• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i'll quickly give a reason why we don't scale the two verses together.

The scale of the plot, and what's at stage are completely different. Azure Striker Gunvolt is about saving the country / world from a force that would bring everyone under the submission of a single ruler or corporate. It's about solving the differences between two races to create true peace.

Blaster Master Zero is about saving the entire universe from mutants that crack open holes of reality in order to kill every piece of life in the universe and absorb all of their energy for supreme dominance.

One verse is about saving a country or world at best, the other is trying to prevent universe wide genocide, the two simply cannot be compared in terms of scale, Blaster Master is superior in "power" in every way and it is unrealistic that Copen would ever beat Jason in a fight just because he has a Blaster Rifle, which he broke down and didn't really understand into an inferior weapon.

Yeah he did. The Mother is literally his lola. After you beat her she falls down as a small robot that looks EXACTLY like Lola. Lola even outright comments on their similarities. And The Mother herself even sees Copen as her creator. Cause in a sense, he, or another him, is. And it would also explain how The Creator got ahold of a blaster rifle to begin with. The Creator is heavily implied to be BMZ 2 Copen.

i'll quickly give a reason why we don't scale the two verses together.

The scale of the plot, and what's at stage are completely different. Azure Striker Gunvolt is about saving the country / world from a force that would bring everyone under the submission of a single ruler or corporate. It's about solving the differences between two races to create true peace.

Blaster Master Zero is about saving the entire universe from mutants that crack open holes of reality in order to kill every piece of life in the universe and absorb all of their energy for supreme dominance.

One verse is about saving a country or world at best, the other is trying to prevent universe wide genocide, the two simply cannot be compared in terms of scale, Blaster Master is superior in "power" in every way and it is unrealistic that Copen would ever beat Jason in a fight just because he has a Blaster Rifle, which he broke down and didn't really understand into an inferior weapon.
It's also worth noting that, judging from Jason's dialogue, it was probably a more casual/friendly fight for him.

INB4 we have to rename the verse to "Inti Creates"
Funny enough, Kurona from Gal Gun, another inti creates property, is heavily implied to be linked to Copen's maid Nori, specifically in that she demon may be a young Nori. Considering the Kamizono family are major players in botj franchises, the VERY similar hair between Nori and Kurona, Nori's hatred of charms that ward off evil, she fact Nori turns into her then back into herself in one of the drama cds which are canon, and Xiao saying Nori isnt her real name and calls her the bewitching cortesan, which Kurona in one HER games is stated that she will go by that same title in the future. Hell, Ekoro is a fictional character in the first GV game as Jouke gets a plush of her, and Teseo summons Ekoro during a fight against Sumeragi.

So.... Gunvolt has potential canon ties to Gal Gun (set in its past and as fiction in the present) and Blaster Master (via multiverse shenanigans). I'm curious if OTHER inti creates titles loop in some how with the rest. Cause that's three games with ties to each other.

First off, old thread, you typically don’t comment on these but I’ll answer some of this

I personally hate the gal gun continuity so I’ll skip it, but as for Blaster Master, it is NOT owned by INTi, rather Sunsoft. I asked Matt Papa myself (English Local Translator) about how they managed to not run into legal issues for adding the Blaster Rifle into iX2, he didn’t go into details likely because he can’t, but he said “it’s all good”. Honestly, this doesn’t really mean anything, and I really think it’s not something we should ever take here.

Yet samsoft seemed fine with all the heavynlote connections between iX and BMZ. And I never played the Gal Gun games, so I cant comment on them that much. Just the connections between them and GV

Considering it's all pretty much one big multiverse, I'd say it's at least as reasonable as Nintendo's verse page.
Yeah though nintendo's game don't really do it like this. Yeah, Mario spins off into the DK, Yoshi, and Wario series, beyond that nintendo series dont really mix beyond basic cameos for the lols. However here, Gal Gun, and BMZ have blatent connections to Gunvolt with the former acting as the past and the later acting as another universe that its crossed with. Oh and I'm not counting Mighty Gunvolt as that is explicitly something else and is not canon to any of the franchises in it.

Back