• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 vs 2 The Tag Team Championship Tournament: The Psychic Cleaners vs The Demon and the Spider

Yeah but just in case, we should discuss Junko vs Spidey

Because if a regular web isn't going to work, Spidey can use bigger webs that can take up the space of an entrance to a new road in New York.
Don't have too much time to argue today. Tourney started at a really bad time for me.

Anyway, as said, Junko could potentially break free from webs via AP. It's not like they are 9-B/indestructible webs.
She generally is good enough to dodge lightspeed projectiles and extremely athletic which is good for dodging
jdTxBJG.png

Rr4fBD2.png
She is also really smart. Since she is strong enough to break chunks out of the floor and stuff she will start using them as shields if the webs get troublesome.

And if it gets really bad, Junko can tag out, free herself, and, if necessary, tag back in.

Spidey's webs are good, but outside of that Junko's regen really makes it hard for him to do much to her.

Don't have too much time to argue today. Tourney started at a really bad time for me.

Anyway, as said, Junko could potentially break free from webs via AP. It's not like they are 9-B/indestructible webs.
Spidey's webbings were able to stop an armored car in place. They're also resistant to electricity. And if there's a scan of Spidey's webs not being able to be broken by his opponents like the Lizard or Electro, then that would make it hard for Junko to break them, right? Since Spidey's villains would have to be comparable to him.
She generally is good enough to dodge lightspeed projectiles and extremely athletic which is good for dodging
Fair enough, but Spidey does have Supersonic reactions. So if reactions aren't equalized, I'm not sure on that, couldn't he see her in slow motion?
jdTxBJG.png

Rr4fBD2.png
She is also really smart. Since she is strong enough to break chunks out of the floor and stuff she will start using them as shields if the webs get troublesome.
While I don't know anything about this Toaru character, it's safe to say Peter is a genius in his own right. He was able to recognize that he was being tricked telepathically due to inconsistencies between reality and a fake scenario. He was able to use a cable to absorb Electro just through improvising. He was also able to track down someone just through analyzing their phone frequency, and also created an antidote to an intelligence enhancing drug just through the speech patterns of another student. And those pieces of rubble wont be of any help when these potentially class 5 webs snatch them.
And if it gets really bad, Junko can tag out, free herself, and, if necessary, tag back in.
If she's busy trying to tag in, that could potentially lead to a distraction where Spidey can web up her hand, wrist, or anyplace else and pull her away.
Spidey's webs are good, but outside of that Junko's regen really makes it hard for him to do much to her.

On a side note, there is Spidey' Spider sense, which for one example, allowed him to sense a Talon member right behind him.

Spidey's webbings were able to stop an armored car in place. They're also resistant to electricity. And if there's a scan of Spidey's webs not being able to be broken by his opponents like the Lizard or Electro, then that would make it hard for Junko to break them, right? Since Spidey's villains would have to be comparable to him.
Unless the webs have durability far above the durability limit of the tourney I don't see how Junko would be unable to harm them at all.

Fair enough, but Spidey does have Supersonic reactions. So if reactions aren't equalized, I'm not sure on that, couldn't he see her in slow motion?
Junko also has supersonic reactions. Like, their reaction/travel speed gap is really similar.

While I don't know anything about this Toaru character, it's safe to say Peter is a genius in his own right. He was able to recognize that he was being tricked telepathically due to inconsistencies between reality and a fake scenario. He was able to use a cable to absorb Electro just through improvising. He was also able to track down someone just through analyzing their phone frequency, and also created an antidote to an intelligence enhancing drug just through the speech patterns of another student.
Ok, but how does any of that help him in the battle? I brought intelligence up, because Junko has strategies that help her.

And those pieces of rubble wont be of any help when these potentially class 5 webs snatch them.
That's their purpose. Get snatched instead of Junko. Junko can always break something to create more.

If she's busy trying to tag in, that could potentially lead to a distraction where Spidey can web up her hand, wrist, or anyplace else and pull her away.

On a side note, there is Spidey' Spider sense, which for one example, allowed him to sense a Talon member right behind him.
Nah, she won't be so distracted and Junko's super senses allow her to do the same. In fact:

axdDRrL.png

x5kbIgQ.png
Junko casually reacted to getting surprise attacked via teleportation.

Well if it restrains her arms and legs there’s bugger all she can do about that tbf
Can smash them against the closest...something. Maybe a sharp rock.

Like, for a normal character that sounds like a bad idea, but with Junko's regeneration it's a perfectly valid course of action.

Can smash them against the closest...something. Maybe a sharp rock.

Like, for a normal character that sounds like a bad idea, but with Junko's regeneration it's a perfectly valid course of action.
I mean, if she has 0 mobility in her limbs, she’s outta options. She could maybe dodge, or make a panic tag, but otherwise I’m not seeing much that keeps her in the game if Spidey goes for this, and these two are the ones that start the match....

Unless the webs have durability far above the durability limit of the tourney I don't see how Junko would be unable to harm them at all.
Yeah I'm not saying that she wouldn't be able to break them, im just saying it may be harder to break
Junko also has supersonic reactions. Like, their reaction/travel speed gap is really similar.
Huh, didn't see that. Noted.
Ok, but how does any of that help him in the battle? I brought intelligence up, because Junko has strategies that help her.
Eh, to show that Peter is smart as well, and can come up with strategies on the fly.
That's their purpose. Get snatched instead of Junko. Junko can always break something to create more.
But eventually, Peter could catch her, and that would be an instant game over for her. And I'm pretty sure this Spider-Man's webbing is Organic, so no webshooters to run out of. And again, he can create these webs to be big, meaning it would be an easier target to hit.
Nah, she won't be so distracted and Junko's super senses allow her to do the same. In fact:

axdDRrL.png

x5kbIgQ.png
Junko casually reacted to getting surprise attacked via teleportation.
That's good, and would definitely help, but having to react to it could still divert her attention from tagging out, right?

I mean, if she has 0 mobility in her limbs, she’s outta options. She could maybe dodge, or make a panic tag, but otherwise I’m not seeing much that keeps her in the game if Spidey goes for this, and these two are the ones that start the match....
Add in the fact that Spidey's lifting strength is class 5 vs class 1 for Junko, it'd definitely retrain her easily if she has no other options.

That's good, and would definitely help, but having to react to it could still divert her attention from tagging out, right?
Tagging out is a very simple manoeuvre, you just touch your teammate. You can do it with you back turned, and there’s no rules saying your teammate can’t tag themselves in, it doesn’t have to be mutual. So Kenny could see Junko in trouble and if she’s in range just tag himself in and force the 9-Cs into play

Tagging out is a very simple manoeuvre, you just touch your teammate. You can do it with you back turned, and there’s no rules saying your teammate can’t tag themselves in, it doesn’t have to be mutual. So Kenny could see Junko in trouble and if she’s in range just tag himself in and force the 9-Cs into play
Ah, good to note. I'm not the most knowledgeable on wrestling stuff, so I'd definitely need to be told about some of this stuff.

Wouldn’t this be more into Baki favor since he has the dura neg moves I’ve stated before? So if he see Spider-Man is in trouble it wouldn’t stop him dura neg Junko with benda whips or biting

Wouldn’t this be more into Baki favor since he has the dura neg moves I’ve stated before? So if he see Spider-Man is in trouble it wouldn’t stop him dura neg Junko with benda whips or biting
The rules are that 9-Cs can only face 9-Cs, not 9-Bs, and vice versa. If a 9-B tags put their opponent is also forced to tag out as well, so Baki will never be in a fight with Junko, just Kenny

Getting to that point goes beyond just landing a simple hit with the webs, though. He would need to pretty much completely wrap her up and with her mentioned defense options (improvised shields and generally really good aim dodging) I don't see that happening.

Add in the fact that Spidey's lifting strength is class 5 vs class 1 for Junko, it'd definitely retrain her easily if she has no other options.
Depends on the grip, kinda. With Class 1 Junko's LS is still higher than their combined weight and stuff.

Eh, to show that Peter is smart as well, and can come up with strategies on the fly.
Sure, but.... which strategy?

I mean, I guess it helps him to adapt to the way the arena isn't very suited for his fighting style as there isn't much to swing on.

But eventually, Peter could catch her, and that would be an instant game over for her. And I'm pretty sure this Spider-Man's webbing is Organic, so no webshooters to run out of. And again, he can create these webs to be big, meaning it would be an easier target to hit.
Not instant game over. As said, tagging out or destroying them is still an option.

And bigger webs are easier to intercept. Throw something into them and they won't reach Junko.

And Junko could catch him as well and just start, y'know, dealing actual damage.

Don't see why it would. Didn't seem to have trouble with coordination in that instance.

Anyway, let's see how this thread is going when I come back from sleeping and work in.... eh, about 13 hours. No additional arguments from me until then.

Getting to that point goes beyond just landing a simple hit with the webs, though. He would need to pretty much completely wrap her up and with her mentioned defense options (improvised shields and generally really good aim dodging) I don't see that happening.

Depends on the grip, kinda. With Class 1 Junko's LS is still higher than their combined weight and stuff.
I.... don't see how this changes anything? Spidey's lifting strength is class 5 against Junko's class 1. Spidey could easily restrain her, whether it's through grappling or through his webbing.
Sure, but.... which strategy?

I mean, I guess it helps him to adapt to the way the arena isn't very suited for his fighting style as there isn't much to swing on.
Any strategy that's possible in this situation. As shown in his respect thread, he was able to use a wire to absorb Electro while on the fly, meaning he could use his smarts to use the area to his advantage.
Not instant game over. As said, tagging out or destroying them is still an option.
It really would be if they hit, which admittedly, is not going it happens easily. Because, as said before, class 5 webbing is going to overpower someone who has class 1 LS.
And bigger webs are easier to intercept. Throw something into them and they won't reach Junko.
She could do that, if she could find something to throw. The fight takes place in the Heaven's Arena, meaning that Junko would have to break the floor and use any rubble. At least, that's what I'm getting from some pictures. And even then, if the bigger webs do get stopped, what's going to stop Spidey from constantly using them? One hit from those big webs will put Junko down because again, those webs are class 5.
And Junko could catch him as well and just start, y'know, dealing actual damage.
A close quarters fight would probably be a bad idea. Because Spidey could overpower her with his, again, superior LS, and although negligible, he's still stronger AP wise. And he still has the Spider Sense, so he's going ti be detecting her movements, because this is the same Spider Sense that alerted Peter of an explosion before It even happened.
Don't see why it would. Didn't seem to have trouble with coordination in that instance.
To be fair to myself, I have 0 knowledge on wrestling, lol

Anyway, let's see how this thread is going when I come back from sleeping and work in.... eh, about 13 hours. No additional arguments from me until then.
That's fair. Not all of us are vampires.

So I kinda forgot about this one because The Demonic Wizards had their match lmao

so my current outlook on this match is Kenny beat Baki Extremely High diff, while Spidey beats Junko high-mid diff.

considering Spidey beats Junko easier than Kenny beats Baki, and Spidey and Junko start the match, I lean towards The Demon and The Spider as of now, so will cancel my vote for the psychic cleaners and wait for more input on Spider-Man v Junko, which atm seems to be the key towards which team will win this bout

I.... don't see how this changes anything? Spidey's lifting strength is class 5 against Junko's class 1. Spidey could easily restrain her, whether it's through grappling or through his webbing.
eipf7pg2t0c11.jpg

Imagine you had a cat do this to you, but the cat had Class 5 LS. Would you be unable to walk? Nah, you can still walk because your lifting strength is enough to carry the cat.

Similarily, Junko's LS is high enough to just carry spidey. Not saying LS doens't have its uses, but not just any grab will incap Junko.

Any strategy that's possible in this situation. As shown in his respect thread, he was able to use a wire to absorb Electro while on the fly, meaning he could use his smarts to use the area to his advantage.
I'm gonna say that in the situation we have set up here, against this particular opponent, no helpful strategy exists for Spidey.

It really would be if they hit, which admittedly, is not going it happens easily. Because, as said before, class 5 webbing is going to overpower someone who has class 1 LS.
And, as said before, only if webbed up so well that Junko can't just destroy the web via AP.

She could do that, if she could find something to throw. The fight takes place in the Heaven's Arena, meaning that Junko would have to break the floor and use any rubble. At least, that's what I'm getting from some pictures.
Yeah, probably. (or the roof) Should not be a problem for her, though. Destroying stuff to get projectiles is something she does.

And even then, if the bigger webs do get stopped, what's going to stop Spidey from constantly using them? One hit from those big webs will put Junko down because again, those webs are class 5.
Junko can just keep blocking them, likewise. Since they are so big, blocking them is rather easy.

A close quarters fight would probably be a bad idea. Because Spidey could overpower her with his, again, superior LS, and although negligible, he's still stronger AP wise. And he still has the Spider Sense, so he's going ti be detecting her movements, because this is the same Spider Sense that alerted Peter of an explosion before It even happened.
The AP advantage will be no use for Spidey, because she instantly regenerates the damage. Like, literally so fast that people miss that she even got hurt. That's the difference in a combat close combat scenario.

His LS will only help him in close combat if he manages to grab her. Junko uses more of a punch/kick based style than one that gets into grappling. Is grappling something Spidey focuses on?

Imagine you had a cat do this to you, but the cat had Class 5 LS. Would you be unable to walk? Nah, you can still walk because your lifting strength is enough to carry the cat.
Yes but now imagine the cat grabs your arms and legs, and you have to get the cat off you...

That's a cute cat

Similarily, Junko's LS is high enough to just carry spidey. Not saying LS doens't have its uses, but not just any grab will incap Junko.
But this is assuming that Spidey would just sit on Junko, which is quite frankly, a little dumb. If Spidey, say, grabbed Junko's wrists, she isn't breaking out of that hold. Similarly, if Junko tried that on Spidey, he'd be able to easily break out of her hold.
I'm gonna say that in the situation we have set up here, against this particular opponent, no helpful strategy exists for Spidey.
That may be the case. However, there is the chance he could use any rubble to his advantage.
And, as said before, only if webbed up so well that Junko can't just destroy the web via AP.
But again, if she gets any of her joints hit, she isn't going to be able to move well. It's even worse if she's webbed to the ground, as that would limit most options of movement, and therefor decrease the chance of her being able to break out of the webs.
Yeah, probably. (or the roof) Should not be a problem for her, though. Destroying stuff to get projectiles is something she does.
If she does try ro use the rubble, there is a chance that Spidey could use it against her. Such as swinging said rubble back at Junko, which may or may not hit.
Junko can just keep blocking them, likewise. Since they are so big, blocking them is rather easy.
....Why would she block the webs though? Like, that is an extremely bad idea. Webs are sticky, and Spidey's webs are class 5. Meaning the webs would pin her down, if she tried to block.
The AP advantage will be no use for Spidey, because she instantly regenerates the damage. Like, literally so fast that people miss that she even got hurt. That's the difference in a combat close combat scenario.
The once Spidey sees this, the same genius that deducted a target through phone frequencies, he would know to use his webs up close. Which would be harder to dodge I guess, since it would be at such a close range.
His LS will only help him in close combat if he manages to grab her. Junko uses more of a punch/kick based style than one that gets into grappling. Is grappling something Spidey focuses on?
Spidey has faced enemies who just punched and kicked as well, so mentioning that for Junko really does nothing. And while I haven't been able to watch Spider-Man MTV since Disney+ doesn't have it, it wouldn't take an einstein to figure out that it'd be better to use your stat advantage against an opponent.

Yeah I’m gonna vote The Demon and The Spider high diff

Kenny vs Baki:

Kenny edges this one extremely high diff due to unpredictable versatility and the skill to not completely fall behind

Spider-Man vs Junko

Spider-Man takes this high-mid diff due to restraining with webbing

So overall, both teams win one of the matchups, but The Demon and The Spider win their match easier than The Psychic Cleaner win their match, and we start with the match The Demon and The Spider wins as well sooooooo

Going into this tournament I expected The Psychic Cleaners to go really far, maybe even all the way. Very unlucky draw here for them.
You are just now assuming we have lost or is about to loose, Meanwhile DT is busy and hasn't posted a counter argument.
How is it an unlucky draw when both teams have Wincons infact I'll wait for DTs argument on Lifting Strength

If anything this is a good debate and Lifting Strength matter is still up in the air, And didn't DT said I'd be happy if Demonic starts with Kenny who via super powers edges out and wins against Baki and has multiple ways to prevent him from tagging in Spiderman.

If anything this is a good debate and Lifting Strength matter is still up in the air, And didn't DT said I'd be happy if Demonic starts with Kenny who via super powers edges out and wins against Baki and has multiple ways to prevent him from tagging in Spiderman.
I though we agreed on the 9-B' starting first via coin flip

You are just now assuming we have lost or is about to loose, Meanwhile DT is busy and hasn't posted a counter argument.
How is it an unlucky draw when both teams have Wincons infact I'll wait for DTs argument on Lifting Strength
I’m just speaking from the possible perspective of Psychic Cleaners going out, which is what I feel is the correct verdict

it’s an unlucky draw because two teams that could have met in something like the semi-finals ended up facing each other as early as round one, so it sucks one of these great teams has to go

Back