• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Syn Shenron is stated to be 3A since he thrashed Post-Limit Break SSJ4 Goku

Post Limit Break SSJ4 Goku is stated to be 3A since he kept up with Syn Shenron

This does not make sense. Saying that 2 characters are this powerful for fighting each other with no other explanation makes no sense. This should be changed

Are there no other explanations for their power levels available?

Somebody should ask some of the members listed in the Dragon Ball (Toei) page to comment here.

It is probably due to not being enormously weaker than Omega Shenron, who could destroy the entire universe, but it could have been explained considerably better.

Feel free to ask SomebodyData, Kepekley23, and DarkDragonMedeus to comment here regarding this issue.

Omega s Baseline with his strongest attack, so anyone weaker (which is everyone except Gogeta) should be 3B

Possibly, but you or somebody else needs to ask the people I mentioned earlier to comment here.

DB is 40x the baseline of our observable universe due to U7 being bigger.

No it's not.

It also needs remaking even if it is legit; there are currently no images on it proving what it is calcing. The link to the old NarutoForums calc has no images either.

Damage3245 said:
It also needs remaking even if it is legit; there are currently no images on it proving what it is calcing. The link to the old NarutoForums calc has no images either.
I commented about including the images in the blog itself, I even posted the links to the images.

NF does have all the images links but they are not visible unless you're logged in.

Have you inserted the image links into the blog itself, or just into a comment?

Just into a comment since I didn't make that blog, but they must be inserted into the blog for complete context.

I'm not sure the calc makes any sense anyway. It is trying to scale the DB Universe with the Observable Universe, but it also has Snake Way for scale on there which we know is 1 million kilometers long.

So am I missing something for that calc?

One of the primary reasons for its size is the fact that it is technically impossible to calculate the actual size of the universe. It could be anywhere between the size of the observable universe and infinite. In Dragon Ball, Earth and the Milky Way Galaxy are located at the edge of the universe which notes a lot of things.

So there's a Point A, Point B, and Point C. Point A is the edge close to the Earth, Point B, is where Earth is at, and Point C is the farther edge. The line that connects A and B is the radius of the observable Universe. The Observable Universe assumes Earth is the center of the universe, which could be right or wrong. But if the Earth was truly at the edge of the Universe, then the actual universe would have to be much larger than the Observable Universe.

Additionally, Heaven and Hell are both much larger than the physical Universe on top of the Physical Universe itself being that much larger than the Observable Universe. It was low-balled that the overall volume or of the explosion required to one shot the entire universe with and omni-directional explosion and Inverse Square Law taken in mind to get the result we got.

DB's universe is nothing like our own. Their galaxy is not the Milky Way. It was never called that. It cannot be scaled to ours in anyway without using superfluous guesswork.

It's also very possible to calc the size of the actual universe. It's been done before.

@Sera, actually there was a statement about the Milky Way Galaxy in GT. And "North Galaxy" and "South Galaxy" are like fancy words for quadrants.

GT is not canon. I know this is a GT revision but that calc has also been used for DBS.

GT is not canon, but various cosmology details have remained consistent throughout various versions of Dragon Ball. Even the original Manga confirmed Earth being located at the edge of the Universe and containing innumerable galaxies. Even if you want to argue against the Universe's size, the Inverse Square Law of the attack would still make it 5 times, and that's also excluding the afterlifes.

True. Still, even if it's the Milky Way, it's not comparable to our Milky Way. Not in position either. Yes, North Galaxy is a mistranslation, the actual term is "North Region/Area" but it still requires a lot of speculation with no reasonable backing to assume their universe is larger than ours because the Milky Way is located at the edge of the universe in DB, a science fantasy series. I know it's a calc, but that's stretching it.

So what should we do here? Clarify the reasons for 3-A or downgrade to 3-B?

Keep it 3-A. I'm only against the "DB universe is above baseline" stuff.

If the DB Earth is stated to be at the edge of the Universe, then why we are assuming their "Observable Universe" is the same as ours?

That seems like a big assumption with little to no supporting evidence.

There's nothing contradicting that their universe is not the same as ours. We consider ourselves at the center of the "observable" universe only because we can only see till the radius our current equipments allow us to. Our exact position in the universe isn't known.

The calc still doesn't make any sense.

If the DB Earth is at the edge of the Universe, why does the calc (using this image) assume it to be in the very center of the Universe, as far from all the edges as you can get?

And why are we assuming that the bottom half is to scale with the Universe anyway? As I mentioned up above, Snake Way is on the top half of the image and if that map is to scale then the Supreme Kai realm is only a couple million kilometers across.

I must confess, I still think the calc is pretty dubious.

The point is, the Observable Universe is nothing more than a tiny spec estimate for how big the Universe actually is. It's also impossible to hammer down exactly how structured our universe is. We can theorize details, but theories =/= facts. For all we know, our Universe could be just like Dragon Ball where the Earth is really close the the edge of the Universe; but in order for that to be a fact. The entire Observable Universe would also have to be a tiny spec that's simply located at the edge of the Universe thus making the rest of the Universe much larger than the Observable Universe.

Technically, every single Universal character or fast enough to fly to the edge of the universe on this site is heavily lowballed. And Dragon Ball despite the current multitudes are still fodder compared to other 3-A verses. DC's 3-A characters are like trillions of time baseline due to the Universe being "At least 100 trillion light-years in diameter". And same with Touhou, where their characters are like Septillions of times the baseline.

So saying "40 times is too high to be true" is really not much of an argument and semi-hypocritical. Not saying that out of offence, but just a minor note that needs to be pointed out.

I'm not saying "40 times is too high to be true"; I just don't think the map being provided is good to scale off of.

But if everyone else is fine with it, I won't get involved.

@Damage To answer your first question, that because lowball. The calcer simply fit the diameter of our observable circular universe in the mortal universe of DB, and got the diameter for the DB universe. If he were to fit the circle around the edge, it would become much smaller than the DB universe and the result would be much greater. So he did it to be on the safer side.

To answer the second question, the objects in the universe map (such as snake way, enma's palace, etc) are not drawn to scale. But their shapes and relative positions with respect to each other are still correct (such as Earth being at the edge and the mortal universe + afterlife having a globular shape, etc). The calcer did not use any of the objects that are not drawn to scale in any of his measurements. But the DB universe having a globular shape is given and he can compare the diameters of both universes by fitting one inside the other since it doesn't depend on whether the map is drawn to scale or not, it only depends on their shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back