• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the firts consistently subsonic kick is the one against Taiju. The anime confirms that the dull sound is not the breaking of the sound barrier and such a feat would not be described as a dull sound. I've been practising combat sports for years and I can assure you that feats like Mikey's on Osanai a human is capable of doing it
Have you watched the anime ? Mikey kicking Hanma and Taiju are both examples of sonic booms, I mean the audio alone should prove it

I don't get the problems here, Tokyo revengers calcs always have a problem and yet no one has given any good reasoning behind it. Mikey can break the sound barrier with a kick and has done so multiple times, his kicks are literally always FTE even in the beginning of the series, why would he slow his kicks down for Takemichi ? What an odd assumption

South blocks an umbrella is simple, he wasn't even able to percieve it ? South a character who scales to supersonic+ on his profile couldn't percieve an umbrella moving at 31 m/s ( speed of a javeline throw ), it seems odd, also morris gave good reasoning behind it, I don't get why there is a problem with this one even after morris's reasoning

Izana dashes at Mikey, Mikey was surprised at the speed of Izana and so were other characters who scale to supersonic, using 0.0290 is a lowball to be frank
Thanks for proving the calc stacking in these calcs

Hai visto l'anime? Mikey che prende a calci Hanma e Taiju sono entrambi esempi di boom sonici, intendo dire che l'audio da solo dovrebbe dimostrarlo
What? No, just because they are noises doesn't mean they are sonic booms, the only evidence you can bring is a simple noise, which is not a good basis for a sonic boom. By this logic any low tier is supersonic. A sonic boom should generate shock waves, which does not happen

Yes, many other things have been percieved as sonic booms, stop acting like there needs to be a character saying "OMG THAT WAS A SONIC BOOM" for it to be classed as a sonic boom
Bruh, did you also think about the fact in the manga there are no sonic boom? So is more valid to assume they are sound effect of the impact of the kick, and no a dull sound isn't a sonic boom

Yes, many other things have been percieved as sonic booms, stop acting like there needs to be a character saying "OMG THAT WAS A SONIC BOOM" for it to be classed as a sonic boom
Have you ever thought that the noise you hear is the sound of the impact of the kick? To say that it is a sonic boom for a single auditory effect is a crazy assumption. In all scenes the sound effect is heard when the kick has hit the target, it seems more logical to me that the noise is from the impact rather than the speed

Im convinced you didn't read some of these, Takemichi dodges a kick (2) uses 31 m/s...
The calculation has errors. It considers the distance of the kick as being straight but the kick comes from the side and the result would always be inconsistent because takemichi would have enough speed to blitz Mikey but struggles to dodge kicks.

È così stupido, anche i livelli medi hanno imprese subsoniche e supersoniche smh
To use those numbers in calculations would be calc stacking. The thread was opened mainly for this reason. Many supersonic feats are all disprovable, which I think has been demonstrated in this thread

No like wtf is this? Using a baseline speed for every single punch with no real reason just because they display superhuman speed feats?

Next is what? Using SoL as a base speed for everytime a Jojo character dodges something?

Yeah no, this is still using very weird assumptions.

No like wtf is this? Using a baseline speed for every single punch with no real reason just because they display superhuman speed feats?

Next is what? Using SoL as a base speed for everytime a Jojo character dodges something?

Yeah no, this is still using very weird assumptions.
Regarding the calculations, no rebuttal was made. The accusations about the calculations have not been refuted so far. 2 people from the calculations group agree with the accusations, there are easily preconditions to bring these calculations down. Also with regard to the umbrella feat I have already stated why it is invalid, but no one has made a rebunk as yet.

To don't perceive the kick it should be like x3/x4 time faster that Takemichi but he just need some advantage, if Mikey could completely blitz him with his attacks Take shouldn't be able to dodge it even with precognition
He can dodge or block them by moving instantly after seeing the vision. He doesn't need to see the kicks.

in fact when Mikey was getting faster he no longer could dodge them
No, even after Mikey started becoming faster Takemichi could still deal with his attacks.

in boxe normally you don't see a jab so any boxer is subsonic?
You do see jabs.

it's normal to don't be able to react to a close attack unless properly trainer / faster than your opponent
Mikey's kicks aren't exactly close.

If I attack you from behind and you somehow react to me you won't still realize if I want to punch you, push you or whatever you just see me coming
What does this even mean?

also by your logic if that umbrella was a blur to South so basically faster than him since apparently blur = I can blitz you, how can he react to it?
Fair, but it was still fast enough that South couldn't properly see it. Senju's arm is also blurry at least to us, and since blurry movement consistently means the character is moving extremely quickly it also supports it. In the original post you tried to invalidate blurry movement by saying that you can do it as well, but flapping your hands in front of yourself for example is very different. Your kicks for example aren't blurry.

Senju initially comes from South's right. By the time we see Terano turned in Senju's direction the umbrella has already almost reached the target, so I see no reason why it cannot be said that South turned at the time the umbrella was close to him .
South turned towards Senju before the umbrella was thrown. We see him turn towards her in the previous panel, and since Senju's arm is still blurry that means she just threw it right at that moment.

even a movement of a human can create that effect.
No, only through ways that don't qualify.

I have also stopped evaluating TokRev calcs for the same reasons as Therefir. Please do not contact me again for this.

Also I have received evidence that Vapourrr has gone on a vendetta against me because I do not find the calcs preferable in the current circumstances. Honestly however, I could not care a single morsel about this given I have gone on a permanent withdrawal from the verse as is.

I have also stopped evaluating TokRev calcs for the same reasons as Therefir. Please do not contact me again for this.

Also I have received evidence that Vapourrr has gone on a vendetta against me because I do not find the calcs preferable in the current circumstances. Honestly however, I could not care a single morsel about this given I have gone on a permanent withdrawal from the verse as is.
I think this shows the inconsistency and meaninglessness of the calculations

He can dodge or block them by moving instantly after seeing the vision. He doesn't need to see the kicks.

No, even after Mikey started becoming faster Takemichi could still deal with his attacks.

You do see jabs.

Mikey's kicks aren't exactly close.

What does this even mean?

Fair, but it was still fast enough that South couldn't properly see it. Senju's arm is also blurry at least to us, and since blurry movement consistently means the character is moving extremely quickly it also supports it. In the original post you tried to invalidate blurry movement by saying that you can do it as well, but flapping your hands in front of yourself for example is very different. Your kicks for example aren't blurry.

South turned towards Senju before the umbrella was thrown. We see him turn towards her in the previous panel, and since Senju's arm is still blurry that means she just threw it right at that moment.

No, only through ways that don't qualify.
No, a human can do it without any problem. Just go and see real match, it is possible to do it at high guard, let alone at low guard. The umbrella feat makes no sense. Literally if South does not see a subsonic umbrella well it has no reason to be supersonic

No, a human can do it without any problem. Just go and see real match, it is possible to do it at high guard, let alone at low guard. The umbrella feat makes no sense. Literally if South does not see a subsonic umbrella well it has no reason to be supersonic
Are you saying a human could deflect an umbrella less then 1 cm away from their face or that a human can move FTE ?, either way if your being serious I see no point in continuing to argue with you

Are you saying a human could deflect an umbrella less then 1 cm away from their face or that a human can move FTE ?, either way if your being serious I see no point in continuing to argue with you
I'm talking about Mikey's feats at the beginning of the opera. Like the one on Osanai. More evidence has been given that that umbrella is not FTE

No human movement will seem blurry from around 10 meters away, which is the distance between Senju and the point of view.

Subsonic likely isn't the actual speed of the umbrella, it's just the highest that can be used in the calculation.
I literally wrote that by human feats I mean Mikey's on Osanai

Sorry for bothering you and thanks for the reply

@LephyrTheRevanchist

Sorry for tagging you, it looks like KLOL and Therefir are unhappy about the calculations (correct me if I missunderstood their comments), how do you suggest to continue now? Should we wait for the third one you tagged to reply?

@LephyrTheRevanchist

Sorry for tagging you, it looks like KLOL and Therefir are unhappy about the calculations (correct me if I missunderstood their comments), how do you suggest to continue now? Should we wait for the third one you tagged to reply?

What are you talking about ? Therefir and KLOL have said nothing other then they don't want to be involved with TR, therefir said he doesn't like the assumptions, doesn't mean he disagrees with EVERY SINGLE calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back