• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This was a thing on Death Battle Fanon, so now Dekus gon fight a terrorist, also for some reason it showed up public in the sandbox so idk. This is the real one

I'm more of doing this just as a member of the Azure Striker Gunvolt community, the franchise is fantastic, and no one knows it exists so now here ya go, it exists.

izuku_midoriya_s4.png
GVBMZ.png
Izuku:
Gunvolt: The_Smashor​

Rules

Speed Equal, SBA otherwise (4km Range)

Izuku - Up to 3.9 Megatons (45%, Low 7-B) to 6.3 Megatons (100%, Baseline 7-B via Upscaling)
(Latest key, can go up to 100%)

Gunvolt - 3.1 Megatons (Low 7-B), can double AP and Durability (Septimal Surge and Shield)
(Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 Key, Anthem Disabled, Prevasion Allowed... if its fair...)

Points Brought Up / Obvious Points
(Or anything that comes to mind for me that I feel should be known)

Izuku
Pros
  • Far more of a strategist than Gunvolt is (who never needed to change his general gameplay most of the time)
  • Likely more skilled in hand to hand, combined with fighting Sir Nighteye (tho Nighteye kinda stomped)
  • Has experienced fights/has worked with abilities resembling Gunvolt’s Advantages, though never all at one time.
    • Kaminari has a exact copy of Tag and Flash, and 3.1 Million Volts is practically Astrasphere
    • Lady Nagant resembles GV’s long range marksmanship, including trickery like Mizuchi Bolts
    • Mirio has Intangibility, though no where near as overpowered as Prevasion
    • Overhaul had instantaneous healing, though Deku needed to simply overpower him to deal with such
  • More versatile utility
  • Danger Sense helps against GV's bolt projectiles
Cons
  • No solid way of getting through Prevasion (Am seriously considering to get rid of it for this fight)
    • Even worse when combined with Healing
  • Most Damage comes from Close Range attacks, putting Deku in harms way of the Flashfield.
  • Has never defeated Mirio or Overhaul (the latter on his own), nor has actually fought Kaminari

Gunvolt
Pros
  • Has experience with Izuku’s arsenal from different Adepts
    • Desna’s Septima is like Blackwhip, as well as Elise’s
    • Many of his enemies levitate and teleport in battle like Float, such as Jota, Merak, Nova, Teseo, Gibril, and Zonda
    • Has fought through Elise stage (total darkness) without struggle, Smokescreen likely won't obscure him. This is especially combined with Stratos's Septima acting like a Smokescreen, GV able to disperse it with his casual Flashfield
    • Copen’s Bullit Dash and Milas’s Splash Dash are similar to Deku’s Fai Jin, utilizing kinetic energy storage for a one time use of speed, except that Copen can reload his Bullits at any time, and therefore Bullit Dash at any time
    • Enemies like Stratos can resemble hit and run tactics
  • Plenty of close range options with wide range like Astrasphere to help in close quarters
  • Has tricky Bolt types to throw off Danger Sense like Lady Nagant did. Has wide hitting attacks to deal with Danger Sense as well
  • Healing
  • Prevasion is Busted (See below video)
Cons
  • Most Adepts don't have multiple Septima. Aside from Zonda, Gunvolt has never fought many enemies with multiple powers at once like Deku

Last edited:
Before anything starts, I'm gonna outline a couple things about Gunvolt and Prevasion, since every time he's in a VS Match (such as against Diavolo) everyone misunderstands his abilities and downplay him, so here I go.

Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns GV into electrons. It costs part of a resource called EP, the same resource as his Flashfield each time its used to evade an attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, he's practically unhittable. As for EP, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by Gunvolt himself. If he chooses the latter, all of his EP is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and Gunvolt can stall out anyone if he really wanted to. In character however, Gunvolt does not rely on Prevasion and actively tries to dodge attacks, but would also want to make sure that his EP is topped. Prevasion is disabled when Gunvolt uses his Flashfield, his main attack.

When he is out of EP, he goes into Overheat state, for a second or two, he becomes vulnerable and cannot use his Flashfield or Prevasion, making him vulnerable to any normal attack.

Based on just that... Prevasion must be banished?

Wanna make this fair enough so that the MHA side actually has a chance, so if I need to get rid of Prevasion and some Skills too like healing I don't mind

Probably should point out that GV's likelihood of clearing the smoke with Flashfield is actually decently high as he's used to dispel a lot of Septimal powers that cover there screen and act as stage hazards. Gibril's blood, Stratos' "bugs", Teseo's Curse Scripts, etc.

While Deku's a better strategist, Gunvolt has much more skill. Deku's only had his quirk for two years, while Gunvolt's had his Septima for most of his life and has been trained in both using it and martial arts for a good amount of that time. Thanks to Analytical Prediction and Precog he can actually hit Gunvolt on occasion, but Gunvolt's healing will let him recover when he actually does get hit.

A Smokescreen would probably be Gunvolt's biggest weakness since Deku has danger sense to help him dodge Gunvolt's attacks, but that's only going to help Deku get a single hit since all of his attacks create massive amounts of wind. And even then Gunvolt's skill means he probably won't fall for it more than once if at all. The rest of his extra quirks aren't that useful here.

Ultimately, although Deku can figure out a strategy to counter Prevasion, but Gunvolt won't fall for it consistently. And while Deku is thinking of new ways to even damage Gunvolt, Gunvolt has no such trouble hitting Deku. While Deku has some ways to block Gunvolt's bolts (And also knows that avoiding these bolts is a good idea against an electricity user thanks to Denki using a similar strategy), he has no real counter against his skills like Astrasphere, Luxcalibur and Voltaic Chains.

In conclusion, although Deku is probably a better strategist, Gunvolt has more practical variety with his Septima than Deku does with his quirks. Deku certainly has the tools and intelligence to pull out the win, more so than many of Gunvolt's other opponents, but Gunvolt's win condition is much more consistent. Deku needs to trick Gunvolt several times in rapid succession before he can heal, while Gunvolt just needs to do what he generally does and be a bit more cautious while doing it. I'd say Gunvolt wins 7/10 times.

Gunvolt has no difficulty hitting Deku? How? From what I’m seeing, there is nothing in his arsenal that gets past Danger Sense and Float.

Also, Deku has 2 more quirks. Gonna have to ask for a hold on this like on the other matches until he actually shows all his skills and not like only half his arsenal. He’s in a very big changing arc right now.

I see.

Also, Gunvolt has fought multiple flying enemies in the past, and has wide hitting attacks to help counter precog. But I agree this should be on hold if Izuku is getting new powers in the near future.

Gunvolt has no difficulty hitting Deku? How? From what I’m seeing, there is nothing in his arsenal that gets past Danger Sense and Float.

Also, Deku has 2 more quirks. Gonna have to ask for a hold on this like on the other matches until he actually shows all his skills and not like only half his arsenal. He’s in a very big changing arc right now.
I agree with this point, though Gunvolt CAN make it easier to hit Deku via his various Bolt types (Cerberus is effectively a machine gun, at close range I can't possibly imagine Deku dodging them no matter how good his senses are [see GV vs Boa Hancock], Orochi is an effective danmaku, Vasuki is homing, etc). However, Deku has seen Denki so he'd know what's up. Float though is something negligible since like half of the GV cast can do that. (Also, I think Smashor kinda meant that he doesn't really need to change his plan of attack all that much rather than have an easy time hitting)

Request granted. In the meantime, I ask if you (and other MHA supporters) believe Prevasion is too much for Deku to handle or if its fair that we can keep it. I'm thinking on the former side since I don't imagine Deku ever getting past it given what we seen (especially when GV has full heals) but I need more opinions.

Also there is another point I personally want to make-
I understand that Deku has Danger Sense, and like that's basically Spider Sense, but Deku happens to be in the same predicament as Boa Hancock from another thread, so I will restate that point here: Deku, for the most part, is most effective at close range in terms of offense. Aside from that, all he really has are shockwaves, which are quite linear and use finger flicks (mostly), instead of stronger melee attacks. Whether or not you see something coming or not doesn't make you untouchable, especially at a point blank range WHILE attacking. Considering GV's Astrasphere, Dragonsphere, Luxcaliber, Crashbolt. Machine Gun Cerberus, and Flashfield essentially being Anti-Melee tools, some covering a wide enough area so that Deku can't escape while he himself is attacking. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Spider Sense Deku isn't untouchable ultra instinct man, and he actually can be hit. Not saying it'll be easy for GV though.

Last edited:
Also, really hoping that the "Points Made" Section in the OP helps new viewers here, I update them over time as the debate goes on, so I'll try to keep up.

I'll bump this every chapter or so, that way we won't just forget and let this die

Last edited:
Nah that's just intangibility lol, dude is basically invincible if he recharges that blue bar over and over, which is why I'm asking MHA doods if we can keep it or not

Nah that's just intangibility lol, dude is basically invincible if he recharges that blue bar over and over, which is why I'm asking MHA doods if we can keep it or not
Well that's more op.
Then I guess I'll try to find one more MHA supporter. Because despite of me actually watching anime and reading manga I can be sure with Izuku on few things.
1. He's pretty well strategitical, and can probably come up with strategy after some time understanding ability.
2. I believe he really should concentrate on low 7-B - 7-B since I guess his punches can be damagable to himself.
Though the main problem for me is I actually didn't readed an arc where war started and Izuku have other quirk than just whip. So I guess I would call supporter. At this moment Gunvolt via being able to be intangible countering Izuku's fighting at close range.

Would like to bump this with information on Deku’s new quirk. It seems like a kind of temporary stat boost, but mostly speed boost. From what I can tell, it requires a bit of charge time, and is used for closing big gaps like against Lady Nagant. Against GV though, I’m not sure if this helps his case since a lot of GV’s dangerous options are at close range.

Would also like to point out 2 more things:

Deku’s smokescreen covers a wide radius, but keep in mind that this affects both parties, and Deku hasn’t effectively used it yet aside from the most recent chapter. So GV might actually get the jump on Deku instead of the other way around.

Also, the newest chapter did point out something about Danger Sense. When Deku managed to kick away Lady Magant’s sneak attack bullet, he succeeded, but the second bullet following managed to hit him right after. Considering that GV’s Cerberus is autofire, and has tricky dart types to use, Danger Sense might not be enough to deal with mass amount of projectiles.

Last edited:
Another Bump with more information on Fai Jin

It builds up kinetic energy over repeated movements, basically, charging up over time to release it in a jet burst like way, when used to save Chisaka, he basically moved at super speed through the air to get there. However, this is EXACTLY like Copen's Bullit Dashing, Kinetic Energy and all, except Deku can't reload like Copen can, and it looks like it only stores one charge per limb, it's also something he can't do right away due to charge time

Has Izuku gotten those things yet?

Edit: The AP probably doesn't work for this matchup now, though, since even with the upcoming AP buffs Gunvolt can't reach 45%'s level without Anthem, with is super overpowered thanks to Mid-Godly regen.

Alright uuuuh now GV has a 7B key and Deku has a 7B, I can either bump this thread or start a new one- which seems better?

Aight bet, but not today, maybe not even in this week lol-

I'll carry over some arguement such as Prevasion and Healing, but again I'm still gonna ask if u guys wanna like... y'know, not have Prevasion

Back