• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh God, not the Howard Lovecraft movies.
Yeah kids, you want a real role model to look up to? Just take a look at xenophobic and (arguably) schizophrenic atheist who wrote about the insignificance of humanity and how our existence in the universe is the equivalent to insects in comparison to the godlike aliens and abominations who rule over it

That series of movies.
f75.jpg

@Ned_the_outer_god pretty much but IMO it's more accurate to call him a xenophobe as opposed to just a racist, dude just did not like anyone not from Providence, Rhode Island. Though even for his time, he took his xenophobia and put it on a whole other level

Seriously, isn't it very well known that Lovecraft was an incredibly racist dude? What were they thinking
H.P Lovecraft was likely an existentialist/nihilist (judging by his writing) who probably thought "who cares if I'm xenophobic and don't believe in religion we are all insignificant in the grand scheme of existence, which could be ended in an instant with zero warning, so I'm going to do whatever the f*** I want"

IMO I do believe that, while his beliefs were pretty extreme and unacceptable, Lovecraft wasn't this one dimensional racist that some people paint him out to be as these days. As I said I think it had less to do with looking down upon other ethnicities and more so to do with just being afraid of things he didn't understand, which you can see quite clearly in some of his stories and how he painted other cultures and countries and what he depicted them as as members or followers of Eldritch gods.
Now I want to say that it doesn't excuse what he believed, but I think it's a lot more complicated then that

I don't, and I'll keep it that way.

Also, do games by companies count as fanfic? Hogwarts Mystery has the quality of someone's first fanfic for sure, except you need to grind for about eight hours per day to get a chapter worth of cringe.

Is it that gacha game where one of the chapter's is getting brutally beaten up by the weeping willow if you don't have enough of the in-game energy and refuse to spend actual cash?

Is it that gacha game where one of the chapter's is getting brutally beaten up by the weeping willow if you don't have enough of the in-game energy and refuse to spend actual cash?
Among other things, yes.

Main character is also a horrible Mary sue, and can date gender bent Draco (Merula).

And the characters are stupid. Like, Hogwarts has magical ice spreading over it. They get a note, claiming that there's a hint in [X house they aren't the part of]. Will you tell the professor? Nah, let's break into the house.

Last edited:
I wonder who just agreed to have their ab shot used for a Wattpad fanfiction?

Back