• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Blackwhip does exist but I don’t recall him using it to say, take away Nagant’s big dang rifle

As well, while he hasn’t really shown it (aside from Blade Strangers) he also has been trained in martial arts during all that time in QUILL. He could theoretically punch and kick if he needs to charged with his Septima, and even more theoretically straight up box Izuku if he needs to combined with Flashfield, etc

As for the 100%, GV can half damage to him through Septimal Shield, rendering a 2x advantage to… no advantage lol- so he can at least survive one 100% blow, if not multiple
He didn’t try that with Nagant because that’s not a rifle, that’s literally her arm. It’s a part of her biology, made of flesh and blood and everything. Deku isn’t in the business of ripping people’s arms off lol.

Boxing Deku would not go well considering precognition and the dozen or so Blackwhip tendrils stretching out to disarm him, all knowing where he is going to dodge before he does the movement.

Doubling his defense is good, but again, that costs SP, and cannot be spammed Willy nilly. Deku is not going to use 100% EVER until he has figured out everything GV can do and still realizes he can’t win without it, and by that time, he’ll know his limitations with EP and SP, so he will be in the best possible position to know when to attack with 100% when or if he needs to.

He’d be doing that while though, find it hard to believe that he will be able to avoid all of GV’s attacks during that though without any healing. The more damage he takes, I assume the less likely he is willing to use 100%. GV can still throw hands if he needs to, as with the post above. While Blackwhip doesn’t conduct electricity, Flashfield is, as the name suggests, omnidirectional, Deku is either just gonna have to tank the damage or dodge it and lose that chance. Crashbolt and Dragonsphere also exist, which actually don’t cost SP and are Close Quarter Tailored moves- combined with experience against each of Deku’s Quirks in some form, yeah, GV can fight without his gun

Also we might be getting LS upgrades for GV later but it‘s not much since we’re using Deku’s walljump feat as a basis lol.

We’ve been discussing how Izuku is planning to beat GV, but uh, GV dodges, all the time, he is a mega man character in basis and doesn’t stick to patterns or anything- grabbing the gun with all the crap+experience in his way could be hard, while Nagant was somewhat stationary
Danger Sense + his prediction and Gunvolts attacks being, quite frankly, no where near complicated or difficult to dodge make avoiding damage altogether for Deku surprisingly simple. His biggest threats are moves that cover GV completely, like the Flashfield, which he literally can’t do anything about. That’s why the fight takes so long; he can’t do anything to GV without potentially getting blasted in cqc, so he has to know when he CAN go into cqc.

Deku’s wall jump got taken away. Pain.

I respect the experience GV has, but when Deku is coming for him at his most vulnerable spots, is smarter than him, can predict the moves he’s going to make even through his experience, has faced gun skills far better than what GV has displayed, has precognition and has better mobility with ranged, multi arm grappling, it’s hard to see him getting out of that specific predicament.

Also again, Nagant’s rifle was attached to her, so he couldn’t do much there. The main problem for him in that fight was not having ever fought someone like her before, and being new with his quirks. He overloaded on quirks and messed up his thinking, which resulted in him not finishing it faster. The current Deku is way more experienced and capable than the Deku that fought Nagant, given a month long crusade where he actually mastered his abilities rather than being fresh with them.

I see, but if he’s aiming to do that through overheating GV, it’d be a bit tough since GV is not only dodging all the time, but his fighting style is based around keeping his EP topped off as long as possible, combined with healing and septimal shield- gonna take even longer

And uh, SP regenerates, kinda slowly but he doesn’t just have like, 3 of them things and that‘s it or anything

I see, but if he’s aiming to do that through overheating GV, it’d be a bit tough since GV is not only dodging all the time, but his fighting style is based around keeping his EP topped off as long as possible, combined with healing and septimal shield- gonna take even longer

And uh, SP regenerates, kinda slowly but he doesn’t just have like, 3 of them things and that‘s it or anything
Oh I know, that’s what makes it even worse for Deku, but he can manage. All he needs to know is that he can only do the big moves (he might not connect the healing to it) a certain number of times before he can’t do them again for a little while.

And GV dodging shouldn’t be difficult for him to predict, nor will it be hard to catch him considering he (when GV is overheated) has better mobility and Blackwhip.

Literally every Gunvolt Character:

”Y’ALL SOFT”

Hey, that’s only Deku. MHA characters don’t give a DAMN about some of their opponents LOL.

Though given he tried to pop Shigaraki’s head off After punching his jaw in half and strangling him, when Deku is mad, he gets MAD.

Oh I know, that’s what makes it even worse for Deku, but he can manage. All he needs to know is that he can only do the big moves (he might not connect the healing to it) a certain number of times before he can’t do them again for a little while.

And GV dodging shouldn’t be difficult for him to predict, nor will it be hard to catch him considering he (when GV is overheated) has better mobility and Blackwhip.

Hey, that’s only Deku. MHA characters don’t give a DAMN about some of their opponents LOL.

Though given he tried to pop Shigaraki’s head off After punching his jaw in half and strangling him, when Deku is mad, he gets MAD.
GV has experience against all those, but it doesn't make him just utterly immune to those advantages, so fair. Technically he can’t overheat unless it’s through his own volition since no Prevasion, but Izuku can just trigger Flashfield instead

Gon wait for a GV supporter aside from me to give any opinions

And yeah that’s super raw and all but is it as raw as this:

”Yo those propellers kinda old bro, Anyways can I borrow ur key?”
”No. And what you say about my propellers tho?”
”Uh nothin’”
”nah I heard what u said say it again”
”I said they were old…?”
”PUT YO PAWS UP”
Gets sliced in half

Last edited:
Tbh I’ve always believed that attacking + precognition doesn’t guarantee you’ll always dodge attacks, just because you know it’s coming doesn’t mean you can dodge, especially when you’re trying to attack, GV’s AP makes any mistake a real punish- while he can adapt to Izuku’s own strat more easily since he has healing to buy him that time. If Izuku is going with a strat that would mean baiting him using EP, he’ll be locking himself into a pattern, something, as a Mega Man like char, GV would easily adapt to a strat, and not really need to change his gameplan, but Izuku is gonna need to come up with newer and newer ways to bait GV into using EP- and really, Izuku is kinda predictable himself if he’s just gonna go with punching the whole time

GV can make mistakes and get away with it, adapting to Izuku. Same can’t be said for Izuku- and usage of EP is up to GV- so he has the control over the actual fight-

In fact, he can just stick with Crashbolt as a defense instead, a good “get off me tool”, over and over, which doesn’t cost EP OR SP- for Izuku, being the one who needs to attack from close range

Last edited:
His AP really, again, Izuku being in close range WHILE attacking is overall dangerous. If he was just in close range and defending, I can see Precognition being very useful, but that usefulness always diminishes when you are trying to attack at that range. If he goes for a punch while GV is defending himself with Lightning, he‘s gonna be focusing on getting his blow in- dodging out of the way would be far far harder.

If he decides to go close range just to bait EP/SP expenditure, GV can just… not use it at all- the ball is in his court no matter what.

Once he gets hit by a tag, there’s no way he’s dodging Flashfield, and that thing hurts like crap, we‘re talking mad DPS.

GV has like 2 different power bars, Izuku waiting for a chance when BOTH are down is going to be a long ass time (aka when GV is not only Overheated AND out of SP is gonna be a rare occasion), especially when GV can instantly recharge EP whenever he likes, which he always does. And then he still has attacks that are as “get off me” as you can get AND don’t cost EP or SP

GV can attack at any (notable) range, while Deku is stuck needing to approach him. Air Force projectiles… are really just gonna be dodged to be honest, it’ll be too far away for him to accurately hit when GV has the time to dodge each one

Hmm well you make a fair point but my only issue really is Izuku's high pain tolerance, stamina, and endurance. Gunvolt will be fighting a very steep uphill battle to get through Izuku.

Both will tbh, GV has his own stamina feats (surviving in insta dehydration environments and not dying to fatal wounds like a bullet to the heart) and wack ass healing to make up for it and even it out. But Gunvolt can make mistakes and has time to actually hit Izuku through healing while Izuku is gonna be feeling every hit that he takes, regardless of pain tolerance- the pain is still there.

Both will tbh, GV has his own stamina feats (surviving in insta dehydration environments and not dying to fatal wounds like a bullet to the heart) and wack ass healing to make up for it and even it out. But Gunvolt can make mistakes and has time to actually hit Izuku through healing while Izuku is gonna be feeling every hit that he takes, regardless of pain tolerance- the pain is still there.
Oop I completely forgot about his healing.

Yeah I'll change my vote to Gunvolt.

Tbh I’ve always believed that attacking + precognition doesn’t guarantee you’ll always dodge attacks, just because you know it’s coming doesn’t mean you can dodge, especially when you’re trying to attack, GV’s AP makes any mistake a real punish- while he can adapt to Izuku’s own strat more easily since he has healing to buy him that time. If Izuku is going with a strat that would mean baiting him using EP, he’ll be locking himself into a pattern, something, as a Mega Man like char, GV would easily adapt to a strat, and not really need to change his gameplan, but Izuku is gonna need to come up with newer and newer ways to bait GV into using EP- and really, Izuku is kinda predictable himself if he’s just gonna go with punching the whole time

GV can make mistakes and get away with it, adapting to Izuku. Same can’t be said for Izuku- and usage of EP is up to GV- so he has the control over the actual fight-

In fact, he can just stick with Crashbolt as a defense instead, a good “get off me tool”, over and over, which doesn’t cost EP OR SP- for Izuku, being the one who needs to attack from close range
It’s precognition + prediction that lets him dodge nearly everything. Most of GV’s attacks are straightforward and very easy to understand. There’s no complex maneuvers needed for most of them other than getting away or performing matrix dodges.

Yes, I know mistakes from Deku are punishing, but there really is not anything in GV’s arsenal that can capitalize on or force him to make a mistake. Deku doesn’t just have punching, he can attack with Blackwhip too, or at least just attempt constant grabs. It’s not like being at range shuts down all his options and he’s stuck like an idiot just staring or going in and trying to punch.

I mean, GV has no idea about when or how Deku can avoid his attacks. To him, Deku is just dodging very good. He doesn’t know about how smart he is or his precog. So how is he going to make the judgement call to not use his big moves on an opponent getting near him?

Essentially, this fight boils down to an eternal loop of:

1. Deku tries to get close to GV to restrain with Blackwhip or kick him with Fa Jin, avoiding all his attacks on the way. He does not do this until Danger Sense detects that Flashfield is no longer up.

2. GV tries to fight in cqc and gets bound/disarmed and eventually uses an SP attack. If it’s an AoE one, Deku gets out and waits for it to drop. If it’s not, he avoids it and keeps fighting in cqc to bind GV.

3. GV inevitably gets his EP back and uses Flashfield, which Deku senses and jumps away from. It then goes back to him trying to get into cqc to keep hitting GV.

4. GV heals his wounds with SP, assuming he still has some or got injured enough to warrant it, since his main concern is Blackwhip.

This continues until Deku understands the EP and SP system. At which point it’s just a matter of staying in GV’s range to avoid his attacks and hone in when the EP is out to force out SP moves.

Also, I’m noticing a potentially huge weakness for Gunvolt now; what is his response to Smokescreen? His Enhanced Senses seems to only be for the dark, and his Extrasensory Perception is limited to Joule? So what’s stopping a Smokescreen going off in his face and severely limiting his options?

Also, I cannot stress enough how ridiculously easy GV’s attacks will be to avoid for Deku. It’s not just Precog, his actual feats of avoiding attacks that are faster than he is are better than anything I have seen from GV. I really have no clue what attack he is supposed to hit him with reliably to cause any damage.

And again, if his gun is taken away by Blackwhip strands and Deku predicting his movements (which are also incredibly simple and no where near complex enough to ever get past his analytical prediction), what options does he have then? It feels like we kinda just skipped that part of the discussion.

Also, I cannot stress enough how ridiculously easy GV’s attacks will be to avoid for Deku. It’s not just Precog, his actual feats of avoiding attacks that are faster than he is are better than anything I have seen from GV. I really have no clue what attack he is supposed to hit him with reliably to cause any damage.

And again, if his gun is taken away by Blackwhip strands and Deku predicting his movements (which are also incredibly simple and no where near complex enough to ever get past his analytical prediction), what options does he have then? It feels like we kinda just skipped that part of the discussion.
Gunvolt can just use Astrasphere if Deku gets near, and he can use Luxcalibur as an actual sword. Voltic Chains is also nearly impossible to dodge.

Gunvolt can just use Astrasphere if Deku gets near, and he can use Luxcalibur as an actual sword. Voltic Chains is also nearly impossible to dodge.
Astrasphere gets picked up by Danger Sense and he hops out before it comes out. Luxcalibur can also be dodged easily by just predicting and Danger Sense.

The visual for the chains just seems like big chains coming out to hit someone? I don’t see how that is impossible to dodge when Deku can fly away and has dodged far harder from Nagant and Nine.

Yes, you can say that they’re easy to understand, imagine trying to punch someone while they punch you, yes you can dodge or block the punch if you‘re the defender because, well it’s just a punch. But if you’re trying to hit them while they’re throwing one out, you’re more likely going to be hit. Again, if Deku was just defending the whole time I can understand him dodging, but imagine doing the above example, trying to punch someone, but they’re pointing a machine gun at you while you’re doing that, that’s the situation at close range.

GV doesn’t fighting CQC, if he is, it’s when Deku is approaching him. He’ll likely try to get away with his various movement options, air dashes, air hops, wall jumps, and Flashfield hovering

Flashfield isn’t something GV uses offensively unless he gets a tag off, it’s more defensive if Deku enters his range. Deku will sense and dodge it sure, but GV can just instantly turn it off after it’s dodged, the EP lost will be absurdly time, and auto refills overtime when not in use. When it does go on, it’ll be instantaneous, hard to dodge

Don’t forget Bolt types, they aren’t just in the straightforward variety (like, it even comes with homing varieties, Danmaku, rebound shots and crap), their firerate being quite impressive, and combined with GV’s experience with mobile characters like Deku, he can actually land a jot

I get that Deku has Spider Sense, but Spider Man himself isn’t unhittable or something, eventually he’s gonna get hit. If Nagant can do it with what is basically just a gun with curving bullets, GV can do the same with his Bolt varieties

We already got an answer for Smokescreen in the OP my g, he’s not gonna be screwed by sight inhibiting that easily

I’m not saying Deku can’t win, you’ve already proved that he more than likely can, but that’s if he plays perfect and understands his opposition. GV can likely use his insta AoE/Crashbolt/Dragonsphere to tear Deku down before he gets the chance to land a good read on him, much like how Nagant gave him trouble. I’m pretty sure Deku isn’t perfect, otherwise he wouldn’t be a good character- we like seeing him struggle to defeat his foes.

Last edited:
Yes, you can say that they’re easy to understand, imagine trying to punch someone while they punch you, yes you can dodge or block the punch if you‘re the defender because, well it’s just a punch. But if you’re trying to hit them while they’re throwing one out, you’re more likely going to be hit. Again, if Deku was just defending the whole time I can understand him dodging, but imagine doing the above example, trying to punch someone, but they’re pointing a machine gun at you while you’re doing that, that’s the situation at close range.

GV doesn’t fighting CQC, if he is, it’s when Deku is approaching him.

Flashfield isn’t something GV uses offensively unless he gets a tag off, it’s more defensive if Deku enters his range. Deku will sense and dodge it sure, but GV can just instantly turn it off after it’s dodged, the EP lost will be absurdly time, and auto refills overtime when not in use. When it does go on, it’ll be instantaneous, hard to dodge

Don’t forget Bolt types, they aren’t just in the straightforward variety, and combined with GV’s experience with mobile characters like Deku

I get that Deku has Spider Sense, but Spider Man himself isn’t unhittable or something, eventually he’s gonna get hit

We already got an answer for Smokescreen in the OP my g, he’s not gonna be screwed by sight inhibiting that easily
I mean, he is quite literally trained to be able to transition from dodging to fighting. It’s not like he goes to hit GV, senses something, and is just stuck still for 5 seconds trying to figure out how to move. He extends his foot slightly and flies out of the way or shoots out with a Blackwhip and yanks himself. He is not limited to running away, he has multiple options to maneuver his body.

Yes, so when Deku approaches to disarm the gun, GV will have to use abilities to get him off.

Then Deku starts using Blackwhip to try and restrain GV from range or disarm him while looking to swing himself back in.

Bolt types aren’t even close to what Nagant could do, they’re very easy to avoid.

Deku does not have Spider Sense. His is permanently on and combined with his Analytical Prediction. It’s kinda spider sense but not really.

It seems like he needs to use Flashfield to remove the smoke? So that’s more stuff to get his EP down at least. Unless I’m misunderstanding something. Also Smoke is not the same as darkness.

Can you tell me about Stratos? Idk who that is or how similar their ability is to smokescreen.

Okay lemme put it like this,

You have a gun. I know when you’re going to shoot the gun, and can somehow dodge it. How am I going to beat you? When I take a step forward, you take a step back. I’m never going to reach you, and you have infinite tries to shoot me. Even if I manage to get close, when I try to punch you, you can just gun me down at the same time

Remember, speed is equal, so yes Blackwhip exists, but it’s not gonna enhance his movements. Fai Jin exists, but once he’s in close range, GV can use an ability (say, Crashbolt, costing no SP or EP), and just runs away again

Also trying to understand what makes Nagant so impressive, I read the manga but all I got was curving bullets

I’m not saying Deku can’t win, you’ve already proved that he more than likely can, but that’s if he plays perfect and understands his opposition. GV can likely use his insta AoE/Crashbolt/Dragonsphere to tear Deku down before he gets the chance to land a good read on him, much like how Nagant gave him trouble. I’m pretty sure Deku isn’t perfect, otherwise he wouldn’t be a good character- we like seeing him struggle to defeat his foes.
It’s not playing “perfect,” as it’s just using what he has learned. Again, this is not the Deku that fought Nagant. This is the one AFTER he fought Nagant who got BETTER than that fight. It’s all the experience of the Nagant fight + further mastering his quirks + a month timeskip of straight combat. He is the same guy from before, but his actual skill in combat has jumped immensely.

Again, the most dangerous stuff to Deku is the AoE attacks that surround GV, which he will sense and get out of dodge. Please note that all it takes is a twitch of his foot to make the air pressure needed to move out of the way, and he can summon Blackwhip from any part of his body to yank him back.

Nagant gave him trouble due to the disparity in skill and speed, something Deku closed by learning as the fight went on. He went from barely dodging shots from a kilometer away to dodging multiple shots within tens of meters. His skill has leapt massively since then.
Okay lemme put it like this,

You have a gun. I know when you’re going to shoot the gun, and can somehow dodge it. How am I going to beat you? When I take a step forward, you take a step back. I’m never going to reach you, and you have infinite tries to shoot me. Even if I manage to get close, when I try to punch you, you can just gun me down at the same time

Remember, speed is equal, so yes Blackwhip exists, but it’s not gonna enhance his movements. Fai Jin exists, but once he’s in close range, GV can use an ability (say, Crashbolt, costing no SP or EP), and just runs away again
While that example is good and I get where you’re coming from, there’s more to it than that. In that case, it just becomes a stalemate since neither of them are going to make any progress until one of them passes out from exhaustion.

Blackwhip is and does make him slightly faster actually, but not enough to matter much, hence why it’s not on his profile. Fa Jin speed amp for Faux 100% is no-no territory, which is why I haven’t been debating it. Cause then he would amp to 9x his speed and start blitzing GV, which isn’t allowed cause he’s the slower character.

Yes, it’s a hard loop until something changes. And Deku isn’t willing to use 100% unless his life is in danger. So the only thing that shakes stuff up is him taking away GV’s gun, which is highly probable in the long term.

Also trying to understand what makes Nagant so impressive, I read the manga but all I got was curving bullets
What makes Nagant impressive is the fact she could predict Deku’s movements so acutely and perfectly, that she could shoot a curving bullet hundreds of meters away from him, around a building, to accurately hit him in the back, while knowing he’d somehow block it so she could shoot a second shot at him mid-kick.

What’s impressive about Nagant is that she can snipe through a window and curve her bullets to hit people she can’t even see.

What’s impressive about Nagant is that her analytical prowess is the only thing that has ever rivaled Deku’s own, down to precise mathematical calculations near instantly to figure out how best to incapacitate someone bouncing around at night, in the rain, while flying, with no knowledge on them beforehand.

The bullets aren’t her strong suit, the ridiculous precision and perfect prediction skills are. They’re just complemented and shown through the bullets and how she uses them.

Also I looked up Stratos and he doesn’t seem to have any smokescreen like ability? Unless I’m blind? So idk how GV gets past it reliably? Because having something actively obscure your vision is different from being in the dark.

It’s not playing “perfect,” as it’s just using what he has learned. Again, this is not the Deku that fought Nagant. This is the one AFTER he fought Nagant who got BETTER than that fight. It’s all the experience of the Nagant fight + further mastering his quirks + a month timeskip of straight combat. He is the same guy from before, but his actual skill in combat has jumped immensely.

Again, the most dangerous stuff to Deku is the AoE attacks that surround GV, which he will sense and get out of dodge. Please note that all it takes is a twitch of his foot to make the air pressure needed to move out of the way, and he can summon Blackwhip from any part of his body to yank him back.

Yes, it’s a hard loop until something changes. And Deku isn’t willing to use 100% unless his life is in danger. So the only thing that shakes stuff up is him taking away GV’s gun, which is highly probable in the long term.
Yes, I feel like we all understand here that GV’s main threat is the AoE- I was just arguing that y’know, Deku ain’t perfect and that while I’m sure he can dodge like, 95 out of 100 bullets outta a machine gun, those 5 Bullets still gonna suck. And the closer he is to GV, while he’s attacking, it’s gonna be harder to dodge, not saying that it’s impossible to, just- more difficult. And that since GV is healing/defense buffs, he’d have more time to possibly get a bolt in. (basically just, closer to gun = harder to dodge, is all I was trying to point out)

Whether Deku can dodge em all or not at these ranges is subjective between debaters- like how I’m of the camp that he can’t dodge them ALL while attacking while someone like you would believe point blank shots + experience against Deku’s powers would miss.

Either way tho, GV still has a perpetual range advantage with his mobility not being all that bad to escape Deku trying to jump him- he effectively starts with the advantage and Deku has to like, figure out his gist before he gets AP Slammed. Since they start at a 4K range Deku probably won’t figure out any lightning powers out until he actually causes them, he’ll probably be able to do it but still it’s a point.

Stratos things are like “bugs” made out of energy that obscure the screen heavily- the Flashfield pretty much disperses and takes care of that, and I’m pretty sure GV has dispersed something similar to smoke aside from that, but he pretty much takes care of a ton of hazards with his Flashfield in general, I wouldn’t doubt that he can do the same with mere smoke. (Like seriously, anything encountered in the game = “uuuuh Flashfield”, to the point where it disperses weird… cyber space butterfly… things)

Tbh I don’t see Smokescreen being all that useful, Deku’s own air pressure creating strikes will immediately blow it away, and it obscures both fighters’ sight. Gunvolt can even use it to his advantage and run away with Deku not knowing where he went

If Deku manages to disarm GV, as I said before he can still throw hands somewhat proficiently. I get you said Precognition but the same applies to his gun, so honestly it just means he has less range now- since as you said his main threat is AoE anyways- it just means that he no longer threaten Deku while Deku can’t do the same reliably.

Also, thx for clearing up that it’s her skill not the versatile bullets (GV’s pretty good too but not in feats, he just has the marksmanship experience)

Extra Note: GV may doesn’t use Astrasphere or any big SP Skill all that much in his boss fight or most showings, he’d likely save the SP for his heals, after all, he can Flashfield at any time, regen the EP automatically or instantly manually-yeah. Getting through that defense is a pain in Deku’s butt indeed, especially when healing can just reset all of that progress, and SP also regens. So when Deku’s trying to get through Flashfield, SP regens, when he finally gets through, heal, rinse and repeat lol. How does INTi always make up OP characters defensive-wise

Tbh if I was a voter I’d like, Incon, because it literally looks as dead even as you can get. But I’m a GV rep so I gotta represent lol.

Last edited:
4-3 Izuku- if we’re counting me going GV it’d be 4-4 so close enough lol

Last edited:
Gunvolt is ultimately more skilled than Deku. He also has similar feats of thinking on his feet to counter an enemy's ability (Like countering Elise's resurrections or 2nd form Nova's barrier).

GV also would be far from helpless up close, since he's trained in formal martial arts while Deku's more of a self-taught brawler.

And from what I can tell from it's description, Danger Sense only tells Deku an attack is coming, not exactly what the attack is. It also wouldn't help Deku land hits against Gunvolt's more defensive fighting style.

Edit: Oh, and Gunvolt also has considerable experience fighting people with multiple powers, mainly from fighting Copen several times.

Last edited:
Gunvolt is ultimately more skilled than Deku. He also has similar feats of thinking on his feet to counter an enemy's ability (Like countering Elise's resurrections or 2nd form Nova's barrier).

GV also would be far from helpless up close, since he's trained in formal martial arts while Deku's more of a self-taught brawler.

And from what I can tell from it's description, Danger Sense only tells Deku an attack is coming, not exactly what the attack is. It also wouldn't help Deku land hits against Gunvolt's more defensive fighting style.

Edit: Oh, and Gunvolt also has considerable experience fighting people with multiple powers, mainly from fighting Copen several times.
Ultimately more skilled? Deku’s intelligence and prediction more than makes up that gap easily. Even if he’s more skilled traditionally, he’s got no way to perfectly deal with Deku just avoiding all of his attacks and predicting any conventional gun shots. It’s intelligence vs skill. And I can’t think of any way for him to counter Blackwhip strands just trying to take his gun away, since Deku is better at reading his moves than he is at dodging.

True, which is why he has other abilities than just punching like Blackwhip and Fa Jin. And his martial arts is, again, countered by Danger Sense.

Danger Sense does tell him what kind of attack it is, as evidenced by how he is able to dodge and deflect attacks. And even if it didn’t, he’d get massive amounts of danger coming from GV anytime he tries big AoE moves around him, which he would instantly back away from. It doesn’t need to help him land hits, he can do that with predicting his moves.

Deku has tons of actual experience as well, and I’m pretty sure is horrendously smarter than GV in most instances of any fight. Just having experience doesn’t secure a win, and in this case, Deku doesn’t care for any of his experience unless it can get past his prediction, precog and intelligence.

Gunvolt is definitely more skilled and experienced on a technical level, he has way way more years, but Deku has that main character protagonist kind of strategy which, doesn’t really exist for GV games- he figured out Nova and Elise, but it doesn’t change the main core of his game plan or anything. He’ll be hit sometimes tho since the closer he is the scarier things get- that’s all lol

Back