• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not just the first few episodes, he does it all the time and he threatens people that he will stick a hot metal rod down their butt h o l e. If you say no, he sticks it down the hole. If you say yes, he sticks it down the hole. No matter what you say... he sticks it down the hole.

WHAT IS THIS? This has to be some kind of parody or dark joke because if the author expects me to take it seriously then he's severly disillusioned to think it's wonderful story telling.
I mean let's just set aside the fact that the implications I read seem to say that the MC likely raped an innocent girl, the fact that this guy is meant to be sympathetic when he's doing immoral shit is the greatest joke I've seen from bad stories

Eh the first girl he raped, Flare, wasn't a saint herself but what he does after is the problem.

Kidnapping, Identity Altering, and Mental Conditioning the girl he raped.

Last edited:
Good god, how the **** is this character meant to be tragic when he's a scumbag? See this is what I mean by edgy characters needing human qualities, otherwise you get protagonists like that

NGL the Demon Lord seems to be hero because the MC is trash, and the girl and her entire kingdom is trash (Conquering land and turning the inhabitants into workers or prostitutes/sex slaves)

I've only read the summary of Redo of Healer but I can tell the edge in it is more sharp then Reinhard Heydrich's spear, seriously I can see why some people like edgy stories but it doesn't mean that they have to ignore human traits and qualities and make everything glum and dark
That bad huh? What's it about? I only know that its borderline ****.
Short summary of events:

Dude with healing power that is more op than any other healing power (others speed up bodily healing, he straight up magics wounds - and anything that would stand in the way of his angst - away), but he also feels everything that happened to a thing that he heals, so he doesn't like to do it. For this reason, he is drugged up, tortured, raped and forced to heal by his party, and all that other natural stuff that any person would do when someone passes out after removing a mortal wound from you.

Shit hits the fan, he is the only one left alive, and then he heals the world to time travel back. Yep. His party was a literal blight on the world, so he could heal the world by... undoing causality.

Well, back in time he starts stocking up on powers, because he can learn any skill of the person he heals.

For ultimate power, and revenge, however... he still needs to get into the shitty party and stay put for six months. So in the lead up he eats random mushrooms to build drug immunit to take care of that part of the torture, but still gets ass ****** for those six months.

Finally, he gets the ultimate power, and through a set of bullshit occurances that involves him using his healing to shapeshift others and himself, he ends up alone with the princess. He beats her up, makes her choose between his dick and a glowing hot piece of metal, and then rapes her.

Then, he heals her to make her look different (blue eyes, because people certainly won't recognize her with her signature pink hair if her eyes don't match), and memory wipes her, then gaslight her into loving him.

There are also parts like a sword Saint woman who likes to rape other woman with a giant, jagged strap on, where he drugs up a whole village of peasants to rape her (after nearly getting raped by the sword sainz because he shapeshift into a woman for reasons).

And the story goes on as such.

It's meaningless torture ****. There is no moral, no logical through line, no likeable character. Just torture ****

God this makes me wish that Berserk would be given a proper anime adaptation, just to demonstrate what actual good edgy story telling is.
Redo the Healer is an example of when a seemingly borderline sociopath decides to write a power fantasy taking their anger out on the world

Ned is secretly a disciple of Nyarlathotep, his goal is to spread as much chaos and panic as much as possible to satisfy his master's needs.
But FR I feel sad that you gave up your sanity for this

You know just out of curiosity sake, which website has better fanfiction? Wattpad or Fanfiction.net? Because Wattpad's quality of stories makes Fanfiction.net look like Shakespeare

You know just out of curiosity sake, which website has better fanfiction? Wattpad or Fanfiction.net? Because Wattpad's quality of stories makes Fanfiction.net look like Shakespeare
Eh... both have a lot of shit, and very very few good things. Whenever I use the search engine I put a minimum of 10k words as a preset though, which cuts down 90% of actual fics so I wouldn't be able to tell which is better in general.

What even is that shit (Redo)? Like, really? It would be far easier to swallow if he wasn't portrayed in a positive light but c'mon. Not even Chinese fantasy novel MCs (well, most of them) are that unnecessarily cruel and edgy. And these guys will wipe out a civilization out of spite....

See the thing about edgy characters, as I will repeat again, is that they need to display some human emotion or genuine sympathy to get you to feel bad for you. IMO edginess doesn't always come from a tragic past but also from individuals who have more pessimistic philosophies that negatively impact their optimism.
What Redo and most edgy fanfiction fail to understand is that most edgy characters are designed in a way to grow out of their pessimism and become more cheerful or at the very least hopeful for better days, when you ignore that basic quality and instead you want to make them permanently edgy then it takes away from their human traits and makes them become unlikable jerks.

See the thing about edgy characters, as I will repeat again, is that they need to display some human emotion or genuine sympathy to get you to feel bad for you. IMO edginess doesn't always come from a tragic past but also from individuals who have more pessimistic philosophies that negatively impact their optimism.
What Redo and most edgy fanfiction fail to understand is that most edgy characters are designed in a way to grow out of their pessimism and become more cheerful or at the very least hopeful for better days, when you ignore that basic quality and instead you want to make them permanently edgy then it takes away from their human traits and makes them become unlikable jerks.
I'm fine with a permanently dark protagonist, provided they have some character to them. A novel I read had a protagonist lose his family, friends and everyone later on. He was already pretty dark before that (one of his friends was hunted down and he responded by massacring thousands people involved) but still showed great care for those close to him. Despite becoming a very cold, dark being afterwards (to the point he expressed the wish to become the only darkness in the universe), he still felt emotions like loneliness, pain etc.

Basically, if they're gonna be edgy all the way, at least make them have character. Not be some one dimensional asshole.

@Planck69 I'm just trying to say it has less to do with them growing out of their edginess and more so just learning to regain or gain human qualities ya know? Like I think we both agree that any protagonist that is either edgy or not needs to display human emotions so that we, the reader, can insert ourselves into the story and relate with them.
Fanfiction mistakes genuine douchebag qualities as being good edgy story telling, when you see Naruto act like an ass without any sort of emotion or whatever why should I like this character? It's also a complete insult to Naruto because even though I don't like the character, I can at least respect his devotion to making the world a more peaceful place so to see it be tainted pisses me off

Oh yeah, totally. Killing people, being an asshole and hurting others for no reason at all (not even an emotional one) is just dumb.

Back