• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Thanos (with all the Stones) 3-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Calaca said:
...considering using the stones once left him on a bad state
Wasnt Thor the one who heavily wounded him and then Thanos used the power of all gems to purposely destroy all 6? Which would also be around 3-A/Low 2-C because they come from the Big Bang.

If it wasn't notable with the repeated mention of Dormammu, no one is taking this thread seriously, do you guys really think the stones surviving the big bang is going to be properly discussed here? Someone make another thread and close this one already.

DMUA said:
The main problem is, this statement is made by a Thanos who had never worn or seen the gauntlet used, and when it was actually used, it has only shown 5-A (or even Low 5-B, bit those Revisions didn't go anywhere) feats, with it destroying itself only creating a planet wide shockwave.
Honestly this isn't the best reasoning. The stones did the same amount of damage even when doing this comparatively lesser feat which is supposedly very weak, namely destroying the stones, so how much damage they do to him isn't related to the feats he does. As for experience, Thanos has clearly studied it for years, and the supposed experience needed to use amounted to about a day or two. Not much of a difference there anyway.

Honestly don't care much for the tier but if those were the arguments used, then this needs to be discussed again.

It's still a heavy dissonance between statements and feats, to which actual feats take priority

In fact, Iron Man and the rest, who actually had the gauntlet, and saw it in action, only said it would light up a continent

You could probably argue the feats are casual and not contradictory and such, but it still feels off

I dunno 3-A could be fine

DMUA said:
In fact, Iron Man and the rest, who actually had the gauntlet, and saw it in action, only said it would light up a continent
I mean, the power stone alone has exponentially better feats than this, I don't think this statement was meant to show a hard cap to the gauntlet's power.

Yeah, it's definitely more powerful than that, I just think the statements are iffy in general

Isn't the continental stuff only by weilding the guantlet? Iirc that is why no one else could weild it but Hulk without getting severley damaged when the energy went through him.

Question: If we were to discover that Thanos is truly 3-A, what would we do to add that to the page, since it's such a monumental change? I would imagine we would have to talk to an admin or something, but I just want to double check.

Staff input is a must for basically everything, either big or small changes.

You should move this discussion to a CRT and get staff input from people who knows about the verse and can tell how legit this is.

The Calaca said:
Staff input is a must for basically everything, either big or small changes.
You should move this discussion to a CRT and get staff input from people who knows about the verse and can tell how legit this is.
CRT meaning Content Revision, right? Sorry for the questions, I'm not super knowledgable on the forum part of the site.

Yes.

I suggest you to take note of what has been said here when you create the CRT to be as specific as possible. You'll have better chances of getting proper input.

To answer the question, it's because this is too big a jump to just accept the statement without literally anything backing it up.

Created? Not sure.

But "The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals hurtling across the virgin universe" is what was said.

"Before creation itself, there were six singularities. Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots... Infinity Stones." ―Collector

I agree. There's that statement, the feat of them surviving the Big Bang and it was heavily implied Thanos's final snap was gonna be to do his goal of annihilating the entire universe down to its last atom. Plus it's the comic book adaptation of a weapon that gives you infinite control of nearly all aspects of the universe due to embodying its primordial concepts and is multiversal+ in sheer power. So it's not like it'd be that far fetched to say that even the nerfed movie version is 3-A.

Also it was only having the stones destroy themselves which nearly killed Thanos and he was planning on surviving the initial destruction of the universe in order to create a new one that's grateful to him.

According to the statement the stones were formed from the remnants of the sigularities after the big bang happened. Doesn't mean they can survive the force of the big bang. It's the same as saying Earth can survive the big bang because it was formed from it.

It being a comic book adaptation means nothing. Comic book infinity stones are much powerful.

That would make Thanos who survived the stones being destroyed, Wanda who destroyed a stone and other characters like Thor, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange 3-A, which would be a huge outlier.

The statement isn't backed by anything, that's why it was rejected.

My point was that if an adaptation of a cosmic weapon that gives you near limitless control over the universe through embodying its core concepts is being stated to have universal power, there is little reason to doubt it. People are acting all incredulous towards the idea when really it isn't farfetched nor contradicted.

Wanda only destroyed the stone because of the similar power source of her magic. The stones getting destroyed clearly doesn't cause universal destruction, as shown with Wanda destroying it. Thor overpowered a beam of unknown strength which it was confirmed by the Russos that Thanos was just offguard and a screenwriter said that Stormbreaker's dwarven magic was inherently a counter to the stones. Captain Marvel was one shot by a single stone that was using an unknown amount of its strength. Dr. Strange only ever had control of one stone which didn't scale to his physicals. No one physically scales to all the stones. Even then that's outliers for them not proof the stones aren't that powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back