• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I AM LIGHTNING THE RAIN TRANSFORMED.

High 7-C Raiden with muramasa with access to Ripper mode vs GV2 Low 7-B Gunvolt without Anthem.

Speed equalized only if needed.

Last edited:
This was discussed before but i'll follow this anyways, will post soon, in the meantime, a thing about Gunvolt's Prevasion since no one ever notices its existence

AHEM

Prevasion is essentially (automatic on hit) elemental intangibility, it turns Gunvolt into electrons to automatically negate incoming damage. It costs some of his "Electro Psycho Energy", but Copen can instantly "recharge" his EP. Even the game itself acknowledges that Gunvolt is essentially "invincible" so long as he keeps track of his EP and "recharges" accordingly. In this intangible state however, he still is capable of attacking as well with his weapons, even striking with physical blows too. Best way to think about it is that you don't really "hit" the dude without taking care of EP first, which then again, can be recharged (he can also recharge passively, but its only gradual).

This is how busted Prevasion is

Actually, I don't even know anymore if it goes through Prevasion looking back at the thread. I looked deeper into Raiden's profile about the sword, it seems more like it's just an explanation to make it cut through basically anything, not actually hit intangible targets. That said, it can still one-shot GV.

Does GV have Anthem?

Last edited:
It is only fair, no?

And from what i read, Raiden cuts molecular bonds apart, and prevasion turns GV into electrons.

And Raiden might disable GV's powers with a Chaff/Jam Grenade or Electromagnetic Grenade since that disables electronics.
For a while.

Oh and Raiden's Sais are electromagnetic.
And GV is attractted to magnets with his flashfield when it is being used.

I should also note that Gunvolt scales quite a bit above the feat he scales to. The scaling chain goes something like this:

Ghauri < Copen =< LAiX Copen << Blade =< Gunvolt

Copen beat Ghauri, LAiX Copen's been developing his tech for over a century so logically should be stronger than his GV2 self, Blade beat or tied with Copen in all three of their fights, and Gunvolt is a much more skilled Azure Striker than Blade.

Also, Gunvolt isn't actually weak to magnetism, he can control Electromagnetism himself. The only reason Carerra can null his power is because his Septima is directly stated to do so, not just with Gunvolt but with any adept.

Oh and Raiden's Sais are electromagnetic.
And GV is attractted to magnets with his flashfield when it is being used.
Like I said, GV isn't weak to EMPs. All electromagnetic sais would do is give Gunvolt some electricity to absorb.

Gunvolt will probably realize what's happening pretty quickly and change his strategy accordingly, attacking with his skills instead.

No, no. I didnt mean he was weak to it.

Just that when he uses flashfield, Raiden can pull him closer with Monsoon's Sai.
And Carerra's stage has magnets that pull GV in.

and, i do not think that the electricity is gonna be GV's problem if he gets hit with the Sai or any of Raiden's HF weapons.

And Raiden is not a moron either.
He could even stealth his way around GV and keep track of him at all times with Solid Eye and Soliton Radar.

Raiden isn't a moron of course, but Gunvolt is an extremely adaptable fighter.

And since Anthem isn't disabled, that'll give Gunvolt a second chance if he needs it.

Mmm, i still feel Raiden can pull the win with his sais and the fact that GV's main method of attack in all media is using his flashfield then finishing the fight with a skill, not really spamming prevasion (tho to be fair, he did use it in this way at the start of ASGV2), but still attacks the guards with flashfield.

And the moment GV uses flashfield, he is gonna be pulled into the Sai or just cut in two.

Anthem is indeed a high wincon for GV, tho. It won't make him immune to HF weapons, but might encourage him to use skills.

In the anime, he used flashfield first then finished with lexscalibur.

It is also his main form of attack and the main reason he has tags.

Gunvolt can also shut off flashfield almost instantly. Gunvolt would have more than enough time to react.

Just because it's his main form of attack dosn't mean he'd keep using it if it clearly isn't working or puts him at risk, once again he has a similar experience against Carerra. He's fought battles where he can't afford to take a hit before.

Anime/OVA is a secondary source. It's used for the standard fighting tactics on GV's page. So you are right that GV does do Skills as finishing blows, but if you played Gunvolt 2, you'd know that GV uses plenty of Offensive Skills after Anthem activates, and doesn't ever use his Gun/Flashfield

The moment GV uses Flashfield, him getting pulled actually IS a thing that has happened before against Carrera when he uses his Quasar Collapse attack. Gunvolt would have instantly died (well, at that point in the game he would have, most people are low leveled) if he didn't turn off Flashfield. He didn't die so uh... yeah he can turn it off in time

Also, you said Speed Equalized if needed, don't think its needed since Raiden can indeed one shot and has methods to pull GV in, though that would leave GV with quite the speed advantage

I really doubt saying he can turn it off fast enough against Carrera means he can turn it off fast enough against a HF weapon.

Mmm... TBH I support more Gunvolt here, Prevasion is spammed in character, after all, he flinched when Joule told him to try to clear a mission with no damage at all just to preserve Kudos.

Mmm... TBH I support more Gunvolt here, Prevasion is spammed in character, after all, he flinched when Joule told him to try to clear a mission with no damage at all just to preserve Kudos.
This is from the support conversations right? I don't think Kudos is accepted as a real thing in universe. You're really picking a really, REALLY specific moment to make a claim that Gunvolt spams Prevasion, especially when we all agreed in the discussion thread what I said for standard tactics was acceptable.

I'mma give the benefit of the doubt though and say that you're misunderstanding the conversation, I believe this is the one you are talking about
Joule: GV, have you been using your special skills?

Ah yes, special skills... They go above and beyond the powers normally granted to Adepts. Kinda like special moves in a fighting game...

Gunvolt: If I defeat an enemy with a special skill, I can earn bonus kudos, and... When I use a skill, my kudos are turned into bonus points... There are a lot of good opportunities to use these.

Joule: But if you want lots of kudos, you shouldn't use special skills... Try to keep earning kudos until you land the final blow on the boss, yeah?

Gunvolt: That's true, but...

That means I would have to take no damage the whole time.

Joule: It's ok...you can do it! You can definitely do it, GV! I believe in you... So...give it your best shot...

Gunvolt: ......Yeah.
This isn't really flinching, more that GV's is just thinking doing a no-damage run for an entire mission would be difficult. He'd still dodge, it's just that he doubts he would be able to dodge everything. There is no indication that he completely relies on Prevasion, ESPECIALLY given that Prevasion's existence is ignored aside from the intro stages of the games. In fact, Prevasion isn't even mentioned here, like a "eh, I have Prevasion, nothing to worry about", so its even less likely he'd spam it, and throughout both games, the conversations mid stage indicate that they prioritize the Flashfield as a better defense, example Moniqa being all like "Ah, a Sumeragi Bomber Unit, use your Flashfield to block its attacks from above"

Well, to be fair, even with Prevasion the Kudos are "damaged", but yeah, it seems this is just some 4th wall breaking.

I really doubt saying he can turn it off fast enough against Carrera means he can turn it off fast enough against a HF weapon.
Also, uh, even if he does die due to using Prevasion, during Anthem he just spams Lux, Astra, Voltaic over and over on repeat so that's not gonna work anymore

I want to say that Gunvolt also kinda one shots with a single Flashfield, Raiden is 120 Kilos, GV is 3 Megas. Even if he had the time to throw out a Sai or anything to attract GV, he's kind of busy dying to Flashfield before he can get his attack in... at a range too.

Back