• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zonda vs Merlin: Masters of Illusion

Illusions are a mighty power at their peak, and these two are masters of the craft. One, a half-incubus mage with an immortal perspective, content to simply watch as the world progresses (Albeit he dosn't have much of a choice), while the other is a young girl born with a power she never asked for, wanting nothing more than to make the world pay for it's sins against her and her kind.

Rules: Speed Equalized. Zonda is in Reverie Form. Otherwise SBA.

latest.png
latest.png
Founder of Eden:

Following, seems interesting, though don't know anything of Zonda so can't say much, but at least I can say that Merlin affected with his ilusions a Gorgon with grail and more importantly, Tiamat, if Zonda can affect with illusions someone like them then I guess their equal in power of illusions.

Merlin's type 9 isn't applicable to combat. If Zonda kills Servant Merlin then Merlin's just kinda stuck in avalon.

Merlin's type 9 isn't applicable to combat. If Zonda kills Servant Merlin then Merlin's just kinda stuck in avalon.
Real Merlin can go to fight as showed in the Tiamat fight, in which case when he come he would know what the oponent can do, but if the participation of real Merlin is restricted and only fight the servant, then fine I guess.

What's the first move of Zonda? And what's the first move of Merlin? Wiht Merlin I'm not sure if he first fight normal and then illusions, or a mix of both things, I think it's a mix, like illusion and then fight to distract the oponent of the illusion.

Zonda usually throws cards and uses her abilities. She can also summon illusionary copies of The Seven and use Paradise Lost

Their phisically are more or less equal, the speed is equalized, Merlin seems to have better durability, their range is more or less also equal, for the moment (at least until know what is the greatest thing that Zoda have affected with his illusions) I'm gonna consider that the power of illusion of Merlin is superior for be able to affect Gorgon with grail and Tiamat, his Clairvoyance let him know what's happening and see through his illusions (I don't think that that would mean that the illusions of Zonda wouldn't hurt Merlin, but is surely gonna let him what's really happenning), there is also his NP to power him up (I don't know if she would burst because of the mana-rich environment but I doubt it). Until see other arguments in favor of Zonda I think I vote for Merlin.

One of the illusions Zonda can make has Absolute Zero and she can use Paradise Lost, a basically unavoidable wave of Deconstruction and Pain Manipulation.

One of the illusions Zonda can make has Absolute Zero and she can use Paradise Lost, a basically unavoidable wave of Deconstruction and Pain Manipulation.
The Pain Manipulation was honestly one of the most concerning things I see, I mean, things like cards, beams and so I can see them become flowers, the Pain from the song is probably gonna be one of the things that are gonna be a problem, I mean, I don't think the pain alone will make him loss but could affect his actions, though that could also lead him to fight seriously to end quickly instead of fooling around. About the descontruction of the song I think that should be negated/resisted by Servant Physiology + his own magic. Now that I think about it the Pain could probably be also resisted with that.

Hmm, thinking more about the pain, if is Mind Manipulation or Curse Manipulation then is probably be resisted more than because of Servant Physiology, because his own domain as mage, specially the Mind Manipulation because of his domain of illusions.

Back