• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker Gunvolt Discussion Thread 2: Insert running joke for every Gunvolt discussion thread after this

Alright I need everyone's opinion on this.

2nd Personality Elise (crazy) can be hurt by normal attacks. To assume that isn't the case is just... What. Her Septima has no capability to turn intangible or invincible. The only reason why we can hurt her in game is that we can't even reach her in the first place. Yes you can argue that Orochi and Mizuchi exist, but even then, this is clearly game mechanics. The purpose of making the crazy Elise undamagable is specifically to make Copen's entrance happen, there shouldn't be any reason why she should be intangible without a reason backed up by her Septima.

Apparently the Crazy Elise has "Endless amounts of vitality" according to the Gunvolt wiki, who generally do their homework.

Edit: The crazy Elise also glows in a manner similar to Gunvolt's own prevasion.

Blade glows in the same way. She doesn't have Prevasion. Just because someone looks glowly don't mean that.

However, you are right in the end

"Conventional attacks can’t even possibly harm her due to her endless vitality. Sometimes she compares battles to games: but that might be a representation of herself (since she never had any friends to play with) in her manner of doing things."

However I remember beforehand you listed it as Intangibility, which had me quite upset. We need to add this into the profile, but saying she's invincible is pretty NLF. What do you suggest we do instead? She should at least be able to be hit.

So they all have Immortality Type 4 and 8 (Ressurection)

But Elise 2 has Type 2 (Resilient?)

Is this reasonable?

I should probably unfollow this thread. It's been ages since I've touched anything ASG and my word probably carries little to no weight about the verse nowadays.

I should probably unfollow this thread. It's been ages since I've touched anything ASG and my word probably carries little to no weight about the verse nowadays.
If you do I'll be sad but we also got this handled my g. If you ever need help hit me up

Hey, is it possible to calc how hot Viper's fire would need to be to completely vaporize a water jet in mid-air? Just a good number to have for Viper, even if it's not for any stats.

Hey, is it possible to calc how hot Viper's fire would need to be to completely vaporize a water jet in mid-air? Just a good number to have for Viper, even if it's not for any stats.
No idea man, but we could attempt to calc Viper's pillars in his fight, fire calcs do exist. Or we can upscale his fire from the molten metal that melts those black boxes (black metals remind me of tungsten but we can just assume the metal is the most heat resistant one on earth)

I wouldn't mind if we had a convo so you could get me back caught up with the verse and lore. I'm still familiar with ASG1, but ASG2 and LAiX? Not so much.
There's a lot to cover, but I don't mind. My or your message wall? And on this forum site or the actual site?

Last edited:
It's just a ball of water in the palm of the dude's hand lol. Nothing we can write home about at all even if we did calc it.

Oh yes. I was reading Fleeting Memories so I can explain the story to Zoro, and I found this feat from Asimov:

Immediately after they began their experiment, a horrific accident occurred, and the Sumeragi Futures Institute of Technology was completely burned to the ground. There were no survivors. All of the machinery was completely destroyed.

After an investigation, they could only guess that the incident was caused by human experimentation gone bad, and that a test subject’s Septimal powers went out of control.

The truth was that the boy being subject to the experiments possesses a Septimal power known as the “Azure Striker”. The moment the experiments began, he let loose a massive blast of lightning, and the entire facility was eradicated in an instant. All of the staff participating in Takefutsu…there was not a single one of them who was spared from the massive electrical blast.

“Takefutsu“ is Asimov as a young boy, with Azure Striker Septimosome injected into him. The S-FIT facility that was destroyed is likely a research facility, so this is likely Building Level of some kind. To get an idea of what an S-FIT facility is, keep in mind that it is in S-FIT where Plasma Legions and Mantises are produced (according to GV Complete Works), or really any tank by Sumeragi, so, it’s likely quite big.

This also belongs to the list of feats like the Kamishiro barrier casually destroying ships and planes to create a “Ship Graveyard”

I decided to make something for the Gunvolt subreddit that I'll post in the morning. I'm sorry and also enjoy.

AsimovThink.jpg

Was looking through some japanese translations, here's the briefing for Copen and GV side.

Nowa (Nori):
この近くにある街が突如として氷の覆われました
都市機能はマヒし, その混乱に乗じてエデンの構成員が占拠した模様です
A nearby city has been suddenly covered in ice
The city’s functions are paralyzed: and it’d seem that Eden members took profit of the confusion to take over the city

The city was suddenly frozen. So it's kinda confirmed it's all at once. Plus Tenjian has city freezing all over his dangeki file

Xiao:
どうやらその街を侵攻のための活動拠点にしているようだね...
氷は今も範囲を広げている. 急がないと全てがエデンに支配されてしまうかも...
テンジアンは, 豪華ホテルを基地にしているみたい. GV...頼めるかな?
Looks like they’re using the city as a base of operations of their invasion…
The ice’s still spreading. We gotta hurry or else Eden will rule over the whole nation…
Tenjian is using a luxury hotel as a base. GV… Can I count on you?

The ice continues to spread, so Tenjian can have even further environmental destruction or something after the initial freeze

By the way I found this really cool Gunvolt character for MUGEN, since I got reminded of MUGEN since Iron Fist's sprites in the next Death Battle are from MUGEN.

Also, I noticed you helped work on an edit for another version of Gunvolt. I wasn't aware you did MUGEN stuff.

Last edited:
Yuh we already looked at that, used some of it too. I put a lot of things on our MUGEN edit, ask Xmark if you wanna know more about it

i have successfully converted him into a fan

Last edited:
That's fire, actually. I remember when I was younger and wanted to do a Death Battle kind of thing, and the very first idea I had was Mega Man X VS Gunvolt. After doing the research, I was prepared to depict a completely one-sided fight lol

Just realized that EATR is the brother weapon of Dart Leader, it has 5km, and is likely powered by Asimov the same way Gunvolt power's the dart leader, maybe that deserves a "possibly higher" in range for Dart Leader?

Also, I should note that the quote on Tenjian's page is a direct result of 8-4's... "Interesting" translation.

While Tenjian in the 8-4 translation just does the "The strong should rule" thing, but the original Japanese version is different.

Isn’t that a tiny fraction of humans, anyway? I can’t believe in Non – Psychics as you do…
Humans can’t tolerate things different to them… Look at the history of humans (war)… History demonstrates that…
Survival of the strongest. We Psychics (new humans) will eradicate the old humans!
Would it be possible to adapt this quote to proper english and have this be Tenjian's quote?

Just realized that EATR is the brother weapon of Dart Leader, it has 5km, and is likely powered by Asimov the same way Gunvolt power's the dart leader, maybe that deserves a "possibly higher" in range for Dart Leader?
The Dart Leader is a pistol made for utility while the EATR is a rifle made for direct damage, so probably no.

There's a 25th anniversary stream happening at 11 pm today. As far as I know there aren't any major INTI Creates releases coming soon aside from maybe Blaster Master Zero 3, and while that is coming sooner than Gunvolt 3, it's still a ways away. This stream is probably worth looking into.

I also made a Gunvolt CRT.

Back