• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Planck69 Planck you just perfectly summarized one of the biggest issues with most fanfiction. They do not try to build up their world and characters in a proper matter that could take months to fulfil whilst simultaneously giving each character important to the story a unique view of life and philosophy which defines their personality and goal of life, whatever it'd be a good guy or bad guy.
No THAT would require effort, and when most of these stories are the author inserting themselves then that tells you 100% that these people are not interesting

One I personally really dislike, though many enjoy, is The Spider from imjusttryingtofindmyway.

Now, his fics are much better than the worst they have to offer. As a fic I once really liked, and the author of another fic I immensely enjoyed (Percy Jackson and the game if I remember the title correctly).

First, the main character is the best definition of a Gary Stu that I can at all think of. Dude possesses Peter Parker in a marvel world is the outset.

He is never a bad person, or isn't intended to (I view the desire to make a connected Hive Mind out of humanity as negative, but there's a debate to be had there). He is immensely OP, haivng the gigabrains that comics like to throw at people, which he used to gain the ability to integrate others' dna into his own. X-men and such being around, he uses it to get regeneration and other boons. But as soon as it starts getting out of hand (as power absorption tends to do), it's suddenly revealed that he is irradiating himself, sweating radioactive buckets at all times and slowly destroying himself from outside out.
Not too unreasonable - though he should be able to just make something to remove the radiation - but he reacts to this by deciding to not power steal anymore, and going to school while irradiated. He also learns how to use magic, and his death would cause the collapse of the multiverse, and a lot of other stuff that makes him the most unique, special individual in an infinite multiverse.

He also misuses his powers massively, forgetting and gaining them as the plot needs it.

Talking of school, his "father" orders him to go despite his insane smarts for social interaction. To the dude with a harem.

And yes, harem. At first he has a single chick he is into, there is some high drama for drama's sake, they break up and he ends up hooking up with a bunch of chicks, including invisible girl (him being a minor) and spider woman. As in the comics, he, spider woman and a bunch of spider-chicks are just attracted due to pheromones.

Besides him... nothing of note exists. Every character revolves around him and their interaction and disposition towards him. The world, besides being seemingly underpopulate (with the potential destruction of universes killing "millions", and crashing cities like NY killing tens of thousands), is unimportant and rarely develops in a way that doesn't directly tie in with him, too.

There's also dimensional travel, and his daughters from the future come back to talk with him (why is that a trope?) multiple times.

Not the worst fanfic by far, it's just the distiction between "hilariously bad" and "this had potential...", since the author is a decent write, and just doesn't seem to plan ahead at all.

One I personally really dislike, though many enjoy, is The Spider from imjusttryingtofindmyway.

Now, his fics are much better than the worst they have to offer. As a fic I once really liked, and the author of another fic I immensely enjoyed (Percy Jackson and the game if I remember the title correctly).

First, the main character is the best definition of a Gary Stu that I can at all think of. Dude possesses Peter Parker in a marvel world is the outset.

He is never a bad person, or isn't intended to (I view the desire to make a connected Hive Mind out of humanity as negative, but there's a debate to be had there). He is immensely OP, haivng the gigabrains that comics like to throw at people, which he used to gain the ability to integrate others' dna into his own. X-men and such being around, he uses it to get regeneration and other boons. But as soon as it starts getting out of hand (as power absorption tends to do), it's suddenly revealed that he is irradiating himself, sweating radioactive buckets at all times and slowly destroying himself from outside out.
Not too unreasonable - though he should be able to just make something to remove the radiation - but he reacts to this by deciding to not power steal anymore, and going to school while irradiated. He also learns how to use magic, and his death would cause the collapse of the multiverse, and a lot of other stuff that makes him the most unique, special individual in an infinite multiverse.

He also misuses his powers massively, forgetting and gaining them as the plot needs it.

Talking of school, his "father" orders him to go despite his insane smarts for social interaction. To the dude with a harem.

And yes, harem. At first he has a single chick he is into, there is some high drama for drama's sake, they break up and he ends up hooking up with a bunch of chicks, including invisible girl (him being a minor) and spider woman. As in the comics, he, spider woman and a bunch of spider-chicks are just attracted due to pheromones.

Besides him... nothing of note exists. Every character revolves around him and their interaction and disposition towards him. The world, besides being seemingly underpopulate (with the potential destruction of universes killing "millions", and crashing cities like NY killing tens of thousands), is unimportant and rarely develops in a way that doesn't directly tie in with him, too.

There's also dimensional travel, and his daughters from the future come back to talk with him (why is that a trope?) multiple times.

Not the worst fanfic by far, it's just the distiction between "hilariously bad" and "this had potential...", since the author is a decent write, and just doesn't seem to plan ahead at all.
I never really got "go to school to learn social interaction" tbh.

Well, the purpose is to interact with minor side characters like Gwen in-story. Which is social interaction, to be fair.

But I agree, having a dude who can rival Tony Stark in smarts stay back in school is not the best idea. At least let him skip to college to be with people on his level.

67482522-1fa2-4e4b-96cf-f6118c7d60c2

6405f1f1-3090-4757-bed9-e107f572a988

Oh my god, this author actually described the cosmology of his verse. Damn, to make an op protagonist he is literally ripping off umineko concepts!

Hey at least Suggverse was in the "it's so bad it's good" category of fanfiction so you can at least be entertained by reading it's awful content.
Now this? No this is just awful and I do dislike when someone makes a story for the sale of it being OP, which normally isn't an issue if the story is good but it's not

Hey at least Suggverse was in the "it's so bad it's good" category of fanfiction so you can at least be entertained by reading it's awful content.
Now this? No this is just awful and I do dislike when someone makes a story for the sale of it being OP, which normally isn't an issue if the story is good but it's not
Now i went through a bit of the story, it is not that bad as i thought though. It's target was comedy, and i had a good laugh reading some of the shenanigans the mc was making. Saying all stories with an op mc is unreadable is like saying misfit of demon academy is bad as ****.

Last edited:
Speaking of worst fanfic, may I offer you to my old fanfic I wrote back when I was naive horny teenager. My naive old me thought this was my best work yet.

Now, I almost wish that I never wrote it in the first place.

So go ahead and do your worst roasting me, cuz I totally deserves it.

FAIR WARNING: The fic will probably makes your eyes bleed, read at your own risk. There are also my others fanfic in that account that are equally, if not worse than the one I linked above.

Last edited:
Nice one

And yeah, my standard of "good fanfic" has drastically changed a lot, so I will be more careful about what i write from now on.

Actually, I think I will give flame review to that fanfic now for shit and giggles.

I still has some problem with grammar though

Last edited:
@Beast_Zero_Gudako see I can respect that, when someone acknowledges that their first stories were massive duds which is a good thing BTW because it shows that you know where you can improve and how to make your stories better.
A lot of these fanfic writers on the other hand? Yeah they just spend their entire careers thinking they make only masterpieces

Because clearly being given constructive criticism to improve your story is a telltale sign that they don't like the story.
Unpopular opinion here but if you say "Don't like it, Don't read it" then you know that the story is going to be crap

I mean, it could just be the author trying to warn that the fic isn't meant to be quality, which is fine.

Well if the story has things like harems, bashing and OP mary sue characters then it'd be safe to assume that such a phrase to meant to deflect crictism correct?

Depends. If the author is completely unapologetic about it then yes, definitely. If they simply want to have pure wish fulfillment and acknowledge it then not really. Many of us have had that character we just liked enough to want to give the world to or wanted to imagine ourselves interacting with a verse. As long as it's just meant to be senseless fun then it's fine imo. Of course, if the author thinks it's meant to be quality then criticism is a given.

@Planck69 I think the issue is that a lot of these fanfics are the done for "serious" reasons so I gurantee you that the statement is used to deflect crictism or as a warning to those who don't want to get hives from reading these stories

Depends. If the author is completely unapologetic about it then yes, definitely. If they simply want to have pure wish fulfillment and acknowledge it then not really. Many of us have had that character we just liked enough to want to give the world to or wanted to imagine ourselves interacting with a verse. As long as it's just meant to be senseless fun then it's fine imo. Of course, if the author thinks it's meant to be quality then criticism is a given.
true.

I really hate it in fanfics when the author keeps posting chapters just to ask questions to the reader idiotic questions like what cloths the mc should wear, who should they have in their harem, and all that bullcrap. It's ******* YOUR story! Write by your damn self and stop putting chapters just to ask these stupid questions!

I agree it really kills the flow of the story and sometimes the people would vote for Harems or other dumb stuff and would ruin the story and add dumb stuff, I mean there was a great story but when the author wrote if he should have Natsu have a harem then many people said yes and it soon became a cliche harem story that killed it.

They really shouldn't trust the collective intelligence of fanfiction readers....

God I hate that crap, it's like instead of having a story planned out from start to finish they instead rely on the input of people who aren't writing the story to give them ideas, which can severly mess up the quality of the story.

I've only read the summary of Redo of Healer but I can tell the edge in it is more sharp then Reinhard Heydrich's spear, seriously I can see why some people like edgy stories but it doesn't mean that they have to ignore human traits and qualities and make everything glum and dark

Redo of a Healer feels like something a teen would have imagined, except it was written by a dude in his mid to late twenties.

I've only read the summary of Redo of Healer but I can tell the edge in it is more sharp then Reinhard Heydrich's spear, seriously I can see why some people like edgy stories but it doesn't mean that they have to ignore human traits and qualities and make everything glum and dark
Reinhard would prefer to shove up his spear (one of the most hax weapon in fiction) in his ass rather then see redo.
We all know the shit called abused and neglected reader x RWBY, yeah right, , the only person who is really abused and neglected is the one reading these stories.

Last edited:
That bad huh? What's it about? I only know that its borderline ****.

Back