly mistaking them for the assassins in the heat of the moment.

"Siglos!" Alexia ran out of the inn, nearly tripping in her heels. "I felt your mana suddenly fade away, like an ember... what happened...!?"

"I am aware of your operation... I'm asking what happened to Siglos." Alexia grunted, rushing up to the boy and placing her hands on his shoulders. "Are you alright, my boy...?"
Siglos took a shaky breath, leaning in to wrap the innkeeper into a soft hug. He…had tried to remain strong during the operation. Tried to remain focused, to not succumb to his emotions. He would be brave…he would be…

“…..”

Siglos…after enduring more pain than he had ever felt…after experiencing the trauma of battle…cried into the innkeeper's shirt. A soft, quiet whimper, one barely audible beyond the woman before him, and those whose senses were sharp enough to pick up his tears.

“T….t-thank you…” Siglos whispered softly. He would stay wrapped around the woman, assuming she didn't push him away.

Alexia gladly accepted the hug, gently patting the boy's back. "Shhh... it's alright now. Whatever you endured is over. You should rest. You should all rest. For the night, those of you that can actually fit can stay free of charge. To regain yourselves..."

"Erm... d-dont you need the income...?" Shalor asked quietly, the boy definitely was effected by what he'd seen, but he wasn't breaking over it at least.

Kargath cracked his neck and slowly compressed his body down, standing now at seven feet tall instead of twenty, before he nodded to Alexia silently

Alexia gladly accepted the hug, gently patting the boy's back. "Shhh... it's alright now. Whatever you endured is over. You should rest. You should all rest. For the night, those of you that can actually fit can stay free of charge. To regain yourselves..."
Siglos remained like that for a long moment, cherishing the comfort of the older Everian. His tears flowed down his pale cheeks, leaving drops of moisture on her shirt. Yet…the flow of tears would eventually dry…the sniffling, young Everian, taking several, soft breaths of air.

“……..” he squeezed the woman's back tightly, before gingerly relaxing his grip.

“…You have…m-my gratitude. Alexia. I…I…” Siglos choked on his words, taking a shaky breath.

“J-just…just….t-thank you….f-for…”

“…Everything…”

Erebus shrugged and remained outside of the inn, sitting down against the wall—not to make fall under his weight— and placed his sword above his legs as he relaxed, looking above the sky.

Alexia simply sighed, and nodded. "I need no thanks, or gratitude. Please, just go get some rest. And since your significant other seems to be of... reasonable size now, she can join you, Siglos."

"I can-? Oh, right, I guess I do fit now... huh." Sylvia tilted her head, "Well, yeah, I guess I can."

(Last confirmation of time was here. After this there was the execution shit, the Alexia talk, getting the communication orb, and then the battle which probably lasted longer than the group realizes... so, probably over midnight.)
(Okay. [Placeholder post for you to respond to my post])

Alexia simply sighed, and nodded. "I need no thanks, or gratitude. Please, just go get some rest. And since your significant other seems to be of... reasonable size now, she can join you, Siglos."

"I can-? Oh, right, I guess I do fit now... huh." Sylvia tilted her head, "Well, yeah, I guess I can."
A soft smile stretched across Siglos's lips, his gaze shifting to his mate.

“You don't have to j-join me, my love…I don't mind.” He said softly.

(Okay. [Placeholder post for you to respond to my post])
(What post do you want me to respond to? Lol.)
A soft smile stretched across Siglos's lips, his gaze shifting to his mate.

“You don't have to j-join me, my love…I don't mind.” He said softly.
"I'd rather join you. After a battle like that... I feel I'd like to lay with somebody I love, and not in a pile of blood and guts." Sylvia chuckled, "Not that I'm unused to blood and guts..."

(Actually...)
Erebus shrugged and remained outside of the inn, sitting down against the wall—not to make fall under his weight— and placed his sword above his legs as he relaxed, looking above the sky.
As Erebus moved to sit down, Jeanne hopped off his hand, limply landing onto the cobblestone beneath as blood dripped from her armor. "Thank you again for carrying me, Erebus... it is much appreciated."

"I'd rather join you. After a battle like that... I feel I'd like to lay with somebody I love, and not in a pile of blood and guts." Sylvia chuckled, "Not that I'm unused to blood and guts..."
Siglos chuckled, his smile slowly widening. He blinked away the last of the wetness from his eyes, before gingerly nodding at his mate.

"...Then I would...love to be with you...m-my Emerald." He said softly. Gingerly he turned towards Alexia, giving her a final, quick hug.

"...Let us know i-if we can help with anything, Alexia. Your kindness...is truly second only to the goddess h-herself..." He said quietly.

Siglos chuckled, his smile slowly widening. He blinked away the last of the wetness from his eyes, before gingerly nodding at his mate.

"...Then I would...love to be with you...m-my Emerald." He said softly. Gingerly he turned towards Alexia, giving her a final, quick hug.

"...Let us know i-if we can help with anything, Alexa. Your kindness...is truly second only to the goddess h-herself..." He said quietly.
(Alexa, play Despacito.)

Back