• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saber vs Gunvolt: Warriors of another "Calibur"

Power is an interesting thing. Be it someone is born with it, obtains it through effort, or has it thrust upon them. One constant of power is that those who have if cannot live the life of an ordinary person. Weather they embrace their fate, or spend their entire lives running away from it, this is up to them.

Rules: Speed is equalized. This is Gunvolt merged with Joule during Gunvolt 2 versus Artoria as Shirou's servant with Avalon.

latest.png
latest.png
Gunvolt:

Last edited:
Gunvolt is much stronger than Ghauri, who's weakest attack is at 3.1155535062141 Megatons.

Artoria is in the same ballpark as Karna, who's pretty casually at 1.9 Megatons. Excalibur upscales from 1.1 Gigatons (Low end dosn't matter since Artoria has Avalon).

This doesn't work my guy

Septima/Adepts should be able to affect servants, the thing is...

Conveniently Gunvolt and Asimov's Septimas are replicated via science, artificial recreations of the original Azure Striker. They cannot harm Servants.

EDIT

Okay I just heard that there are artificial spells in the Fate universe that derive from originals... so maybe? Up to you guys.

GV's Septima does use the original's as a base, just replicated by Sumeragi (who essentially does Septima Technology... stuff... they use magic swords.)

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner btw. But lemme explain Prevasion for everyone so no one misunderstands a single thing, and I do this every GV thread because everyone doesn't acknowledge Prevasion's existence

AHEM

Prevasion is essentially (automatic on hit) elemental intangibility, it turns Gunvolt into electrons to automatically negate incoming damage. It costs some of his "Electro Psycho Energy", but Copen can instantly "recharge" his EP. Even the game itself acknowledges that Gunvolt is essentially "invincible" so long as he keeps track of his EP and "recharges" accordingly. In this intangible state however, he still is capable of attacking as well with his weapons, even striking with physical blows too. Best way to think about it is that you don't really "hit" the dude without taking care of EP first, which then again, can be recharged (he can also recharge passively, but its only gradual).

Last edited:
As for my actual argument (assuming that this is a valid fight with the whole Artificial Septima)

Avalon. Bruh.

Prevasion. Bruh.

No one is hitting each other. They would literally just be standing there forever as soon as they realize this. Whoever gets hungry first loses. Incon.

Oh really? On the Servant page it says that's for like, ghosts n crap. I'm not sure if that applies to element stuff and I don't see it in the profiles. This wasn't mentioned in the Archer v Copen thread wryyyyy.

Assuming it does, Saber just.... wins, like, stomp wins. But I do wanna know where the bypassing comes from tho, like scan/source

Also, GV's main attack is quite literally gun + septimal attack. It's a two stage thing though, so without getting a hit with gun, lol not gon work. And gun is science. And in the fate universe "Screw science" is the norm

wry why do you include avalon

Oh yeah. Magic Resistance.

Last edited:
servants can hit elemental intangibles tho
I'm assuming you mean things like Air and Fire elementals in Fate Grand/Order or something like that. Gunvolt turns himself into electrons. Have servants hit beings made out of subatomic particles?
Also, GV's main attack is quite literally gun + septimal attack. It's a two stage thing though, so without getting a hit with gun, lol not gon work. And gun is science. And in the fate universe "Screw science" is the norm

wry why do you include avalon
Technically, the darts just need to hit the opponent, they don't need to actually do damage, so the darts still work probably.

Because it adds to the connections

I edited my message too many times so one didn't notice but I'll say it again.

Lol Magic Resistance.

wryyyyy

Elementals, nonexistents, incorporeals, and maybe abstracts but I’m not sure. Once revisions are over they’ll get to hit hde as well I think

Servants have some of the best npi on the site, yeah. They can hit type 2 nonexistents as well
JoJo Stands can hit ghosts but can't hit fog. Hitting one type of intangibility dosn't mean you hit all of them.
I edited my message too many times so one didn't notice but I'll say it again.

Lol Magic Resistance.
Septima isn't magic. Magic actually exists in Gunvolt (Glaives are noted as being based on "Magical Swords" and Grimores are considered to have several "Spells), and Septima is considered something different. Septima can be enhanced by magic and sealed by magic, but Septima itself is the result of Lifewave, which is more akin to psychic powers (Septima also encompasses an Adept's biology and soul).

Do wanna ask a question tho:

Magic swords- like, would M. Resistance only negate the magic part and the sword part would still hurt? If so, I guess Luxcaliber or Voltaic might work... but like... that's really stretching it as its made completely out of GV's Septima

it includes mystic eyes which are very explicitly blocked by magic resistance
Mystic eyes are probably just magic and psychic. And even then Adepts can keep using their septima even if only one part is nullified. For example, a robot without a mind has a Septima. Even if Artoria nullifies the psychic aspect, Gunvolt still can use his septima through the biological and spiritual aspects.

Septima can clearly still exist without being psychic considering Copen is specifically not psychic and can still use them with technology.

Mystic eyes are probably just magic and psychic.
What. That's literal headcanon, my dude. You can't say stuff like that without bring proof.
And even then Adepts can keep using their septima even if only one part is nullified. For example, a robot without a mind has a Septima. Even if Artoria nullifies the psychic aspect, Gunvolt still can use his septima through the biological and spiritual aspects. Septima can clearly still exist without being psychic considering Copen is specifically not psychic and can still use them with technology.
I don't understand how any of this matters. The actual application of it would still be resisted by MR.

What. That's literal headcanon, my dude. You can't say stuff like that without bring proof.

I don't understand how any of this matters. The actual application of it would still be resisted by MR.
It literally has the word "Mystic" in the name.

Do wanna ask a question tho:

Magic swords- like, would M. Resistance only negate the magic part and the sword part would still hurt? If so, I guess Luxcaliber or Voltaic might work... but like... that's really stretching it as its made completely out of GV's Septima
Can I have an answer on this? Maybe when Kirin comes out and her sword happens to be Septimal of some sort this could potentially work who knows

Can I have an answer on this? Maybe when Kirin comes out and her sword happens to be Septimal of some sort this could potentially work who knows
Raw magical energy is able to bypass the MR skill. That said, the MR skill also specifically cancels out spells, so Luxcalibur and such would specifically be nulled. Flashfield would maybe work, but then you have the issue of Avalon existing.

I will say

Fate is getting the DMC treatment once revisions happen (I.E. literally everything is 4D smurfhax) so uh

yeah
I'm... going to assume a good chunk of it's not fully applicable. I hope.

Also would Gunvolt's skills having him say three lines of text let him use it on people with C rank Magic Resistance?

Raw magical energy is able to bypass the MR skill. That said, the MR skill also specifically cancels out spells, so Luxcalibur and such would specifically be nulled. Flashfield would maybe work, but then you have the issue of Avalon existing.
Aight but what about just like, a normal metal sword with like, a magic affinity or some crap

(Also I don't think Flashfield would work tho, why you think dat?)

I'm... going to assume a good chunk of it's not fully applicable. I hope.
Oh no

it's literally all going to be 4D. As in, literally everything, applicable or not
Also would Gunvolt's skills having him say three lines of text let him use it on people with C rank Magic Resistance?
I'd say probably? that sounds about right honestly
Aight but what about just like, a normal metal sword with like, a magic affinity or some crap
Weapons can acquire mystery over time and they can hurt servants with enough of it, so probably?
(Also I don't think Flashfield would work tho, why you think dat?)
It's just raw electricity, is it not? Servants specifically can still be nuked by just, Raw unfiltered AP

Like, to use an analogy, let's take Kefka from final fantasy. his light of judgement, which is literally just a raw laser of pure energy, wouldn't be resisted. But spells like ultima, flare, and forsaken, even though they're potentially more powerful than the light of judgement, would be resisted.

Back