• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker Gunvolt Discussion Thread 2: Insert running joke for every Gunvolt discussion thread after this

Except that technology stands like, no chance against Servants lol
Copen's tech heavily utilizes Septima, so I'm pretty sure all but his most basic weapons work on Servants, since I think that would qualify as a "Supernatural Aspect".

It's also possible Three Houses is going back to Low 7-B, it depends on if cutting a mountain in half is accepted and what that comes out as.

Good news, I figured out where the more literal translations are for in GV2, so maybe I can see if there is something new

...after I quality update every character in the verse that is, so that'd be a long time

Yep, these are legit, GV doesn't look dumb forgetting he had healing powers:

まだ先は長そうだ…ピンチの時は回復スキルを忘れないようにね

Mada saki wa nagasou da… Pinchi no toki wa kaifuku sukiru wo wasurenai you ni ne

There’s still a long road ahead… Don’t forget to use the healing skill if you run into trouble

GV:

回復スキルか…使えるようになっていたかな

Kaifuku sukiru… Tsukaeru you ni natte ita ka na

The healing skill… Am I able to use it already?

GV questioning if he can even use his healing yet is even weirder, honestly, considering it's a really early level skill.

These are super literal translations, if Matt Papa would've done this instead of Sidier he'd translate that to be more comprehendable

Same thing for the hundredfold thing

Pantera:
電子の謡精(サイバーディーヴァ)との完全融合によりわたしの第七波動(セブンス)は新たなる段階へと至りました
大いなる愛で世界を満たす “夢想境(ワンダーランド)”の第七波動(セブンス)。 まずはあなたを誘いましょう
Denshi no yousei (saibaa diva) tono kanzen yuugou ni yori watashi no dai nana hadou (sebunsu) wa aratanaru dankai he to itarimashita
Ooinaru ai de sekai wo mitasu “musoukyu (waandarando)” no dai nana hadou (sebunsu). Mazu wa anata wo sasoi mashou
By completely fusing the Cybernetic Singing Fairy (Cyber Diva) my 7th Wave (Sevens) has reached a new stage
Now it’s the “Dream Mirror (Wonderland)” 7th Wave (Sevens) which shall fill the world with a grand LOVE… First step is to… tempt you...

Still working on a more efficent way to get footage for Copen, I feel like we should at least get him done before we do any matches, I'm working as fast as I can but I can only do so much

I was working on Copen, but then I realized something about Nova and Sumeragi... somehow. Because, this is a new feat in the works, which doesn't upgrade the verse, but at the very least gives more feats to work with.

Kamishiro - the Final National Defense of Sumeragi is a forcefield that covers the entire country from outside threats, is mentioned in the Drama CDs. We've used Drama CDs before for Light Speed, as well as Drama CDs for GV's battle style. So without a doubt, we can use this too. But just to prove that I'm not making things up, I want to point out the validity of Drama CDs by backing them up with things that happen in game, since those are our primary sources.

Light Speed feats are supported by Jota's literal light statements and powers in game
GV uses Luxcaliber in the CD, something that for most casual players (I had my friend play, he got Luxcaliber by the time he reached Copen 2)
Copen fights Asimov in a CD, something that is supported by ALL three games (Asimov saying that he managed to get grazed, mid stage dialouge in Babel where its mentioned an Adept beat up Copen and destroyed his gear, Lola saying that Copen fought Asimov before in LAiX)

All three of these instances, they are supported by the games as actual things that happened. Then what about the Kamishiro, if it isn't in the game, then they'd be issues, but I know for sure that it indeed exists. So I'm going through the Sumeragi vs Eden Drama CD, which mentions the existence of it and how it connects over to the games.

The plot of the CD takes place before Gunvolt 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=BLhixPTpw_o&list=PL3kxMHwzLIFV5qK2O2IJm54iClmXrfNYQ), where Eden wants to disable the barrier in order to essentially allow their forces to invade the country. Keep in mind, it is mentioned in game of GV2 that their headquarters is in Central Asia, so this already lines up. They succeed in the CD, but only for a little bit before Nova launches the Star Dragon cannon to attack Gibril, who is amazed by its power. The Kamishiro comes back up, but not before Asimov uses the opportunity to get Moniqa and Zeno in, and Eden gets the Fake Zonda seen in Gunvolt 1 inside the country as well. This lines up, since Moniqa and Zeno are from different countries, and QUILL is a world wide organization, and Fake Zonda is literally seen in game. In addition, the opening Sumeragi scene in Gunvolt 2 flat out mentions that with Nova's passing, the nation would be vulnerable to foreign strikes, but another member of Sumeragi straight up says "Our nation need fear nothing so long as we have the Kamishiro" (https:// youtu.be/F1k5nfQYTWU?t=70), even says it in Japanese so the 8-4 argument isn’t relevant here), which is stated to be powered up even after the initial attack from Eden in the CD. Again this confirms its existence. Gunvolt 1 even shows the barrier in the background in the Hostage mission, where GV bursts out the door to save Joule fom Merak

Anyways, for what the Kamishiro has actually done, it flat out states that it has destroyed entire planes and ships passing by, creating a "ship graveyard" along the perimeter of the field. This, of course is NOT it's full power, since that was before it was powered up, and this was a pretty casual feat, since it can prevent Gunvolt from leaving the country, which is why he's still around in GV2, if it had feelings, it probably didn't even care or notice that it destroyed so many ships. Gibril at the time says that she can use the iron scraps from the fallen vehicles to her advantage in battle, iron scraps as if they were completely destroyed.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/References_for_Common_Feats#Destroying_a_Plane

According to this, doing that is High 8-C. I'm doing this because GV1 has no feats, and just in case GV2 gets invalidated for no reason again, we have a feat to go off of. Keep in mind that this does NOT contradict any previous feats because once again- destroying planes and ships is common for the barrier without any issues, if it wasn't there wouldn't be NEARLY enough crashed ships for a "ship graveyard". Just because it kept out GV DOESN’T mean that GV is High 8-C, it’s just that the barrier is legitimately that strong, especially after they decided to power it up after the Eden incident, and after Nova was defeated as well. Feats are not a limitation, just because it can destroy planes doesn't mean it can't keep adepts out., it just means that it's At Least High 8-C, and well, now it's definitely higher since we have a Low 7-B verse.

So, how does this scale to Gunvolt 1? As we know, Gunvolt fights Nova, who utilizes the Star Dragon satellite in his attacks, (remember, those light pillar attacks ARE from the Star Dragon satellite). But notice this. The Star Dragon satellite was only used in outer space, or when the Kamishiro was down. Considering that it’s Sumeragi tech and it likely is comparable to the Kamishiro anyways, the Star Dragon can possibly have some of effect on the barrier, otherwise, Nova would have used it earlier on Gibril (though, this is could be interpreted as a stretch), regardless, the Star Dragon would be comparable in some way since it’s also Sumeragi tech that is a complete secret to the public, while the Kamishiro is publicly known. GV gets hurt by the Star Dragon, bam, scaling.

On the other hand, Copen’s almost done, I just need the abilities for LAiX as gifs, and then typing accurate information on his profile.

Bloody gack, the damn vids... just remove the spaces between the links

Last edited:
Just saw the EXPO stream

Seems like everything in the details from last demo apply here, nothing new to offer except really good visuals

I'm stuck doing updates for Jason Frudnick, so Adept profile redos will be even slower now, especially when Blaster Master Zero 3 is a thing now

I'm still wondering how Joule is back. By best guess is either
  1. Mytyl, likely acting subconsciously since Gunvolt's going out of his way to not interfere in her life.
  2. An unconscious projection from Gunvolt's Septima, like what Gunvolt beleived Joule to be during Quinn's Story.

Honestly, yeah, probably me too. The most interesting thing about her is probably how she impacts Gunvolt's character.

Already seen.

Basically she has Statistics Reduction for defense with Talismans. And to be able to swing a sword that many times in the air is absurdly cool, def Master Swordswoman by our standards ig (def better than like, GV at karate since it's actually shown), and she got Attack Deflection too

Sumeragi Swordsmen are complete, doing G7 next but Zonda's last because screw Zonda's millions of bullshit powers

I remember something said Azure Strikers are able to ignore Copen's prevasion thanks to manipulating atoms. Anyone remember where the scan to that is?

It was the Azure Striker's ability to produce an EMP, not atoms. I don't have a scan either, but I can look around the wiki discord (though they basically agree to this too). But basically, GV can manipulate technology to screw up their systems, such as messing with the Prevasion Subroutine

I remember what I saw. It was in the translation things, the same place we got Tenjian's soulhax and Jota's EE from.

I'll take a look around, but I think you might be remembering wrong. Just in case though, I'll check the Dangeki Profiles to see if I can find anything of the sort, and if I find the EMP thing instead I'll post that here too

"However, it’s nullified when facing the real “Azure Thunderclap (Armed Blue)” and its electron-controlling ability, and such it apparently didn’t have much of an effect in the Vs. Gunvolt battle."

Here you are. It seems more like an EMP thing or basically "lightning messes with electronics because lol control electronics". Also remember that even normal lightning attacks from basic enemies pierce Prevasion too in LAiX

Anyways, when GV3 comes out, y'all mind if we just use my format that I've been using to redo all the profiles compared what we used to do? It would make my job easier if all I have to do is make/find the gifs.

Since everyone is done, we can start making matches now since no one has to wait on me and my updates. Any ideas for those or nah. Kinda wish we can disable Prevasion for battles since it just cuts off so many matchups.

Since everyone is done, we can start making matches now since no one has to wait on me and my updates. Any ideas for those or nah. Kinda wish we can disable Prevasion for battles since it just cuts off so many matchups.
Yeah, but it only effects three (four when Gunvolt 3 comes out) characters, one of whom can actually have it shut off.

I just figured out a pretty fun fact.

The Japanese voices for Gunvolt and Blade, Kaito Ishikawa and Yui Ishikawa (I don't know if they're actually related or just coincidentally have the same surname, Wikipedia isn't giving me answers) have easily the most voice roles (And most major roles) of any of the actors and actresses that work on the Gunvolt series. Kaito's been acting since 2008, voicing the likes of Genos, Dimitri, Nero and even Pegasus Seiya; while Yui started her career in 2007 (Also doing radio work as early as 2002) and has voiced characters such as Mikasa, 2B and Violet Evergarden. Copen's VA in LAiX does come close in sheer numbers, but mostly voices more minor roles like Red Bomberman and Rock Howard.

Not only is it a fun fact that two characters with literally the exact same septima have voice actors with comparably large careers, but the fact that Blade has such a big voice actress also tells me we'll probably see a continuation of LAiX at some point, considering the other big role in the series is the literal main character.

Her actual attack rating should be higher

She not only broke the voltaic chains Asimov used, she kicked him and caused him to actually groan in pain

Apparently we can make Prevasionless threads since it's tied to equipment, just need to explain that the character's main functions are entirely the same with or without it.

Her actual attack rating should be higher

She not only broke the voltaic chains Asimov used, she kicked him and caused him to actually groan in pain

Asimov had his septima nullified at the time. However, considering she was fairly confident she could beat him, she definitely scales with equipment.

Back