• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm a newbie writer myself, but I can identify when I write trash. It's basic reading comprehension and having taken at least a literature class in school. Like, he just made a trashy power fantasy, the most significant part being six self-inserts and six harems. This seems to be pure sm*t with no substance behind it. I've read bad fanfiction, but this one seems to be the worst based on the synopsis alone :ROFLMAO: .
Sound's like a goddamn bot army :ROFLMAO:

Imagine Y/N 1, Y/N 2, Y/N 3, etc. xD

God, they're like the blank H-anime protags but in naming LOL

There a lot of it, and I always want to punch myself for read it out of ironically. But yeah, there a few gems inside this mess union academy that I found during read trash.
How dare they do this to my boi Goku? He’s a goofy dumbass who loves his friends and famil. They changed him into bardock/future gohan esque levels of edgy angst

I feel you, I've navigated through many poorly written Naruto fanfic and it was disaster.
What also gets me is that they insult kishimoto for his work for making Naruto not kill sasuke and turning him into an edgy prick like Itachi when kishimoto based Naruto off himself because he dealt with solitude as a child.

Ain't no way he's a fraud like Future Gohan.
I like future gohan but the amount of people who say that he is “peak” is objectively wrong and doesn’t understand his character. He’s literally a war veteran who is tired and just wants to stop fighting. He never even wanted to fight when his father and everyone else kicked the bucket.

But it’s the DBZ fan base. We don’t read the manga or watch the series

I like future gohan but the amount of people who say that he is “peak” is objectively wrong and doesn’t understand his character. He’s literally a war veteran who is tired and just wants to stop fighting. He never even wanted to fight when his father and everyone else kicked the bucket.

But it’s the DBZ fan base. We don’t read the manga or watch the series
Future Gohan trained for 14 years, achieved SSJ, and got a sidekick who should be roughly comparable to his Base Form. 2 weaker versions of the Androids at half power stomped them both at once, and it turned out Future Trunks only needed 2.5 years and a week of training to stomp them and Future Cell with no effort in SSJ.

Future Gohan trained for 14 years, achieved SSJ, and got a sidekick who should be roughly comparable to his Base Form. 2 weaker versions of the Androids at half power stomped them both at once, and it turned out Future Trunks only needed 2.5 years and a week of training to stomp them and Future Cell with no effort in SSJ.
I’m not talking power wise. That’s bad writing for gohan to not get stronger but rather his character. This dude was traumatized as ****. He needs therapy but everyone just sees an edgy badass

What also gets me is that they insult kishimoto for his work for making Naruto not kill sasuke and turning him into an edgy prick like Itachi when kishimoto based Naruto off himself because he dealt with solitude as a child.
I love their tears in this regard. And as a reaction, naruto's wank brigade has genuinely written child torture scenes of sasuke, in which he's tortured to death in detail across countless of these poorly written power fantasies. This fandom isn't O-K from any angle.

I’m not talking power wise. That’s bad writing for gohan to not get stronger but rather his character. This dude was traumatized as ****. He needs therapy but everyone just sees an edgy badass
Its kinda like the issue of people wanting present Gohan to suffer to see Videl and Pan die so he can become like his future self and become an emotionless wreck.

Also they say Gohan being emotionally broken is his best version and the current one who is happy with his life is lame...even though Future Trunks is genuinely proud to see DBS Gohan happy and complete.

Tfw Sasuke fandom actually is better...
Sasuke as central protag actually has a lot of fun fanfics...though sadly they tend to get dormant or cancelled due to the constant support for shitty "Naruto is a god and superior so he gets everything" fics.

Like there was one where Sasuke and Itachi (Along with Madara and the Uchiha Clan) has a fanfic with Okami and they are related to Amaterasu and the Shinto Gods...but nope that fanfic is gone and now the Naruto x Okami crossover stuff now is filled with "Naruto gets everything and bash everyone" stuff.

Which was a shame because in that one fanfic had Sasuke realise that his and Itachi's mom is the human avatar of Amaterasu. Itachi knew this and Mikoto (Amaterasu) told him to destroy the physical body so that way Danzo or anyone can't claim her body (She was in a weakened state), Itachi argued he didn't want to do it and was forced to do it later on. Sasuke in this fic had to deal with the fact the Uchiha Clan was more disliked due to Itachi's killing most of the Clan (Itachi spared more people) and Danzo being the spiteful asshole he is told everyone the Uchiha Clan's Coup.

Naruto's heritage was revealed too soon and everyone praises Naruto and now Sasuke is hated.

Though sadly the fic was deleted...shame it had so much potential because it was going to have Sasuke team up with various Japanese mythical beings against Yamato no Orochi, Izanami and Susano'o...

Sasuke as central protag actually has a lot of fun fanfics...though sadly they tend to get dormant or cancelled due to the constant support for shitty "Naruto is a god and superior so he gets everything" fics.

Like there was one where Sasuke and Itachi (Along with Madara and the Uchiha Clan) has a fanfic with Okami and they are related to Amaterasu and the Shinto Gods...but nope that fanfic is gone and now the Naruto x Okami crossover stuff now is filled with "Naruto gets everything and bash everyone" stuff.

Which was a shame because in that one fanfic had Sasuke realise that his and Itachi's mom is the human avatar of Amaterasu. Itachi knew this and Mikoto (Amaterasu) told him to destroy the physical body so that way Danzo or anyone can't claim her body (She was in a weakened state), Itachi argued he didn't want to do it and was forced to do it later on. Sasuke in this fic had to deal with the fact the Uchiha Clan was more disliked due to Itachi's killing most of the Clan (Itachi spared more people) and Danzo being the spiteful asshole he is told everyone the Uchiha Clan's Coup.

Naruto's heritage was revealed too soon and everyone praises Naruto and now Sasuke is hated.

Though sadly the fic was deleted...shame it had so much potential because it was going to have Sasuke team up with various Japanese mythical beings against Yamato no Orochi, Izanami and Susano'o...
I highly rec Hymn of the Forsaken by ctt, then. It could use some support. Great fic. Sasuke centric. I'd appreciate it if more people reviewed it because I get the feeling that the author is probably not updating due to luke-warm reception. Which is crazy because the fiction is well written. I could also recommend daastan go's fiction or two here, too, but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to. I have one in mind, but it's massively NSFW.

I highly rec Hymn of the Forsaken by ctt, then. It could use some support. Great fic. Sasuke centric. I'd appreciate it if more people reviewed it because I get the feeling that the author is probably not updating due to luke-warm reception. Which is crazy because the fiction is well written. I could also recommend daastan go's fiction or two here, too, but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to. I have one in mind, but it's massively NSFW.
I read it and so far its pretty interesting as I really utterly love the Japanese mythology aspects to the story which I genuinely love since in all honestly I hoped to see more of these type of symbolism and aspects.

I also love how the Uchiha vs Senju situation has a new twist and different perspective allowing a new look at the Naruto series.

Though it seems from the comments there has been a lot of Itachi bashing, which yes Itachi did ****** up things but he still been through enough issues to show that he isn't completely evil.

(One reviewer was quite adamant on hating Itachi to a hilarious degree, which yes I agree Itachi did was ****** up but calling Itachi a ****** and a failure pathetic loser? Uh okay bro as if. I agree that Itachi has a very messed up sense of protection but calling him the true ultimate villain? A little ******* dramatic no?)

Ngl, as much as I avoid Naruto series fanfics even now (cuz of the blond re**** ninja and the fics they had as I mentioned before), a Sasuke one you mentioned sounds interesting. Heck, the Uchiha's ultimate techniques are named AFTER Shinto Gods. From the most prominent ones like Amaterasu to even the primaval/primordial ones that Shisui's ult MGS tech is named after (Kotoamatsukami or smth).

It is a shame tho.

Speaking of, I think the fanfics I like back then WITH Naruto series is one where at least Sasuke ISN'T being a hater or Naruto bashing on him or whoever. Yeah, Sasuke can be an emo kid or edgy even. But when you're out one night or you just somewhere in your home, and you come back to find everyone you knew, parents included, even those who probably were just strangers to you all massacred in one night by (at least to yourself) someone who was your family? That can make anyone so jaded and hardened.

Same for Itachi. Yeah, Itachi has done some messed up things. Thing he can never take back from even if he had somehow lived through the whole series somehow. But to say he's a loser or whatever, let alone this "ultimate villain" is really stretching it or just being critical on the kind of character he himself is of the things he did when he was still young. If anything, I'm more surprised now looking back that Itachi never lost his sanity. Or maybe he did but adjusted to it so well and/or kept it hidden that it's a miracle he can even function right away to go about his life after that.

Ngl, as much as I avoid Naruto series fanfics even now (cuz of the blond re**** ninja and the fics they had as I mentioned before), a Sasuke one you mentioned sounds interesting. Heck, the Uchiha's ultimate techniques are named AFTER Shinto Gods. From the most prominent ones like Amaterasu to even the primaval/primordial ones that Shisui's ult MGS tech is named after (Kotoamatsukami or smth).

It is a shame tho.

Speaking of, I think the fanfics I like back then WITH Naruto series is one where at least Sasuke ISN'T being a hater or Naruto bashing on him or whoever. Yeah, Sasuke can be an emo kid or edgy even. But when you're out one night or you just somewhere in your home, and you come back to find everyone you knew, parents included, even those who probably were just strangers to you all massacred in one night by (at least to yourself) someone who was your family? That can make anyone so jaded and hardened.

Same for Itachi. Yeah, Itachi has done some messed up things. Thing he can never take back from even if he had somehow lived through the whole series somehow. But to say he's a loser or whatever, let alone this "ultimate villain" is really stretching it or just being critical on the kind of character he himself is of the things he did when he was still young. If anything, I'm more surprised now looking back that Itachi never lost his sanity. Or maybe he did but adjusted to it so well and/or kept it hidden that it's a miracle he can even function right away to go about his life after that.
Not only that but the Uchiha Clan freaking lived near a Shinto Shrine which was called the Naka Shrine (Or in some translations Nakano Shrine) freaking means Shintō Shrine of Southern Joy that is more Shinto as you can get in living area. Also they have very Shinto like shrines and places. They even had Naka River the area where Shisui died.

So really having the Uchiha Clan be closely connected to the Shinto Gods making actual genuine ******* sense moreso than Naruto ever will.

Its a shame on how Sasuke gets bashed even though Sasuke has a genuine ******* excuse to be an emotional mess and he even showed genuine affection and care to Naruto and Sakura but nope those "fans" see Sasuke as Draco Malfoy levels of ego. Itachi yeah has done ****** up things but he is at least a good person in some ways as shown in his childhood and his connection to Sasuke. I think Itachi became somewhat insane...though driven at the same time due to him dying and determined as well. So Itachi is...semi-insane? But then again the villains in Naruto are somewhat insane in some way.

Not only that but the Uchiha Clan freaking lived near a Shinto Shrine which was called the Naka Shrine (Or in some translations Nakano Shrine) freaking means Shintō Shrine of Southern Joy that is more Shinto as you can get in living area. Also they have very Shinto like shrines and places. They even had Naka River the area where Shisui died.

So really having the Uchiha Clan be closely connected to the Shinto Gods making actual genuine ******* sense moreso than Naruto ever will.

Its a shame on how Sasuke gets bashed even though Sasuke has a genuine ******* excuse to be an emotional mess and he even showed genuine affection and care to Naruto and Sakura but nope those "fans" see Sasuke as Draco Malfoy levels of ego. Itachi yeah has done ****** up things but he is at least a good person in some ways as shown in his childhood and his connection to Sasuke. I think Itachi became somewhat insane...though driven at the same time due to him dying and determined as well. So Itachi is...semi-insane? But then again the villains in Naruto are somewhat insane in some way.
Yeah...

And exactly. I didn't really mind it much for Sasuke so I never had reason to hate on his character. Then growing up and you hear a whole bunch of tragedies happen IRL (not to get into it too much but it happens all the time...) and while probably not of the same extent, it is the same in the matter that people are killed and Sasuke is left as one of the very last of his clan out of a form of mercy or something. Something like that would make anyone grow up after that so bitter and detached (most of the time and initially for the most part) to everyone.

I read it and so far its pretty interesting as I really utterly love the Japanese mythology aspects to the story which I genuinely love since in all honestly I hoped to see more of these type of symbolism and aspects.

I also love how the Uchiha vs Senju situation has a new twist and different perspective allowing a new look at the Naruto series.

Though it seems from the comments there has been a lot of Itachi bashing, which yes Itachi did ****** up things but he still been through enough issues to show that he isn't completely evil.

(One reviewer was quite adamant on hating Itachi to a hilarious degree, which yes I agree Itachi did was ****** up but calling Itachi a ****** and a failure pathetic loser? Uh okay bro as if. I agree that Itachi has a very messed up sense of protection but calling him the true ultimate villain? A little ******* dramatic no?)
Itachi's shown in a bad light in the fanfiction, but that's different from bashing. People are allowed to interpret him as a genocidal jingoist, which isn't just a mistake, man. I think you're downplaying itachi's complicity and callousness a lot. Are you a fan? I recommend daastan go's criticism (it's on ao3, too), then. She deconstructs the character from every single angle.

Itachi's shown in a bad light in the fanfiction, but that's different from bashing. People are allowed to interpret him as a genocidal jingoist, which isn't just a mistake, man. I think you're downplaying itachi's complicity and callousness a lot. Are you a fan? I recommend daastan go's criticism (it's on ao3, too), then. She deconstructs the character from every single angle.
Eh I am a fan but I admit what Itachi did was messed up and cannot defend him on the Uchiha Massacre on any level. I mentioned I love the fic and the writing of it.

I was referring to how one viewer also downplayed rest of Itachi's good side, and his abilities. And also constantly spams it.

Yeah I read her criticism and yes Naruto series is flawed just because I am a fan doesn't mean I defend everything you do know that right?

I like Fairy Tail and One Piece but I know its many flaws in the series.

Eh, One Piece doesn't leave much to be criticized, if you referred to the moral level. I guess you could argue that Luffy supporting monarchy is kinda cringe, and there are a couple groups that are portrayed weird, but other than that, there legitimately isn't much there.

Eh, One Piece doesn't leave much to be criticized, if you referred to the moral level. I guess you could argue that Luffy supporting monarchy is kinda cringe, and there are a couple groups that are portrayed weird, but other than that, there legitimately isn't much there.
Almost no one dies in the series thats kinda a flaw in the series (I mean if you want to count it as a flaw). No really look at the every arc up to Impel Down and Marineford Arcs virtually none of the villains died nor did any of the civilians.

That bird guy in the Alabasta Arc that carried that bomb? He survived and was shown in a chapter afterwards safely and fine (People complain about Happy doing that but alright with it in One Piece lol). Conis' father Pagaya? Survived Enel's lighting blast somehow point blank. I can go on but there you go.

Luffy supported Vivi who is a genuine nice person same with that princess in Fishermen Island, so not really that cringe tbh.

Almost no one dies in the series thats kinda a flaw in the series (I mean if you want to count it as a flaw). No really look at the every arc up to Impel Down and Marineford Arcs virtually none of the villains died nor did any of the civilians.
That really isn't that bad though. Oda just didn't want to kill people, because if a bunch of people die, the actual deaths don't hit that hard. Also, he just wanted the people to be happy. Current arc is pretty dark though, like 2 or 3 named characters have died even if you don't count flashbacks iirc.
That bird guy in the Alabasta Arc that carried that bomb? He survived and was shown in a chapter afterwards safely and fine
He's just built like that.
(People complain about Happy doing that but alright with it in One Piece lol)
People complain about it ALL THE TIME. They somehow call it a plothole, when it's basic scaling.
Conis' father Pagaya? Survived Enel's lighting blast somehow point blank. I can go on but there you go.
Still doesn't mean anything. The lack of deaths isn't a flaw. Killing characters isn't what makes a story good. He survived because it set up a really good bit, and because Oda didn't feel like giving Conis PTSD at the moment.
Luffy supported Vivi who is a genuine nice person same with that princess in Fishermen Island, so not really that cringe tbh.
Yeah, I know.

Eh I am a fan but I admit what Itachi did was messed up and cannot defend him on the Uchiha Massacre on any level. I mentioned I love the fic and the writing of it.

I was referring to how one viewer also downplayed rest of Itachi's good side, and his abilities. And also constantly spams it.

Yeah I read her criticism and yes Naruto series is flawed just because I am a fan doesn't mean I defend everything you do know that right?

A reviewer? Oh, I misread you, then, which is why I mentioned that the ff has no bashing. No need to listen to the reviewers. I generally always make up my mind by reading the ffs. Saved me a lot of hassle.

Absolutely. I think no series is perfect.

I feel sad that a series great as Kamen Rider is trapped in this Union Academy bullshit.
Trust me, most of Newbie Writer don't know how to write good Kamen rider fanfic. They always choose Overpower and self insert Kamen rider than well-written in Wattpad, through there one good fanfic that feature Kamen rider and Honkai impact at fanfic.net.

There was one point I had where someone wondered if I should try a Kamen Rider fic.

Man, I have zero clue how I would ever do that amd I feel it's oversaturated ish on the fanfic community. At least on Wattpad as far as I can see.

Been done in Honkai. Done on Symphogear. MHA, I think. Maybe RWBY. Senran Kagura. Neptunia...it's practically all over the place, even in series where it'd make next to no sense having business there at all.

I was writing a fanfic on the JJBA verse being changed by the influence of my d and d party helping them fight Jack the Ripper and Dio in Part 1, and by the time I got to Part 3, the Dio fight was marked as a 33 minute read.

Thinking about that one Percy Jackson fanfic where Sally is cornered in an alleyway and raped by the Big Three, Apollo, Hephaestus, Ares, and Hermes then somehow that results in Percy being a demigod of all of them.

Thinking about that one Percy Jackson fanfic where Sally is cornered in an alleyway and raped by the Big Three, Apollo, Hephaestus, Ares, and Hermes then somehow that results in Percy being a demigod of all of them.
Wow, so edgy and cool. He has the powers of Hades and every male Olympian?! Craaazy(Sidenote, it's good that the author didn't think about how shape-shifting works, or it would have been all of them.)

Now thinking about it, the Boruto series might as well be terrible fan fiction of the highest order. (No offense to those who like it). But it is generally forced passing the torch next gen that about none of them matter except ******* Boruto. Aliens that nobody asked for, absurd power creep that makes the fourth war in Naruto blush in envy. Only thing I liked from it were filler that made it worthwhile to watch

Now thinking about it, the Boruto series might as well be terrible fan fiction of the highest order. (No offense to those who like it). But it is generally forced passing the torch next gen that about none of them matter except ******* Boruto. Aliens that nobody asked for, absurd power creep that makes the fourth war in Naruto blush in envy. Only thing I liked from it were filler that made it worthwhile to watch
The next generation absolutely matters outside of Boruto. If you've caught up on TBV, there's another person from his class who's pretty good. And it's dumb imo to complain about "forced torch passing," but also complain when old-gen characters get stronger in a series about how working hard and having friends is the most important thing if you want to get stronger.

just an overlord power fantasy wanking fic, reminds me of that other shitty overlord fate fanfic there.
I remember the author in this story trying to claim how ainz would be having a big advantage in dc/vertigo verse. I hope they comes here to share his shakespearean wisdom just so i can tear into his nonsense.

For ***** sake, the Endless are the embodiments of UNIVERSAL concepts. Like if anyone is any death related shit, they are automatically in mercy of death of the endless. Same goes for Ainz here. That is assuming the presence does not decide to yeet ainz out of the dc multiverse . Like lmao, another kid wanting ainz to solo all verses.

Back