• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man Zero vs Moebius-Gunvolt (Zero vs Gunvolt)

This match is now rendered a stomp in Gunvolt's Favor. Requesting a close.
Due to Prevasion being 4D. Zero is incapable of hitting Moebius, while Moebius can activate Astral Order at any time.

Remember this thread? Now it’s possible. Well, only in a certain way. I'm not exactly using Gunvolt here

Both are the protagonists of the masterpieces of INTI Creates, the ones behind the Mega Man Zero / ZX series and its spiritual successor, the Azure Striker Gunvolt series. Naturally, people would match these two up together. But considering they're made from the same company, at least the versions we are using- I made a little story for this- of course, you can skip it, but it's for fun.

It was but another day in the resistance base- Zero had just defeated Omega, and had a new weapon placed into his hands, the Z-Knuckle. After his hard fought battles to recognize himself as the true Zero, he’s felt somewhat at peace knowing he’d always be the real deal, even though Weil’s threat still continued.

But suddenly, Ciel calls Zero into the command room, something urgent is at play, by the look on her face, it’s not looking good.

“A strange phenomenon has shown up on our scanners, space-time is warping considerably…, as if our world is about to collide with another… I’m not sure what we’re supposed do…”

The monitor flickers, surging with azure electricity-

He looks nothing like a Reploid, but it looks like he’s far different from any normal human now. He’s not of this world, yet he’s so desperate to be asking for help from another…

Space swells

Is this person related?

The operators notice that something is trying to hack into their teleporters… they start panicking to lock this person out.

GV.png

“Let him.” Zero says- aware of who is doing it, as he walks onto the teleporter.

Zero… knows who this is- he doesn’t get how, only that there is a similar “spiritual bond” between them- he almost feels like a “father” to this person in some way. He feels as though it is his responsibility to help someone he mysteriously knows so well.

Zero is transported into a strange sand castle… and in front of him, the Azure Striker desperately tries to keep things together. The young man calls out-

“In every… future…! It’ll all be destroyed… by-!”

Gunvolt shouts…

“Zero… KILL ME…!”

The Red Hero is unaware of what truly is happening, but if this person somehow knows his name... he knows exactly what he’s talking about. He can’t be saved.

Z-Saber in hand, the only thing he can do for his spiritual successor now is…

Put him out of his misery.

Mega Man Zero (Zero Series):
XMark, Parz-B, SoulX, Migue, Kaio
Moebius Possessing Gunvolt
Not Gunvolt himself- Moebius
AP: Stomps
AP: Irrelevant​
Inconclusive:​
Rules:

Speed Equal

In-Character (so no using Astral Order or killing Cyber Elves immediately)

10 Meters apart, Location is Sunrise Palace (so, the image above)

No Prior Knowledge

SPECIFICALLY Zero Series Zero

SPECIFICALLY Moebius Controlling Gunvolt- NOT GUNVOLT WITH CONTROL OVER ASTRAL ORDER

Points Brought Up / Obvious Points / Notes

(Or anything that comes to mind for me that I feel should be known)

First off, some notes:

Both in-character, so Zero will likely not just start killing off Cyber Elves for the sake of victory- especially when he gets that Gunvolt is weaker than him, and Gunvolt will try to prevent Moebius from using Astral Order as long as he can.

Zero CAN hit Gunvolt through Prevasion.
Prevasion, due to being 4D as well as Layered, makes Zero unable to hit Moebius

However, thanks to Mid-G Regen, the AP difference does NOT matter here as much as one would think. GV’s Mid-G Regen is tricky: Gunvolt WANTS to die (Zero is fighting Moebius, NOT Gunvolt), as noted in the Weaknesses section (of Moebius’s profile, which is the one we’re using). While Moebius is controlling him, it might be active, but when Gunvolt takes enough damage (he’ll be fine because Mid-G), he’ll drop to the ground to let Moebius out for a time (Mid-G probably no longer exists here)- that’s Zero’s chance. Galvanic Renewal won’t do anything here, while it does revive Moebius-GV to full HP even at 0 HP, this is just game mechanics.

If Moebius-Gunvolt uses Astral Order, the match WILL be over, and he uses it relatively early… Zero won’t have much time to get his kill before Gunvolt loses control and Moebius just uses that. No amount of resurrections will help against this, Zero would just die, die, and die again- just like how Kirin would even after Elise Ressurects her

Another note, in gameplay, Astral Order is only triggered when Gunvolt manages to pop out Moebius from his body for the first time- but in lore, it’s really just “I can’t control it anymore”. So in reality we technically have an unquantifiable time limit in which Zero has to kill Gunvolt- technically, Moebius-GV can press the win button at any time, just not immediately when the fight starts.

Kirin in this scenario (who Zero is replacing), basically gives GV a pep-talk that makes GV try harder to hang in there to not use Astral Order, it didn’t last for long, but it’s there- in fact, Gunvolt’s response to her pep talk and having faith in her ability is “I’ll use my Azure Striker to make an opening (when GV ejects Moebius out), after that, it’s all up to you Kirin (Zero)”. Zero may not be in character to give that kind of talk, so maybe GV could lose control earlier. But I’d say he’d still… try to do what he did with Kirin.

This match is not skewed to anyone’s advantage (if anything, it’s skewed to MGV’s favor because distance and speed equal)- as we are using Moebius’s profile, NOT Gunvolt’s profile, which would have all the weaknesses necessary for Zero to have a win condition (such as not starting with Astral Order and Mid-G Regeneration). Otherwise, Gunvolt stomps.

This match is not a stomp despite the AP disparities. Their win conditions are simply different, Zero with AP and GV with hax.

Zero

Pros
  • Has hit electrons, and can likely hit through Prevasion due to this.
  • Massive AP lets him achieve his win condition in a manner of moments- none of GV’s defenses like Astrasphere will block his attacks.
  • Once GV takes enough damage, GV will eject Moebius, and he’ll get his opening to attack as Mid-G Regen will likely not be in play
  • Range with his Buster
Cons
  • Can’t fly, is pretty much limited to just his buster or shield boomerang due to that
  • (Relatively) linear attacks that can straight up miss against a teleporter
  • Has a time limit until he auto-loses, that is unquantifiable and can basically happen at any time, isn't aware of this

Note: Unaware of Moebius’s existence, only sees Gunvolt at the moment- could be unaware of what to do after ejecting Moebius out, though Gunvolt will say “(Zero), now…!” in character.
Note: Time Stopper won’t help as it takes the form of a buster shot that GV can dodge, Zero might as well use a normal buster

Moebius-Gunvolt

Pros
  • Teleports and flies (with sudden speed boosts) around so Zero will have a hard time reaching with melee attacks, and most Buster Shots will miss with teleportation. So he can technically camp.
  • Moebius is very instinctual to threats and may sense Zero’s power to pull off the above tip
  • Spark Dash let’s him basically split up into pieces to move around people and objects, so Zero will have a hard time meleeing him
Cons
  • Nothing but Astral Order works, Zero has resistance to hacking unless proven that GV's is Layered
  • Gets one shot (technically two shot)
  • Gunvolt WANTS to die in character, therefore Moebius’s actions, especially using Astral Order and Mid-G Regen, will be limited for a time
    • Due to the above, does not use Astral Order right away
    • Same with Precognition, won't really matter if Astral Order isn't used
    • Mid-G Regen basically doesn't exist
  • Prevasion doesn't work
  • Any barrier defense doesn't work
Note: Moebius-GV may be called just "GV" multiple times in this thread due to appearences, but do not let that take away from the fact that this is Moebius controlling. NOT GUNVOLT in control.

Last edited:
I'm going to vote Inconclusive by the way.

Both have instant win conditions, but one won't be able to do it immediately. However technically, Moebius can press the "win button" at pretty much any time, since its an unquantifiable timeframe of when he'll actually use Astral Order

Zero on the otherhand can one shot at any time, but it'll be actually really hard to do so since Moebius spams the ever loving crap out of teleportation, and the fact that Moebius can fly makes it really hard to hit with his saber, thus only the Buster is readily available

Mega Man characters often wait to charge up their weapons too while dodging and then finding their opening to shoot. Zero DOESN'T know how weak Moebius actually is and will probably do this, wasting more time, and the more time that passes, the more likely Astral Order will activate

However, this doesn't take away from the fact that Zero can win pretty much right away.

But Moebius DOES have an instant kill button that he doesn't need to aim nonetheless, and has the means to avoid Zero's attacks until it activates

Incon for those reasons

In my opinion Zero has a more likely chance of one shotting than Moebius does at breaking GV down enough to use Astral Order. Teleportation won't work forever, especially someone who's as skilled as Zero, who can likely just predict where Moebius is teleporting. Plus, it's never been shown that GV can use any attacks while teleporting, so Zero can essentially just keep on spamming Buster until he lands a hit, and GV can't do anything about it since he can't attack back.

Going for Zero for now.

Technically, he can attack while teleporting

http://gunvolt.com/en/GV3/system/system03.html

Voltaic Art: Lightning Assault

GV closes the distance, bringing down lightning upon the enemy (Website Description)

Automatically warp to the enemy while striking it with lightning (Lightning Assault Manual description)

Won't deal damage anyways, but what's notable is that he can really, really spam it, to the point of basically blitzing

GVAntAssault0.gif

I can completely see MGV just teleport so much to the point it looks like this for defensive purposes, and he'd be able to throw lightning with this, as this is the description of Lightning Assault, throwing lightning onto enemies after teleporting

Last edited:
Between Recoil Rod, Chain Rod, Double Jumps, and more, Moebius-GV can't escape Zero that easily. Also he has Shadow Dash for Intangibility and the Jackson Cyber-Elf for Invincibility, plus other Cyber-Elves can provide both Resurrection and AoE Time Slowing, plus Zero can hit through Prevasion...so Astral Order might not actually be an insta-win given how fast Zero can close that gap and that Moebius-GV can't move for a bit while activating it, leaving him wide open for that one hit Zero needs.

And before you ask, Astral Order can't hit through Invincibility. I checked.

Voting Zero.

Between Recoil Rod, Chain Rod, Double Jumps, and more, Moebius-GV can't escape Zero that easily. Also he has Shadow Dash for Intangibility and the Jackson Cyber-Elf for Invincibility, plus other Cyber-Elves can provide both Resurrection and AoE Time Slowing, plus Zero can hit through Prevasion...so
Teleportation and Flight are very good counters to actually easily escape those mobility options though- like, it's thought based and basically takes zero effort

Shadow Dash doesn't really matter since GV ain't hurting him with anything other than Astral Order

Cyber Elves are not an in-character thing, as noted above

Astral Order might not actually be an insta-win given how fast Zero can close that gap and that Moebius-GV can't move for a bit while activating it, leaving him wide open for that one hit Zero needs.
Honestly a cinematic thing, plus Kirin kinda just resists it for a bit, in reality everyone kinda just dies

And before you ask, Astral Order can't hit through Invincibility. I checked.
Wouldn't this just be Game Mechanics? Fate Manip should just negate tbh. Somehow Asimov's Voltaic Buster goes straight through it, so idk why Astral Order wouldn't work. Keep in mind, Invincibility only works thanks to Djinn's Power, which is what lets Kirin survive Astral Order canoncally anyways (2-A). Is Zero's Invul that dimensionality?

Last edited:
There's also the fact that support from Djinn + Golden Trillion allowed Kirin to fight through Astral Order anyway, so clearly there are counters to it by simply being strong enough, which Zero pretty clearly is. Also Zero has teleportation too.

Look man, I like Gunvolt as much as you do, but Zero's still got this one nine times out of ten. And Jackson isn't a one-time-use, he's a permanent ability-addition to Zero's kit. And the instant Moebius-GV pulls out Astral Order, Zero's going to bring out all the stops, Cyber-Elves included.

bruh i just finished editing my thing, Djinn just provides 2-A Fate Resist man- it's on the profile. Even if that's not the case you'd have to prove that Zero's basically 2-A for that argument to go thru. Astral Order is also pretty instant, as soon as GV had it controlled he instantly used it to be a baby like, right away- so Kirin pretty obviously resisted it for a bit. If the argument is that Astral Order takes time or just doesn't work- which won't be the case... then this is just a stomp match lol

Zero does NOT use teleportation like that man

also im going incon cuz i want Zero to win, but it's out of character for both to start with their BS, so I'm just assuming they do it at the same time and it's left to speculation who gets it done first

Last edited:
Fair enough on the Djinn stuff, my mistake. I still think Zero could last longer than unbuffed Kirin...though not by much. Still, might be enough to get close. And quite frankly, if one solid hit is all Zero needs to end the fight, I don't think Moebius-GV would pop Astral Order before that hit, especially since both are in-character. Also, Moebius-GV wouldn't know that Zero can hit through Prevasion, so he can't account for that and probably wouldn't decide to camp. He chose not to against Kirin, who literally demonstrated bypassing Prevasion against Zed like five minutes before.

I'm still voting Zero regardless.

The entire premise of the fight is "can Zero kill Moebius before he uses Astral Order".

If in this debate, Astral Order is deemed to just- not work (which it will)- then the match isn't valid anymore because now Moebius doesn't have a win condition

Fair enough on the Djinn stuff, my mistake. I still think Zero could last longer than unbuffed Kirin...though not by much. Still, might be enough to get close. And quite frankly, if one solid hit is all Zero needs to end the fight, I don't think Moebius-GV would pop Astral Order before that hit, especially since both are in-character. Also, Moebius-GV wouldn't know that Zero can hit through Prevasion, so he can't account for that and probably wouldn't decide to camp. He chose not to against Kirin, who literally demonstrated bypassing Prevasion against Zed like five minutes before.

I'm still voting Zero regardless.
That's a fair enough argument that I'm willing to count. Zero's epic so it's a win win

(tho unbuff Kirin is somehow so cracked that she resists that shit for a bit, which is why she lives for a bit lol- GV used Astral Order to turn himself into a baby pretty much instantly- zero doesn't have that resistance so he pretty much dies as soon as that happens)

Last edited:
i like how as soon as I say it's FRAing time for the thread in the discord server they start coming in

Also lemme speed this up and change my vote too

Still feel like teleport spam is really broken

But also Zero skill

But also Zero like, takes his time charging up moves instead of spamming Buster Shots- so he could actually just... accidentally take too much time and just die, unless he connects AP and Durability together and is like "man, he can't hurt me, hold on does that mean i get to one shot"- but AP and Durability are completely different things

Last edited:
But also Zero like, takes his time charging up moves instead of spamming Buster Shots- so he could actually just... accidentally take too much time and just die, unless he connects AP and Durability together and is like "man, he can't hurt me, hold on does that mean i get to one shot"- but AP and Durability are completely different things
I believe he can reduce the charge up time of his weapons with Cyber Elves, too.

In any case... Don't mind as I, uh... drop my wee vote here for 0 FRA.

Would like to note that while MGV does stand still for a bit on initial use, the effect is passive and he can still dodge during it as shown in his gifs, he can also just, immediately activate as shown here without any grandiose pausing:

GVAstral.gif

doesn’t matter if Zero hits before then tho
I believe he can reduce the charge up time of his weapons with Cyber Elves, too.
i think u mean his quick charge head chip

Last edited:
Wait hold on a second, this is important

Azure Strikers use their control over electrons to hit Prevasion users when they become electrons to hit them as they are electrons- such as Blade hitting Copen with an electrified sword

However, Azure Strikers resist attempts on doing that to each other, which is why Asimov and GV can’t hurt each other without overheating first in GV1- using Macro Quantum Manip to achieve NPI, and this like, layered too

And this Prevasion straight up is able to prevade 2A EE, which is able to go straight through Kirin’s Prevasion, which would logically mean it interacted with the electrons to hit/erase it- yet GV’s can just… work despite that?

But technically, Zero’s just straight up hitting electrons, so… does Prevasion work?

This match may be invalid depending on this, because if Prevasion just starts working then Zero’s just not gonna do crap

Even if not. Not sure if this matters but 2A Precognition exists

Last edited:
Well hold on I'm fact checking some stuff because GV might still just Prevade anyways depending on how the fact check goes

Also I picked Z Era because that's what INTI worked on before GV

Unfortunately…

yeah Prevasion is 4D now so L to this matchup, Zero can’t deal with Prevasion anymore because it’s stupid

i also forgot that he has passive Dragon Radiation which has tech manip

gonna have to request a close

...And Star Force Mega Man probably dies too...

Last edited:
Back