• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker Gunvolt CRT (LS and Universal Additions)

Okay, I'm gonna try and keep this organized, there's a lot to go through here, so I'll put this in sections marked off in Red

Lifting Strength
Most important part of the CRT, Lifting Strength upgrade, recently, there has been a calculation for Milas's Vortex Rush attack during his stage, a simplified version here. To put it simply, the numbers are fine. Now all that's left is to justify Lifting Strength can actually be derived from this in context, as just shooting water blasts doesn't exactly prove that the person can lift that much. However, if it's proved as a form of telekinesis / something similar to Magnetism Manipulation, then it can be used as a form of Lifting Strength. As well, I need to justify how it can scale to others.

Did Milas really lift that much water?
First off, let's prove that Milas did it. Because it IS indeed Milas doing it- on the first encounter with Vortex Rush, Gunvolt and Co. immediately speculate that this is an enemy Septima, proceeding to have a conversation that this was his weakness. Milas himself comments on how it didn't slow down Gunvolt's progress much as he switches to a different approach. As well, Milas quite literally uses the same move in his boss fight.

Next, we need to prove that Milas is doing this by manipulating the water itself and lifting it around through Telekinesis or something similar specific to water (so the end result would be Class M via Water Manipulation.

First off, All Septima are a form of Psychic Power. In Japan localizations of the Azure Striker Gunvolt (made by INTi, a Japanese Company), Adepts, people with Septima are literally called "Psychics", watch ANY gameplay footage of Japanese Gunvolt. But in case you really doubt me, here you go. Just go to the GV Wiki if you need to be absolutely sure.

This means they control things using their mind. Therefore, Milas controls water with his mind. Yes, Nimrod is Milas's Japanese name, go on the ASG2 Official Website if you want to make sure of that.

To have even MORE proof that this is a form of Telekinesis- lets take a look at Nova- who wields a Septima literally called "Psychokinesis", used for... well, Telekinesis. It is the most primitive form of Septima, that manipulates the world around it. This means that while it's the most basic, Nova's Septima basically tells us all about what Septima is, "use your mind to achieve the result you want". All other Septima are simply just derivatives of Nova's basic Septima, with their own little gimmicks such as water.

Another example of Septima just being telekinesis a lot of the time is Stella- her Gravity Septima allowing her to constantly control two high density buzz saws at all times, as well as just manipulating rubble into becoming dense blocks using her gravity Septima as a form of telekinesis.

Let's say that this isn't enough to convince you. I'll go to the Web Novel, "Fleeting Memories" that you can view yourself, like, the entire thing. This is localized by Matt Papa, the official localizer from Japanese to English, so "Adepts" are the English name, and this is in English. "Psychics" is the Japanese name. I can bring up the Japanese version if you really want just to prove that.

Mystics, soothsayers, psychics; all of the people who possess these kinds of supernatural powers are almost always born attached to the Tetrad (4th) stage of the Lifewave. The most powerful people among this group of supernaturals are sometimes born attached to the Quinary (5th) wave, but these are quite rare. When someone is born attached to the Senary (6th) wave, however, it is considered nothing short of a miracle, and these people and animals are viewed by society as being sacred; no different from a holy person.

The Senary wave was long thought to be the pinnacle of the Lifewave, but unforeseen events have begun to challenge and place doubt on this long held perception about the Lifewave.

In recent years, children have been born who possessed abilities that surpassed even those who were born attached to the Senary wave. Naturally, these children have been cast into the spotlight as this new ripple in the Lifewave was being noticed for the first time. These children were able to control, manipulate, and produce flames from their bare hands, run at blinding speeds; truly bend the laws of physics, nature, and gravity. The people possessing these amazing powers had no harbinger to announce that children all over the world now possess abilities that put those who were once regarded as holy people to shame; they were just simply popping up here and there. This group of people would eventually be referred to as “adepts”.

It was determined that these people simply could not have been born on the Senary wave, and was thus determined that these adepts were part of an uncharted territory of the Lifewave; a new apex which would become known as the Septimal (7th) wave.
Septima is part of the Lifewave, the top tier part of it, where as Mid-Tiers of the Lifewave are already considered to be "psychics", it's no doubt that they use their mind to, as the very Web Novel says "control, manipulate and produce X", like water. Everyone basically has "telekinesis" with whatever their gimmick is, like pyrokinesis, aerokinesis, and hydrokinesis. Even if it isn’t technically TK, I mean “control with mind, do things” seems very close and similar to me for it to apply.

CONCLUSION: Milas lifts the water with his mind. And even if it wasn’t the case, the next section covers the bases as to why people should still scale.

Scaling
The simple part. First off, ANY enemy that comes into contact with a vortex of water gets instantly crushed from it, while Gunvolt/Copen himself is simply shoved upwards. That means Gunvolt himself has to withstand this much water- so even if Lifting Strength feat itself is refuted because it's considered a "water blast", the fact remains that Gunvolt/Copen survived being utterly crushed by the huge amount of mass, and it doesn't matter whether or not the user of the Vortex Rush "actually lifted" the water.

As for how it can scale to other people, well, first off, Gunvolt/Copen himself can still force his way out of it, the player inputting a direction to do it- and I don't think INTi really wants to create swimming sprites, but it's probably safe to assume that as the top ranking Adept of a freedom fighting private organization aiming to take down the ruler of the nation, Gunvolt would know how to swim. However, this is just one water pillar, so he'd only be scaling to fighting off the one pillar, instead of the four that Milas can do.

This basically means that anyone that can grapple Gunvolt can do the same- and honestly, all boss Adepts should be comparable to each other.

This should also scale to most Boss Adepts due to the likely being more powerful than the Eden Trapper Bot, a normal enemy within the game that can ensnare GV or Copen without them being able to escape at all compared to their ability to swim out of Vortex Rush. Or Elise's Zombies, which also Grapple Gunvolt. As well, there are catapults that can do the same thing Milas can do in terms of moving things around and I'm quite sure that boss characters are stronger than some... catapults. As well, Milas's Vortex Rushes destroy all enemies that are caught up in it, likely by utterly crushing them. So it's obvious that Gunvolt is resisting a lot of force, and even more impressively, swim out of them.
If not, the following should scale to this:
  • Copen: Is also a Player Character that can do the same thing
  • Merak: Can easily shove and push around Gunvolt with his mecha, sending him flying across the room
  • Viper: Can knock GV around, pushing him into flame pillars with his kicks, and using him as a surface to jump off of
  • Carrera: Can grab and trap Gunvolt without giving him any chance of escape, unlike the Eden Trapper, which can be broken out of
  • Elise: Her Gorgon Gaze, in addition to resistance, requires physical effort to break out of.
  • Stratos: Can instantly crush and kill Gunvolt with his Nemesis Fang
  • Nova: Can somewhat shove Gunvolt with a powerful wind blast. Can call down a giant meteor to crush and instantly kill Gunvolt, and is referred to as the strongest Adept in the setting with a Telekinesis Septima stronger in battling power than the Azure Striker
  • Tenjian: Can instantly freeze Gunvolt or Copen with Flash Freezing, Frigid Blossom, or Seven Slashes
  • Gibril: Can ensnare Gunvolt or Copen with an Iron Maiden, forcing them to break out physically
  • Desna: Can grapple Gunvolt or Copen, both with no chance to escape with her Entangled Strands. Can pull of similar feats that Milas can with her air manipulation, attracting Gunvolt and Copen towards her.
  • Milas: Can use Vortex Rush to capture Gunvolt or Copen in a whirlpool of water with little chance of escape
  • Rebellio: Can ensnare Copen with Crimson Death Thread, with no chance of escape
  • Lola Tank: Can ensare Copen with Rebellio's Septima, again with no chance of escape
  • Stella: Can pin down Copen with Cage Chakram and Heavy Shackles, with little to no chance of escape respectively
  • Dystine: Can trap Copen with Total Blackout and Shroud Spear, the former with no chance of escape

CONCLUSION: Gunvolt/Copen withstands all of that water, even if it is disproven that Milas somehow doesn't lift the water, which his whole thing, we can still use Lifting Strength physically as that much water, nevertheless of how it was manipulated, was survived by Gunvolt/Copen, and every other comparable person should scale.

Specific Additions
This will go over all specific abilities certain characters should get. I'll make sure to provide some kind of proof, typically Nintendo Dangeki Magazines, which I do have scans of in both translated and original form

Gunvolt
Remove Type 4 Immortality, established that there is no ressurection via reincarntion due to Anthem working by increasing GV's regenerative powers.

Addition of Martial Arts

GV1
Joule: You're in pretty good shape, GV. Do you do any martial arts?

Gunvolt: I did them a lot when I was at QUILL.

Joule: So that'd be like...assassination and stuff?

Gunvolt: Asimov said it was karate based off of "chatan yarakuu shanku". So basically, it was an original kind of martial art...

He probably thinks "baritsu" is a real martial art...

Joule: Cha-tan-raku...whaaa?

Gunvolt: "Chatan yaraukuu shanku". It's like karate, but I dunno more than that.

Joule: Cha-ran-sha-ta-ku...

Gunvolt: ...You don't have to remember this.
GV2
Quinn: Hey, GV? I have a question about your martial arts. Do you use any chatan-yara kusanku in your forms?

Gunvolt: Yeah. I do. That's impressive, Quinn.

Chatan-yara kusanku is a style of karate. My instructor claimed it was the base of his form. I didn't really believe him at the time, but... Well, it looks like he was telling the truth.

Quinn: I took some karate when I was younger.

Gunvolt: Did you study the chatan-yara kusanku forms?

Quinn: Nah. But I've seen 'em in movies and junk.

Joule: Pffft! Everyone knows about chutting yaka-- Er, chattan yaku... saku... Never mind! Shut up! ...Don't talk to me.

Asimov
Martial Arts, he also blocks Nori's knife throw with his fist, as well as her kick. Scaling to GV because of the scans above, no reason why he shouldn't have it since he was mentioned in GV's convo

Fake Zonda
Managed to overhear Moniqa and GV's communications, some kind of Telepathy or Tech Maip?

Moniqa: Ugh... I feel pretty dizzy...

GV: You can turn off the monitor if you want. I don't mind.

Moniqa: No, it's OK. I'll keep the support coming till you're done.

Zonda: What's that, you feel dizzy? From all of my Love? Love is like the finest wine... how~e~ver... you'll be in an eternal stupor from MY Love! Lovedrunk forever!

Gibril
Should have Durability Negation via Life Manipulation, her EX Weapon, Ferrous Fangs, one shots Organic enemies but doesn't do crap against Machine enemies. She is also fueled by people, so Life Absorption too

Gunvolt: You're with The Seven!

Gibril: Sure am! Like my lab? We bring all the useless animals here. Then I drain their life force and use it to fuel my Septima. Neat, no? Zonda sure has some impressive Sumeragi tech.

Gunvolt: ......!

Gibril: Anyway, let's get back to this whole "kid" thing. You'll pay for that, buddy-boy... and it's going to hurt!

Gunvolt: Don't tell me those zombies in the mansion were...

Gibril: Lifeless shells controlled by my Septima, Metallon? Yessir! I command metal. Iron is in the blood. Do the math. It feels so good to turn the tables on these jerks.

Gunvolt: That's despicable!

Gibril: Nope! It's recycling. Hell, these hippies probably like it. I mean, if an empty husk can actually "like" anything.

Tenjian
Simply put, Tenjian's ability is NOT to control ice, rather to "freeze anything", his main application is simply to use it for Ice Manipulation. The Official Site and Dangeki Profiles both support this, so he should have Limited Heat/Temperature Manipulation, as his ability is literally that, just only going downwards

Nova and Merak
Simply put, their Septimas are so powerful that a Glaive's Power Absorption wasn't enough to seal off all of it. The should have Limited Power Absorption Resistance, as Glaives normally seal the full thing.

Elise
Simply put, her kunais can transform into snakes, which petrify to stone once they are killed, this has to be some form of Transmutation and Life Manipulation. You can see it in gameplay, so just go to a video of fighting Elise and you can see it for yourself

Elise 2 (the crazy one) also has a
constant Berserker Mode, as the only times we ever see her, she's always berserk and crazy, that's kind of her whole thing.

Viper
His case is easy, he should gain Limited Heat Manipulation, Limited Air Manipulation, and Limited Platform Creation, a scaffolding is basically a construction site platform they take down after the building is complete, so basically what it means is that Viper uses heat manipulation to control the air and make a platform.

Jota
His ability is literally him turning into photons

Lola
Hacking and Enhanced Senses. Both of from Luminous Avenger iX, where she well... hacks... machines... to get... codes... I mean, just play the game and follow the story. Same with Enhance Senses, at the beginning cutscene she and Copen detect enemy movements and I believe heat signatures. This is all littered throughout the game, so it's a bit hard to get the proof since I can't remember small details, they have Technology manipulation too through some conversations as well.

Sumeragi Swordsman Glaive Summoning
They quite literally summon their Glaives into their hand to transform and do their thing, it's right there, they do it before every boss fight.
Even the one guy who supposedly CAN'T do this because Sumeragi decided to administer full control over his Glaive, he summoned it anyways

Stratos
As mentioned in the above scan, he has a Berserk Mode that turns on whenever he's hungry... well he's pretty much crazy all the time.

Universal Additions
Finally, some things that all Adepts have, I'll make sure to provide proof for each one

Reactive Power Level (or Stats Amp) and Rage Power
There have been many many demonstrations that Emotions, Willpower, and Conciousness are directly associated with Septima output. Including Fleeting Memories

Here are examples in which they strengthen Septima- mostly strong negative emotions like Anger and Fear are what increases the Septima, but it's safe to assume that as long as it's a strong emotion, they will get a power boost.:

Tenjian was but a small child
here, and couldn't really do much with his Septima, even with a Glaive and being far older, he couldn't do much but freeze some ground beneath GV and Copen's feet, even though the scan says that he could have done more, the point of it was to say that his Septima wasn't exactly that strong even with a Glaive

There is also Gibril’s case,
here- which shows a child Gibril using her Septima to defend herself from her father with anger and fear as her main catalysts.

Joule, the Muse- activates her Anthem in times of when she truly cares and worries about Gunvolt, like… when he was dying- and most descriptions of this power always describe that Joule sings for him when he’s in trouble- thus a highly emotional situation

And the final example is Dystine, who had previously had a weak Septima (like most Septima, which are typically as weak as making flowers grow faster) which himself does not make a big deal about, until his rage over his late master enhanced his Septima to be on par with the rest of the Falcons- the most elite and powerful Septima users in the setting at the time. In fact, it was strong enough to damage the most powerful Septima user, Asimov- as an EX Weapon. This suggests that these power ups can be permanent, as this was revealed a significant amount of time after his master’s death.

As well, there are overall a lot of notable times when emotional moments sort of correlate with power- such as the endings of both mainline games, Gibril unleashing her Skill that kills herself out of anger, Tenjian using the self killing Seven Slashes when he is prepared to die for his cause- allowing his Septimal power to go far beyond it’s abilities of freezing objects to freezing concepts itself, Asroc and Teseo using the last of their willpower to turn back on the Plasma Legion even after death.

Conversely, if an Adept is knocked out (very rare exceptions including Teseo and Asroc), their Septima completely disappears. (Fleeting Memories)

Her septimal power was truly something to behold; it was like her Septima was her own willpower. As for the criminal, although there are rare exceptions, usually when an Adept loses consciousness, their powers cease to function, which is why the bandanna wearing man’s flame went out when he collapsed.

As well, losing concentration can affect the effectiveness of attacks, such as in Copen’s Story
A woman clad in maid uniform totally analogous to this place all jumped out from within the Sabertooth --- it was Nori.

“Stupid Angel’s Initiation, Maid Kick!!”

“Sheesh!”

Asimov, still under the effects of the Greed Snatcher, had no choice but to dodge Nori’s flying kick.

Given the unexpected intrusion, his concentration got altered and noise ran along the image (vision) of the Voltaic Chains and jolted a little bit. Nori didn’t let the chance elude her.

She quickly grabbed Copen and pulled him away from the Voltaic Chains.
The same thing happens in Drama CDs

So Septimal Powers increase and decrease depending on a person's mental state, though we don't know exactly what emotions would lower it

Extrasensory Perception
This one is simple. People with Septima can detect each other.

Want more proof?

Tenjian Stage
Joule: Hold on, GV. I'm sensing someone...
Lola: Hey, Copen? I think I feel something here...
Stratos Stage
[Indiscriminately hostile insect swarms]

GV: What were those? Flies? Seems like they have no sense of friend or foe...

Moniqa: Perhaps some experimental creature...?

No... They have a different vibe...

GV: This has to be someone's Septima.

Moniqa: So you're saying an Adept is behind this?

GV: Yeah... I have a feeling I'll run into this person at some point...
Medical Center (LAiX)
Lola Navi: I'm getting an irregular Septima reading. It's...being controlled.
Sewers
Joule: I'm feeling septimal energy...

[Water torrent]

Gunvolt: Was that a Septima?

Whoever it is, they're trying to block my path with water.

Xiao: A water adept? That's not going to be fun.

Resistance to Brainwashing
Elise's part explains it all

However, there is a "shown" limit to it, as Brainwashing from the Muse is the end goal of Sumeragi's "Project Muse", likely being able to break through this resistance

Resistance to Life Manipulation
Gunvolt, and therefore pretty much any relevant Adept, don't get one shotted by Gibril's Life Manipulation... self explainatory

Acceptance

Agree: HyperNepsy, XMark12, The_Smashor, Oleggator, Parzival_Bo, Bobscian

Last edited:
"Universal Hax"? Drop the clickbait, not all abilities are hax abilities.
Anyways, I'll comment later.

Alright coo, everyone i see here should be knowledgeable on the verse- just gonna wait on Bob’s opinion and see what admin I can get on

Let's see...

I'm iffy on claiming that GV can swim just because he's a trained guy and whatever, it's still too speculative, and the game doesn't even imply that, instead having the option of moving game-mechanic-like around if it hits. But this is far from the crux of the argument, so I'm fine with all the Lifting Strength blog beyond that.

However, I'm iffy with claiming telekinesis is being involved, none of the scans are blatant, and it's clear "Psychics" is nothing more than a title, than a proper definite trait in itself, and doesn't inherently means telekinesis either, plus Nova's scan instead implies this is simply a power that reshapes matter and space with thoughts, which isn't inherently telekinesis as well, but it's clear it's not being done physically nor with machinery, so this doesn't change much, plus GV would still scale durability-wise, and from there to AP by harming others that can harm him. If your argument was that he was able to do it, then you already got that, but I wouldn't just call it Telekinesis out of semantics, even if effectively similar here (or if you will, "limited Telekinesis" is a better term, namely because I fear a misunderstanding can happen here where every Adept gets Telekinesis for bad reasons).

IDK how any of that fits as Reactive Power Level. Rage Power? Sure, but RPL is for becoming stronger across a battle, rather than based on any emotion that can happen while in it, for that I'd just list Statistics Amplification plus an explanation among those lines.

Everything else looks fine.

I mean... It would kind of be dumb that GV doesn't know how to swim, given... well, physical activity is his thing, I'm sure he'd at least know how to do a basic breaststroke, if children can do it, GV can to.

Well, what I'm really trying to say is that like... Adepts use their mind to do their adept stuff- it's all a mental thing, heck, EP stands for Electro Psychic Energy, I don't know how much more blatant it can get with "it's mental based", the RPL/RP scan thing also kinda proves that Septima is definitely a Psychic power primarily. Like, Milas should at least have Class M Water Manip, because we.... clearly see that- that much water is being lifted to shove intruders upwards. And GV/Copen don't get utterly crushed by his water, so scaling is possible

第七波動(セブンス)は意志の力だ。稀に例外もあるが、大抵の場合は能力者が意識を失うとその効果も失ってします。男が気を失ったため、火球も消えたのだろう。
Dai nana hadou (sebunsu) wa ishi no chikara da. Mare ni reigai mo aru ga, taitei no baai wa nouryokusha ga ishiki wo ushinau to sono kouka mo ushinatte shimasu. Otoko ga ki wo ushinatta tame, kakyuu mo kieta no darou.
The 7th Wave (Sevens) was a will-power. There were some few and rare exceptions, but, in most cases, if the Psychic turns unconscious then that effect is lost. Since the man had lost consciousness then the fireball had vanished as well.
This is the more literal translation, without Matt Papa’s stylization, but they both basically prove that it’s willlpower/mentally/psychically based- also the whole emotional state thing proving it too.

whatever the case may be Im pretty sure we all agree on LS

Uh, Reactive Power Level doesn't mean JUST powering up right? I thought it covers their powers going down too, that's why I listed it like that, but sure Stats Amp

If everything else is fine I can call an admin here?

Last edited:
I mean... It would kind of be dumb that GV doesn't know how to swim, given... well, physical activity is his thing, I'm sure he'd at least know how to do a basic breaststroke, if children can do it, GV can to.

Well, what I'm really trying to say is that like... Adepts use their mind to do their adept stuff- it's all a mental thing, heck, EP stands for Electro Psychic Energy, I don't know how much more blatant it can get with "it's mental based", the RPL/RP scan thing also kinda proves that Septima is definitely a Psychic power primarily. Like, Milas should at least have Class M Water Manip, because we.... clearly see that- that much water is being lifted to shove intruders upwards. And GV/Copen don't get utterly crushed by his water, so scaling is possible

This is the more literal translation, without Matt Papa’s stylization, but they both basically prove that it’s willlpower/mentally/psychically based- also the whole emotional state thing proving it too.

whatever the case may be Im pretty sure we all agree on LS

Uh, Reactive Power Level doesn't mean JUST powering up right? I thought it covers their powers going down too, that's why I listed it like that, but sure Stats Amp

If everything else is fine I can call an admin here?
I mean, it's still rather speculative and doesn't necessarily means he knows to swim in the first place, and we default to the negative, so I'd just say that he can't swim, even while there's segments where he has to go underwater, he doesn't swim either, but rather just moves "as normal" beyond being unable to use the Flashfield, or breathe, lol, does this ring a bell? It'd be more reasonable if this was implied more, say, being able to "jump" indefinitely while underwater, proper animations while underwater out of "swimming", etc.

Yeah, that much I agree on.

RPL is only for becoming stronger, yes, so I'd just list stat amp and stat decrease accordingly with that explanation. Man, at this pace we'll get an Adept Physiology page.

Feel free to contact staff at this point.

Lmao imagine being part of a guerilla style freedom fighter organization for 5 or so + years, fighting the emporers of the world daily though all sorts of environments and not knowing how to swim

smh GV what u doing bro

Anyways gonna get mod

Oh wait for some reason Gunvolt and Asimov don't have Martial Arts, when there's conversations talking about it. I'll get the scans later because tired tho

Basically Asimov blocks Nori's knife, and martial arts (Chatan Yura Kushanku) is brought up in GV1 and 2, with GV mentioning that he uses it as well as Asimov. Don't know why it isn't in the profiles even though it's right there

Lmao it's in GV's profile but only in the intelligence section

Well, you asked me to evaluate it, so I of course gave it a read (just the OP to be clear, so sorry if some of this has already been brought up).

Lifting Strength: I'm fine with the notion that the water is lifted, but have a problem with the reasoning that escaping or withstanding the water scales in lifting strength. Not getting crushed is simply a matter of durability.
Meanwhile, slipping out on the side doesn't require comparable strength to the strength needed to lift the water. Ever tried balancing a stone on a water beam? It will just immediately slip out. As it turns out, water beams don't really try to keep things inside of them a lot.

Nintendo Dangeki Magazines: To start with, is there any proof those magazines should in any way be considered canon? Proceeding under the assumption they are canon.

Specific Additions:
-I actually don't see the proof for the Immortality removal.
-Martial Arts stuff is fine
-Telepathy/Tech Manip: Tbh that quote tells me nothing without context. For all I know they are standing 3 meters beside each other...
-Life Manip seems fine.
-I guess changing it to heat manip is fine. Tbh, I have seen ice manip used for freezing, but do it as you like.
-Power Absorption Resistance: But if the reason the power absorption fails is just too much power to absorb, then isn't that just tier-limited power absorption being overpowered? It's like saying having lots of mana lets you resist mana absorption.
-limited Life Manip / Transmutation seems fine.
-Viper stuff seems ok.
-Lola stuff... probably ok.
-Summoning seems ok.
-Stratos is fine I guess.

Universal stuff:
-I don't see that being reactive power level, as it's not simply by fighting. Rage power is the most fitting, I suppose. Although I wonder if this should apply to high end masters. In my understanding of what you wrote, the prime examples you bring up are people that quite possibly have a lot of latent potential to bring out. Would someone that has mastered all his power also be able to bring out more by losing control? I don't think a technique weakening or being canceled when the user can't concentrate of it is grounds to give an ability... basically every spell in every magic verse probably has that property.
-ESP seems fine.
-Resistances seem fine.

Lifting Strength: I'm fine with the notion that the water is lifted, but have a problem with the reasoning that escaping or withstanding the water scales in lifting strength. Not getting crushed is simply a matter of durability.
Meanwhile, slipping out on the side doesn't require comparable strength to the strength needed to lift the water. Ever tried balancing a stone on a water beam? It will just immediately slip out. As it turns out, water beams don't really try to keep things inside of them a lot.
If I told you that the water beams make a legitimate effort to pull you back in if you try to get out, will things be different? There's not gonna be a video of that online tho because no one lets that happen on purpose. Milas manually controls these with to keep GV in there, but GV can force his way out, heck even when you push the analog stick all the way, it takes a long time for GV to get out of there because Milas is pulling back in with the giant vortex of water. This is especially evident when the context of Vortex Rush is specifically to hold GV still so Milas can attack him with his boomerang. If Milas has the lifting strength to lift that much water, why can't he trap Gunvolt completely to guarentee the hit if he vastly overpowers him in LS (Average Human vs Class M)?

Plus, can't we just downscale it heavily? I still don't see the problem with not scaling due to survival. I mean, if GV is really normal human- he'd just be crushed flat or at best be unable to move. If I was buried under a mountain of rock (like, completely, not like part of me is sticking out), I sure as heck cannot move, even if I lived. The fact that GV can successfully exert any amount of movement makes him, even if heavily downscaled, somewhat scalable.
Nintendo Dangeki Magazines: To start with, is there any proof those magazines should in any way be considered canon? Proceeding under the assumption they are canon.
Absolutely sir. I'm not on my laptop rn, but I can assure you I've got all the proof here. I'll bring in the scans later and how they are consistent with the games.

These profiles/outside sources that aren’t the game are provided by INTi Creates themselves, one of which, Fleeting Memories is translated by Matt Papa, who is someone you can definitely contact even today because he’s always streaming every 2 weeks on the official INTi YouTube Channel. Heck, I recall even in one stream where Matt Papa talks about Fleeting Memories as something to check out if you wanted to know more about Gunvolt lore and it was stated to be written by the same person who makes the scenario of the setting in that very stream if you listen far enough, same can be said for Dangeki Profiles, and while I really don’t wanna do this, if you really wanted me too, I can see if I can contact him on twitch chat about the subject- but I really don’t want to interfere an honest man’s life to talk about something like this.

Anyways I'll be using Tenjian, Elise, Gunvolt, Asimov, Copen (GV2/iX), Gibril, Jota, Stratos, and Desna's profiles, comparing them to the games and the official website for consistency.

From the Canon page of VSBW
Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them.
None of the info presented on the profile EVER contradicts the events of the games and only adds to the story that the game on its own cannot explain without severely padding it out.
The generally agreed-upon definition is that the work by the original author and creator of the fictional setting is canonical
These are made by INTi themselves, and published by them themselves, anything related to Gunvolt is their very own IP. If they aren’t making it. No one is (except Blade Strangers and the OVA). I even have the raw images on hand.
Telepathy/Tech Manip: Tbh that quote tells me nothing without context. For all I know they are standing 3 meters beside each other
Way further than that's it's from far away. The person that was actually dizzy was on comms, and the guy on the field, Gunvolt was still far away from Zonda, as he's not even in sight for the entire stage

-Power Absorption Resistance: But if the reason the power absorption fails is just too much power to absorb, then isn't that just tier-limited power absorption being overpowered? It's like saying having lots of mana lets you resist mana absorption.
Smashor, ur up
Universal stuff:
-I don't see that being reactive power level, as it's not simply by fighting. Rage power is the most fitting, I suppose. Although I wonder if this should apply to high end masters. In my understanding of what you wrote, the prime examples you bring up are people that quite possibly have a lot of latent potential to bring out. Would someone that has mastered all his power also be able to bring out more by losing control? I don't think a technique weakening or being canceled when the user can't concentrate of it is grounds to give an ability... basically every spell in every magic verse probably has that property.
Hm.. alright Rage Power it is. However, the primary example, Dystine specifically says he is "nothing special" as an Adept in his boss cutscene I'll get a screenshot later, but it really is every adept. Tenjian as a child is capable of doing this. I really don't think he's a "master" at this age, all he's trying to do at this stage of his life is to survive from every non-Adept trying to kill him

Last edited:
The process of making a glaive completely removes an Adept's Septimosome from their body, despite a Septimosome being the origin of Septimal power in an Adept. This implies that an Adept can still use their Septima so long as their Septimosome exists somewhere, even if it dosn't exist within their own bodies as it's supposed to.

Most Adepts should be able to use their Septima in some small way without their Septimosome, though this seemingly causes some sort of negative effects (At least according to Merak's butler).

It's not terribly applicable, to put it simply, as we only ever see a very limited usage of Merak's Septima, and his septima isn't even combat focused to begin with.

Nova's Septima is too powerful for his Glaive to contain, and he's able to utilize a weakened version of his septima due to this. This also means that Septima can overwhelm lesser Power Absorption, leaving the Adept weakened but still more than capable of fighting.

Stratos' Septima, meanwhile, is a special case, as his Septima is too unstable to be properly sealed rather than overwhelming the glaive with sheer power, though the Glaive was evidently still able to absorb some of it.

Okay I'm back. I'll provide Dangeki scan comparisons, was too lazy to do Stratos and Gibril, but here we are. I'll hyperlink the actual game script (the actual dialogue to the very word), which you will see below, with the dangeki profile that matches up with it. I can pull up in game pictures of the dialogue, but... please don't make me do that just to make things harder bro it's hard work to have pull up something like this. If this isn't enough, all I can do is say that I seriously swear this is canon stuff, and the lore is just far too interesting to like, have it not be canon. The backstories are definitely something that can't be put into the game because it'd be padding it out and just terrible.

Tenjian Fight Dialogue

Tenjian Stage Briefing
When you enter the stage, the city is literally frozen in front of your eyes

True Final Boss fight
Asimov: Did you think you were the only one with this kind of Septima? Long ago, the first Adept was discovered in South America. His Septima could control electricity... "The Azure Striker". Lightning attacks, speed boosts, and most importantly... In this day and age where we all use electronics... Being able to control electronic devices is our ultimate ability. When Sumeragi couldn't generate enough electricity... They saw Adepts as the key to solving their energy woes. Sumeragi planned to mass-produce these Adepts for energy research. They replicated the first Septima and inserted it into test subjects. This was "Project Gunvolt". However, most people were not compatible. Only two survived. Those survivors would be... You and I.

True Final Stage Prologue

Bullits = Blitz, as Blitz is the Japanese Name- much like how Acura is Copen's Japanese name. iX Conversations

Elise Boss Rematch
Dom Elise: Haah... Yeah, that's just how she is. She was technically made before me, but... She was out of control, so they sealed her up real tight, you know... Maybe Sumeragi found a way... To control the second Elise you see before you.
yes, in the second link of this one, the proof of the crazy Elise’s resurrection power’s being the strongest is displayed in the fight where she is seen reviving the other two at half HP each while the other two Elises can only restore a quarter.

Heck, in the OST Booklets that provide similar information, they straight up say "Spoilers, don't read until you played the game"

Honestly, I could just keep going on and on with more and more evidence as to how it all lines up, even give you a timeline INTi Creates officially produced that INCLUDES outside information aside from the games, that covers Dangeki Profiles, such as Asimov's code name "Takefusu", or Drama CDs that the Dangekis reference. Like how Nova’s profile references the Drama CD Justice Rage, which is on the official timeline which includes the game’s placement on said timeline in the official ost (or was it artbook) booklet

In fact, I feel confident enough that I can connect every single character profile to the official work or website in some form or way to prove that these profiles line up and are considered canon- because these are the most reliable and consistent sources I have seen for any franchise EVER. Plus, if Mega Man can do it, why not the Mega Man Clone…? Made by the actual guys who did Mega Man games…?

And I could get the entire Gunvolt Wiki Community to testify that this stuff is real. So I'm really hoping that this is enough

Last edited:
We don't give resistances negation by overwhelming something, that's even mentioned in the Resistance page, that's all, list that it's strong enought to do that if anything.

I was held at gunpoint to play these games. The point is, as someone who has played and suffered (this is a joke) playing these games, I can confirm that this is all canon and nothing really looks wrong. I mean it's apart of the story lol

unknown.png

That's GV's Dangeki profile in the flesh, the first page

Take a closer look
Euh0.png

INTi endorses this stuff, they write this stuff, it's consistent with what is presented in the game

If I told you that the water beams make a legitimate effort to pull you back in if you try to get out, will things be different? There's not gonna be a video of that online tho because no one lets that happen on purpose. Milas manually controls these with to keep GV in there, but GV can force his way out, heck even when you push the analog stick all the way, it takes a long time for GV to get out of there because Milas is pulling back in with the giant vortex of water. This is especially evident when the context of Vortex Rush is specifically to hold GV still so Milas can attack him with his boomerang. If Milas has the lifting strength to lift that much water, why can't he trap Gunvolt completely to guarentee the hit if he vastly overpowers him in LS (Average Human vs Class M)?
Does he also escape some other water move from him or only the one where he uses much of his strength to lift the water in the first place?

Plus, can't we just downscale it heavily? I still don't see the problem with not scaling due to survival. I mean, if GV is really normal human- he'd just be crushed flat or at best be unable to move. If I was buried under a mountain of rock (like, completely, not like part of me is sticking out), I sure as heck cannot move, even if I lived. The fact that GV can successfully exert any amount of movement makes him, even if heavily downscaled, somewhat scalable.
That's because for rock friction plays an issue in a different way than for water. Think about how fish can live deep down in the ocean for example. They can move down there and not because deep-sea fish are extremely strong. The water pressures from the right and the left just basically cancel each other out.

Absolutely sir. I'm not on my laptop rn, but I can assure you I've got all the proof here. I'll bring in the scans later and how they are consistent with the games.

These profiles/outside sources that aren’t the game are provided by INTi Creates themselves, one of which, Fleeting Memories is translated by Matt Papa, who is someone you can definitely contact even today because he’s always streaming every 2 weeks on the official INTi YouTube Channel. Heck, I recall even in one stream where Matt Papa talks about Fleeting Memories as something to check out if you wanted to know more about Gunvolt lore and it was stated to be written by the same person who makes the scenario of the setting in that very stream if you listen far enough, same can be said for Dangeki Profiles, and while I really don’t wanna do this, if you really wanted me too, I can see if I can contact him on twitch chat about the subject- but I really don’t want to interfere an honest man’s life to talk about something like this.
Ok.

Way further than that's it's from far away. The person that was actually dizzy was on comms, and the guy on the field, Gunvolt was still far away from Zonda, as he's not even in sight for the entire stage
Ok. I guess intercepting communication is ok then.

Hm.. alright Rage Power it is. However, the primary example, Dystine specifically says he is "nothing special" as an Adept in his boss cutscene I'll get a screenshot later, but it really is every adept. Tenjian as a child is capable of doing this. I really don't think he's a "master" at this age, all he's trying to do at this stage of his life is to survive from every non-Adept trying to kill him
Rage power then.

The process of making a glaive completely removes an Adept's Septimosome from their body, despite a Septimosome being the origin of Septimal power in an Adept. This implies that an Adept can still use their Septima so long as their Septimosome exists somewhere, even if it dosn't exist within their own bodies as it's supposed to.

Most Adepts should be able to use their Septima in some small way without their Septimosome, though this seemingly causes some sort of negative effects (At least according to Merak's butler).

It's not terribly applicable, to put it simply, as we only ever see a very limited usage of Merak's Septima, and his septima isn't even combat focused to begin with.

Nova's Septima is too powerful for his Glaive to contain, and he's able to utilize a weakened version of his septima due to this. This also means that Septima can overwhelm lesser Power Absorption, leaving the Adept weakened but still more than capable of fighting.

Stratos' Septima, meanwhile, is a special case, as his Septima is too unstable to be properly sealed rather than overwhelming the glaive with sheer power, though the Glaive was evidently still able to absorb some of it.
Alright, I understood some of those words. In my understanding, the Glaives are designed to grant them access to their power under certain circumstances, no? Seems like a bit of a hasty generalization to go from them being able to user the power contained in those weapons to being able to do the same if another person absorbs them.

I guess if the Adepts can make small usage of the powers while definitely having no access to their thingy, then those small usages could remain. That would be limited Resistance at most and the minor usages they can do at that point would need to be specified.

If Nova's Septima is simply too powerful, then that's just the equivalent of having too big of a mana pool for the opponent to absorb. That shouldn't be listed as resistance.

Stratos' has more merit (although it still sounds like a low degree tbh). However, I wonder if the issue here is absorbing the power or containing the power after absorption? If it's just the former then that can still be listed, but I don't think its really resistance. The power can still be absorbed after all, it just can't be used easily afterwards.

Does he also escape some other water move from him or only the one where he uses much of his strength to lift the water in the first place?
Specifically escaping? No. Plus I don't see what's the problem with it just being that one move, after all, why would the creators want to have multiple moves that just do the same thing? This is Milas's most casual "attack" if you even call it that, it doesn't even hurt Gunvolt at all, it's main purpose is to set up for another attack that actually deals damage to Gunvolt, he's definitely not using "much of his strength". In fact, he wasn't even in his Weaponized form (the form he uses when he actually fights seriously using the Muse's power, instead of just blowing him off).

Even if it was "much of his strength", that just proves that GV's LS is just that big compared to Milas's

However, Milas does have two moves that does shove Gunvolt around, and he can resist, (which i can possibly test rn)

In fact, a large chunk of Milas's power comes from a fraction the Muse (for these purposes let's just say its just the McDuffin power up thing), and he wasn't even using it to try and shove around GV (indicator being his non-weaponized form). GV breaks out of the Weaponized form version, which is still very casual due to its nature of being a set up move, like a jab in boxing

Nova (another guy), with the full power of the Muse, and shove GV off a space station platform with some mere wind (much like Milas does with water)- and Nova is WAY stronger than Milas. GV quite literally runs the opposite direction of the wind to not get blown off, and that is Nova's most casual attack as well.

Also for some reason we forgot Jota's intangibility that's literally all his ability does how did we miss that

Last edited:
Specifically escaping? No. Plus I don't see what's the problem with it just being that one move, after all, why would the creators want to have multiple moves that just do the same thing? This is Milas's most casual "attack" if you even call it that, it doesn't even hurt Gunvolt at all, it's main purpose is to set up for another attack that actually deals damage to Gunvolt, he's definitely not using "much of his strength". In fact, he wasn't even in his Weaponized form (the form he uses when he actually fights seriously using the Muse's power, instead of just blowing him off).

Even if it was "much of his strength", that just proves that GV's LS is just that big compared to Milas's

However, Milas does have two moves that does shove Gunvolt around, and he can resist, (which i can possibly test rn)

In fact, a large chunk of Milas's power comes from a fraction the Muse (for these purposes let's just say its just the McDuffin power up thing), and he wasn't even using it to try and shove around GV (indicator being his non-weaponized form). GV breaks out of the Weaponized form version, which is still very casual due to its nature of being a set up move, like a jab in boxing

Nova (another guy), with the full power of the Muse, and shove GV off a space station platform with some mere wind (much like Milas does with water)- and Nova is WAY stronger than Milas. GV quite literally runs the opposite direction of the wind to not get blown off, and that is Nova's most casual attack as well.

Also for some reason we forgot Jota's intangibility that's literally all his ability does how did we miss that
There's in principle no problem with it being one move. I just asked, because escaping a different move than the theoretically easy to escape water pillar could make much stronger evidence.
If he can resist getting push around by some other water attack, like you mentioned, that makes things a lot more certain.

As for the intangibility: Technically photons would scatter if hit with something. Light can't just pass through walls, after all. Is there some evidence that he can gather his scattered body back together or that he can move through things after turning into photons?

There's in principle no problem with it being one move. I just asked, because escaping a different move than the theoretically easy to escape water pillar could make much stronger evidence.
If he can resist getting push around by some other water attack, like you mentioned, that makes things a lot more certain.
I see, well, I didn't get to test it yet, but considering the Nova wind box and the other moves, yeah. I'll test with Milas's other moves later.
As for the intangibility: Technically photons would scatter if hit with something. Light can't just pass through walls, after all. Is there some evidence that he can gather his scattered body back together or that he can move through things after turning into photons?
Then it can just be Elemental Intangibility right? Like, attacks pass through him... and... like, what else would it be?

Back