• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This was a thing on Death Battle Fanon, so now Dekus gon fight a terrorist, the wait for Deku's additions is over after like, half a year.

I'll be carrying over points from the previous thread, as well as keeping the votes from before- though I won't count any previous votes (basically just Smashor, the GV man)

I'm more of doing this just as a member of the Azure Striker Gunvolt community, the franchise is fantastic, and no one knows it exists so now here ya go, it exists.

1000.png
GVBMZ.png
Izuku: KingofWolves, GoGoPowerRanger, Bruhtelho, SoulofCinderX, Popted2, Peppersalt, JED
Gunvolt: Smashor (Presumably), Nierre, Ollegator​

Rules

Speed Equal (Gunvolt is Light Speed vs MHS+), SBA otherwise (In character, 4km Range)

Izuku - Villian Hunter Arc (Feel free to correct APs at any time)
  • 45% is (1 Megatons, Usual AP)
  • 100% (6.3 Megatons, lasts 10 minutes or so)
  • Fai Jin (Somewhere in between, depends on his percentage at the moment)

Gunvolt - Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (Anthem Disabled, Prevasion Disabled)
  • 3.1 Megatons
  • Can double AP and Durability (6.2 Megatons) with Septimal Surge and Shield briefly (30 Seconds in Gameplay)

Points Brought Up / Obvious Points
(Or anything that comes to mind for me that I feel should be known)

Izuku
Pros
  • Consistent 2x AP Advantage utilizing 100%
    Far more of a strategist than Gunvolt is (who never needed to change his general gameplay most of the time)
  • Likely more skilled in hand to hand
  • Has experienced fights/has worked with abilities resembling Gunvolt’s Advantages, though never all at one time.
    • Kaminari has a exact copy of Tag and Flash, and 3.1 Million Volts is practically Astrasphere
    • Lady Nagant resembles GV’s long range marksmanship, including trickery like Mizuchi Bolts
    • Overhaul had instantaneous healing, though Deku needed to simply overpower him to deal with such
  • More versatile utility
  • Danger Sense helps against GV's bolt projectiles
Cons
  • Has to deal with Healing, and without the sheer power to do it like with Overhaul
  • Most Damage comes from Close Range attacks, putting Deku in harms way of the Flashfield.
  • Has never defeated Overhaul (on his own), nor has actually fought Kaminari
  • 3x AP Disadvantage without 100%
  • Not in character to use 100%

Gunvolt
Pros
  • Has experience with Izuku’s arsenal from different Adepts
    • Desna’s Septima is like Blackwhip, as well as Elise’s
    • Many of his enemies levitate and teleport in battle like Float, such as Jota, Merak, Nova, Teseo, Gibril, Copen, and Zonda
    • Has fought through Elise stage (total darkness) without struggle, Smokescreen likely won't obscure him. This is especially combined with Stratos's Septima acting like a Smokescreen, GV able to disperse it with his casual Flashfield
    • Copen’s Bullit Dash and Milas’s Splash Dash are similar to Deku’s Fai Jin, utilizing kinetic energy storage for a one time use of speed, except that Copen can reload his Bullits at any time, and therefore Bullit Dash at any time, anywhere, and consecutively
    • Enemies like Stratos can resemble hit and run tactics
  • Plenty of close range options with wide range like Astrasphere to help in close quarters
  • Has tricky Bolt types to throw off Danger Sense like Lady Nagant did. Has wide hitting attacks to deal with Danger Sense as well
  • Healing
Cons
  • Most Adepts don't have multiple Septima. Aside from Zonda, Gunvolt has never fought many enemies with multiple powers at once like Deku

Last edited:
Before anything starts, I'm gonna outline a couple things about Gunvolt and Prevasion, since every time he's in a VS Match (such as against Diavolo) everyone misunderstands his abilities and downplay him, so here I go.

Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns GV into electrons. It costs part of a resource called EP, the same resource as his Flashfield each time its used to evade an attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, he's practically unhittable. As for EP, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by Gunvolt himself. If he chooses the latter, all of his EP is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and Gunvolt can stall out anyone if he really wanted to. In character however, Gunvolt does not rely on Prevasion and actively tries to dodge attacks, but would also want to make sure that his EP is topped. Prevasion is disabled when Gunvolt uses his Flashfield, his main attack.

When he is out of EP, he goes into Overheat state, for a second or two, he becomes vulnerable and cannot use his Flashfield or Prevasion, making him vulnerable to any normal attack. However, in character, Gunvolt tries to keep his EP at full at all times via instant recharge and Split Second if needed, the both being spammable

From here, we can discuss whether or not GV should have Prevasion, in battle, he effectively fights exactly the same with or without it, always trying to dodge attacks first anyways.

• 100% (Approx. Baseline 7-A, assuming he can only use it in bursts and not constantly)
i'm just pointing out that Deku can use 100% for several minutes without much trouble thanks to his incredible stamina and pain tolerance/willpower and it isn't baseline, its up-scales from his previous 100% which can do a 304.73 megatons feat, we don't know how high the increase was but he's far stronger then 304.73 megatons at 100% in his Villain Hunt Arc key

can't say much about the match up itself since I know nothing about "Azure Striker Gunvolt"

i'm just pointing out that Deku can use 100% for several minutes without much trouble thanks to his incredible stamina and pain tolerance/willpower and it isn't baseline, its up-scales from his previous 100% which can do a 304.73 megatons feat, we don't know how high the increase was but he's far stronger then 304.73 megatons at 100% in his Villain Hunt Arc key

can't say much about the match up itself since I know nothing about "Azure Striker Gunvolt"
Well shit, if that's the case I'll just get rid of AP amps beyond their base, including Septimal Surge and Shield- maybe Deku still has Faux stuff, but I don't recall any AP uses for it, just remember speed things.

As for what you need to know about GV at the moment, at least, the most important thing, is Prevasion, aka automatic defensive Intangibility for like the entire time. We can disable it if it makes this match a Stomp as he fights the same with or without it, unless Deku has something for it.

I respect the amount of work you put into your versus matches and even going as far as mentioning the pros and cons of each character. And even explaining Gunvolt's abilities as well to remove any type of downplay or confusion of his abilities.

Ignoring the eventual downgrade of Izuku, I'll vote for Gunvolt due to his experience (already has dealt with most of Izuku's abilities before), intang and healing.

For the sake of fairness however, Prevasion may need to be restricted. Then again he has precog so maybe not. I'll wait for more input.

Wait actually the downgrades affect this match, hopefully when another MHA dude comes he can confirm the following:

45% Izuku is L7B, but we’re talking like, hyper omega upscale, nearing city level I’m assuming. And his 100% is 7B, around 28 Megatons scaling off Prime All Might?

Not to worry, I’ll switch to L7B GV too- already adjusted the rules to fit Izuku’s new ratings

Last edited:
Gunvolt can charge back all of his EP for free, and Deku can't stop it either since Gunvolt can just Prevasion while he's recharging back his EP to full, basically making him intangible 24/7. It's shown in the above video as well.

Which game designer thought it was a good idea to allow the player to stay intangible 24/7?

Anyways, isn't it against the rules to ban abilities unless they put you in a different tier?

You seem to be an MHA supporter so yeah, I’ll disable Prevasion

(Also if Prevasion was off in the game, it’d be mad hard lol)

Why not just have Prevasion be temporary rather than a game-breaking ability you can use freely?
Because apparently Inti wants literally everyone to be able to beat their games- I just turn it off tbh

Before I place my vote, what's the starting distance?
Starting distance is 4K according to SBA, technically Izuku has the rang advantage but I don’t see him using it as he’s more of a melee fighter, putting him right into the line of Flashfield, Crashbolt, Dragonsphere, Luxcaliber, Astrasphere etc- I get he has precognition but he’ll still need to dodge it by disengaging from melee range entirely, and the cycle continues

Also quick reminder to read the OP, it’s there for a reason lol

If Prevasion is equipment and restricted:

Deku can take this but it’s going to be very annoying. For both of them.

To begin, Danger Sense + Analytical Prediction make it so any of the bigger attacks can’t really hit him. He also has far better mobility than Gunvolt via Blackwhip swings, true flight, acrobatic feats and his general way of moving. So avoiding attacks isn’t an issue for Deku here, even if he has to back off to do so.

The big issue Deku is faced with is dealing damage considering he’s at a 3x disadvantage and, at least currently, doesn’t have any reliable ranged attacks. So he has to get in close with Fa Jin while keeping pressure on Gunvolt the entire time, which is going to be a very long process. This is made worse by the Flashfield, which Deku can avoid, but permanently gets him away from Gunvolt until it is down. Eventually he’ll realize he can’t fire off the Flashfield as much as he wants, but again, it’s going to take a long time of dodging and understanding Gunvolts moves and general abilities.

The good thing going for Deku here though is how incredibly smart he is. He is far more than capable of shutting down any long range options Gunvolt has while also taking note of and understanding every ability he sees Gunvolt use. Unlike his opponent, Deku knows of people with multiple abilities, and can actively analyze and come up with counters to those abilities on the fly. He’ll realize that the majority of GV’s danger comes from his gun, the Flashfield and the big SP attacks. He’ll also notice that GV can’t fire off SP attacks like crazy, and that overusing air hops or the Flashfield will overheat him. It will be a similar case as Muscular, where he noticed and understood his weakness just due to how he moved.

In regards to GV’s gun, his shooting ability is definitely no where near as high as Nagant’s, and even if it was, Deku has learned and gotten far better than that time. He initially couldn’t dodge her shots even while she was hundreds of meters away, but then got so good at predicting them he could dodge several at the same time in near close quarters. So just avoiding or deflecting them won’t be difficult for him in the slightest, especially since he’s going to spend a majority of the time in the air trying to figure out how to get past all of GV’s stuff.

Basically, if Deku can stall hard enough that he knows the small instances where GV is vulnerable, then attack those instances hard with his strongest attacks, he can take this quite solidly. It’s going to be a very time consuming and long fight for him, but with his stamina, he can keep going no problem.

For context, Copen is basically the actual Mega Man of the verse, using every ability of Adepts in the game essentially. As well, Copen’s jet mobility is really good (go to his page and look at the GV2 Equipment section for a visual) something that I’d actually argue is better than Izuku’s, but that’s subjective

also would like to note that EP can be recharged as shown in the Prevasion video, as the Flashfield and Prevasion both use EP. He can also use Split Second to instantly regain it if need be (it’s an SP Skill but he seems to use it really often without limit to his SP in his boss fight)

But what about GV’s healing? Once he’s in danger of dying, can’t he just pull off a full heal? (Again, SP Skill, but it’s there). His experience with pretty much all of Deku’s abilities combined with that should give enough time for him to get his own hits in

Last edited:
For context, Copen is basically the actual Mega Man of the verse, using every ability of Adepts in the game essentially. As well, Copen’s jet mobility is really good (go to his page and look at the GV2 Equipment section for a visual) something that I’d actually argue is better than Izuku’s, but that’s subjective
I looked at it, and I’d personally say Deku’s current mobility is better when you factor in Blackwhip, but as you say, that’s subjective.

Dammit I didn’t think you’d respond that fast so I edited my post

edit: I just did a second time dammit

The healing makes Deku realize he needs to finish Gunvolt in one assault rather than several spaced out over the fight. Up until he sees the healing, Deku will not use 100%, as he is saving it for his fight with Shigaraki and it is reserved for deadly situations. When he sees GV use healing and basically regenerate any damage he has dealt to him, that is when he might pull out 100% + Fa Jin and attempt as hard a beatdown as possible, regardless of the consequences.

He also might try things like taking away GV’s gun, removing any obvious equipment he has, and just generally trying to incapacitate GV without resorting to 100%, which is a last resort.

Taking away his gun is a valid strat, it’s part GV’s main form of attack, though not his only form- but it’d be hard, his default Bolt Type, Cerberus, is effectively a machine gun on auto fire. Taking it away with a grab takes much more time than pointing and shooting, which is obviously something GV is good at, considering he has more experience in terms of basic training (been in QUILL since childhood, taking on life threatening missions the entire time, vs like, one or two years in high school)- so he’d probably be able to shoot a gun better than Izuku can throw hands- so in melee range, Izuku may not think that grabbing the gun is the most important thing ever. Blackwhip does exist but I don’t recall him using it to say, take away Nagant’s big dang rifle

As well, while he hasn’t really shown it (aside from Blade Strangers) he also has been trained in martial arts during all that time in QUILL. He could theoretically punch and kick if he needs to charged with his Septima, and even more theoretically straight up box Izuku if he needs to combined with Flashfield, etc

As for the 100%, GV can half damage to him through Septimal Shield, rendering a 2x advantage to… no advantage lol- so he can at least survive one 100% blow, if not multiple

Last edited:
Taking away his gun is a valid strat, it’s part GV’s main form of attack, though not his only form- but it’d be hard, his default Bolt Type, Cerberus, is effectively a machine gun on auto fire. Taking it away with a grab takes much more time than pointing and shooting, which is obviously something GV is good at, considering he has more experience in terms of basic training (been in QUILL since childhood, taking on life threatening missions the entire time, vs like, one or two years in high school)- so he’d probably be able to shoot a gun better than Izuku can throw hands
I don’t doubt that, but the main objective for Deku in this scenario is just getting the gun away from him. Due to his Analytical Prediction and intelligence, predicting GV’s movements (actual movements like running or dashing) is incredibly easy. That matters a lot here, since he will be attempting this while GV is overheated, and only has SP (assuming he has enough) and the gun.

Blackwhip in close range while GV is overheated gets the job done very well I’d imagine, and I don’t think Blackwhip even conducts electricity. So it’s just a matter of waiting for a good time before going for the gun.

Try looking at Content Revision before making VS Threads. The chance of having someone under review is great.

You can also search for the character in Content Revision.

Izuku also has the advantage in LS so grabbing his weapons with BW shouldn't be too hard.

Anyways I vote Izuku mid diff

He’d be doing that while though, find it hard to believe that he will be able to avoid all of GV’s attacks during that though without any healing. The more damage he takes, I assume the less likely he is willing to use 100%. GV can still throw hands if he needs to, as with the post above. While Blackwhip doesn’t conduct electricity, Flashfield is, as the name suggests, omnidirectional, Deku is either just gonna have to tank the damage or dodge it and lose that chance. Crashbolt and Dragonsphere also exist, which actually don’t cost SP and are Close Quarter Tailored moves- combined with experience against each of Deku’s Quirks in some form, yeah, GV can fight without his gun

Also we might be getting LS upgrades for GV later but it‘s not much since we’re using Deku’s walljump feat as a basis lol.

We’ve been discussing how Izuku is planning to beat GV, but uh, GV dodges, all the time, pretty acrobatically too, he is a mega man character in basis and doesn’t stick to patterns or anything- grabbing the gun with all the crap+experience in his way could be hard, while Nagant was somewhat stationary. Sneak attacks probably dont work either since GV is dodging attacks coming out of portals behind him before

Last edited:
Back