• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case, then I don't know. I couldn't find this end in your blog post. Don't know if it was moved.

I have debated with Marvel and GOW fans too, you are still a rookie in doing that against them.
In my comments

You could never catch me calcing universe feats (I probably will one day ngl)

And I have seen a lot of stuff in this thread happen. That's why this has 6 long damn pages for a thread which has not reached a good conclusion yet.

So, I will try to summarize everything for now. This way, it would be better to reach a conclusion in a much faster way. And people should just agree or disagree with the points. Disagreements can have reasons mentioned, which should be answered/countered by someone who has a reason for its counter.

Tokyo Revengers "Overwanked"? - The Summary:

The thread started around 2 days ago by @Zefra3011 with a really upsetting objective of rejection of some calcs of the verse because of one of the most hated rejection methods, which is worse than your crush rejecting you. That is, CALC STACKING. A method of unfairly increasing results of a calc by using results from a different calc.

===========​
The thread targets four of the verse calcs:

1. Takemichi dodges a kick:
  • Use of calc stacking: The calc uses 34.3 m/s for Mikey, which is regarded as calc stacking by the objective of this thread.
  • Use of much higher results: It says that Takemichi moved an entire half meter while Mikey moved only 3 centimeters. The kick should be aimed at around his face. Faces are around 20 cm broad, and even using 20 cm should be a very high end as the kick seems to have been aimed at around Takemichi's cheek, which should have him moving only 3 to 5 centimeters.
In short, this calc has more problems than just calc stacking.

2. South deflects an umbrella:
  • Use of calc stacking: The calc is fair enough to assume that Senju should be moving at 34.3 m/s, and she should be, as she is shown to throw it with a lot of effort, but the effort arguments can simply be countered with this line from the Calc Stacking page:
xHHQP6m.png

3. Takemichi dodges a kick (2):
  • The current calc doesn't seem to have any problems of calc stacking, but of distances. With better scaled distances with angsizing, this should do fine.
4. Izana dashes at Mikey:
  • Usage of an unjustifiable timeframe: The calc uses reactions of other characters as the reason to use subsonic perception. While it could have been genuinely fit to be used if the characters had feats to perceive that, and they actually have, but seeing their reactions doesn't mean that Izana is faster than their perceptions. Mikey did a "!" meaning that he actually perceived it. Other characters are teammates of him, so anyone would give a jaw-dropping reaction if the strongest in your team got wrecked bad. Also, this calc implies that Izana is faster than Mikey (leaving their intentions and mental state arguments aside, because both were equally done). The best we can say is that Izana was fast enough to basically outspeed what Mikey could have done, he did nothing though.
5. Izana saves Kakucho from bullets:
  • There's not much context of when Izana actually started running. We only see him once he actually comes into the manga panels. The only things scalable should be his hand movements, this was addressed in a previous downgrade thread too.
6. Draken saves Takemichi from bullets:
  • This is genuinely one of the most "no context" feats. We don't know when Draken started moving, and that's a big problem. The only thing Draken needs to do is be faster than the firer's reactions and not even perception. It takes around 10-20 centiseconds just to fire a gun and pull its trigger. This feat needs an anime adaptation. Draken could have even reached the place before the gun is even fired.

Note: I have only tried to summarize everything. Please don't attack me. And others who support the thread objective should likely answer to any oppositions too.

For now, it's best to type "Agree" and "Disagree" (with reasons why) to avoid complications and of course, time waste. This is just what has been discussed for now.

There are some Attack Potency feats which were opposed too (but I will just copy-paste them):
For the ap section i'll just cntrl c cntrl v ULTRA's comment:

Disagree FRA

.South deflects an umbrella is not calc stacking, similar to a javeline throw or a paper plane throw Senju is super human, coupled with the fact her arms moved so fast they created enough motion blur to the point that there unrecognisable as hands

.You do not need to analyse distance for something like this, I have no idea where you got this from since the calc group members that evaluated the calcs saw no problems with it other then using 34.3 which I swiftly changed

.Mikey being suprised should prove that the use of low end subsonic perception should be fine even KLOL said "Actually, now that I look at it, the issue was using a speed value for the projectile being dodged, not a perception time value. Using the perception timeframe should be fine. Just use the low-end of Subsonic Perception timeframes", morris also gave fair reasoning to this

.This is again so stupid, Corbinn and Morris disproved your points with this, I also don't think that is a fair assumption to make and it literally makes 0 sense, I could explain more if morris doesn't

.I mean this calc is a MASSIVE lowball, the assumption is that Draken only moved 40 cm, I see no problem with this calc

And I have seen a lot of stuff in this thread happen. That's why this has 6 long damn pages for a thread which has not reached a good conclusion yet.

So, I will try to summarize everything for now. This way, it would be better to reach a conclusion in a much faster way. And people should just agree or disagree with the points. Disagreements can have reasons mentioned, which should be answered/countered by someone who has a reason for its counter.

The thread started around 2 days ago by @Zefra3011 with a really upsetting objective of rejection of some calcs of the verse because of one of the most hated rejection methods, which is worse than your crush rejecting you. That is, CALC STACKING. A method of unfairly increasing results of a calc by using results from a different calc.

===========​

• Use of calc stacking: The calc uses 34.3 m/s for Mikey, which is regarded as calc stacking by the objective of this thread.
  • Use of much higher results: It says that Takemichi moved an entire half meter while Mikey moved only 3 centimeters. The kick should be aimed at around his face. Faces are around 20 cm broad, and even using 20 cm should be a very high end as the kick seems to have been aimed at around Takemichi's cheek, which should have him moving only 3 to 5 centimeters.

• Use of calc stacking: The calc is fair enough to assume that Senju should be moving at 34.3 m/s, and she should be, as she is shown to throw it with a lot of effort, but the effort arguments can simply be countered with this line from the Calc Stacking page:
xHHQP6m.png

• The current calc doesn't seem to have any problems of calc stacking, but of distances. With better scaled distances with angsizing, this should do fine.
  • Usage of an unjustifiable timeframe: The calc uses reactions of other characters as the reason to use subsonic perception. While it could have been genuinely fit to be used if the characters had feats to perceive that, and they actually have, but seeing their reactions doesn't mean that Izana is faster than their perceptions. Mikey did a "!" meaning that he actually perceived it. Other characters are teammates of him, so anyone would give a jaw-dropping reaction if the strongest in your team got wrecked bad. Also, this calc implies that Izana is faster than Mikey (leaving their intentions and mental state arguments aside, because both were equally done). The best we can say is that Izana was fast enough to basically outspeed what Mikey could have done, he did nothing though.
  • There's not much context of when Izana actually started running. We only see him once he actually comes into the manga panels. The only things scalable should be his hand movements, this was addressed in a previous downgrade thread too.
  • This is genuinely one of the most "no context" feats. We don't know when Draken started moving, and that's a big problem. The only thing Draken needs to do is be faster than the firer's reactions and not even perception. It takes around 10-20 centiseconds just to fire a gun and pull its trigger. This feat needs an anime adaptation. Draken could have even reached the place before the gun is even fired.
Agree

Takemichi dodges kicks

The calc uses 34.3 which is indeed calc stacking as well have no way to prove he was going at that speed just because he usually goes at that speed. It doesn’t mean he always does. For that feat in specific I would use 19,26,31 m/s for speed.

South deflects umbrella

Yes. This does use calc stacking. 34.3 shouldn’t be allowed and we have no correct way to calculate the speed of an umbrella. h less you find the throwing speed of an umbrella you would have to use low ball speeds like 10.3 and you can’t compare it other stuff because air pressure etc may go in hand with that.

Izana dashing Mikey

he didn’t even blitz them. All they said was that he was fast. I don’t even understand this calculation. If I run and someone says it’s fast it doesn’t mean anything. They can use 0.2 Perception. Like this isn’t a dash and we can use reaction/perception times for this.

Example is me dashing at 100 meters and someone saying I’m fast. That doesn’t mean we can do 100/0.2 = 500. That isn’t how it works lol

Izana saves Kakucho

haven’t fully looked through the calc so have no opinions on the matter. However plenty of people have shared discontent ofc after that has been done and finished Im fine but it’s that.

Draken saves Takemichi

Assumptions overall. Don’t even know what’s being calced but I’ll let denlitz explain

Why does it work? The value taken for the total distance traveled by Draken is only based on "Assumptions" which do not come from, as well as the total distance traveled by the projectile. There is no pixel scaling or anything else working on this blog to get the value of distance traveled by draken or projectile.
Plus, it's not shown or explicitly stated whether the Draken starts moving after the projectile is fired, or whether the Draken is in front of the enemy before the projectile shoots, moreover it's not shown in the manga where the Draken came from. There are too many possibilities for this feat to be calculated that haven't been clarified in the manga.

So I conclude, this feat is not at all supported to be calculate, because the manga doesn't really clearly show the starting point of Draken and some scenes that need to be calculate.”

conclusion

not arguing right now unless it’s absolutely necessary

Last edited:
Disagree FRA

.South deflects an umbrella is not calc stacking, similar to a javeline throw or a paper plane throw Senju is super human, coupled with the fact her arms moved so fast they created enough motion blur to the point that there unrecognisable as hands
I agree that if I was in the verse, the umbrella would have been a lot, lot faster. But in this scenario, we cannot possibly use that. Motion blur can be created by moving your hands fast against your eyes too, and this has been said a numerous times. Aside from subjective opinions, no good reasons can be provided to support this objectively wrong calc (objectively wrong because of the wiki standards). And as said earlier too, an umbrella isn't comparable to a javelin.
.You do not need to analyse distance for something like this, I have no idea where you got this from since the calc group members that evaluated the calcs saw no problems with it other then using 34.3 which I swiftly changed
Yep, CGMs did evaluate it, but many of them also seem to disagree now and change their opinions (which were, I know, different before).
.Mikey being suprised should prove that the use of low end subsonic perception should be fine even KLOL said "Actually, now that I look at it, the issue was using a speed value for the projectile being dodged, not a perception time value. Using the perception timeframe should be fine. Just use the low-end of Subsonic Perception timeframes", morris also gave fair reasoning to this
Usage of subsonic perception timeframe is like saying that your character who is subsonic wasn't able to perceive something, while you have no reasons for proving it as a perception-blitz. So, sorry, but for me too, it doesn't make sense, especially when you use a perception time. A reaction tally for Mikey should do fine. But as bad as it may sound, Mikey literally has likely no reaction feats before that.
.This is again so stupid, Corbinn and Morris disproved your points with this, I also don't think that is a fair assumption to make and it literally makes 0 sense, I could explain more if morris doesn't
They disproved me? They never did. They just flooded my arguments with more and more assumptions on what Izana could have reacted to, while there are 3-4 things which he can have a stimuli to.
.I mean this calc is a MASSIVE lowball, the assumption is that Draken only moved 40 cm, I see no problem with this calc
I mean this calc is a MASSIVE assumption of basically saying when did Draken actually move. It's best to say something like this when an anime adaptation comes out.

Exactly, I want this thread to end quickly. Are there any calculations that have been rejected so far? I don't want it to be like the previous thread, and I really don't feel good about it.
We Just Need to wait for Agnaa to double check them, the messages are useless litterally

I agree that if I was in the verse, the umbrella would have been a lot, lot faster. But in this scenario, we cannot possibly use that. Motion blur can be created by moving your hands fast against your eyes too, and this has been said a numerous times. Aside from subjective opinions, no good reasons can be provided to support this objectively wrong calc (objectively wrong because of the wiki standards). And as said earlier too, an umbrella isn't comparable to a javelin.

Yep, CGMs did evaluate it, but many of them also seem to disagree now and change their opinions (which were, I know, different before).

Usage of subsonic perception timeframe is like saying that your character who is subsonic wasn't able to perceive something, while you have no reasons for proving it as a perception-blitz. So, sorry, but for me too, it doesn't make sense, especially when you use a perception time. A reaction tally for Mikey should do fine. But as bad as it may sound, Mikey literally has likely no reaction feats before that.

They disproved me? They never did. They just flooded my arguments with more and more assumptions on what Izana could have reacted to, while there are 3-4 things which he can have a stimuli to.

I mean this calc is a MASSIVE assumption of basically saying when did Draken actually move. It's best to say something like this when an anime adaptation comes out.

How many times do I have to debunk this stupid theory, creating motion blur with your hand is NOT the same as creating motion blur with your arm, if you can create lots of motion blur with your arm to the point where your arm is no longer recognisable you are defo throwing that umbrella faster then any human and I mean massively faster, if you watch this javeline throw you will see that there arm is no where near fast enough to create so much motion blur its unrecognisable This is my statement and I highly doubt you have a debunk (its the video showing what throwing fast looks like)

Different CGM'S = Different opinions

I would get morris to argue more for this calc, I would also bring flashlight in for this

They did debunk you I remember

Get Dalsean involved in this since 3 CGM'S think it was fine

We Just Need to wait for Agnaa to double check them, the messages are useless litterally
I don't want Agnaa to take on too much burden. It would be nice to have someone to talk to and summarize various issues, which might help him.

How many times do I have to debunk this stupid theory, creating motion blur with your hand is NOT the same as creating motion blur with your arm, if you can create lots of motion blur with your arm to the point where your arm is no longer recognisable you are defo throwing that umbrella faster then any human and I mean massively faster, if you watch this javeline throw you will see that there arm is no where near fast enough to create so much motion blur its unrecognisable This is my statement and I highly doubt you have a debunk (its the video showing what throwing fast looks like)
Stupid theory? "Debunk"? There's no way you are trying to say it isn't the same. I agree it isn't, but you cannot give a definitive proof lol.

Agnaa already mentioned that they are no afterimages, even giving an example what actually it is.
Different CGM'S = Different opinions
Yes, but they can change too.
I would get morris to argue more for this calc, I would also bring flashlight in for this
Your choice.
They did debunk you I remember
We never reached a conclusion on that thread, and I did prove that they were just assuming.
Get Dalsean involved in this since 3 CGM'S think it was fine
You should do it if you think that wouldn't allow more and more assumptions.

===========​

xHHQP6m.png

Thank for it, of course I agree, it should be everything important we said

I don't want Agnaa to take on too much burden. It would be nice to have someone to talk to and summarize various issues, which might help him.
Yeah Ik but is the best way to achieve something, he will look at every calc and write the problems and issues, after we will continue to discuss, because this way is useless I went to sleep at page 4 and now we are almost at page 7, please everyone avoid stupid discussions is better to listen to more CGMs it's what we have to do, everyone already stated his opinion.

Yep, I tried to summarize everything.

Also, I did the calc for the Takemichi dodging kick here, but it seems to have some problems, can someone suggest some makeable changes?

Yep, I tried to summarize everything.

Also, I did the calc for the Takemichi dodging kick here, but it seems to have some problems, can someone suggest some makeable changes?
It's good at the end is only Takemichi already moving to dodge it, so matching the speed (with the help of his preocognition) is fine, no need to calc it

It's good at the end is only Takemichi already moving to dodge it, so matchin the speed (with the help of his preocgnition) is fine, no need to calc it
Don't tell me I wasted half-an-hour on it lol. 💀

But yes, Mikey did mention that Takemichi was already moving even before getting kicked, so that makes sense...

Stupid theory? "Debunk"? There's no way you are trying to say it isn't the same. I agree it isn't, but you cannot give a definitive proof lol.

Agnaa already mentioned that they are no afterimages, even giving an example what actually it is.

Yes, but they can change too.

Your choice.

We never reached a conclusion on that thread, and I did prove that they were just assuming.

You should do it if you think that wouldn't allow more and more assumptions.
I gave you literal definitive proof and points and you still choose to ignore me

Your also assuming with half of the debunks...

I gave you literal definitive proof and points and you still choose to ignore me

Your also assuming with half of the debunks...
Well, I ain't repeating everything everyone said.

I am not assuming, you are doing it. If a calc has assumptions on the scenario basis, I doubt if it works.

Well, there's basically no need to "debunk" it. Reading the calc stacking page is enough. I would love to agree with you guys since it also affects one of my unaccepted calcs, but after knowing the rules, no.
Senju a high tier that scales to supersonic +, threw an umbrella so fast and with so much strength and force, South Terano the second strongest in the verse wasn't able to percieve it EVEN THOUGH he turned around before she threw it, she threw it so fast her arms turn into ******* blur and nothing but blur

Senju a high tier that scales to supersonic +, threw an umbrella so fast and with so much strength and force, South Terano the second strongest in the verse wasn't able to percieve it EVEN THOUGH he turned around before she threw it, she threw it so fast her arms turn into ******* blur and nothing but blur
South perceived it lol, otherwise he wouldn't have deflected it.

Secondly, it doesn't matter with how much effort you throw it visually. Read this from the Calc Stacking page:
xHHQP6m.png

So, you cannot use that speed.

South perceived it lol, otherwise he wouldn't have deflected it.

Secondly, it doesn't matter with how much effort you throw it visually. Read this from the Calc Stacking page:
xHHQP6m.png

So, you cannot use that speed.
Senju was able to blitz South a couple chapters back so she is above subsonic in attack speed and again that was from a non trying Senju, a trying Senju who literally made her arms non existent because of how fast and strong she threw it should prove even more

South could percieve it but he couldn't react to it until it was 4mm away from his face, 34.3 should be used

Senju was able to blitz South a couple chapters back so she is above subsonic in attack speed and again that was from a non trying Senju, a trying Senju who literally made her arms non existent because of how fast and strong she threw it should prove even more
You should give proofs for that.
South could percieve it but he couldn't react to it until it was 4mm away from his face, 34.3 should be used
What are you talking about bruh? You contradicted yourself in this statement. He of course reacted to it and that's the only reason he could deflect it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't him perceiving it enough to say it isn't FTE? FTE requires it to vanish entirely, here he was just late on the jump.

If Vapourrrr can prove that Senju is casually FTE, then I will side in the opposition of this thread particularly for the "South deflects an umbrella" feat.

You should give proofs for that.

What are you talking about bruh? You contradicted yourself in this statement. He of course reacted to it and that's the only reason he could deflect it.
Proof of what, the blitz ? If so its a casual FTE chapter 229

He didn't realise what was happening until it was 4mm away, the umbrella moved so fast it took South that long to realise what was happening

Unbelievable how their try to justify an impermissible action such as calc stacking. Their debate is based on this.This thread is crazy.

I mean, a manga scan bud.

*4 cm

And he did realize it was thrown lol, he just reacted to it, late or not, he reacted to it, that's final.
I can't get you a manga scan, its pretty simple just look at the chapter I told you when your free

Okay my bad

I don't think you get it, JUST LOOK AT HER ARM, I will let morris argue for this since its his calc but her arm is literally blurred so much to the point you don't notice it, and don't bring up the stupid "YoUr HanD BLuRs iF yOu MoVe iT InFroNt oF YoUR FaCe" because its not the same, but whatever, if we come to an agreement if morris can't bring up any points the lowest I will agree with is 31.3

It won't be lower... You think I'm worried about it being a debunk but the debunks are easily rebunkable, also there is multiple calcs not in this thread, there is also the fact that no one wants to remake such a big verse
They are easy to rebunk but in 7 pages I haven't seen a valid rebunk. To justify the validity of the calculations you use the calculations themselves by saying it is appropriate to use FTE because the characters turn out to be supersonic but that is devoid of any logic... we are questioning the calculations themselves you can't use that as an argument to self-justify them. The other FTE assumptions are disproved multiple times with multiple arguments by multiple people.

I can't get you a manga scan, its pretty simple just look at the chapter I told you when your free
The whole chapter has no FTE but only reaction blitzes. Perception blitzes are the only things which can be said to be FTE.
I don't think you get it, JUST LOOK AT HER ARM, I will let morris argue for this since its his calc but her arm is literally blurred so much to the point you don't notice it, and don't bring up the stupid "YoUr HanD BLuRs iF yOu MoVe iT InFroNt oF YoUR FaCe" because its not the same, but whatever, if we come to an agreement if morris can't bring up any points the lowest I will agree with is 31.3
I don't like to repeat it but YoUr HanD BLuRs iF yOu MoVe iT InFroNt oF YoUR FaCe.

Umbrella feat isn't a kick, so using 31.3 m/s in it is not justifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back