• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh huh, others do though.
Which ones?

Do you think in a fistfight people just clearly see all of their opponents' actions?
In all 3 calculations we are the ones seeing the blur and not a person who sees them as blurry because they can't see it clearly due to being in a fight, though in the umbrella one we do also have South not seeing the umbrella properly but he was focusing on it.

It's not some great feat to do that, and while it'd be harder to do at a distance (maybe superhuman), I sure as hell wouldn't assume Subsonic.
It quite literally is Subsonic because your eyes can't keep up even at a further distance.

Deleting the verse isn't necessary, you can just fix it bit by bit.
It quite literally is Subsonic because your eyes can't keep up even at a further distance.
You do realize that the smaller something is, the harder it is to keep track of it? A fastball is a blur even when seen at a distance but it is by no means Subsonic. And arms are indeed much smaller than a human body.

Calculations keep getting upgraded, but they haven't even paid attention to addressing other issues that should have been fixed a long time ago. For example, the page still has the word '0.005 tons' even though it was rejected a long time ago. Even the calculations that haven't been accepted are still included in the profile, and I still have to do a CRT just to fix it? This is utterly ridiculous…

If nobody intends to fix it, please delete it and start fresh. And there should be admins locking the profiles and page to prevent people from inserting random stuff again. We shouldn't allow anyone to make arbitrary changes anymore. This is a verse that moderators should handle with utmost care.

If nobody intends to fix it, please delete it and start fresh. And there should be admins locking the profiles and page to prevent people from inserting random stuff again. We shouldn't allow anyone to make arbitrary changes anymore. This is a verse that moderators should handle with utmost care.
I 100% agree with this. TR is a very popular animanga but is often ignored here. It should be paid attention to.

You do realize that the smaller something is, the harder it is to keep track of it? A fastball is a blur even when seen at a distance but it is by no means Subsonic. And arms are indeed much smaller than a human body.
And fast things that are blurry at a close distance get less blurry the further away they are.

Calculations keep getting upgraded, but they haven't even paid attention to addressing other issues that should have been fixed a long time ago. For example, the page still has the word '0.005 tons' even though it was rejected a long time ago. Even the calculations that haven't been accepted are still included in the profile, and I still have to do a CRT just to fix it? This is utterly ridiculous…
You are right, I believe that now before adding anything else we should try to fix what already exists, we should wait for this to finish so the staff can decide what is better to do

Have the Tokyo Revengers fans considered not wanking calls just to get the verse higher?

How strong the verse is literally doesn't matter, I might joke about weaker verses being fodder from time to time, but at the end of the day, why do we care if this verse is 9-C, 9-B, or 9-A or higher?

Because you'll win debates? Who the **** cares? I'd rather a character I can argue in a fair match then a character that just fuckstomps everything

Have the Tokyo Revengers fans considered not wanking calls just to get the verse higher?

How strong the verse is literally doesn't matter, I might joke about weaker verses being fodder from time to time, but at the end of the day, why do we care if this verse is 9-C, 9-B, or 9-A or higher?

Because you'll win debates? Who the **** cares? I'd rather a character I can argue in a fair match then a character that just fuckstomps everything
Literally this. The calcs are wanked just for the sake of having higher results. The verse needs to be overhauled

I agree with you, this is one reason I started this, I prefer clean calcs and feats instead of wanking for no reason, thanks for pointing that out

I haven't looked through all the calcs mentioned in this thread yet, but I have stumbled across a few Tokyo Revengers (and since someone brought it up, a few other verses as well, including Lookism) calcs and they've consistently been flawed yet accepted.

I'm happy to help people fix up flawed calcs if people engage in good faith about it (ShionAH is a great recent example of this), but a lot of these calcs for these verses end up having overly-long debates over patently flawed assumptions.

I have the patience to engage in that, but other CGMs don't. Keep that up and you'll likely end up running out of any other CGMs to eval calcs, but still have me rejecting them.

Anyway, on what to do now; ig just double-check every calc is all we can really do. Could anyone pull up a list of the currently used calcs so we can start digging through them?

Anyway, on what to do now; ig just double-check every calc is all we can really do. Could anyone pull up a list of the currently used calcs so we can start digging through them?

I'll check every calc of this verse because shit is getting sus asf. I'll revise only the wrong ones, by the way.

AP:
Speed:
  • Takemichi dodges a kick - "mikey's kick speed should be fte speed ,cuz too many character can't react his kick speed,and in that picture had blurring/afterimage effect" why should it be FTE? I can't react to a car coming against me at full speed, but it does not make said car FTE.

• Izana dashes at Mikey - For the timeframe, I'm going to use 0.0291s because of the reactions of characters like Chifuyu and Peh-Yan (who are scaled above subsonic) - It's not how it works. Being scaled above a fan calc is not grounds for a "safe" end, that comes ONLY if said speed is directly stated in-verse.

• Takemichi dodges a kick (2) - Attack speed of Mikey's kick is 34.3, Tokyo Revengers has many FTE feat's, Mikey is the strongest and the fastest in the verse so his kicks are very easily FTE he also broke the sound barrier when kicking Taiju Shiba which exceeds 85 m/s by 100s of metres so I believe using the high ball is more then fair and the lowball should no matter what be accepted since Mikey very obv has low end subsonic kick speed - Yeah... no.

No like... this is legit bad. Very, very bad.
This is a list of the calcs being used.

I haven't looked through all the calcs mentioned in this thread yet, but I have stumbled across a few Tokyo Revengers (and since someone brought it up, a few other verses as well, including Lookism) calcs and they've consistently been flawed yet accepted.

I'm happy to help people fix up flawed calcs if people engage in good faith about it (ShionAH is a great recent example of this), but a lot of these calcs for these verses end up having overly-long debates over patently flawed assumptions.

I have the patience to engage in that, but other CGMs don't. Keep that up and you'll likely end up running out of any other CGMs to eval calcs, but still have me rejecting them.

This is an old thread that might be helpful for some calculations. Take a look. Honestly, even simple calculations like KE don't have a definite answer. I have no idea why we have to spend so much time talking about simple things.

6 pages bruv💀
TR debates last a really long time, I wouldn't look through it, all you really need to know is we use 34.3 metres in some calcs because the characters are supersonic and from a long range are able to create blurs because of how fast they move and extreme motion blur, and are also able to blitz or suprise supersonic+ characters with there speed

Last edited:
This is every accepted calc you can find in the page of the verse, I believe the main issues are in the speed section but checking everything can be done too since apparently there are small issues even in the ap section:

For what I saw there are also many calcs waiting for an evaluation which share some issues, I believe for now we should just ignore them and we shouldn't add anything to the page

Oh and also we have to remove "small building" and "0,005 ton" from the page

Last edited:
This is every accepted calc you can find in the page of the verse, I believe the main issues are in the speed section but checking everything can be done too since apparently there are small issues even in the ap section:

For what I saw there are also many calc waiting for an evaluation which share some issues, I believe for now we should just ignore them
Alot of them were in a CRT, I wouldn't worry about them since you want to downgrade the speed only

If u dont mind, can i see a scale u made?
This.
Previous scales made mistakes, the arm movement is wrong, and since Izana moved his arm and ran at the same time, distance between Kakucho and Izana has to be subtracted, those are the main problems.

Also they made some minor mistakes with lengths and some pixel scaling and angsizing, but I won't talk about them now.

Yup, that's where it actually scales, the scale is more accurate than the supersonic+ one since they're in their original positions there. Using the other panel is pure garbage.
All verse calculations will be scaled down. Izana's calculations are also likely to be problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back